• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

easter

Nov 15, 2017
It's almost like stock value and market cap are dictated by guidance and expectations and not internet reactions to one title. This is bananas!!!

t67443

Oct 30, 2017
I never thought BattleFront would have a long term effect. EA to me is a shit company that has been pulling bullshit for years (voted the worst company in America in the past) and mostly getting away with it, so the controversy over loot boxes was never going to really hurt them. Still, stocks are at all time highs in general, and while EA has had some nice gains over the years, check out Amazon or other companies if you want to see really impressive stock increases.
How EA won worst company in America and not Comcast still boggles my mind.

DammitLloyd

Oct 25, 2017
Dammit, I was one of those that said to buy in while they're cheap. But I was holding long for a solar company, couldn't get in on this steal.

ElMexiMerican

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not really sure why people thought this wouldn't blow over. I'm sure it will do the same thing once the next EA controversy comes around.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
The average consumer doesn't post on gaming forums or Reddit. Video games are a disposable source of entertainment for them. They don't give a shit about morals or ethics like we do.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Learning all the wrong lessons... gah... :(

Please be good Anthem, please be good. Actually there was just news on this hinting that microtransactions could be tweaked according to the backlash of BF2, but seeing this just makes me worry again.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
EA CEO right now

tenor.gif

But replace kraken with micro transactions

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Its still lower than what it was before BF2 came out, and way lower than what analysts forecasted. I dunno what's 'record high' about it.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
I was about getting ready to post how this makes no sense at all considering circumstances, but since that other article got posted up today about "MS buying EA," that could be a good reason why stocks suddenly shot up. Of course though, I know there is alot I'm missing here and I'll figure it out later of why this sudden turnaround occured.

TyGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been having fun with battlefront 2. I guess all those down votes didn't disrupt their bottom line after all?

OP
OP
Nirolak

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
The stock is soaring in after hours trading now that they've reported their earnings results, hitting new lifetime highs:

eastock34pstg.png

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fug this just continues to reinforce bad trends. Thanks to the massive community outcry, and falling ever so slightly short of projections for Battlefront 2 it's still had a relatively minor effect. But they'll likely just double down now. Things are going to continue to get worse in context to the pay models with EA.

Apex88

Jan 15, 2018
Stock prices are always volatile and short-term.

Untold damage has been done to EA's Star Wars properties and Anthem looks on shaky ground. The market will ignore it until the reality smacks them in the face when those IP's launch.

Of course EA could work through their problems. But for me there are far more question marks and uncertainties moving forward.