• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

issa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
I was listening to the EZA podcast this week, and while I enjoy their talk, it is always surprising to me how unaware they are of the gaming industry. I know they have some busy schedules, but gaming is their job. I would expect the EZA guys to be more knowledgeable of games, trends and such.
Yeah. I honestly I think it comes with being somewhere inbetween game journalists and influencers.

How do you expect people to know what you mean when you never explain what the hell you were talking about in first place?
I think their post is quite clear since it's not a singular instance that they're commenting on. And it makes sense to reply to hostility with hostility.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
I doubt a lot of their audience cares about mobile games and they do cover some pc stuff now and then. I think it's smart to concentrate more on console stuff as that's where most of their knowledge is and seems what's resonates with the viewers more.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I personally couldn't care less about mobile games, and barely care about PC aside from the big news or some great new indie game.

GT and EZA just aren't the outlet for mobile and PC gaming. They are primarily console focused and most of them barely play PC games.

Oct 25, 2017
T

They need to have a larger window of the allies and make the game smaller, you can barely see them in the small window and on a phone its bad. The fundraiser one had a good ratio, but i thin they could make the game even smaller or the ally view taller?

This should be the gold standard going forward.

QZZcOzc.jpg

For the streams, I think its the perfect ratio between game and camera.

Axass

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
New Clips is the best one yet. Also Blood said on stream that, Spoiler Mode aside, another spoilery God of War video is coming from him. Something about the soundtrack maybe?

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if they do this already, but for EZA clips and any other highlight vids they could put a message directing people to Easy Allies Plays, and maybe a link in the description to the full video.

That way you don't "clog up" the main channel but still make people aware of the full videos available.
This. There is a "button" link (or whatever those giant icons are called) to the channel at the end of Clips which might be enough, but maybe a little title card or even a VO from BJ about the channel might work better. I have to imagine most people are like me and completely ignore those buttons at the end of videos (unless they're blocking the content, which seems to happen a lot on some channels).

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Don't wanna speak too soon, but our time may finally have come!
Yeah, perfect way to send off the committee I guess. I am happy for you it got voted on now (I voted for Simpsons as well).

Yakuza 6 would be fine for me as well (as I love that series and the more exposure to those games, the better), but I am more comfortable with Simpsons as I just started Yakuza 6 on Sunday and I want as little spoilers as possible. The minigames by itself are probably fine for me, but I am afraid of seeing other tiny things that spoil story or other cool things you rather see for yourself the first time.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, perfect way to send off the committee I guess. I am happy for you it got voted on now (I voted for Simpsons as well).

Yakuza 6 would be fine for me as well (as I love that series and the more exposure to those games, the better), but I am more comfortable with Simpsons as I just started Yakuza 6 on Sunday and I want as little spoilers as possible. The minigames by itself are probably fine for me, but I am afraid of seeing other tiny things that spoil story or other cool things you rather see for yourself the first time.

Hoping they manage to get hold of the rocket car :D

ObbyDent

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I means what it means. Their complete lack of mobile and PC gaming is due to huge disinterest or pure lack of knowledge? They didn't even know who Tencent was. I have been listening the podcast since it first aired, and they are very good at talking about games, but within their Sony, MS and Nintendo bubble.

Bruh you didn't explain anything at all so I had no idea. Thank you for taking 5 seconds out of your day to explain your seemingly inflammatory post. Good day

Silencio

Oct 25, 2017
Finally caught up with the 9 hour marathon stream, I think that's my favourite stream they've done yet. So many amazing moments.

Kyle's music video is genius.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
I've tried several times to get into Funhaus because of Elyse, and I just can't. How they have a million plus subs is beyond me.
All the allies would have go do is drink way more on stream and make bad jokes they think are hilarious because they are drunk and they could have a million subs too!

No offense meant to funhaus, just my hotake.

ZeroNoir_

Oct 25, 2017
I've tried several times to get into Funhaus because of Elyse, and I just can't. How they have a million plus subs is beyond me.

888.jpg

Same. It's what the youngins in the Internet like tho. She made the right move to go there and do the same things she did in GT... but you know, bigger.

The fact that she beat all those personalities in that useless poll is mindblowing

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
I can't get into them either, but if you get that amount of subs you probably are doing something right.
They are also a Rooster Teeth brand, so they probably have a good amount of funding and a lot of other big channels to show their face on.

