• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Apex88

Jan 15, 2018
I do hope we get some Easy Update shopping trips and shows covering the set-up of new equipment etc.

The success of the fundraiser demonstrates how interested the community is in these sort of things. And it's always interesting when you see the Allies out and about.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I do hope we get some Easy Update shopping trips and shows covering the set-up of new equipment etc.

The success of the fundraiser demonstrates how interested the community is in these sort of things. And it's always interesting when you see the Allies out and about.

Yup! Honestly, BlackMagic should give them the VideoAssist for free as I bet if/when Ian shows that off, people who shoot video will want one. They're great bits of kit, especially for one man band operations.

issa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Remembered that I haven't watched the jolly cooperation part of the 9 hour stream. That was pretty amazing. It blows my mind how coordinated they were!

This weeks clip show was a lot better than the previous ones, I just need people to pad their clips a little bit so they'd work better in the clip show. Oh and the intro is better than most of their actual shows intros lol.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Rooster Teeth is something for pre-teens and teenagers, it's not supposed to be for us.
I honestly sometimes do watch The Know and Slowmo Guys which are also Rooster Teeth (and I am 34 years old). It seems that Screw Attack is also on there (although I haven't watched anything by them since the GT days).
I am not sure if it's fair to say it's for pre-teens and teenagers, but Funhaus certainly isn't for me personally.

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly sometimes do watch The Know and Slowmo Guys which are also Rooster Teeth (and I am 34 years old). It seems that Screw Attack is also on there (although I haven't watched anything by them since the GT days).
I am not sure if it's fair to say it's for pre-teens and teenagers, but Funhaus certainly isn't for me personally.

Just checked out screw attack.

Check them out. Literally the only video they put out is something regarding their death battle. 99% of their videos have the word "death" in them, lol.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I will say that when I was 13-14, I was into Inside Gaming at Machinima...but I haven't followed those guys over to Funhaus. Glad they're doing well though.

Oct 27, 2017
Did Kyle give any update on Box Peek recently? We're slowly approaching 1 year from wehn it got funded

Also I made this lol

FCVdST8.gif

PS: If you have an idea of a phrase i should put, let me know , i can easily adapt lol

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I used to looove ScrewAttack, but that was years before the became a part of Rooster Teeth, and before Death Battle. Their Clip of the Week was my favourite webshow for the longest time. Then they stopped making it. I guess because CotW were a lot of work that didn't really translate to a lot of views, but I don't remember if they ever specified the reason.

Oct 25, 2017
Did Kyle give any update on Box Peek recently? We're slowly approaching 1 year from wehn it got funded

Also I made this lol

FCVdST8.gif

PS: If you have an idea of a phrase i should put, let me know , i can easily adapt lol
He actually gave a small update during the start of one of the Harry Potter streams, about how long each episode is taking and what is his current goal, but I don't remember the details.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
"You go into a gym and Misty's like 'What's your strategy? I just like throwing Water Pokémon at everything' and I'm like 'Well that's a dumb strategy'...it's like going to a dentist and he's like 'I only do molars'"
Brandon Plays Pokémon is great.

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
He actually gave a small update during the start of one of the Harry Potter streams, about how long each episode is taking and what is his current goal, but I don't remember the details.

I think he's finishing episode 2 and aiming to get two more episodes done in May. He originally said that he wanted to have 6 episodes in the backlog before they started being released so that he won't feel rushed, but he said that's probably going to climb to 7-8.

ByteSizeRick

Oct 27, 2017
Agreed on God of War. The initial few hours bounced off of me pretty hard (I still think the game lacks certain narrative drive throughout the first half due to a desire to keep things "mysterious"), but as it has continued it has rocketed up my charts. There is just so much game there, and all of it is good. Really incredible work.

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Watching the best of mandatory update that SomeGameNews did and boy did they swear a lot in the GT days. I have no issues with it, just thought it was interesting as I don't hear swearing at all in any of the eza content outside of the very rare instances.
The inclusion of swearing was a mandatory updates thing. Kyle didn't do it in final Bosman and the podcast was about like what it is now. Huber's show is similar. GT live didn't have a ton either. Really Ian is the one that has changed more in this regard than most.

Now streams are about the same between GT and EZA. Brad, Huber and Ben will swear on streams

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
Been playing quite a bit of God of War and still nowhere near done. May have to wait quite a bit before I get the chance to watch that God of War spoiler cast.

Looking at the trophy completion list on PSN, it seems not many people have finished the game either. Maybe it'd be best to hold out on publishing it on youtube for a week or so? Hm.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Been playing quite a bit of God of War and still nowhere near done. May have to wait quite a bit before I get the chance to watch that God of War spoiler cast.

