• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Honestly I'm still confused. Not sure what the group stream is - why cant personal Top 10s be a part of the GOTY deliberations? They're giving up a final gaming group stream in the garage for that? Hmm. Also will the deliberations be uploaded on Youtube when they're live on Twitch? I can't watch them live so I hope so.
The deliberations won't be live on Twitch if I understand correctly. They won't be live at all.
What I got from it is that they will still record/upload the deliberations, but they won't stream them.

ShadyK54

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Honestly I'm still confused. Not sure what the group stream is - why cant personal Top 10s be a part of the GOTY deliberations? They're giving up a final gaming group stream in the garage for that? Hmm. Also will the deliberations be uploaded on Youtube when they're live on Twitch? I can't watch them live so I hope so.

The group stream will be them showing a video that breaks down their picks for their categories, then their GOTY. After that, they'll all step up & talk about their personal lists. If there's time left over they're throwing on Smash.

And yeah, it'll be uploaded.

Oct 25, 2017
The deliberations won't be live on Twitch if I understand correctly. They won't be live at all.
What I got from it is that they will still record/upload the deliberations, but they won't stream them.
They won't be live, but from what I gathered, they are going to show the pre-recorded deliberations video on Twitch before the group stream, which will then go into the edited GOTY video and then the live Personal Top 10s and then hopefully a game because come on, please play one more game in the garage as a group, I beg of you.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pet peeve of mine, but really hate when people eat on stream lol.

Or at the very least, eating in a noisy way.

RugoUniverse

May 15, 2018
hopefully a game because come on, please play one more game in the garage as a group, I beg of you.

It will be pretty sad if they dont.

The group stream will be them showing a video that breaks down their picks for their categories, then their GOTY. After that, they'll all step up & talk about their personal lists. If there's time left over they're throwing on Smash.

And yeah, it'll be uploaded.

Thanks. Hope the deliberations appear as audio if they have a few days to put it together.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
They definitely should prepare a GOODBYE GARAGE! group stream before they leave for the studio.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
CoJ seems to work now. Not sure since when, but I just checked it again and the full 2:22:22 is there.

Thanks for letting us know. I can finally catch the beginning now.

Am I the only person who finds the idea of the resident evil 2 one shot demo kinda dumb? Like the whole point of a demo is to casually check out a game and see if your interested in it. Putting an arbatrady timer on it seems counter intuitive.

Rezbit

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for letting us know. I can finally catch the beginning now.

Am I the only person who finds the idea of the resident evil 2 one shot demo kinda dumb? Like the whole point of a demo is to casually check out a game and see if your interested in it. Putting an arbatrady timer on it seems counter intuitive.

Yeah it's definitely weird, especially because it does seem like any other demo. It's a really short slice of the start of the game, I finished it in 20 minutes.

Omar310

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Jones with the "shouldn't have done that" in the latest podcast made me fucking tear up laughing. Awful/amazing delivery. I keep replaying it.

Am I an awful person?

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Jones with the "shouldn't have done that" in the latest podcast made me fucking tear up laughing. Awful/amazing delivery. I keep replaying it.

Am I an awful person?
Nah, I don't think so. Except if I am an awful person as well as I found it funny as well.

The topic for sure isn't something to laugh with. It's horrible. But I am of the opinion that you should be able to make a joke about almost anything (as long as you don't hurt people). That doesn't mean you don't feel empathy for the people involved. Sometimes a joke/laughing is a way for humans to deal with crap in their lives/in the world.

Omar310

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Nah, I don't think so. Except if I am an awful person as well as I found it funny as well.

The topic for sure isn't something to laugh with. It's horrible. But I am of the opinion that you should be able to make a joke about almost anything (as long as you don't hurt people). That doesn't mean you don't feel empathy for the people involved. Sometimes a joke/laughing is a way for humans to deal with crap in their lives/in the world.
Wasn't really a sincere question but the reassurance is appreciated regardless lol

I definitely agree that laughter is a common way people deal with things.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, so the deliberation video is going to be 7 hours long? Glad I have Tuesday off...time to settle in. lol
Not necessarily. They said they'll try to keep it raw as possible, but it's still going to be an edited video.

Edit: nevermind. Jones had originally eluded to it being perhaps more edited, but apparently it will be the full length of the deliberations. More than okay with me.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
The mic picks up all the gnashing and sloshing sounds. Yuck.
Okay, so you're more turned off by the audio factor of eating on video. I guess I can understand that. I've seen people who criticize them for eating on a group stream and stuff where you can't possibly hear the eating sounds, so I assumed you had the same train of thought.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
They've come a long way in the garage. They made it something to be proud of.

