• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jay Shadow

Oct 28, 2017
My AC is leaking water like crazy so I've got it off most the day. Good thing cold air from yesterday is still trapped in the building.
Dealing with a water situation of my own here. In a building where the air is generated elsewhere and we have a fan in the ceiling of one of our closets that brings it into our unit. The drip pan that collects condensation is both rusted out in places and the pipe that drains it is also blocked. They can't get to fixing it until after the holidays. Every time the air shuts back off it drops about a gallon of water from the ceiling. Had to funnel it all with trash bags into one spot so I can collect it and frequently empty the bucket that's collecting it.

Oct 25, 2017
Jersey Shore checking in, it's miserable. The westerly wind is doing favors either. Tried to beat the heat on my bike by leave around 7. Still nearly crashed because it got hot so fast. Walked right into our outdoor shower and blasted myself with cold water.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This usually means whatever anti-freeze agent is being used, needs to be topped off. Otherwise the hoses and pipes can 'freeze' up which causes water build up. Pretty common in older central-air situations.

The other problem I've seen is the air filter just hasn't been replaced in forever and is jamming everything up, this can cause leaks from the lower end of the unit.
Thanks!
Dealing with a water situation of my own here. In a building where the air is generated elsewhere and we have a fan in the ceiling of one of our closets that brings it into our unit. The drip pan that collects condensation is both rusted out in places and the pipe that drains it is also blocked. They can't get to fixing it until after the holidays. Every time the air shuts back off it drops about a gallon of water from the ceiling. Had to funnel it all with trash bags into one spot so I can collect it and frequently empty the bucket that's collecting it.
Lol damn.

Lunaray

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago here. Yesterday I spent an afternoon at a beach with friends and got burnt to a crisp. Today, I'm just indoors all day with the AC on.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
Central NY here with the humidity it feels like 102 and I'm so fucking done. I'm about to crash my aunt's pool again today just like I did yesterday.

Zona

Oct 27, 2017
Long Island, NY here. Been 90+ all day with 50+% humidity. I've been outside all day, I love this weather.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
My air conditioner is one of those internal ones on wheels, it's leaking so I had to put it on top of a mopping bucker and put the tube in it... it's definitely not cooling as much as it should. It's 44c outside or 113F or whatever that is.

Foxhound286

Dec 4, 2017
New Jersey
Central Jersey here, and it's fucking miserable. God, I can't stand the fucking heat. Summer can't be over soon enough. I miss the cold. I miss snow.

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
Just another day in NJ. Anything between 70 and 100 is normal here on any given day in the summer. Often shooting back and forth between them day to day.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Just worked out- inside, with AC on- and still pretty much melted.

Fucking gross. May as well be in Florida with this weather.

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
This is
giphy.gif

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Decided to skate down to one my favorite dive bars for some after work drinks. It didn't feel that horrible while I was out, but the moment I sat down at the bar I just starting pouring in sweat. Luckily I did hydrate a lot today.

(Lancaster, PA. Weather Channel said it feels like 104 out).

Taurus Silver

Big ol' Nerd
Oct 29, 2017
Its blazing hot in Baltimore. Can't be bothered with this heat. I'll be hibernating until my bday in August.

Lifendz

Oct 27, 2017
Queens NYC and it's so hot it's miserable. I thought about hitting up the beach earlier but I decided to just get a six pack and watch tv.

Culex

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Was in my pool from 12pm to 4pm today. It didn't get quite as hot as the forecast if 100, but 97 is still toasty! My pool water is 81 now... I cannot remember the last time it was this warm.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
figures the one year the A/C is broken that it ends up being 100 degrees every fucking day...doesn't help every jackoff I call over gives me a different explanation as to why the A/C is busted.

Clear

Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
CT reporting in. 92 and humid, went for a run and saw a lot of people doing yard work. Wife and the kids stayed inside with the ac

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
Long Island, NY here. Been 90+ all day with 50+% humidity. I've been outside all day, I love this weather.
Ah a fellow Long Islander. Where you at? I'm in Suffolk County, south shore.

--

I actually went for a 2.5 mile run earlier and it was a bad idea (as expected). When I got back to my apartment I felt like I was gonna throw up. Been sitting on my couch in the central air since. I'm getting a bit stir crazy though and wanna get out of here..

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
This sucks. I've been getting in shape via jogging and getting ready for a 5k in a few weeks. I feel so terrible in this weather. I feel like i gotta wait for the sun to go down to even have a chance to finish my jog

Zona

Oct 27, 2017
Ah a fellow Long Islander. Where you at? I'm in Suffolk County, south shore.

--

I actually went for a 2.5 mile run earlier and it was a bad idea (as expected). When I got back to my apartment I felt like I was gonna throw up. Been sitting on my couch in the central air since. I'm getting a bit stir crazy though and wanna get out of here..

Hicksville, pretty much dead center of Nassau county. I was at the beach most of the morning which was nice and I've just been sitting in my backyard since I got back. After the winter we had I'm spending as much time outside in actual nice weather as I can.

peteykirch

Oct 25, 2017
Feels like 107 here in Central NJ.

Apartment complex sent an email out suggesting not to set your AC below 72. We found that hilarious as the coldest we ever have it set is 74/75.

We went out first thing in the morning to get done what we had to do, and by Noon we were in for the day.

The_Joker1721

Oct 27, 2017
When Iived in Brooklyn I remember the heat waves being especially brutal with all of the concrete + subways. Just oppressive. Not to mention shit air quality and high humidity.
Lmaooo bro you telling me, niggas don't know heat until they stand in the 14th street union square train station at 5:57 pm. Don't even get me started on the humidity.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Fucking hot in DC area y'all. Buddy and I just walked 7 blocks from one bar to another and we got slammed by the heat. Both of us got that fitness level of 100% and even we struggled.

In a place with the AC cranking and cold beers now though, so...

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've left the house once this entire weekend. Fuck the heat.

I start a new job tomorrow, so this should be interesting since it's a campus style facility and I'm pretty sure there is gonna be lots of walking between all the different buildings.