• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
It's so damn awesome they got Cory to be on Spoiler talk!!!! I could've easily watched a few more hours of that haha

Great job Easy A! Jolly times all around.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Multiple ResetEra mentions in the GoW Spoiler Mode video near the end.

Is Spoiler Mode new? I love the format.

ShadyK54

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Multiple ResetEra mentions in the GoW Spoiler Mode video near the end.

Is Spoiler Mode new? I love the format.

It's been around for a bit, but there have only been a few.

They've recently made it a Patreon tier (a Spoiler Mode a month if they're above a certain amount), so this was a freebie to give everyone a taste of what to expect.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
How is Tabletop Escapades these day? I remember getting into the teens and dropping it when they got to the ship cause the story seemed like it spiraling so out of control from the DM and became way less interesting.

It's the single best show on YouTube and I have no idea what you mean. The chaos is the best part.

Oct 25, 2017
Since I don't own a PS4 and will probably not play GOW for the longest time, gave the Spoiler Mode a watch.

Barlog talking about Resident Evil.
Barlog talking about being a guest for DMC5 Spoiler Mode.

What a man.

Also, loved the format, with each ally giving one topic at time and Barlog interjecting/answering when necessary. He is also a cheeky bastard, so many teases lol

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
How is Tabletop Escapades these day? I remember getting into the teens and dropping it when they got to the ship cause the story seemed like it spiraling so out of control from the DM and became way less interesting.

Ben agrees that the ship and the island were pretty bad from a story perspective. It gets a lot better when they get past the island.

I've watched every episode up to S2E6. Overall, I think it's very enjoyable but it can get frustrating at times. It feels like the group never accomplishes anything, they just wander from place, to place, to place, killing and befriending as they go. As hard as Ben works on these grand stories and plotlines, I honestly don't find them terribly interesting. I'd much rather see them take on smaller, pre-written campaigns with a realistic goal. It's the characters that I stick around for. I'm very invested in that department.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Ben agrees that the ship and the island were pretty bad from a story perspective. It gets a lot better when they get past the island.

I've watched every episode up to S2E6. Overall, I think it's very enjoyable but it can get frustrating at times. It feels like the group never accomplishes anything, they just wander from place, to place, to place, killing and befriending as they go. As hard as Ben works on these grand stories and plotlines, I honestly don't find them terribly interesting. I'd much rather see them take on smaller, pre-written campaigns with a realistic goal. It's the characters that I stick around for. I'm very invested in that department.

Maybe I'll have to try and get through that section then.

I've been watching TFS At The Table instead and I found that to be a bit more enjoyable cause the players have agency to do stuff but never at the cost of the main storyline, at least in Season 1. Haven't gotten to Season 2 yet.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
The Hit & Run stream was adequately cosy, it was a pleasant send-off for the Group Stream Committee, nothing flash, probably closer to the sort of thing we'll be getting more often now.

Luchadorable

Jan 14, 2018
I've been without internet connection so not caught up on everything that's been going on. From what I heard, things seem to be really positive.

Is there meant to be a new episode of friend code this week?

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've been without internet connection so not caught up on everything that's been going on. From what I heard, things seem to be really positive.

No, they need to clear the amount at the end of the month for it to come back

Not that anyone outside of Patron would know that since there was no announcement or anything on YouTube.

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017

They just barely missed the $40k mark on Patreon for the beginning of April, so neither Friend Code or Reaction Shots were worked on for the month. But with the changes to the Patreon tiers and their successful fundraiser, the Patreon is currently over $44k and those shows should be back in May.

Nav

Oct 27, 2017
Cory swears a lot. Is EZA policy not to bleep? This is my third encounter with this (after Labo reaction and Fares moment).

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I really hate bleeping too. If you don't want people to hear it, don't say it. I'm fine with the occasional swearing from EZA, if anything it makes it more effective since you know they don't do it often.

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018
Bleeping would add additional editing time to an already bottlenecked work flow. Unless there is really a significant amount of feedback about cursing I think they are fine just being mindful and trying not to swear a lot. They're certainly better about it now than they have been in the past.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Yeah I really hate bleeping too. If you don't want people to hear it, don't say it. I'm fine with the occasional swearing from EZA, if anything it makes it more effective since you know they don't do it often.
Yeah I personally can't stand bleeping either. Not only the sound, but I really don't like the idea of censoring yourself (indeed, just don't say it if you don't want people to hear).
The word that is bleeped is also much more obvious if you bleep it imo as you usually know what they said anyway (or you fill it out with something that is potentially much worse than what was actually said) and it stands out more because of the sound.

To be fair, I do have a tendency to swear and we usually don't bleep a lot of things in Belgium, so maybe that's why I don't like it.

As an example, I said on my job interview (now 10 years ago) that I had a tendency to swear when they asked for negative points of myself and they laughed it away (literally). "Everybody does swear once in a while". So I guess most people here in Belgium don't care too much.

Edit:
I also don't think EZA swears a lot or that EZA's swearing is a big problem for people who don't like swearing (but maybe I miss some of them because I am more used to it, I don't know).

