• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to kyle's take on the ridiculous pokemon news and huber's reaction to the shenmue 3 kickstarter travesty

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Looking forward to kyle's take on the ridiculous pokemon news and huber's reaction to the shenmue 3 kickstarter travesty

The pokemon news is straight up bullshit, especally when you know there going to charge $60 for a third version of the game a year later that does have all of the pokemon available. As a longtime fan with a living dex this news is so so disappointing.

I cant find anything about the shenmue news your referencing.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
The pokemon news is straight up bullshit, especally when you know there going to charge $60 for a third version of the game a year later that does have all of the pokemon available. As a longtime fan with a living dex this news is so so disappointing.

I cant find anything about the shenmue news your referencing.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/sh...s-before-posting.122218/page-59#post-21752795

Huge slap in the face and middle finger to the backers of the kickstarter

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Watching Animal Crossing: New Horizons on Treehouse brings out my inner Kyle.

So many small things that probably most players will be happy with, but I am convinced go against the spirit of Animal Crossing. Coupon shit that incentivizes activities that doesn't need to be incentivized. Buying items from a menu instead of picking them up in the store where they are displayed and exist as real models. The existence of a phone in a game about escaping to a deserted island.

Why can't I just pick weeds because I want to pick weeds. I don't want a seperate reward. The reward is I picked weeds and there are now less weeds.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Watching Animal Crossing: New Horizons on Treehouse brings out my inner Kyle.

So many small things that probably most players will be happy with, but I am convinced go against the spirit of Animal Crossing. Coupon shit that incentivizes activities that doesn't need to be incentivized. Buying items from a menu instead of picking them up in the store where they are displayed and exist as real models. The existence of a phone in a game about escaping to a deserted island.

Why can't I just pick weeds because I want to pick weeds. I don't want a seperate reward. The reward is I picked weeds and there are now less weeds.

I totally get where your coming from, they are adding gameplay elements to things that really dont need them (talking about the weeds specifically.) As far as ordering things from a catalog you've been able to do that since atleast new leaf, I'm pretty sure it existed in wild world as well. I'm hopeful that as you build up your town you will be able to upgrade your nook shop to have display shelves and expanded offerings.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
animal crossing 1 had a catalogue

i remembered getting codes in nintendo power for stuff

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Heard the tail end of the FF7 stuff, will need to watch it later, Brad sounded quite pleased, as expected from the gameplay we saw last night, so I hope that was the case.

Looking forward to Shenmue.

Cyberpunk talk now
Oh wow, never expected Keanu's character to be that involved (at least for an arc?) or in that way lol.

Last edited:

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
lmao @ brad

Bu06baI.gif

rvXF6Mq.gif

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
I was really disappointed in Ian's dismissal of EGS problems saying it is just a different button press and that's it, implying that PC people shouldn't complain. Screw that, EGS is horrible for the consumer and lacks 90% of the functionality of Steam and Steam store, including cloud saves, mods, family share, streaming, Linux support, achievements, universal controller support, big picture mode, user forums, user reviews, shopping basket, wishlist, keys offered on 3rd party sites without Epic/Steam taking a cut so there can be decent consumer discounts of 15-25% at launch, etc. It's not just another button to press, it's a subpar experience and anti consumer.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a reason the Nintendo reaction is in parts and only a select few? I have a hard time imagining them not popping off at stuff like NMH3 and panzer dragoon

Deleted member 42641

Banned
Apr 25, 2018
I mean the allies are not wrong about the whole epic game store thing, like playing one game on it wont kill you or give ultimate power to epic games lol

Jul 17, 2018
His father died of cancer a week ago. He has no living parents now. Give him a fucking break.

He should take some time off then, clear his mind.

I mean the allies are not wrong about the whole epic game store thing, like playing one game on it wont kill you or give ultimate power to epic games lol

Right, because it's about getting killed or giving powwr to Epic. Nice strawman.

Last edited:

Deleted member 22649

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ian seems willing to talk about anything except videogames nowadays. Like he's burnt out.

When I read this post, I had just finished watching him lead a fascinating discussion of Cyberpunk for over an hour as part of the Monday night impressions video. I realize that folks on this board can often be completely irrational whenever the topic of Epic Games Store comes up, but come on, man.

Jul 17, 2018
When I read this post, I had just finished watching him lead a fascinating discussion of Cyberpunk for over an hour as part of the Monday night impressions video. I realize that folks on this board can often be completely irrational whenever the topic of Epic Games Store comes up, but come on, man.

It wasn't a discussion, they shared their impressions and he seemed really tired during all of it. I really like Easy Allies but when they drop spicy hot takes they're going to get called out on it.

Jul 17, 2018
And so are you. Your hot take about Ian is wrong in every single sense.

You're right. Him reducing the really complex situation with Epic, Shenmue devs and Kickstarter backers to 'it's just one button' was absolutely ok and he displayed great understanding and empathy by siding with a giant corporation against KS backers there. I will shut up then.

Szeth

Oct 25, 2017
Ian's awful Epic take was the usual garbage from people who don't understand or care about the situation, but I don't see how he was anything but engaged and enthusiastic during the Cyberpunk discussion. Separate issues.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
I doubt Ian was aware of how big a deal the shenmue 3 kickstarter thing is.
It's still disappointing but he's certainly not one to side with the megacorps or anything like that.

Nell

Oct 27, 2017
You're right. Him reducing the really complex situation with Epic, Shenmue devs and Kickstarter backers to 'it's just one button' was absolutely ok and he displayed great understanding and empathy by siding with a giant corporation against KS backers there. I will shut up then.

A lot of people feel the way he does about the situation, they don't care about having an extra game launcher. Some do care, which is why it's important to have a variety of opinions, which is why I love Easy Allies.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
The anti-Epic sentiment on Era is outright embarrassing at times. A lot of the traditional Era hot takes are actually. Makes you wonder why you make Era your home forum until you venture into the outer internet and realize everywhere else is alt-right Nazi shit and you're left muttering "Oh fuck" to yourself.

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
It wasn't a surprising dismissal coming from Ian. Huber and Ben would definitely have a more nuanced take on the situation

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
Not long until they're live again, hoping for some astral chain impressions. It's looking like my game of the show.