Even though they are not for me, I do wish them all the best. I also don't mind people liking them, they are just not my thing, and that's ok.
It does seem that they usually enjoy what they are doing and that's something that I do appreciate in a youtube channel (EZA has that feeling as well).

And yeah, I am flabbergasted that she won the whole thing, but she deserves it. Congrats Elyse.
I did vote on her the few times I saw the vote passing by, but I certainly missed it a couple of times as well.

issa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Yeah I think the whole Rooster Teeth brand is too fratty for my taste.

To chime in on the streams on the main channel. I think group stream do belong on the main channel, but there need to be a few changes to how they are before I think they can fit in on the main channel.

They need to have a larger window of the allies and make the game smaller, you can barely see them in the small window and on a phone its bad. The fundraiser one had a good ratio, but i thin they could make the game even smaller or the ally view taller?

And with the new equipment it will make the group streams look + sound so much better that it would be good enough production quality for the main channel.
Horizontal bar beneath the game for the couch, vertical shot of the back row to the side, and Damiani in the corner.

NexasX

Oct 29, 2017
Hey everyone,

Been a follower for awhile now since EZA first appeared on the scene and wanted to just say I enjoy seeing how far the Allies and community have matured and grown.

I seldom drop into the Twitch streams due to a combination of time-zone circumstances and general laziness on my part, so I appreciate that they're regularly posted on the EZA Plays Youtube channel. It's been mentioned before in this thread but I think greater visibility of the channel would help, since a big reason I don't frequent Twitch often is because it doesn't have good archiving tools.

Glad that the fundraising stream was such a stellar success and it's motivated me to start pitching into the Patreon. Very much looking forward to some stellar E3 coverage!

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Hey everyone,

Been a follower for awhile now since EZA first appeared on the scene and wanted to just say I enjoy seeing how far the Allies and community have matured and grown.

I seldom drop into the Twitch streams due to a combination of time-zone circumstances and general laziness on my part, so I appreciate that they're regularly posted on the EZA Plays Youtube channel. It's been mentioned before in this thread but I think greater visibility of the channel would help, since a big reason I don't frequent Twitch often is because it doesn't have good archiving tools.

Glad that the fundraising stream was such a stellar success and it's motivated me to start pitching into the Patreon. Very much looking forward to some stellar E3 coverage!
Welcome!

Oct 27, 2017
Hey everyone,

Welcome ! Enjoy those nice Cup Of Jones and soon exclusive 'And for that reason' and 'Spoiler Mode' s :)

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's funny that they hired Elyse to produce/write originally too. But when they've got Elyse, Don and Omar as "behind the scenes" people, of course they're going to end up in front of the camera.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Has anything been said about the upcoming Spoiler Mode on God of War with Cory? Any release date?
Having just finished the journey, I need a debrief with the Allies and Cory, and a healthy dose of Huber Hype on the side.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Has anything been said about the upcoming Spoiler Mode on God of War with Cory? Any release date?
Having just finished the journey, I need a debrief with the Allies and Cory, and a healthy dose of Huber Hype on the side.

This week.

Also, if you haven't gone home and slept after finishing the game, you should do that now

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
It's not on the schedule for this week as far as I can see (https://easyallies.com/). It just says "Also in the works".
That said, they can certainly add it sometime this week (although they usually are quite good with their schedule), so I would expect it next week as the earliest.

edit:
Ok, I take that back. They probably just don't know when exactly this week (I thought I heard it was slated for this week as well, but I wasn't sure because of the schedule on the website).

Last edited:

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
This week.

Also, if you haven't gone home and slept after finishing the game, you should do that now

It's not on the schedule for this week as far as I can see (https://easyallies.com/). It just says "Also in the works".
That said, they can certainly add it sometime this week (although they usually are quite good with their schedule), so I would expect it next week as the earliest.

edit:
Ok, I take that back. They probably just don't know when exactly this week (I thought I heard it was slated for this week as well, but I wasn't sure because of the schedule on the website).

Thanks guys, will keep my eyes peeled.

And Hasney, I did, good lord I'm so ready for
a sequel fighting Thor and Odin. This game set up the new universe/lore perfectly for a new trilogy and I can't wait

evlcookie

Oct 25, 2017
Watching the best of mandatory update that SomeGameNews did and boy did they swear a lot in the GT days. I have no issues with it, just thought it was interesting as I don't hear swearing at all in any of the eza content outside of the very rare instances.

Status
Not open for further replies.