• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
fe1teFj.png

Gamerunner: Fanto
Gamewatchers: CaptainNuevo, Natiko, Lokiduck
Players: 25
Complexity: Bastard
Day/Night Phase: 48/24

!player_list
[They/Them] Aeleus|A - UTC+1
[He/Him] AllThingsPurple|ATP - UTC+1
[Any] Reki - UTC-3
[He/Him] Stuart444|Stu - UTC+1
[He/Him] Zippedpinhead|Zipped - UTC-6
[He/Him] LaunchpadMcQ|Launchpad - UTC-6
[He/Him] Stantastic|Stan - UTC+12
[He/Him] A Wild Ambulance Appears|Ambulance - UTC-6
[He/Him] jman1954goat|Jman - UTC-7
[He/Him] Fat4all - UTC-5
[He/Him] Lone_Prodigy|LP - UTC-4
[He/Him] Faddy - UTC+1
[He/Him] TheChuggernaut|Chugg - UTC-6
[Any] weemadarthur - UTC-5
[He/Him] rac - UTC-5
[He/Him] Nin - UTC+1
[He/Him] Vincent Alexander|VA - UTC-5
[She/Her] Conditional-Pancakes - UTC-4
[She/Her] Hawthorn - UTC-4
[He/Him] Maolfunction - UTC-8
[He/Him] Kyanrute - UTC+3
[He/Him] MrHedin - UTC-4
[He/Him] turmoil7 - UTC-3
[He/Him] Blargonaut - UTC+8
[He/Him] Funky Dude Sparks|Funky Dude - UTC-5
!player_list

It was a day like any other day. The Easy Allies were just wrapping up a group stream, preparing to leave the studio and head home, when suddenly, their whole world was shattered.

"Oh my god! Guys, come quick!" Huber shouts from just outside the studio.

"I think I'm gunna throw up..." Ben turns away as the others finally get outside and see what's going on.

There lies a dead Easy Allies fan, apparently murdered from the looks of it.

Hello and welcome to Easy Allies Mafia! I am your moderator, Fanto, and joining us today is…

An Easy Allies Fan!

You are aligned with the Easy Allies (Town).

You also have $1500 Don Bucks! If you would like to spend your Don Bucks on an item from the store, send the command Purchase: <Item Name> via PM. The price of the item will be deducted from your total Don Bucks, and you will then receive the item, along with a description of what it does and how to use it.

The game thread is here: <Link to game thread>

You win the game when all threats to Town have been eliminated!

"What could have possibly happened here?" Bloodworth asks the rest of them.

"It looks like we have a mystery to solve..." said Bosman, cryptically.

---------------------------------

Mentorship program
For new and returning players who would like some assistance, we offer a mentorship program where a volunteer veteran player can assist you. If you are interested in having a Mentor for this game, please contact your Gamerunner. For more info, please check the main MafiERA OT.

We also have a collection of resources for players you can find HERE.

OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
What Is Mafia?
Mafia, also known as Werewolf, is a famous social deduction game that puts two teams against each other: Town and Mafia. Mafia players know who everyone in their team is, while Town players only know their own alignment. Cut into two 'Phases', Day and Night, the game entails Town trying to eliminate the Mafia via discussion and voting while the Mafia are trying to not get caught in order to match or outnumber the Town in order to win.

Interested in joining or learning more? Check out our MafiERA OT!

Fundamentals:
1. All site-wide rules apply here.
2. Do not use slurs or bigoted language.
3. Please do not put active players on an ignore list during a game.
4. Unless explicitly told otherwise, players may not discuss this game outside of this thread.
5. Unless explicitly told otherwise, players may not directly quote or post screenshots of any PMs, posts, conversations, or any other type of document that was not made in this thread.
6. Players are allowed to lie, within reason, about any game-related material such as the content of a role PM.
7. Please do not refer to, or discuss, player activity outside of this thread, for the sake of the game's integrity. This includes discussing circumstances around player replacement.
8. Please respect all of your fellow community members in terms of personhood and accessibility. In this community we require that you respect person's pronouns and be aware of accessibility when using non-default text (do not change text color unnecessarily and be mindful of small and large fonts' impact on readability). [Era has a public pronoun feature. It is not required to play in our games but we encourage its use.]
9. Failure to adhere to a player's personal pronoun will result in a private warning. On the second offense that player will be removed from the game.

