• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Absent Breeze

Oct 25, 2017
Stretch goals are good but I'm not sure they need to stack any additional shows onto themselves... They have so many shows. I wonder if it would be better to rotate some shows into/out of production periodically
This is how I feel, I'd rather get an extra episode or 2 of the shows we have now than entirely new shows.

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
I hope Damiani appears on Frame Trap soon because it feels like it has been a while and I'd love a Dragon Ball update.
He's speeding through Super, if I'm interpreting his tweets correctly about what episode he's on he went from episode 43-70 in like one day, and got to the Tournament of Power a couple days later (yesterday)

ToP tweet

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I have the Knack 2 stream playing in the background while I'm doing stuff in Mario Tennis Aces and there have been so many great conversations in there so far (only 3 hours in). From the movie stuff to Hall of Hates and them taking about random games like inFamous (didn't even know Huber liked those games until now so that made me really happy). And now I just got to the part where Ben got a notification from Crunchyroll about an anime and the first episode got lewd within seconds lmao.

Really fun video!

DannyVice

Oct 25, 2017
I wish they made the Top 10 deliberations a patreon-exclusive show. Would without a doubt have increased my pledge for it.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
I have the Knack 2 stream playing in the background while I'm doing stuff in Mario Tennis Aces and there have been so many great conversations in there so far (only 3 hours in). From the movie stuff to Hall of Hates and them taking about random games like inFamous (didn't even know Huber liked those games until now so that made me really happy). And now I just got to the part where Ben got a notification from Crunchyroll about an anime and the first episode got lewd within seconds lmao.

Really fun video!

The beauty of full playthroughs with a group of them, we need moreeeeeee

Szeth

Oct 25, 2017
I wish they made the Top 10 deliberations a patreon-exclusive show. Would without a doubt have increased my pledge for it.
This was brought up on CoJ when the goal was hit. He said he didn't know if they would even deliberate in person so he couldn't really answer. It definitely looked like they did in the twitter pic though, shame he didn't remember. Would have been great to be able have an enticing patreon plug in the top 10 videos.

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK

I fully agree, they should put that in the 10 dollar pledge which currently isn't amazing value (because the content doesn't feel very frequent). If deliberations are done in person, there's no reason not to film it - and I would love to see it. Perhaps they don't know yet how they are doing deliberations going forward and don't want to commit which is understandable.

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
As a mod over on that discord I'd have to disagree. We've done a lot in the past 6 months or so to pretty much reboot the place. We have tons of new members and everyone is welcome to new people. Even Ben likes to stop by regularly to chat with us (sometimes for hours). We welcome anyone from the community that wants to join. However, if people simply don't want to give it a chance, I've found the EZA Era discord to be a pleasant place as well.

When I tried that discord I thought it was rather toxic, with a real animosity towards the community here, so I don't find it to be too surprising that we have more people that feel that way. But I have to admit it was longer go than 6 months so I am willing to believe things have changed for the better. I mean it's good to hear that you feel that way.

But I haven't used discord much as of late in general, so it doesn't matter much in my case. I'll keep in mind to give it another chance if that ever changes though! Same with our EZA Era discount, so far I haven't used that nearly enough. :(

DannyVice

Oct 25, 2017
I fully agree, they should put that in the 10 dollar pledge which currently isn't amazing value (because the content doesn't feel very frequent). If deliberations are done in person, there's no reason not to film it - and I would love to see it. Perhaps they don't know yet how they are doing deliberations going forward and don't want to commit which is understandable.

Yeah exactly, the thing is i love that they are doing Top 10's - but as an fan of "Easy Allies" the deliberations of them discussing their way onto a top 10 lists is alot more exciting. The top 10 list videos would probably generate alot of youtube views, but watching them discuss and debate it is alot more intriguing. It's almost like if you compare watching a list of the current Hall of Great inductees without the debate, it would take a bit away of the charm.

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah exactly, the thing is i love that they are doing Top 10's - but as an fan of "Easy Allies" the deliberations of them discussing their way onto a top 10 lists is alot more exciting. The top 10 list videos would probably generate alot of youtube views, but watching them discuss and debate it is alot more intriguing. It's almost like if you compare watching a list of the current Hall of Great inductees without the debate, it would take a bit away of the charm.
Would be a fun patreon exclusive bonus video

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
Would be a fun patreon exclusive bonus video

Join the campaign to move Reaction Shots back to the $5 tier and make the $7 tier a "Behind the Scenes" tier with access to Top 10 deliberations, VLOGs on the making of Box Peek, and VLOGs on how the studio is coming along. At least it would give people more incentive to up pledges beyond good will, and keep them at the higher tier.

