• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats to everyone in the "EA has lost $3 Billion in Stock Value due to Battlefront 2" thread who said they were buying in. It seems EA managed to shrug off the whole Battlefront 2 affair.

eastock28bqgk.png

Source: https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/EA/

Update:

The stock is soaring in after hours trading now that they've reported their earnings results, hitting new lifetime highs:

eastock34pstg.png

Last edited:

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
Don't worry, it'll deflate like a balloon when Anthem gets shelled for lootboxes/MTX and sells poorly.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As expected. The doom and gloom with EA was absurd knowing the size of EA.

Don't worry, it'll deflate like a balloon when Anthem gets shelled for lootboxes/MTX and sells poorly.

Just like it happened with Battlefront 2 that even with the backlash still is in the top 10 best selling and also the best-selling SW game along BF1 and now made their stock even higher? Nothing will be bigger than this even if they do the same thing again with Anthem, which I don't think it'll happen.

JarlRaven

Nov 8, 2017
People still going to buy Anthem and Battlefield 2018 in massive droves and EA is still going to come out on top can't stop this train.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
at least this proves to EA that they can be successful without including microtransactions in their games.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
I sleep well at night knowing I won't waste my money buying EA games regardless.

OP
OP
Nirolak

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Really wondering if anything of notice happen for this to happen.
Battlefront 2 seemed to perform very well in December and it's only a small part of their overall revenue anyway. Similarly, they had about zero microtransaction revenue for Battlefront projected for this fiscal year anyway, just because they weren't sure what they would make.

Presumably institutional investors noticed this and bought in on what was effectively a sale price on the stock.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly we all should have seen this coming. The average person buying BF2 really just doesn't care.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
As long as they have an insane stable income like their sport division, mobile division and Battlefield they can shrug off anything. Still without that fiasco Battlefront 2 could have been a success and their stock cap would have been higher by now.

The Traveller

Oct 31, 2017
While I don't like how they designed the progression around lootboxes in Battlefront, I really enjoy playing the game. I hope they keep supporting the game with new maps and modes.

The game has been discounted during the holidays and it's on sale again this week on Xbox Live. I wonder how NFS Payback did.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Now, can we get an updated list of content for Battlefront 2 and a patch for Battlefield 1 on 1X please??

Luxorek

Oct 25, 2017
Poland
As expected. The success of EA doesn't ride on the success of Battlefront 2 [which still sold in the millions]. It's just another game in their portfolio, next to more profitable FIFA, Madden and Battlefield.

PatMan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just reminder us nerds bitching on a forum will never change overall market trends and that micro transactions are the future.

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
only think that would bring them down for good is if people start boyotting their games if they have bullshit practices...

whining on reddit and the internet only bring you so far.
Just reminder us nerds bitching on a forum will never change overall market trends and that micro transactions are the future.
they are only if we let them be the future

but people should stop whining on the internet and start votingg with their wallets.

Deleted member 6733

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I caved when BF2 was half price on the Xbox store over Xmas and to be fair, it's a great game.

Looks stunning in the X!

Rmagnus

Oct 28, 2017
Good for them I guess. I don't buy their stuff in general but honestly, if so many other people enjoy their games outside of I don't know the correct term to use...core gamers? maybe they are doing something right?