• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if Kyle could put on his "Brand Manager" disguise and lure Keighley into a podcast appearance next year once they're in the studio. Would love to get more behind the scenes details on TGA and Keighley's thoughts on some gaming news.

For sure, he appeared on the GT Live show they used to do so i'd imagine he'd be down to come on the EZA equivalent once they're in the studio. He was great on the new no clip documentary about half life too, dude's a well of knowledge.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
I feel they gave the Epic Game Store far too much benefit of the doubt, but I guess that's because they didn't look into the details of it too much. (or a lot of that only came out after this was recorded)

No cloud saves, no forums, no regional pricing, no automated refunds, bunch of moneyhatted exclusives where they're just paying for stuff to not be on other stores. etc, etc.

Kyle was basically on point with bringing up that the 88% / increased visiblity sounds nice, until you realize that it means they're only going to let a few hundred games that were going to sell anyway on their store in a year and everyone else can get stuffed.

Last edited:

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think they must not have known about all the paid exclusivity in the Epic Games store before recording because they would have pooped on it the same way they did the Discord store.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
I feel they gave the Epic Game Store far too much benefit of the doubt, but I guess that's because they didn't look into the details of it too much. (or a lot of that only came out after this was recorded)

Even going with what was known and discussed on the podcast, it was strange how Kyle gave credit to Epic on calling out Steam for gouging publishers but then no one questioned how Epic is only in position to do so thanks to all that money from gouging players on Fortnite skins and dances. Sure it's easy to say "We don't need an extra 10% here" when you're taking an extra 200% over there.

DinoPulse

May 25, 2018
Please, for the sake of gaming and all that is good, take a knee for gaming's greatest Hypeman and give a warm love and respect and a virtual hug to one of our own, Michael P. Huber.

I'm wishing him the best for his brother, and I hope his brother ends up alive and well.

A Sad Huber for many reasons, Is not Huber anymore and we cannot allow Huber's Brother to not end up alive.

So, to all of us people here on ResetEra, We Believe in you and hope that your brother will be okay!

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Somehow, I had absolutely zero indication but when Huber started mentioning going through tough things and proclaiming that he was worried, my mind instantly resorted to "is it cancer?" and I'm glad I finally know what seems to be going on. I hope his brother is gonna be okay, and it's very moving to see the unanimous support he received in his tweet.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Who are these "a lot of people" that Jones said don't agree with Red Dead's narrative award? Vocal minority for sure.
I think the Houser brothers and usual writing staff at Rockstar have a lot of bad habits in writing. I haven't finished RDR2 yet but it has a lot of the "isms" that make me roll my eyes about their writing.

I do consider GTA IV and RDR1 to be overall good stories but I totally believe it when people say there's a fairly large group of people that don't think anything Rockstar makes narratively is a 10/10.

Deleted member 28523

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017

No cloud saves, no forums, no regional pricing, no automated refunds, bunch of moneyhatted exclusives where they're just paying for stuff to not be on other stores. etc, etc.

Kyle was basically on point with bringing up that the 88% / increased visiblity sounds nice, until you realize that it means they're only going to let a few hundred games that were going to sell anyway on their store in a year and everyone else can get stuffed.

Yeah the talk on the Podcast/Frame trap was pretty wrongheaded and hope they clarify and talk about it more next week. There's so much wrong, bad, and just plain stupid about the Epic Store.

Hopefully Kyle just doesn't do a dismissive "eh PC gaming whatever" thing like he sometimes does.

anyways I hope Huber pulls through his recent . We need his jollyness.

Rezbit

Oct 26, 2017
YSbAn0p.gif

Huber!

ByteSizeRick

Oct 27, 2017
I promise not to do this for each one of these, but given the conversation above:

In short, I believe there is a lot to like about the Epic Store and the disruptive effect it is likely to have on the commercial relationships between developer/published and content network provider. That said, if Epic really wants to show well in this fight they or their developers are going to have to split some of that 18% with consumers. Depending on "goodwill" to spend $40 over here and not over there is not going to move the needle.

Wiggy

Oct 26, 2017
Kyle thinking publishers will pass on savings to the consumer is what stuck out most to me. Wish I could be as optimistic as that.

delalaser

Oct 25, 2017
Does allies share their gamertag? Wondering if Ben would share his game code, wanna play him in smash. He's always played on diff. systems than me when it comes to fighting games.

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

ShadyK54

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Yeah, it was just a quick C+P...that never got edited because Aucto hasn't swung around here in a minute lol.

Also, all the positive vibes & energy to Huber.

Nov 5, 2017
Smash Bros Tourney HYPE!!

Also sending my thoughts and prayers to the Huber family as well. Never great news to hear about cancer...

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Sucks that I'll have to miss the tournament to study for my last final tomorrow. I'll catch the archive and hope I don't get spoiled on the outcome!

demu

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Teaser live on stream, up on YouTube shortly after, Twitter post, Patreon post, first playtest exclusive for patrons. Now THIS is how you announce something! Maybe they do learn after all.

Really curious for the show. Will have to wait to watch the playtest, though.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This show is madness in the best way. I've been blown away by the ambition of it all. 55K is looking like a big ask though. They should probably consider looking into getting a major sponsor for it instead of relying on a Patreon bump.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
This game show man. THIS GAME SHOW. It's way better than I could have possibly imagined. I love how long it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.