• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just watched the award winners video. Good picks for the most part. Their 2018 game of the year is also my 2018 game of the year so I definitely agree there. :P :)

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
Question: Outside of Kyle playing it, have any of the allies ever talked about Psychonauts? With Psychonauts 2 on the horizon I'm really hoping that it's on the radar of the Allies but it seems like it could just as easily completely slip by and I don't know why.

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
Question: Outside of Kyle playing it, have any of the allies ever talked about Psychonauts? With Psychonauts 2 on the horizon I'm really hoping that it's on the radar of the Allies but it seems like it could just as easily completely slip by and I don't know why.

I think everyone liked the Psychonauts 2 trailer when they live streamed the game awards. It got a positive reaction from the allies IIRC. I'm sure Bosman will champion the game when it's closer to release too.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
That L&R about the person with the 70 year old mother and her thoughts on the games she played throughout the year is absolutely legendary. Shame they didn't get to what she thought about Prey, but it seemed to be her runner up favourite game played last year, so that's some good taste on her part.

BradGrenz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just finished watching the deliberations. The only category that felt off to me was strategy. More of the allies had played and enjoyed Valkyria 4, so it seemed strange to just defer to Ben's opinion on Into the Breach. Especially since both Kyle and Ian had bounced off Into the Breach pretty quickly.

Oct 28, 2017
Only seen the very first category of the deliberations so far. Best Multiplayer. Seems weird to me that they just completely cut Smash Bros because it's online mode is somewhat lacking. How is Fortnite's and Monster Hunter World's offline multiplayer?

And, as has already been said, the lack of onscreen graphics is a huge step back. Especially given the fact that this is pre-recorded and last year's was live.

Rezbit

Oct 26, 2017
Had a flick through of the deliberations and watched the summary video, which was very very slick.

Definitely agree with the comments that a bit of on-screen production would have jazzed it up a bit, especially seeing how much better the quality of the video is over the 2017 deliberations. They're probably super busy with all the studio stuff, but hopefully it's something they can go back to next year.

In my personal lists I might have chosen different winners, but most of the nominees were the same anyway. Great year for games.

Oct 27, 2017
They are both my favorite allies but Kyle and Ian not having a full personal Top 10 is kinda... why dude... ? come on don't try to look special by having a mini ass list..

Edit: i should chill lol

Last edited:

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
Huber during the best RPG debate with the "Dragon Quest XI COLON ADVENTURE" line. lmao
Hopefully they formally change the title of the game. Dragon Quest XI: ADVENTURE

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Only seen the very first category of the deliberations so far. Best Multiplayer. Seems weird to me that they just completely cut Smash Bros because it's online mode is somewhat lacking. How is Fortnite's and Monster Hunter World's offline multiplayer?

And, as has already been said, the lack of onscreen graphics is a huge step back. Especially given the fact that this is pre-recorded and last year's was live.

Totally agree with you about Smash seemingly disqualified. I personally play more couch multiplayer than online so Smash for me is the best multiplayer game of the year. Especially since it allows for up to 8 players. Best multiplayer parties ever.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
kyle has been surprisingly passive in the whole GOTY talks. i feel like he barely speaks and never really makes a case for any game or seems to care what games get nominations.

Urbannomad123

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rugby, England
They are both my favorite allies but Kyle and Ian not having a full personal Top 10 is kinda... why dude... ? come on don't try to look special by having a mini ass list..

Edit: i should chill lol

I think it depends what you think a top 10 should be. If it is games that you loved (as Kyle and Ian seem to hold) rather than just played and liked then getting a top 10 together could be hard. I play a lot of games but would only include games that are impactful for me on a top 10 list. I would struggle to get to 5.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
I miss bets! We saw the dramatic conclusion of two bets this week and it was glorious, Ben's titanfall costume was 100% worth the wait and hubers indie game designs were way more thought out then I ever could have expected!

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I miss bets! We saw the dramatic conclusion of two bets this week and it was glorious, Ben's titanfall costume was 100% worth the wait and hubers indie game designs were way more thought out then I ever could have expected!

That's the thing, they gotta trim the queue of stakes, then they can turn the tap of bets back on over friendly wagers. They'll be back on it!

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Thank god Celeste won best platformer, lol. I haven't played Astrobot and I'm sure it's great, but Celeste may be the second best platformer ever made so I can't imagine it not winning.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Travis Strikes Again review!

466331998009688075.png

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Looking at the review thread in totally unsure about this game. I think in going to spring for the physical version just so I can sell it if I hate it.

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
Rare for the Allies to be that far below the MetaCritic/OpenCritc aggregate for a game...with maybe the exception of Fallout 76. Must be a pretty polarizing experience, which honestly is not too surprising coming from Suda.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kyle didn't play a huge amount of games last year I don't believe. Dat Box Peek.

Oct 26, 2017
Kyle didn't play a huge amount of games last year I don't believe. Dat Box Peek.

Yep. The 3 games in his personal list may be the only ones he legit put much time into/finished since Box Peek and all his other commitments took up so much time. Also for a lot of the categories the room always seemed to lean one way pretty early on so for speed sake it was best to let the majority have theirs, except Best RPG which went the longest it felt.

chief uhu

Oct 29, 2017
So somehow I just watched all 9 hours of Goty talk, because the Allies are awesome and I did not regret a minute of it. Special Shoutout to Ian though, that is some great editing and music choice for the summary video.

Status
Not open for further replies.