Chris Kay

Oct 30, 2017
For example, like maybe only once in 2019, a video suddenly drops on YouTube, right on New Year's Eve with no previous announcement. It would be an "Easy Bosman" 15-min special about the most important news of the year and a look at what is to come.
Oh a show kind of like Charlie Brooker's Wipe from Bosman... Yes Please!
Make it a 60k goal and watch the patreon numbers climb!

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if EZA ever considered doing an extra life stream, i've seen a few other people on twitter now confirming they're doing their annual streams soon

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
I would think the "music on stream" thing only affects music outside of video games, right? Even then, Kyle was very particular about what songs were allowed during BvW.

Jords

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2018
New Zealand
So with the exciting $50K goal reached this is what I would like to see from the allies.
  • Overhaul of graphics. new logos and overlays for all shows. Frame Traps logo is in need of a major overhaul, new lowers for podcast etc, streamline them over all shows imo. whoever did the stream graphics should be paid to make them all. Take a page out of the major channels looks and go from there. Learn and adapt.
  • More community designed shirts
  • Take time with the design of the studio. I would love the look of the GT stage, would also like second area based on the couch so they can have cosy videos for previews and none podcast discussions.
  • I think introducing monthly shows that only air once a month (1. Busted, 2. Movie Podcast, 3. Top Tens, 4. EZAAnime?)
  • Fortnightly EZLive similar to GTLive
  • Full Play-through Fridays
  • Also I know its a minor thing that might not matter. Allies and the main account should do there best to get verified on Twitter.

Chris Kay

Oct 30, 2017
Problem is, Kyle will only be on episode 6 of Box Peek around New Year lol
Haha you're probably right.
But an edited recap of the year reaction/commentary done in a tongue in cheek manner is definitely something I would love to see from them! Come to think of it, maybe Ian would be a good fit for something like that together with another ally.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
As a mod over on that discord I'd have to disagree. We've done a lot in the past 6 months or so to pretty much reboot the place. We have tons of new members and everyone is welcome to new people. Even Ben likes to stop by regularly to chat with us (sometimes for hours). We welcome anyone from the community that wants to join. However, if people simply don't want to give it a chance, I've found the EZA Era discord to be a pleasant place as well.

Good to hear! Sorry was just making a judgment based on how the discord was a few months ago during some silly drama with some members holding power over others and generally being unfriendly, good to hear its improved.

RetroPS4

Oct 30, 2017
Have they said anything about doing bits if they get a new studio?
bits and lore coming back seems to be directly proportional to their ongoing income! I would guess that this trend will continue.

On a side but somewhat related note, Huber behind a desk seems oddly out of place and is giviing me the vibe of that April Fools TFB day when Huber played Kyle. It don't feel right!!! (And Huber looks a little too comfortable behind the desk, just give him a suit and tie..)

Vonbon

Jun 4, 2018
Good to hear! Sorry was just making a judgment based on how the discord was a few months ago during some silly drama with some members holding power over others and generally being unfriendly, good to hear its improved.
Yea we're trying our best to police it a little bit more now and certain individuals have left or have been banned. I think it's improved a lot imo, but I'm a tad biased lol. I mean there's still gonna be people in there who have dissenting/unpopular opinions or who want to engage in heated/passionate discussions about certain topics, but there's no tolerance for personal attacks now. The worst we get in there is usually some strong sarcasm or just members poking fun at each other since many of us have known each other for months or even up to a couple years now. I know that can be misinterpreted by newcomers sometimes, but we try to be welcoming to new names in the chat for sure. I apologize if you had a bad experience in the past, but if you ever stop by in the future I'm sure it will be a more positive experience.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
bits and lore coming back seems to be directly proportional to their ongoing income! I would guess that this trend will continue.

On a side but somewhat related note, Huber behind a desk seems oddly out of place and is giviing me the vibe of that April Fools TFB day when Huber played Kyle. It don't feel right!!! (And Huber looks a little too comfortable behind the desk, just give him a suit and tie..)

The quality is soooo good.

RetroPS4

Oct 30, 2017
The quality is soooo good.
I should clarify, yes it seems the bit quality is going up as well. Especially with the new equipment everything seems so much more professional to before, especially the podcast with Ian back on the switcher, those changes in camera angles (a seemingly small thing) really makes a big difference!

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
So many people want Final Bossman back -- and I do too, don't get me wrong -- but I'm also over here just wanting Mandatory Update back.

If they could wrangle a deal to get Elyse to jump in for that show I would be very, very excited for that idea. I love Ian's content, but I am happy with what we are getting from him now (the Salmon Globe videos are quite possibly my favorite thing on youtube). Without Elyse, it doesn't have the same appeal. Don't get me wrong, I would still be stoked for a solo Ian take on Mandatory Update, just significantly less than if Elyse was involved.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Huber can write his 5-page fanfic while watching Step Brothers or Talladega Knights or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.