Game Behavior:
10. While mafia can be an intense and stressful game, with play becoming heated at times, please try to keep discussion as respectful and congenial as possible. Take a break if you feel heated. If someone is breaking a rule you are encouraged to alert your gamerunner and game watchers. Reports about in-game action and behavior will be handled by them, and the gamerunner will issue final rulings in the event of disagreements.
11. Being overly hostile towards your fellow players is not allowed. If the gamerunner and game watchers find a player has been overly aggressive, action will be taken. First a private warning via PM will be given. Failure to stop the behavior will then result in another private warning and the offender will be given a priority penalty. If these behaviors still continue then that player will be removed from the game.
12. Treat players, gamerunners, and game watchers with respect. Players who are bothered by behavior they perceive as uncomfortable or as targeted aggression should make their positions clear in game as everyone has a different threshold. If a player feels someone has crossed a line they should contact the gamerunner and game watchers, listed in the first post, about the issue.
13. Players should not perform moderator actions in game, including using highlight text outside of voting, or issuing day-end/start commands, or calling for the modkill or replacement of another player. While we understand mafia can be an intense experience, and players may wish to discuss in-game moderation decisions with the gamerunner, once a gamerunner makes a decision, please respect it as final.

Activity:
14. Players are required to post a minimum of 10 posts per day phase. Failure to adhere to this will result in a private warning. On the second offense that player will be removed from the game.
15. If a player posts fewer than 5 posts in a day phase without alerting the gamerunner to their absence, they will be removed from the game without a warning.
16. If you are unable to continue playing for whatever reason, please contact your gamerunner.
17. If a replacement is added to the game, they may request the current/upcoming night phase to be extended up-to 48 hours to allow time to catch up.
18. Please do not theorize or discuss the reasons behind a player's replacement during a game.

Voting and Lynching:
19. In order to vote for another player to be lynched, you must present it on its own line and in the following format with no spaces: [ HIGHLIGHT ]VOTE: playername[ /HIGHLIGHT ]. Any other format will not be accepted.
20. To remove a vote from a player, you may simply vote for another player, or you may present it on its own line and in the following format with no spaces: [ HIGHLIGHT ]UNVOTE[ /HIGHLIGHT ].
21. Players may vote for a "No Lynch" to end the day phase without a lynch. This is done by using the formatting above and typing: [ HIGHLIGHT ]VOTE: No Lynch[ /HIGHLIGHT ].
22. When a player has received a strict majority of available votes (>50%), the day phase ends with the lynch of that player. Once a day phase has ended any in-game discussion stops and votes cast after that will not be counted.

Death and the Spectator Thread:
23. Once you are dead, you may no longer discuss the game in any manner with any of the remaining players.
24. Once dead, players may have a choice between the spectator thread and the replacement list. PM your gamerunner for more information.

Other:
25. Do not edit your posts or hide content in the formatting. Repeat offenders will be removed from the game.
26. If a player is banned or they are replaced due to inactivity they will have the lowest possible priority when signing up for a spot in their next game.
27. Gamerunners reserve the right to add, remove, or modify existing any rules at any point, and enforcement may be applied retrospectively. However, all players will be informed of changes beforehand.