Looking at the trophy completion list on PSN, it seems not many people have finished the game either. Maybe it'd be best to hold out on publishing it on youtube for a week or so? Hm.

Nah, it'll still be there when they're done.

I'm ready.

Indominus

Jan 11, 2018
Man, Ian has changed a lot. I was watching the Until Dawn Pijama Party stream last night and he was a total jackass back then lol

Even in the first year of EZA he was calling others "asshole" and using hyperbolic language like "this game is garbage" etc.

I know he doesn't mean to offend anyone, just trying to be funny, but I prefer the new Ian for sure lol.

Last edited:

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017

Also I made this lol

FCVdST8.gif

I think he mentioned wanting to complete three more episodes in May. If he does the same for June, it'll probably premiere either at the end of June or sometime in July.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
The inclusion of swearing was a mandatory updates thing. Kyle didn't do it in final Bosman and the podcast was about like what it is now. Huber's show is similar. GT live didn't have a ton either. Really Ian is the one that has changed more in this regard than most.

Now streams are about the same between GT and EZA. Brad, Huber and Ben will swear on streams

I've recently rewatched the FF7 playthrough, the swearing on those streams is much higher than the solo streams now haha, kyle laughs louds at some of ben's and brad's outbursts too.
Speaking of that playthrough, i hope one day we get that dirge of cerberus playthrough with ben, brad and kyle. It'd be so funny.

Oct 26, 2017

I don't know if it was Huber or Ben but I remember one of them saying that they were trying to swear less. That was EZA era already.

Oct 25, 2017
Man, Ian has changed a lot. I has watching the Until Dawn Pijama Party stream last night and he was a total jackass back then lol

Even in the first year of EZA he was calling others "asshole" and using hyperbolic language like "this game is garbage" etc.

I know he doesn't mean to offend anyone, just trying to be funny, but I prefer the new Ian for sure lol.

I remember one of the Allies mentioning how Ian used to be a lot more cynical and "unhappy" on a day-to-day basis when they were at GameTrailers and how much they noticed his attitude change once they started EZA because they weren't so besieged by corporate interests and could do whatever they wanted.

That being said, ManUps would not have been what it was had Ian been the Ian of today; that nihilist energy paired well with Elyse's more optimistic energy and made for some truly great moments.

MarcoGorgar

Oct 27, 2017
Rio de Janeiro
I remember one of the Allies mentioning how Ian used to be a lot more cynical and "unhappy" on a day-to-day basis when they were at GameTrailers and how much they noticed his attitude change once they started EZA because they weren't so besieged by corporate interests and could do whatever they wanted.

That being said, ManUps would not have been what it was had Ian been the Ian of today; that nihilist energy paired well with Elyse's more optimistic energy and made for some truly great moments.

Its good to know about you said, but honestly i miss some Ian´s Dirty jokes...

demu

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Man, Ian has changed a lot. I was watching the Until Dawn Pijama Party stream last night and he was a total jackass back then lol

He still calls games garbage, though. lol

Wiggy

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder what are the allies waiting for, cory balrog's spoilercast with kinda funny is already up and im pretty sure he filmed that after EZAs

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Why? They also announced it
Yeah that's probably my bad for not following that. I was under the impression that Barlog coming to EZA to talk spoilers was something special (that he was only doing because he loves the allies). So to see a very similar group of people come up with the exact same video certainly brought me down to earth lol. And putting it out first too.

Prompto

Oct 25, 2017

Spoiler Mode for God of War with Cory Barlog is up!

Looking forward to watching this later in the week

Nov 8, 2017

Spoiler Mode for God of War with Cory Barlog is up!

Looking forward to watching this later in the week

I can't wait to watch this but I think I'm still a ways from being done with God of War. I'm taking a break from it now just because my hands started to cramp up and the last thing I want is to have to stop playing entirely for an extended period of time. It's such a mind-blowing game so far. It's simply astounding how much fun and satisfying the combat is and how beautiful the world is. If it continues it's going to be an easy contender for my GOAT.

issa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Man, I used to looove ScrewAttack, but that was years before the became a part of Rooster Teeth, and before Death Battle. Their Clip of the Week was my favourite webshow for the longest time. Then they stopped making it. I guess because CotW were a lot of work that didn't really translate to a lot of views, but I don't remember if they ever specified the reason.
I used to watch their top 10s on GT a lot.

I'm not sure if the current Screw Attack has anything left to do with the old one. Both Handsome Tom and Stuttering Craig left ScrewAttack a while back and the latter now has Game Attack. Brandon did a guest appearance in one of their videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.