• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Oscillator

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Canada
You are never gonna be able to tell Kyle what to do. He does what he does. Rarely does he ever pander. He does something, people love it, he moves on.
End of story.

I love final Bosman. I loved Wozniak. But expecting him to do something is never gonna end well. Just have to accept that. That's who Kyle is.

This is accurate in general, but he'll have to do a Final Bosman-esque show at some point, as holding it back affects EZA as a whole.

(But please, we know the deal about Kyle and his work - could we switch gears already?)

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
I find it mindblowing that an amazing channel like them only get 50k though a Twitch streamer like Ninja gets half a million a month.
Video games are a young person's territory. Most don't survive in popularity after getting older, and nowadays when someone blows up they blpw up.

EZ Allies just seem like a relic. Ionno.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
It's amazing to see as a day one patron. They worked their asses off all this time delivering all this great content every single week and word of mouth finally got them there.

Can't wait to witness the next chapter of EZA. The good vibes never end.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Good for them. They're some of the only gaming personalities that I don't find insufferable.

Socrates

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Congrats to the team. I am mainly only a podcast listener, but I think that they are a great bunch of people. Anything that keeps what they are doing a sustainable career for them is a good thing.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
Congratulations to them theh are amazing! But if they do move i will miss the garage. Has that real home feeling to it that other shows do not capture.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I imagine that if they get a studio that allows animals, Jones would take Sophie with him when Amanda's not home to watch her.

arcticice

Oct 31, 2017
This is a huge news. Love these guys. I mostly ignore Twitch, but EZA is the only channel i always end up going to whenever i have free time.

Erevador

Oct 25, 2017
My thoughts: I think they should do fundraising stream ala the pre-E3 stream. It may seem weird to do that right after reaching this goal, but if they could raise similar to what they did pre-E3, that would give them the runway money to feel secure in funding the studio through any post-E3 patreon dips that might occur over the next few months.

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand why are they good. I mean they're not bad but after watching some reviews they are just another review site in YouTube to me? Why does people like them so much? To me they are like a million other game review sites on YouTube.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I don't understand why are they good. I mean they're not bad but after watching some reviews they are just another review site in YouTube to me? Why does people like them so much? To me they are like a million other game review sites on YouTube.
Imo their reviews are decent, but it's the other stuff that sets them apart.

Erevador

Oct 25, 2017
The chemistry between the guys is unrivaled. Their reviews are definitely not the main attraction, it's the rapport and passion in the podcasts. I think the EZA podcast and Frame Trap are their best content.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's a personality based business now and people like them as personalities.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017

For me, they are the most genuine group of gamers I've ever come across. They are never obnoxious, never gross. They are incredibly classy. I've never ever felt like they aren't passionate about what they're talking about. Further more as a collective bunch they have an incredibly similar mind set to my taste in games. I've never felt like any other gaming personalities related to me in such a way.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

What? But they aren't even a "review site" at all. They're gaming personalities who also review games. They're MUCH more loved for their many streams, podcasts, bets, E3 specials, etc. Their reviews are great too, but you're completely missing the point if you think that's their focus or why people love them so much.

Calverz

Oct 28, 2017
Congrats to them.

I stopped funding them for two reason a while ago:

1. I live in the UK so the streams were always middle of the night or early morning.

2. I just cant handle the poor sound they have when all together. Like they all need individual microphones. Id turn it up to hear someone talk at the back to then get ear raped when everything laughed at the front.

Hopefully they can sort out my 2nd issue now. Well done to them. Good bunch of lads.

Erevador

Oct 25, 2017
For me, they are the most genuine group of gamers I've ever come across. They are never obnoxious, never gross. They are incredibly classy. I've never ever felt like they aren't passionate about what they're talking about. Further more as a collective bunch they have an incredibly similar mind set to my taste in games. I've never felt like any other gaming personalities related to me in such a way.
I think the Allies are fairly unique also in how comfortable many of them seem on camera. They strike me as being the rare outlet with people who have high quality analysis and broadcast worthy on-camera talent. People like Adam Sessler and Victor Lucas had that, mostly since they came from old media, but I think it is largely absent in the new media gaming commentariet.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017

lol, ive been a patron since day one and I don't think ive watched a review of theirs this year. They are much more than reviews.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017

-Creative
-Passionate for what they do
-Genuine
-Creative as hell
-Great chemistry
-Not arrogant or obnoxious
-Good and never ill intended
-Professional
-All about creating a community of friends
-Cover all minds of taste
-Not afraid of dong their own unconventional thing
-Seriously just look at their Easy Update, Busted Trifecta, Concert, Box Peek, Dinorama to see how creative and off the wall they are

Oct 25, 2017

They are way more than their reviews, that's like 5% of why people like them.

I've been following them since a long time ago, and god damn they are just the best group of dudes talking about games, nothing even comes close.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I think the Allies are fairly unique also in how comfortable many of them seem on camera. They strike me as being the rare outlet with people who have high quality analysis and broadcast worthy on-camera talent. People like Adam Sessler and Victor Lucas had that, mostly since they came from old media, but I think it is largely absent in the new media gaming commentariet.
Definitely. Jones being the most "camera worthy" lol, with that love for play acting in his back ground and of course the voice. But each of 'em bring something unique. I know kyle is one of the biggest draws and is a total fan favorite with his comedic background. I could write a little blurb about each of em because they're all great.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats to them.

1. I live in the UK so the streams were always middle of the night or early morning.

2. I just cant handle the poor sound they have when all together. Like they all need individual microphones. Id turn it up to hear someone talk at the back to then get ear raped when everything laughed at the front.

Hopefully they can sort out my 2nd issue now. Well done to them. Good bunch of lads.

For two, I'm assuming you're upset just mean group streams? All the recorded content has them having a mic each.

Ahzrei

May 21, 2018

I can't speak for anyone but myself, so I'll just share my thoughts.

I only recently found Easy Allies during the lead-up to E3. I enjoy their content because they come off as very genuine to me. In contrast, I don't enjoy Giant Bomb anymore, because they've become a bit jaded and commercial in my opinion.

Huber's enthusiasm is contagious and infectious, I can't help but smile when he gets hyped about something, and it makes me want to take a closer look at those things that I might not normally give as much thought.

The E3 Betting special and results shows were highlights for me. They fed my E3 hype in a fun and interesting way, and helped me sort of understand what Easy Allies was all about.

It's community, love, and respect. And a genuine passion and enthusiasm for games that refuses to let the realities of business form a dark cloud over their favorite hobby.

I love Easy Allies because they make it easy for me to feel excited about video games, regardless of whatever else is going on in the world.

Evan

Oct 27, 2017
Congrats to them.

haven't noticed bad audio for a while. They have new audio equipment now since they raised all that money. should watch some of their recent stuff to judge it for yourself.

Parenegade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I find it mindblowing that an amazing channel like them only get 50k though a Twitch streamer like Ninja gets half a million a month.

That's like complaining about more people going to see The Fate of the Furious over Silence. Why even make the comparison? They're not even fulfilling the same category of entertainment.

Oct 27, 2017
Nottingham, UK
Wow, hadn't seen this. The cynic in me thinks they should be patient and make sure this amount sustains but if they have managed to keep their budget on point they may just go for it. Congrats to them