Last edited:
Game Specific Rules
OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Game Specific Rules:
  • Don Bucks
    • Don Bucks are a form of currency in the game.
    • You may earn Don Bucks throughout the course of the game in various ways.
    • You may spend your Don Bucks in the Item Store, or to place bets with other players.
  • Item Store
    • An Item Store is available for you during the day to purchase items with your Don Bucks.
    • Random items will be available each day in various quantities and prices.
    • You will be notified if an item you attempt to purchase has gone out of stock.
  • Betting
    • You can place bets with your fellow players over game-related things and win/lose Don Bucks accordingly.
    • To initiate a bet with another player, enter the command "Bet <Player Name>: X, Y" in the game thread, where X is the amount of the bet, and Y is the thing on which you are betting.
    • For example: "Bet Melonrabbit: $1000, LP makes less than 10 posts today"
    • The other player may accept the bet with "Bet <Player Name> Accepted" as long as they have enough Don Bucks to do so, at which point the bet is locked in.
    • To cancel a bet, both players must enter the command "Bet <Player Name> Cancelled" in the game thread.
    • Each player may only have one active bet at a time. A bet must be completed, cancelled, or ended early due to death before placing or accepting another bet.
    • Bets may only concern game-related things and must take place in the game thread. Players can not "dare" each other into breaking the rules of the game or the forum, such bets will not be allowed to be made.
    • All bets are subject to gamerunner approval before being officially locked in.
  • Events
    • Each of the first 5 days has a scheduled event that will take place on that day.
      • Day 1: Easy Allies Podcast
      • Day 2: Mysterious Monsters
      • Day 3: Huber Syndrome
      • Day 4: Don's Discount Gaming
      • Day 5: Box Peek
    • Events will be explained at the start of the day on which they take place.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Active Player List:
[They/Them] Aeleus|A - UTC+1 [He/Him] Verelios - UTC-5
[He/Him] AllThingsPurple|ATP - UTC+1
[Any] Reki - UTC-3
[He/Him] Stuart444|Stu - UTC+1 [She/Her] Sawneeks - UTC-7
[He/Him] Zippedpinhead|Zipped - UTC-6

[He/Him] LaunchpadMcQ|Launchpad - UTC-6
[He/Him] Stantastic|Stan - UTC+12
[He/Him] A Wild Ambulance Appears|Ambulance - UTC-6 [She/Her] Dr. Monkey|Monkey - UTC-4
[He/Him] jman1954goat|Jman - UTC-7 [She/Her] empressdonna|Donna - UTC+1
[He/Him] Fat4all - UTC-5
[He/Him] Lone_Prodigy|LP - UTC-4
[He/Him] Faddy - UTC+1
[He/Him] TheChuggernaut|Chugg - UTC-6
[Any] weemadarthur - UTC-5

[He/Him] rac - UTC-5
[He/Him] Nin - UTC+1
[He/Him] Vincent Alexander|VA - UTC-5
[She/Her] Conditional-Pancakes - UTC-4 [He/Him] Malus - UTC+2
[She/Her] Hawthorn - UTC-4
[He/Him] Maolfunction - UTC-8
[He/Him] Kyanrute - UTC+3
[He/Him] MrHedin - UTC-4
[He/Him] turmoil7 - UTC-3
[He/Him] Blargonaut - UTC+8
[He/Him] Funky Dude Sparks|Funky Dude - UTC-5

Replacement List:
[He/Him] Fran - UTC-3

Day Start/End Links:
See threadmarks!

Vote Tool:
https://vote.fireblend.com/305927

Last edited:

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Fanto

what stops me from placing a bet

then dumping all my money on items so I have nothing to pay when I lose?

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i imagine your don bucks are deducted when you place the bet

OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Fanto

what stops me from placing a bet

then dumping all my money on items so I have nothing to pay when I lose?
The money you place on a bet will be deducted from your total Don Bucks when the bet is locked in, think of it like "putting your money down" on the bet, so you wouldn't be able to do that.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
my head is swimming with possible easy allies related items that might be for sale

OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, PMs will start going out momentarily! I'll work on getting them all done tonight, so hopefully if everyone is ready we can start in like ~16 hours or so!

OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, all Role PMs have officially been sent!

As long as everyone has confirmed by either responding to their PM or posting in here, we will try to start the game in t-minus:
296g2kywn4

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
HomelyEnragedAdmiralbutterfly-max-1mb.gif

I might have said this for the vast majority of games I've played... but this is the game where I'll be consistantly active

PM received.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
got my pm

quick question for Fanto, if you have a bet going with someone and they die or get lynched, do you get your don bucks refunded?

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
oh i thought this was an Easy A game, like based off that movie.

ehh well im here already guess ill stick around.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
can we make bets on who is going to get lunched or night killed ?

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
I was going to say it looks like this is my first bastard game but it looks like cults might classify as a bastard so technically it's not then. I am curious what the events are going to be about.

Hawthorn

Jul 16, 2020
I'm excited for this! For those who know Easy Allies, is there one relatively short video you would recommend as an introduction? Still not entirely sure what their thing is but I feel pretty sure it's video game reviews

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I present myself as offering to anyone willing to give a themed avatar

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
If my calculations are correct, and with Rac's appearance just now, I am just waiting to hear from Faddy for confirmation and then we can for sure start today in ~4 hours.