• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
It's been over 2 years since EZA launched and it's fair to say that at points it looked as though they would never get to their $50k goal, as their monthly total was stagnant for quite some time.

Now that they've finally eached this goal, they will presumably begin to look for a studio to move the company to.

As a GameTrailers fan and a Patreon of EZA since day 1, I'm so proud of the team and what they've accomplished. I hope the move to a studio both improves the look of the shows and eases work flow so they can produce better content and bring new fans on board. (I've never been against the garage they currently use, but I can see why new viewers wouldn't be drawn into their shows based on appearance).

So congratulations to all the Allies, I hope this is the start of a new beggining for the team!

L&R

Link to their Patreon for those interested: www.patreon.com/EasyAllies

Last edited:

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
For them to move into a studio they would probably need to keep that goal for a few months. I hope they get a studio, but I wouldn't celebrate already.

Also I'll probably miss Jones' garage

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they can get more patrons so that the 50K can actually carry through the month. Been wanting them to get a real studio for so long.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Awesome. Grats to them. One of the better outlets to follow out there. Generally always enjoy their discussions, deliberations and enthusiasm.

RexNovis

Oct 25, 2017
Wohoo! Congratulations to the crew! Here's hoping the pledges stay at that level post E3. I'm assuming there will be a bit of a drop off though.

Phoenix944

Oct 28, 2017
Very nice but I'm afraid it's mostly because of E3. I don't think it'll stay near that level next month :(

That said I'm thinking of upgrading my pledge to 10$

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What other jobs do they do? Or are they full time on EZA? They seem to put out a lot of content.

Risev

Oct 27, 2017
It's awesome, but I think it's worth mentioning that, and this is something they themselves addressed a number of times, they need to wait for the numbers to settle in outside of major events and end of the month periods, because numbers have a tendency to deflate significantly after these periods of time.

Drencrom

Oct 25, 2017
SWE
Never thought they would break 50k, congrats EZA!

The real question is if they will be able to hold it.

Apex88

Jan 15, 2018
While they'll need to maintain this level for a few months. You can't help feel a studio would massively help with productivity and scheduling the shooting of shows.

Oct 30, 2017
They are my favorite press media in the industry... I love each and every single one of them because they are simply awesome !

This happy news is music to my ears :-)

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Worth noting that they may not get a studio as the number shown on the Patreon is not always the money they receive with declined cards and the like and they might want some stability (this was mostly caused by a patron donating over $1,000 in a single hit), so they may not be getting a studio yet.

Either way, the momentum they've had in the last few months has been fantastic and they might not be that far away just yet.

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
it would be probably wiser from them to just stick to their current dimesnion for a while to see if the patreon money keeps coming before trying to expand.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Heroic achievement, and well deserved. I hope the number stays up, and even increases.

Still waiting for Huber to sort out some glasses though. Imagine that hype in true 4k.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
it would be probably wiser from them to just stick to their current dimesnion for a while to see if the patreon money keeps coming before trying to expand.

It has been noted that they may look to see if it holds a few months before getting a studio, but Brandon has also noted previously that there's enough wiggle room in the $50k that they may go earlier.

They're putting a video together soon to clarify.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I'd give em more if I could. These guys are the best in the biz. My fav group of gaming media/journalist/news.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Love these guys I just wish they were a little less biased, but I'm so happy to hear this! Keep up the good work guys.

Brotherhood93

Oct 28, 2017
Fully deserved. They are putting out some of the best stuff in the game industry and they're way better at the Patreon stuff than some other people on there.

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
This year was the first I watched E3 'with' people on the internet. i chose EA because their Mario Odyssey reveal at E3 has become one of my favourite videos. Watching the MS conference with them was a treat and the Ninty 'conference' made me laugh.
I really enjoy their candor and genuine child like enthusiasm. Also which game was it that the big lad (dunno names soz) got from a single note? that was very impressive.
I've been watching the twitch highlights but what else (non e3) do they do content-wise paywall or no?

Also can't find any E3 reactions from them pre 2016? What's the story?

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
I would miss the garage and feel they're already offering everything I want from them there. I hope they think long and hard about the studio idea considering rental costs in LA and if that's where the money is best spent.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Also can't find any E3 reactions from them pre 2016? What's the story?

They were formed in 2016. Prior to that, they worked for Gametrailers before it shut down and they did do live reactions to E3 2015 at Gametrailers

Before then, Gametrailers was owned by Viacom and as such, did the big Geoff Keighley hosted shows for Spike TV and showed the conferences live and full screen rather than talk over them.

Yuri P

Oct 28, 2017
As a day 1 patron myself, I never thought we would actually reach that goal, especially after we dropped under 40k earlier this year.
I hope we can hit 51-52k fairly soon. Patreon takes a huge hit when podcast sponsors leave.
In any case, I've never been as excited about this community as I am right now. Congrats everyone! L&R

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
They were formed in 2016. Prior to that, they worked for Gametrailers before it shut down and they did do live reactions to E3 2015 at Gametrailers

Before then, Gametrailers was owned by Viacom and as such, did the big Geoff Keighley hosted shows for Spike TV and showed the conferences live and full screen rather than talk over them.
Thank you.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Oh if we're taking hopes: I really hope Kyle is ready to do a final Bosman successor, maybe after Box Peek.

I love lots of EZA/GT stuff, but Final Bosman is top of the list by a fair margin.

Jacob Levelle is still out there getting all the glory.

flare

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What the heck even happened, they were sitting at a little over 48k last I checked. Super stoked for them though, hopefully it can hold at that level for a few months. It tends to drop hard at the start of every month as the charges are sent out.

Now it they do get a studio down the line, does the couch move with them?

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Their content is easily one of the best out there in gaming, they really deserve it.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Very cool. I started supporting them just last week after another great E3 week.

Awesome group.

dudu0609

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Their reaction video is the best reaction video I have seen on Youtube for recent E3. They have real passion for gaming [not just a gaming journalist] and they know a lot of games on different platforms.

I have watched some other reaction videos on Youtube. Oh my god, some guys in the video even didn't know what they are talking about and know nothing about games even the trailer started for a while.

RobotMoses

Jun 3, 2018
Congratulations, Allies! Jolly news - just hope they can hold it. Jones is probably keeping it cool and looking at it realistically, but I can't help but imagine him sitting in his chair clutching his heart with a great smile on his face.

Kjærleik og respekt.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah let's not get ahead of ourselves here, it was E3 after all, a lot of subs might not get renewed in the next few months.

Otoshigami

Oct 25, 2017
SPREAD THE WORD for more Patreon pledges. we gotta make sure it STAYS above 50K before the end of the month happens for the DIP. :)

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
Wow, that's amazing. I checked like, last night and it was nearly 49k. I guess this is because a bunch of patrons upped their donations rather than there was a sudden influx of new people within such a short time, which would bode well for maintaining the level.

Hopefully it only goes up from here.