• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
Easy Allies pulls my devil trigger.

giphy.gif

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
They made it! I'm so happy for them.

I'll miss the garage, but they need that studio. The garage might still make cameos, though. It can be the default location for Cup of Jones at least.

May 5, 2018
Congrats to the EZA folks! I always enjoy watching their reactions to E3 trailers and they have a usually positive but grounded look on the industry. Glad to see they're doing great!

Radio

Oct 25, 2017
They could rebuild the garage inside a studio ;)

Yeah, I hope they don't tell anyone they moved into a studio, and then on a group stream, everything looks normal until the camera pulls back and it turns out they've been streaming from an exact replica of the garage inside a studio the whole stream.

Persagen

Oct 27, 2017
I much prefer the garage as a viewer but can understand why they want to get out of it. I wouldn't want to work out of a garage if I didn't have to.

But still, I like the garage.
That setting gave them a completely unique and endearing appeal that would have been absent otherwise - at least initially. I'll miss it, too.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
That setting gave them a completely unique and endearing appeal that would have been absent otherwise - at least initially. I'll miss it, too.
When they got the table Sophie's appearances were reduced by like 95%, which was a shame, but I got used to it. I guess we'll get used to Corporate Allies.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
They can find some way to replicate the garage in a corner of the new studio somewhere.

Heck they gotta do it now

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
They made it! I'm so happy for them.

I'll miss the garage, but they need that studio. The garage might still make cameos, though. It can be the default location for Cup of Jones at least.
I think just mentally the sense of "leaving home to go to work in the studio" matters a lot to everybody and energy levels. Back on GT it seemed there was the sense that the crew could really just fool around because in a sense it wasn't someone's personal space.

gordofredito

Banned
Jan 16, 2018
love em, unfortunately gonna have to unsub from their Patreon next week since I'm a little tight on cash after upgrading my PC

FlashbladeERA

Oct 27, 2017
I much prefer the garage as a viewer but can understand why they want to get out of it. I wouldn't want to work out of a garage if I didn't have to.

But still, I like the garage.
I prefer the garage too, but a studio allows all of them to be able to collaborate more with wach other since they are in a working environment

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
I also worry that moving into to a studio will kill the comfy, feel good "homey" vibe of their programming. They need to make sure that the studio they create is the exact opposite of the sterile, corporate "desk" they had at GT.

Make it a home away from home with a couch, shelves, nick-nacks, and Lightening standup just with better lighting, wiring, mics and room.

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I also worry that moving into to a studio will kill the comfy, feel good "homey" vibe of their programming. They need to make sure that the studio they create is the exact opposite of the sterile, corporate "desk" they had at GT.

Make it a home away from home with a couch, shelves, nick-nacks, and Lightening standup just with better lighting, wiring, mics and room.
giphy.webp

Chronos

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope there isn't a big dip due to people artificially inflating their pledges for a month. These guys need consistency. Let's keep the train rolling.

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
EZA is awesome because they seem so genuine and knowledgeable about games. Their freaking video about talking about who won E3 awards is far more enjoyable than other guys similar to EZA make videos about. I won't drop names but EZA is amazing... especially compared to certain other guys.

So yeah. I'm happy they are growing. It's totally deserved.

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
I've been a patron since a few months after the start. Love to see them just getting bigger and bigger. They really are passionate and knowledgeable, and seem like such genuine people that it's impossible not to wish the best for them.

ps please add EZAnime 52k tier

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
The cynical part of me worries that this is a temporary jump, just because of how fast things have been going up. But, I mean, it's not just people upping their pledges. We're getting tons of new patrons. I just hope they stay.

Keith Stat

Oct 25, 2017

While I think this is a fair concern, I honestly would be floored if this were the case. Right now they are operating out of Jones' garage. While Jones is a damn saint for allowing Easy Allies to exist and use his garage as much as they have, it's still inherently awkward and the availability is much more limited than a studio space. Right now they are using Jones' "space," a studio will be "their" space. They can customize it however they want and have much more room so they won't constantly be trying to overcome the shortcomings of a garage that isn't made for production and having to constantly shuffle things around.

From what I understand, they get together on Tuesday's and maybe one other day a week (I'm sure some weeks more than that), but they use those days as marathon filming sessions and they do most of their organization not in person. A bummer of this situation means they have basically zero wiggle room for spontaneity and that is when EZA/GT has put out some of their best stuff. They've miraculously been able to make this work, but it would do wonders for their production if they were working at a dedicated studio that they hang out daily. For example, being able to accomplish multiple things such as filiming/streaming/editing/voice-over/whatever else at one time would be huge for them. While Kyle's Box Peek epic is remarkable, if he were doing it at a studio with assistance I'm sure it would be much, much further along. Having coworkers actually present allows them the possibility of much more multiple ally streams and for hands-on assistance if anything is needed.

While there is a worry about a "sterile" studio, I just doubt this. The future EZA studio they will be their own bosses and this will be their own space. Back in the day they had to appease their corporate overlords and share the studio (Jones said he knew some people that would likely want to make use of the potential EZA studio as well, but it's obviously no where to the degree that GT had to back in the day).

And c'mon, of course Sophie is going to be allowed in the studio.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
I really hope there isn't a big dip due to people artificially inflating their pledges for a month. These guys need consistency. Let's keep the train rolling.
They really should set another goal for like 55k, something like: "We need assurance that we'll have money to maintain a studio"