• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Eroke

Oct 27, 2017
Back in March, EA revealed they wouldn't be holding a press conference at E3 2019, instead preferring to hold their own EA Play event with two days of live streams with gameplay and developer insights, streams from content creators, and gameplay opportunities for attendees. Now it seems like those plans have been dialled back even further to cut down the live streams to just a single day, with the event now beginning on June 8th as noticed by PC Games N.

The event was originally due to begin on the evening of June 7th with a kickoff event of multiple live streams, but that event has been moved to the morning of June 8th. There will now be nothing taking place on June 7th. Instead, those live streams will now take place across that Saturday only, and EA promises to reveal a schedule for those closer to the time. We know that Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order will be at the show, as will Apex Legends and Battlefield V, but we're also likely to see some of the new titles revealed in EA's latest financial results, such as Need for Speed, Plants vs Zombies, and new sports titles.

The EA PLAY fanfest event will continue to take place over June 8th-9th, giving players the chance to get their own hands on with the games and showcasing content creator streams from the Creators Cave. As always, we'll be on hand to bring you any of the news to emerge from the show as we get it.

https://www.trueachievements.com/n37631/eas-e3-2019-plans-downsized-again

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Thank god, i'll take one day of streams with everything instead of juggling between 2 days.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Yikes, looks like they don't have a lot of good going for them. Guess thats what happens when you constantly release trash.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
will they at least have that one indie game that turns out pretty good?

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Hope things get better for EA.

I bet I'll get shit for saying that lol

vahlorie

Oct 26, 2017
Only thing I'm really looking forward to is (presumably) PvZ: Garden Warfare 3. I love Garden Warfare 2, but after over three years I'm excited to see where PopCap HD take the series next.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Hope things get better for EA.

I bet I'll get shit for saying that lol
I've always hoped they could do more independent work while having such a strong backing from FIFA and Madden

In 2008 I feel like they attempted that but came out not super lucky (with Mirrors Edge and Brutal Legend) financially.

but I've always hoped they could try again in a big way.

they've funded some really neat smaller projects in the last couple years

I hope they at least stick with doing that

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
It's crazy how last gen there was talk of EA making their own console. I used to play so many of their games and barely any for Ubisoft back on the ps2. 2 gens later and it's the complete opposite.

TRU

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
My guess is the press wasn't going to cover it like they hoped. On a Bombcast a while back there was brief discussion basically saying they would likely have little to no coverage of EA's event as a result of no press conference. A lot of money can be saved by press outlets by showing up 1~2 days later ie hotel, transpo to an out of the way event, meals , etc.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Fallen order.
Thats all they got

+ NFS
+ PvZ
+ EA Originals

My guess is the press wasn't going to cover it like they hoped. On a Bombcast a while back there was brief discussion basically saying they would likely have little to no coverage of EA's event as a result of no press conference. A lot of money can be saved by press outlets by showing up 1~2 days later ie hotel, transpo to an out of the way event, meals , etc.

EA Press Conferences are not aimed for the press, watch this:

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
i want a PvZ like the original

i want a new SimCity like 3000

i want a remaster of The Sims 1

i want to cry sometimes

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
I WOULD PAY $100 UP FRONT FOR A REMASTER OF THE SIMS 1 WITH ALL THE ORIGINAL MUSIC AND ALL ITS EXPANSIONS

NO QUESTIONS ASKED

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
I don't think they really need to put on a E3 show ever. I think they can wrap it up. People don't care about need for speed, plants versus zombies, and have been burned on so many Star Wars titles, that it' doesn't matter either.Sports gamers just buy the one game every year and call it. My brother does it every year. He'll play just madden for like one week and then never play his xbox one s ever again. Im glad he owns the console though because the mainstream audience like him allows for games like Apex and Dragon Age to exist. My brother has never even heard of E3.

I am surprised it has taken them so long to get out of E3 in terms of having a conference. It just doesn't make sense for them. Just like it doesn't make sense for Square Enix, Bethesda, Limited Run, PC Gaming, etc. The only companies that should be doing an E3 conference are Sony, Ubisoft, and Microsoft. Everyone only cares about AAA games. Those are the only few that will deliver.

My last thing. I don't understand why Anthem gets so much hate. It sold pretty well, had a decent 40 hour campaign with exceptional graphics, was a decent coop experience, etc. Were there problems? Yeah lots. Clearly an incomplete game that didn't get enough time. But to beat the game you have to put in like 30-40 hours. Felt like a decent buy to me at the end of the day. Like I"m not upset I bought it. Never felt "Robbed". It's just a game you flat drop after you beat it like most games should be.

PS: Apex is the most interesting game they've put out in years.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
OH GOD I LOVE THE SIMS 1 SO MUCH

I WOULD PAY TOO MUCH

OH GOD, NOSTALGIA WILL STRANGLE ME TO DEATH

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
It's youtube videos like that that always surprise me. Alanah is probably one of the smartest people in the industry. Right next to Andrea Rene imo.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They should have just sat out this year and put Fallen Order on the Xbox stage.

More chance of PC/PS fans watching the Xbox show than EA's anyway lol.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bit of a bummer, methinks one or two of their games are getting delayed or something which doesn't justify a big as planned show anymore. I am legit interested in EA's output for the next months to be honest: sports titles aside, there's a cool sounding single player Star Wars game, Plants VS Zombies is coming back, Need For Speed has been hit or miss for quite some time but I always have some hope the next one is "the good one", and there surely will be some indies in the mix as well. Not saying it was gonna be the best spectacle ever but they are working on multiple games I plan on playing.

Darth Smurf X

Oct 25, 2017
Hoth, WI
This year... They could release a gameplay trailer for Jedi Fallen Order, a roadmap for 2019-20 of Battlefront 2 content and scratch 'n sniff Boss Nass stickers and I'd be happy.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
With the amount of games they're making they could just put together a 30 minute clip and call it a day.

We don't need presentations of the sports games.

Oct 25, 2017
I was actually wondering why it was spread out over 2 days.

1 day should be more than enough for their usual sports games, updates to games like Sims 4, the new PvZ, Jedi Fallen Order and the new Need For Speed.