Last edited:

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
Channels Bleep because it helps stop their videos being demonetised. EZA don't rely on advertising for a serious revenue stream, so being demonetised doesn't matter to them. That's 99% the reason they don't bleep.

Oct 25, 2017
*sigh* It's gonna be nice when a new game announcing a battle royale mode isn't considered newsworthy enough to warrant extensive discussion on the podcast. Already feeling the fatigue. But I get it: they gotta appeal to those millenials somehow.

Indominus

Jan 11, 2018
Bleep is a bad idea. I don't care about occasional swears, just don't do it very often. It feels forced to me, as if they were trying to attract a younger audience. That's one of the reasons i don't like Kinda Funny very much, they feel more like a teen channel than EZA to me.

Last edited:

Nav

Oct 27, 2017
I was just wondering. It always catches me off guard since it's so rare lol. The monetization thing makes sense.

Not that I really mind but I prefer the EZA level to the RT/KF/Funhaus levels of profanity. Just makes it a bit easier to enjoy their content with or around family.

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
I love that every time I check the patreon page I see that patron number go up. It Just hit 6,430 which is 73 above their all time best. And it's gown 357 patrons since last Thursday

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
I think they should be securely over 44k now, which is good news. Can't wait to see the new and improved Trailer Jones.

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
This is the best thing to come out of this discussion.
I think they should be securely over 44k now, which is good news. Can't wait to see the new and improved Trailer Jones.
They usually have a ~$1.5k drop at the beginning of the month (declined pledges, people deciding to reduce their support, etc.), with that amount being higher if a sponsor drops out as well. So I personally wouldn't be confident until they're closer to the $45k mark. That said, once they have more exclusive content, and if their messaging/advertising is good, then hopefully the Patreon will grow even more as more people gain awareness of it.

Oct 26, 2017
Only halfway through the new Tabletop episode, but I love Birdcough. Please let him become MC.

Also I was screaming at them in my head to ask Malek(sp?) about his cache of goods if he had weapons, armor, or anything of use to them. They even had bargaining leverage as Malek wanted to act swiftly and was making his own demands. Please don't be stuck with the same gear all season....again.

Bloodworth

Oct 28, 2017
This is the best thing to come out of this discussion.

They usually have a ~$1.5k drop at the beginning of the month (declined pledges, people deciding to reduce their support, etc.), with that amount being higher if a sponsor drops out as well. So I personally wouldn't be confident until they're closer to the $45k mark. That said, once they have more exclusive content, and if their messaging/advertising is good, then hopefully the Patreon will grow even more as more people gain awareness of it.
Yeah as I mentioned last month, the difference between the amount pledged at the end of the month and the payout can vary quite a bit. It's not as extreme as the dip on the first suggests though, since most of those declines are corrected before the payout, and those that aren't are eventually addressed and added to the following month's payout. So unfortunately the public numbers don't make things 100% clear. Momentum is still pretty strong though. So I think hitting Trailer Jones is a very real possibility.

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
I used to think that but have been corrected by blood that what we see on the patreon page regarding the drop is overstated.

Last month from the patreon page it showed it went from 40,254 to 38,837 during the new month drop. But when it came to final payment processing they were less than $250 from $40,000. So the drop was $500 ish instead of $1,417. Sotheyre pretty close to holding that 44k right now if a similar drop happens this month.

Edit: Beaten by blood!

ShadyK54

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Only halfway through the new Tabletop episode, but I love Birdcough. Please let him become MC.

Also I was screaming at them in my head to ask Malek(sp?) about his cache of goods if he had weapons, armor, or anything of use to them. They even had bargaining leverage as Malek wanted to act swiftly and was making his own demands. Please don't be stuck with the same gear all season....again.

Ian at least made note & mention that he hasn't forgotten about the cache, so there's a hope they'll go back to it...when they get to it lol.

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah those are fair points. I did know that a lot of the declined pledges are corrected, but I was just being cautious because the nature of being on the bubble is that any number of factors could drop them below the threshold (esp. if sponsors drop out). But like Blood said, they have strong momentum right now so it'll probably be a moot point. Really looking forward to the updated Trailer Jones!

Regarding Tabletop, I haven't watched this week's episode yet but I just really want to know
when Pomper will get an arm and a leg again O_O

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I love how the podcast starts with Kyle reading corrections like "Someone running a 4.5 means they ran 40 meters in 4.5 seconds" and then seconds later he's like "I wonder what my time would be...40 yards huh..." and then he just keeps saying yards lol.

T.Rex In F-14

Oct 25, 2017
I love how the podcast starts with Kyle reading corrections like "Someone running a 4.5 means they ran 40 meters in 4.5 seconds" and then seconds later he's like "I wonder what my time would be...40 yards huh..." and then he just keeps saying yards lol.
Haven't listened to the podcast yet but yards is the correct distance when referencing a 40-time in football. So the first mention of meters is incorrect.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
New Patreon Initiative already doing wonders. Fiasconauts is out for Patrons right now. (And I was certain it wouldn't sneak up on me this month and was ready for that Friday release but here it is already lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.