• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
lol I wish Kyle would start narrating these videos. Sorry Brandon, but your voice just isn't cutting it for channeling Kyle's annoyance.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
That definitely seems like a Kyle Top 10. That is to say, I think that the idea for it came from him. The #10 entry also sounds like it could've been written by him.

I was worriedly expecting Mr. Game & Watch appearing on that list because I remember hearing someone rant about how he doesn't deserve the spot. Don't remember if it was one of the Allies or some other guy on the internet.

I can get behind most of their picks, but Palutena being on that list was a bit of a surprise, but I get their reasoning.

Replace Palutena with Chrom on that list and it's much better
Honestly, he would've been a good pick just because of how forgettable his inclusion was. Well, I don't know about anyone else, but at least I forgot that he was in the game before I saw y'all bringing him up in this thread just now.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
Everyoneeeeeeee knows the abundance of FE characters is silly, they'd be a waste of a spot :p

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Hah, I found this in one of the threads over on gaming side. Appropriate since another Bibi and Tina game is coming out, apparently (see what LiquidSolid wrote earlier in the thread) xp.
lol yeah that picture's amazing. They're not new games though, they're just porting the same games to PS4.

Krvavi Abadas

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Videoland
The fact that Isabelle somehow did not manage to get a single spot on the list makes it immediately null and void.

Piranha Plant and Wii Fit Trainer are obvious joke characters that while interesting, i'm not surprised to see on there, so that part at least made sense.

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
Top Ten said:
EquatorialForthrightBuffalo-size_restricted.gif

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Nothing in the history of the business has made the Allies biases more apparant than the hard pass on including Cloud in a top 10 of characters that don't deserve to be in Smash.

Only 2 songs, from a game not on a Nintendo system... Come on, that's enough to do it for the clicks!

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Is it just me or the EZA top 10 are intentionally made to stir up controversy? I'm not saying it's bad it just something I noticed from what these list are and what's in them.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Seriously now, the characters in the list aren't really the crowd favorites you'd pick as targets if controversy was your goal. Few people are going to rally for Piranha Plant or Pichu and the waifu of the bunch isn't critisized as a character but for her lame implentation. The Top Ten just seems like someone realized the Allies had opinions about the Smash roster that could be summed up under an eye-catching headline.

It's fun guessing who wrote which entry tho. More so than with any other Top Ten so far. Kyle is easy, but I think I'd run the danger of attributing at least one of Blood's two choices to Damiani because I dunno who puts a bigger importance on Nintendo history when they judge Smash characters.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Is it just me or the EZA top 10 are intentionally made to stir up controversy? I'm not saying it's bad it just something I noticed from what these list are and what's in them.
I don't think so. It's possible that creating this specific list is done to get some views now that Smash released (which is smart imo), but I don't think you need to intentionally do anything at all. All top-x lists will have controversy as people are different and there will always be people that think differently about a list like that.

It's just a list, I never understood why people do so heavily debate them, but apparently they do. You don't need to do anything at all for that to happen, so I think we can be more-or-less sure that they just create their list with no ulterior motive.

Last edited:

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I do prefer positive top 10s like the Pokémon one than negative ones like this Smash one.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
This one I'd say so, it feels very unlike them and I don't really dig it. It's just not a side of this channel I care to see I guess.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
Eh, the top 10 is fine, nothing to get fussed about. Not that that will stop people, anyway. The thread on the main board is...interesting.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Polygon did the Smash related thing better with which character is which US state. I'm not even a US citizen and I still found it funny.

The problem is the top 10 is just not very funny.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Dont forget to watch the kinda funny games showcase in 15 minutes. Its sure to be a good time. I cant believe how far kinda funny has come.

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, if EZA hits 9k Patrons.....

It was just a few months ago we hit 8k Patrons and I thought that was a great milestone. A couple months later, and 9k is entirely within the realm of possibility.

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Dang. From Ian's tease on the group stream I was sure it was Huber's game show pilot tonight

Sorry if I got some people's hopes up

Status
Not open for further replies.