• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I have been trying to get Twitch Prime to work for an hour so that I could give my subscription to the Allies... it just isn't working. I guess I will try again after work.

Anyway, I'm hyped for the Castlevania block. Maybe I will get the account setting working in time to subscribe during that... Who knows?

Last edited:

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
I have been trying to get Twitch Prime to work for an hour so that I could give my subscription to the Allies... it just isn't working. I guess I will try again after work.

Anyway, I'm hyped for the Castlevania block. Maybe I will get the account setting working in time to subscribe during that... Who knows?

I could not get it to work on mobile. Desktop was still a pain but I eventually figured it out.

Oct 27, 2017

Honestly keep the money for their Patreon changes.

demu

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Wait, they're most definitely announcing new Patreon goals during Easy Livin', right? I totally forgot that. That's hype.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Jeez, everytime Huber talks about FOMO and "zeitgeist" when hes playing games, i get bummed out. Saying he says he's thinking about all the people who have already played the game before him and solved the challenge he's currently facing when playing an "older" title is depressing. I get having that feeling when jumping into an online PVP game or an MMO, but that's not the general mindset one should have when participating in a hobby.
Wish he'd played FF6 with Jones when he did his streams, would have jollied up that blueness.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
The game show is super hype. That was the standout for me. The other two are great, but what I sorta expected for when they acquired the studio. Still, I am happy people have concrete goals to aim for.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brad and Huber should watch NJPW and NXT instead of WWE but it comes down to "are you a WRESTLING fan" or a "sports entertainment fan". I used to be a HUGE wrestling fan back in the day. Ordered every WWF/WCW/ECW PPV and recorded them on VHS and had a massive 100+ PPV tape collection. Stopped mid-2000's. Don't remember when exactly.

The last wrestling event I watched since then was NJPW this past January with Jericho/Omega. Watched the entire show which was 6 hours or so but damn, it was great wrestling. WWE is still too much of a circus. So much actual wrestling talent and it's just a fucking joke.

Point being is that if you want actual wrestling, NJPW and NXT are simply superior to WWE.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a fan of these new goals. Full Playthrough Fridays makes sense as it was a fan favorite, a Huber Game Show is the definition of hype, and a Guest Show hosted by Jones is just an amazing idea.

Grugga Pug

Nov 5, 2017
Can someone explain the Jones Guest Show? Currently unable to watch the stream. All sounds exciting though!

Xenoboy

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Game show is eh, Huber hasn't shown me that he can be a great host yet. It's a game show of all things too, which I feel Kyle does already good with all his insane rules and what not. But it's what Huber wants, so I'll wait and see how it turns out if they ever hit the goal

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain the Jones Guest Show? Currently unable to watch the stream. All sounds exciting though!
It would be similar to the show they used to do at GT called GT live. Back then Each week they'd have a guest, people would send in questions and Jones would interview them. With assistance of Either Elyse or Kyle.

RugoUniverse

May 15, 2018
Did they mention any new tiers? I currently don't really have a reason to go over $10.

It's basically another podcast but they'll be interviewing a special guest (industry people mostly)

Yeah I really would like a reason to give them 5-10 dollars a month more, but I'm not interested in the community showcase and the Q&A at $20 is a bit steep for that, imo.

demu

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I wasn't around at GT, but Full Playthrough Fridays were weekly back then, right? I can't really see them play bigger games, when they only play once a month.

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
Since there still isn't a post up on Patreon I have to go with what's been posted in the other thread.

The new goals make sense, I guess. I hope with the Full Playthrough Fridays they shift away from the solo streams at least.

Were there any details on the Huber Game Show? What's the format, who are the guests going to be? An outline or something more specific than "untitled Huber Game Show"?

And yet another "talking heads show" (as Jones likes to call them) as the currently highest goal is a bit ironic as that seemed to be the last type of show Jones wanted to add. Really not excited about that unless Jones is willing to be "tough but fair" with his questions. I can't think of anything interesting that came out of GT Live.

While I can't see how these goals change much in terms of their output or what the studio is going to change in general, putting the playthroughs a tad above 50k seems like a really good business decision that should help them secure the studio for the foreseeable future, since it's a fan favorite. Well done.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I still can't get over "hurt me daddy" good lord.

It was truly a brilliant moment. I hope Brandon took it in jest and understood that it was all in good fun. It was just a delightful gaffe.

And yet another "talking heads show" (as Jones likes to call them) as the currently highest goal is a bit ironic as that seemed to be the last type of show Jones wanted to add. Really not excited about that unless Jones is willing to be "tough but fair" with his questions. I can't think of anything interesting that came out of GT Live.

You can be tough with questions when you pull serious weight. Right now, they would probably have to pull in industry people that they have a fairly positive relationship with. They would probably want to make it a warm, inviting setting. This would likely be more of a "get inside the head of the people whose work you respect" type of deal, as opposed to the "dig deep and call a developers decisions into question" type of grilling. That being said, this is purely speculation. Maybe the show will be called The Hot Seat and it will be nothing but hard-hitting questions. *shrug*

*EDIT* I quoted the wrong person, so I fixed that.

Last edited:

Deimo5

Oct 25, 2017
It's Easy Allies, I doubt anyone is getting grilled.
For real though, did Damiani get back ok

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
The mods in Twitch chat confirmed Damiani did get home ok, but it is something they should discuss to keep him from doing this in the future.

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't around at GT, but Full Playthrough Fridays were weekly back then, right? I can't really see them play bigger games, when they only play once a month.
I'm not sure how fixed in that is. They said one full playthrough Friday game per month. But I could see them doing multiple sessions within a month occasionally for a longer game

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
They shouldn't be afraid to do a game in two Full Playthrough Friday sessions. Evil Within 2 would have been a much better playthrough in two chunks instead of one.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They shouldn't be afraid to do a game in two Full Playthrough Friday sessions. Evil Within 2 would have been a much better playthrough in two chunks instead of one.
Yeah, I would definitely be on board with that.

So the elephant in the room, how are they getting the word out about these? At this point I'm wondering if the poor promotion is an intentional bit. :P

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I mean more in terms of reaching new patrons. That will probably be necessary to maintain the higher goals.

I'm sure they will promote them on the podcast, but that is probably where it begins and ends. They really operate on a word of mouth system. I don't know if they really have many options beyond that, in all honesty. They have had steady, healthy growth with the current method, I'm sure they will continue to grow steadily over time.

I was hoping they would announce a Final Bosman-like show at like 55K. Oh well :(

Yeah, that was never in the cards and Jones made that pretty abundantly clear on Cup of Jones. I imagine the people who don't watch that show had more false hopes coming into this.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This weekend I started MGS1 and am about 2 hours in, loving it so far!

I also started Final Fantasy 6! I'm not quite hooked on the battle system or the world yet, but I'll keep going.

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
First time playing both? Both are personal favorites of mine that I think hold up well.

Replayed MGS1 In July and after Easy Livin I might jump into mgs2 again. I'm biding my time until Kiwami 2 drops

Status
Not open for further replies.