• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

YawZah

Oct 30, 2017
I really really hope they don't get some kind of insanely produced studio with $40k LED walls and stuff. It would take all the charm out of it.
I understand Brandon would want his life back and the entire enterprise not taking place out of his house, but I'm just hoping they won't over produce their content going forward.

SpectR0nn

Jan 6, 2018
I would love it if they do get a studio, but then they decorate it in such a way that it still has that homey feel of Jones' garage. That would be the best of both worlds.

I guess kinda like how GB has been doing it.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Prefer the garage honestly

I like the cozy feel of the garage, but it is a hurdle for a number of the type of shows that I enjoy watching. When they are in an office space again the ability for them to take on creative projects, a nimbly collaborate, will increase immensely. Right now everyone is spread out, everything takes a lot more planning.

This is a very good thing. Even if I think we will lose just a tiny bit of that intimacy.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
I recently upped my donation. Wonder how many people did after E3. I hope they are careful with the studio. Who knows if 50k will continue after this month? It's dipped down before. I don't need a studio from them right this second. The garage is nice and cozy anyways.

Evan

Oct 27, 2017
What?! I was just looking yesterday (I typically check on it to see how they are doing), and it was sitting at 47ish.

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
I find it mindblowing that an amazing channel like them only get 50k though a Twitch streamer like Ninja gets half a million a month.

tophu

Oct 27, 2017
Only patreon/kickstarter I have ever supported. Upped by pledge after E3 too.

So worth it and I can't wait for them to get a studio and out of Jones' garage. As cozy as it is, I'm sure Jones and Amanda would prefer the privacy.

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
This is amazing. Have kept up with them ever since they began this endeavor. Don't expect them to get too serious with the studio just yet. That's something they need multiple months of 50k for.

Uno Venova

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, I'm never going to get mad at anyone for wanting back the show that brought so many new eyes to GT in the first place, and started the personality era.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I really really hope they don't get some kind of insanely produced studio with $40k LED walls and stuff. It would take all the charm out of it.
I understand Brandon would want his life back and the entire enterprise not taking place out of his house, but I'm just hoping they won't over produce their content going forward.
Same. Kinda Funny's set up is cool, but for EZA I'd much prefer a more cozy and homely set up. Their studio should have a fireplace or something like that. :P

Somnia

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I wish their youtube would grow faster so they could honestly have everyone on board full time, but that's so expensive :(

G-X

Oct 28, 2017
Good for them, liked them a lot back in the game trailers days but honestly haven't kept up much since the change over.

Still hate the name though, both them and Kinda Funny need better names for the talent there

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Really great news, even if the dollar amount isn't sustainable, patreon numbers are actually steadily increasing. Very happy for the allies.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Prefer the garage honestly

I know Jones really wants that studio, but personally I don't see what advantages it could bring to be honest (besides him reclaiming his home :P). I like the homey vibes of the garage myself, too. I guess they could recreate that space in a studio or something.

Oct 26, 2017
I know Jones really wants that studio, but personally I don't see what advantages it could bring to be honest (besides him reclaiming his home :P). I like the homey vibes of the garage myself, too. I guess they could recreate that space in a studio or something.

Changing setups everytime, moving the couch, setting the cameras, using folding tables. All of this is tiresome.

The most important thing they could do is to have two rooms, one for streaming (with a couch) and one for podcasts and shows (with a table).

Maybe they could do both at once, record shows while another ally streams. The production side of things will be better and less bothersome

Bloodworth

Oct 28, 2017
How much I gotta pledge to get spoiler mode and the top tens??
Exclusive shows are $1 per month. Early Access is $5 per month. Top 10s won't be either exclusive or early access.

For those wondering, the "official full timers" are me, Ben, and Damiani. That just means we're the ones expected to be working full time, but nearly everyone is generally putting in full time hours. Don is the main exception as he does work for EZA in addition to his full time job at Funhaus. Ian takes on editing work with Viacom and other places occasionally as well.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
Exclusive shows are $1 per month. Early Access is $5 per month. Top 10s won't be either exclusive or early access.

For those wondering, the "official full timers" are me, Ben, and Damiani. That just means we're the ones expected to be working full time, but nearly everyone is generally putting in full time hours. Don is the main exception as he does work for EZA in addition to his full time job at Funhaus. Ian takes on editing work with Viacom and other places occasionally as well.
awsome thank you. If I ever get extra money I will give you guys some but as a college student that's pretty rare. Thank you for everything you guys do tho as you give me world of entertainment and make this world just that much more jolly!!!!

LOVE AND RESPECT

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
This is great news! Easy Allies and Kinda Funny are the only gaming outlets I need. Informative, positive, exuberant, and funny
Hopefully more patrons can chip in so the $50k goal stays where it's at, I know I'll be chipping in!
LOVE AND RESPECT

Oct 27, 2017

Thought Jones was full time aswell. I mean, i didnt think he had anything on the side

Heid

Jan 7, 2018
Now they're past $51k

Bonkers. Hopefully it doesn't dip too hard when people actually get billed

Wiggy

Oct 26, 2017
Wow the allies are having a great few months, and Easy Living is just around the corner!

Deleted member 13155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is good news.

GT was a revelation to me, free video reviews. Around the 360 launch period I started to follow them, and watch their reviews. Sad to see them go but the comeback as Easy Allies was awesome. They have the most worthwhile reviews on the net, imho. I'm mostly on the same page.

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I find it mindblowing that an amazing channel like them only get 50k though a Twitch streamer like Ninja gets half a million a month.

That's just how the landscape is. Shround, a PUBG and Fortnite streamer, was pulling 60k viewers during E3 as a one-man show whereas the Allies pulled about 10k with a full crew on deck.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
That's just how the landscape is. Shround, a PUBG and Fortnite streamer, was pulling 60k viewers during E3 as a one-man show whereas the Allies pulled about 10k with a full crew on deck.
Didn't the Fortnite Pro-Am have more viewers than all the official press conference streams combined?

Oct 25, 2017
You are never gonna be able to tell Kyle what to do. He does what he does. Rarely does he ever pander. He does something, people love it, he moves on.
End of story.

I love final Bosman. I loved Wozniak. But expecting him to do something is never gonna end well. Just have to accept that. That's who Kyle is.