• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine if yoshida just said "special shoutout to my friend michael damiani watching with the other allies now at twitch.tv/easyallies"

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
this conference has dipped

bring it back strong squeenix, comeon

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
Captain America did not wear multiple outfits.

Kyle Bosman is eliminated.

Michael Huber has won the EZA 2019 E3 Betting Special: Total Degeneration.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
I'm kinda surprised Kyle's so positive about Avengers. Those character designs looked shockingly generic to me.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
jeez

there was a lot i liked in the presser, but yet again it felt kinda flawed

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
ZIM0vxU.gif

yeah kinda, lol

munchie64

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Man, even if conferences weren't the greatest, I can't wait for those juicy impressions. Especially in the form of spicy noodles and broth.

Deleted member 42164

User requested account closure
Apr 15, 2018
Not going to lie, I'm getting a bit annoyed at the Allies seemingly not even considering restarting the stream. This audio issue is going to hurt them for the Direct.

Silencio

Oct 25, 2017
They should definitely get Ian or Damiani to swap out and try to fix it. I don't envy Jones right now but the direct itself is more important than the preshow.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
Their chat can be a bit annoying with audio stuff sometimes tbh.
Screaming for something to be turned up when it's already high enough etc.

Deleted member 42164

User requested account closure
Apr 15, 2018

Paches

Oct 25, 2017
It will totally depend on your setup. If you are on phone or laptop audio, you're not going to notice it. If you have some lower-quality headphones, you might also not notice it. But it's absolutely there, sounds like low bitrate or something.
I am on earbuds and my work laptop and it definitely sounds very tin can-like. Not the end of the world, but mildly annoying.

Szeth

Oct 25, 2017
It sounds pretty bad. Sounds like they're on low quality headsets. It's insane they're just continuing through it instead of restarting.

edit: well there we go

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Among game enthusiasts, this is basically an unbearable war-crime. The hyperbole of the internet is intense.

Nah, I shut it down. I'll watch elsewhere if they can't fix it and sound like that. It was unbearable, like I would just skip the podcast if it sounded like that.

On my speakers, it sounded like a robot when Ben used an 'S' noise. The better your audio equipment, the more noticeable and annoying it was.

OP
OP
fireworksordie
May 30, 2018
Among game enthusiasts, this is basically an unbearable war-crime. The hyperbole of the internet is intense.

i don't think it's unrealistic to want normal- or high-fidelity audio, which the current stream was not. streaming is definitely hard and wonky, but low frequency (which is what it sounded like) audio does a large disservice to music and even voice clarity.

i'm an audio dork but i don't need a lot to satisfy from streaming. 128kbps aac is standard for streaming and is good enough. anything above is a bonus.

HadesHotgun

Oct 25, 2017
i don't think it's unrealistic to want normal- or high-fidelity audio, which the current stream was not. streaming is definitely hard and wonky, but low frequency (which is what it sounded like) audio does a large disservice to music and even voice clarity.

i'm an audio dork but i don't need a lot to satisfy from streaming. 128kbps aac is standard for streaming and is good enough. anything above is a bonus.

I didn't say it wasn't real or wasn't an issue. I just said the reaction by people on the internet was hyperbolic, which it was.