• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 41638

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018
Can confirm the unofficial Discord has changed greatly since the toxic age. Worst we get is hot takes and friendly jabs. Everyone is more than welcome to stop by and check it out, we've got lots of fun emotes too!

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
I bought an xbox one earlier this month and I gotta say I really underestimated the value of gamepass. I was very bored earlier and nothing I was playing was really holding my attention so I decided to look back through the list of gamepass games again and ended up downloading: elder scrolls online, dead rising 3, the flame and the flood, mass effect, dark siders, resident evil remake (for huber), and devil may cry 4. All of those are games that I have never played or only played for a very small amount of time previously. It's crazy how much money that "purchase" would have cost me in a store.

Btw: darksiders, better than I thought it would be. A little too grimdark for my tastes but the combat seems great (minus one very boring boss fight.)

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Just popping back in to say that I'm so happy for them that they've exceeded 50k and that I'm proud to contribute to it. Just upped my pledge this week. These boys have come far.

That is all.

Mr M

May 19, 2018
I couldn't stand it, it was like a GameFAQs board, 12 year olds as far as the eyes could see.

You can dislike it all you want, but you don't gotta be so edgy about it.

It's improved a bunch over the past couple of months.
Ehie and Von are pretty good dudes, Thyvan from the kyle stream fanart sections is also a mod and so was I.
Like I legit left the place while as a mod because it was pretty crap, but the influx of new people and the aforementioned trio of mods have made it a good place to hang out.

They also banned the guy who got the most complaints so you know that helped ;)

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can confirm the unofficial Discord has changed greatly since the toxic age. Worst we get is hot takes and friendly jabs. Everyone is more than welcome to stop by and check it out, we've got lots of fun emotes too!
Huh. I always wondered about you and your stance about what went down in there since it didn't seem like you partook in the more inflammatory discussions and comments.

Now Sparks...that dude always had the knife to my neck whenever I tried point out something was wrong there.

Last edited:

Remember Me

Apr 3, 2018
Spain
I've finally watched the highlights videos of the EA's and Xbox conferences, those are really well done videos (though I found the Xbox one a little rushed, too much to cover in only half an hour, but still), congrats FarisR. Wanting more.

52k! At this rate we might make it this month.
This has to be because of And for that reason, right? I can't find another explanation to this bump.

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
I've finally watched the highlights videos of the EA's and Xbox conferences, those are really well done videos (though I found the Xbox one a little rushed, too much to cover in only half an hour, but still), congrats. Wanting more.

This has to be because of And for that reason, right? I can't find another explanation to this bump.
I think this is entirely thanks to deltadolphin

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

It's just been a ton of momentum ever since the fundraiser, making everything look better, then the new tiers and exclusive shows and finally making E3 fun.

I think this is entirely thanks to deltadolphin
Dramatic-Laughing-Gif-On-WWE-Wrestling.gif

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think so cause that has been available for a bit now. I really think it's people seeing them past 50K, realizing that the prospect of the studio is more realistic than ever and then joining or bumping their pledge to further increase the possibility of it happening.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Yall remember when we passed 50K and were freaking out. Well now were at 52K... wtf is happening! Seems so unreal.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Man why can't people trust the momentum lmao
Studio on the way, Believe it!
I trust the momentum, it's just that two months ago they were at 38K and people were very down and out about EZAs situation. Now they have blown past the studio goal and then some. They are growing faster than they can handle lol. They have to come up with new goals while still under the stress of delivering on there newly created ones (top 10s.) Any way you look at it the type of growth EZA has seen this year has been unreal.

Deleted member 41638

Banned
Apr 3, 2018
Huh. I always wondered about you and your stance about what went down in there since it didn't seem like you partook in the more inflammatory discussions and comments.

I think the words used to describe people that enjoy games with anime fanservice were way too strong and offensive but on the other side people got really defensive and used equally bad language to fight back. I wish things could've been debated in a civil manner but emotions flared and people lashed out, I don't agree with it but I understand why it happened. I think there were bad actors on both sides but I can say most of the people in the discord that were involved have expressed remorse and moved on. I also think the way we judge entire communities based on a few bad apples is unfair to the other members of those communities. We don't have to unconditionally love each other all the time but as long as we can respect each other I think we will continue to grow and become a stronger community.

Lexad

Nov 4, 2017
I trust the momentum, it's just that two months ago they were at 38K and people were very down and out about EZAs situation. Now they have blown past the studio goal and then some. They are growing faster than they can handle lol. They have to come up with new goals while still under the stress of delivering on there newly created ones (top 10s.) Any way you look at it the type of growth EZA has seen this year has been unreal.
Jeez were they only at 38k 2 months ago. Damn.

Pikagreg

Feb 5, 2018
Sorry I don't post here much but I have been on the unofficial Discord for a few years now and have always had a good time. People do disagree at times though it is a nice place to hang out.

RugoUniverse

May 15, 2018

The E3 fundraiser was probably the biggest turning point in their history, it's so cool to be following them at this point in time!

Deleted member 22649

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Thinking about new goals beyond 50K...

At 60K, Kyle Bosman becomes a full-time employee. When the Patreon dips below 60K, he is automatically fired. If it goes back up above that, he gets rehired.

Deleted member 22649

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hey, how do you guys think they should market Easy Livin' in the weeks leading up to the event in order to attract viewers (a la Better Stuff Before E3)?

Deleted member 42641

Banned
Apr 25, 2018
Oh man it will be interesting how they discuss this because good chance even among 4 of them they haven't seen 1/4 of the game.

Cant say I am looking forward to the allies discussing this game with its extremely messy and badly written analogies to civil rights movements and I do not think that will be brought up that the overall message the game is giving is wrong.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Cant say I am looking forward to the allies discussing this game with its extremely messy and badly written analogies to civil rights movements and I do not think that will be brought up that the overall message the game is giving is wrong.

I think they will do better than you think. Both huber and blood have already said that they think the Marcus storyline is the worst part of the game.

Edit: hiber did for sure. I'm having second thoughts about what blood said now.

Deleted member 42641

Banned
Apr 25, 2018
I think they will do better than you think. Both huber and blood have already said that they think the Marcus storyline is the worst part of the game.

Edit: hiber did for sure. I'm having second thoughts about what blood said now.

Will be interesting to see, I think them not going out of there way to critique would be due to the fact that these issues are not things that they might not be super versed in??? Certainly can not say for sure but its not going to make me think less of them.

Just when this game is all about story and the story itself is a mess, not handling any issue well its hard not to make it the center of discussion. At this point with how classy sony likes to handle themselves I'd be surprised if they let david cage make another game with them

Gazele

Oct 25, 2017
Jeez were they only at 38k 2 months ago. Damn.

Yep, felt so bad then, definitely felt like there could have been a plateau, which would still be a lot of money per month, but it's great to see easy allies continue to evolve and grow

I do think the E3 Drive was the turning point, that stream was just so jolly

eko

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Is there any hope to see again the Full Playthrough Friday? They could change the format a little and make it an episodic show, just like Gameinformer does with Super Replay

Deleted member 41638

Banned
Apr 3, 2018
Hey, how do you guys think they should market Easy Livin' in the weeks leading up to the event in order to attract viewers (a la Better Stuff Before E3)?

A special Clips trailer with moments from last year would work. That way they don't have to make anything themselves, leave it up to the community to choose the clips.

Status
Not open for further replies.