• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
Are they getting paid for the "Sweetest Moment" plug?
If so, they really should explain who Sweet Justice is! The advertising effect is totally lost on lots of new viewers if they don't.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
if huber loses all his other bets, and if Bowser doesn't make a bowser joke, is there even a slight chance someone pulls ahead?

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Are they getting paid for the "Sweetest Moment" plug?
If so, they really should explain who Sweet Justice is! The advertising effect is totally lost on lots of new viewers if they don't.
they have a canned video that plays every once and a while explaining the sponsor, I saw it a few times yesterday

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
oh, I thought it was an hour and a half from now, but I guess the pre show is in 20 mins

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
if huber loses all his other bets, and if Bowser doesn't make a bowser joke, is there even a slight chance someone pulls ahead?

Bosman can pull ahead if:

- Mega Man X reveals himself
- Captain America wears multiple outfits
- Doom Eternal spends more time in the second half of Bethesda's conference
- Doug Bowser makes a Bowser joke
- A game character throws something that hits the screen OR Todd Howard apologizes

Everyone else is eliminated.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
How are final bets calculated, btw?

If it happens does that person just get a flat pot?

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bosman can theoretically beat him still.

It would require Megaman X to show up in one of the conferences. And it would require Bethesda to put Doom in the back-half of their conference. Both of those are extreme longshots. I don't think Megaman X has ever been in any E3 Press Conference. The only possibility is that he might be an Echo Character in Smash Brothers, but Nintendo might not even talk about Smash in their Direct.

Similarly, I don't think any company has ever devoted the back half of their press conference to a known game that they've already released extensive trailers and marketing materials for. Usually that is for surprise reveals and debuts.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Bosman can theoretically beat him still.

It would require Megaman X to show up in one of the conferences. And it would require Bethesda to put Doom in the back-half of their conference. Both of those are extreme longshots. I don't think Megaman X has ever been in any E3 Press Conference. The only possibility is that he might be an Echo Character in Smash Brothers, but Nintendo might not even talk about Smash in their Direct.

Similarly, I don't think any company has ever devoted the back half of their press conference to a known game that they've already released extensive trailers and marketing materials for. Usually that is for surprise reveals and debuts.

They already confirmed we'd see a dlc character at the smash tournament yesterday

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Unless I'm mistaken, bets only refer to press conferences unless otherwise specified. If Nintendo reveals new characters at a tournament I don't believe that would count.
they didn't, they teased that they'd talk about it more during the Direct, which would count

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They confirmed at the tournament the reveal would be during the direct
they didn't, they teased that they'd talk about it more during the Direct, which would count
Ahhhh, the way you phrased it I thought you meant that yesterday they said "There will be a new Smash character at the tournament," and that the tournament was still forthcoming.

That said, I'm not really sure if MegaMan X is noteworthy enough to make it into a Direct.

Bosman will probably be sunk by Bethesda tonight anyway.

Oct 25, 2017

- A game character throws something that hits the screen OR Todd Howard apologizes

Good luck with all THAT.

Heid

Jan 7, 2018

What will happen instead;

- Mega Man makes a Mega Man X joke
- Captain America appears in the second half of the Bethesda conference
- Doom Eternal features in game apology for Fallout 76
- Todd Howard wears multiple outfits
- Doug Bowser throws something at the camera

flare

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I cannot believe that Huber got no Nintendo at Microsoft. What witchcraft does this man employ to get what he wants at E3s?

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
This has probably been mentioned before but I dislike that they are paying to much attention/importance to the bets they made instead of the actual content being displayed at E3.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
This has probably been mentioned before but I dislike that they are paying to much attention/importance to the bets they made instead of the actual content being displayed at E3.
huh? they've been talking alot pre and post events about games without even bringing up the bets

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany

Finished the Xbox conference with them right now, they have barely mentioned any bet at all in the whole conference. What did you watch?? I'm confused.

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
Who's pumped for the Xbox conference tomorrow?

Lcnyq.jpg

This post from last night is one of the most legendary forum posts of all time.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a Huber celebration video clip from the end of the Microsoft Press Conference? I was watching the GiantBomb feed.

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
The format of MS briefing was much better this year. I'm glad they 'only' used the "World Premiere" VO when it actually was. Last year was much more annoying when they used "Exclusive" before trailers as well. A nice simple text with "Xbox Game Studios" is great. The next-gen stuff didn't tell us anything except release window, which makes me believe that they felt forced to talk about it. Would have been nice if they saved it to E3 2020, but oh well...

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
The format of MS briefing was much better this year. I'm glad they 'only' used the "World Premiere" VO when it actually was. Last year was much more annoying when they used "Exclusive" before trailers as well. A nice simple text with "Xbox Game Studios" is great. The next-gen stuff didn't tell us anything except release window, which makes me believe that they felt forced to talk about it. Would have been nice if they saved it to E3 2020, but oh well...
It's actually kinda funny how blatantly they ripped off Sony's opening splash screen. "Sony Interactive Entertainment Xbox Game Studios Presents".