46710891611_9989cc4bab_b.jpg

46710891441_1cdc6d57c9_b.jpg

Looking forward to the next chapter of this group at the end of this month.

Karu

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
No offence, but...why? Like, why is eating nasty? People eat, even in public places, all the time. It's not a private thing like using the bathroom or something.
I can't concentrate properly when someone is eating near while I am not. I actually read an article recently that it can be an "serious" issue with some people. I am missing the english words here to properly describe it, but with those ppl the brain does react to eating sounds and such. I am quietly judging them in group situations, definitely. But I would never suggest for them to stop. I am not the center of the universe. :D

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Speaking of a final garage video, i think they should film something like the original ea announcement video and have it saying goodbye to the garage, all sombre but it goes to the studio and becomes all hype.

Ragnar

Oct 28, 2017
Gahhh. Wish I was watching from the beginning.
Nothing's stopping you from going back and watching the very first streams on YouTube! It might not scratch the same itch, but it has its own merits. I was there from the get go, but I still enjoy going back every now and then. I feel like I'm at a museum or an archaeological dig or what have you.

issa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Just watched Mysterious Monsters and I have to say I'm not a fan:
1- The theme is bad: For a GSN game show an RPG theme stands out, for a video game focused channel with its own RPG campaign it's very generic. They should've gone the opposite way and adopt the flashy and gaudy stereotypical game show aesthetics to hit the point home. If they wanted to copy a video game then do something more like Mario Party.
2- The theme isn't applied well: When I hear the name I expect a bigger focus on the monsters, something more horror/slasher film-esque. As for the monsters themselves they are mostly generic and don't stand out well, even if the art is well done. The hit point locations aren't well defined for something you have to name and point at. I would've opted for a skeletal animation to be able to have the specific limbs animate and dismember.
3- It's not Huber enough: It doesn't feel like Huber's show, it feels like he's hosting someone else's. Also someone told him to reserve his energy or shouting? Because as a game show host he should be allowed to be unleashed.
4- The rules are confusing: They need to be streamlined and explained in a way so that everyone gets them.

I'll still watch it because I'm still into the idea and Huber doing it. I had fun watching the playtest.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I gotta agree with Kyle and Ian on Celeste. I just beat the hotel level which I think is supposed to be the kind of thing that gets you hooked, but instead I liked it less than I did before.

Why are the levels so looooong

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
I gotta agree with Kyle and Ian on Celeste. I just beat the hotel level which I think is supposed to be the kind of thing that gets you hooked, but instead I liked it less than I did before.

I actually like how long the levels are. They let you get to really get a feel for the area, this is especallth true for the hotel. The game us very generous with its checkpoint system so it's not like you have to beat the levels in one shot.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I actually like how long the levels are. They let you get to really get a feel for the area, this is especallth true for the hotel. The game us very generous with its checkpoint system so it's not like you have to beat the levels in one shot.
The feel that I got from the level was that I wanted to just get it over with already, and I hated the owner. I guess maybe that's the point but I'm out.

If the same level was broken into smaller levels it would have a better sense of progression I think.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017

I am loving Celeste. I think it is a great game. However, I also think it is the type of game that is going to wear on some people. I totally get it not gelling with people.

I think the same is true for The Missing. Though I would argue that Celeste has better execution overall and feels like a much more polished game (The Missing nails the puzzle design and script, though).

As for the length... I certainly didn't beat that level in one sitting. No shame in putting the controller down for a bit, my friend. I switch between Celeste and Spiderman. After having to be nimble and think quickly it is nice to just swing around a city and chill.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am loving Celeste. I think it is a great game. However, I also think it is the type of game that is going to wear on some people. I totally get it not gelling with people.

I think the same is true for The Missing. Though I would argue that Celeste has better execution overall and feels like a much more polished game (The Missing nails the puzzle design and script, though).

As for the length... I certainly didn't beat that level in one sitting. No shame in putting the controller down for a bit, my friend. I would switch between Celeste and Spiderman. After having to be nimble and think quickly it was nice to just swing around a city and chill.
I did put it down between sittings... and then it just kept going.

The missing was the opposite for me. I totally would have beaten that whole game in one sitting if I didn't have to go to sleep. That game made you want to find out what happened to all the characters, while in Celeste they're all basically just nobodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.