• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
This. I think Huber would love the jolliness too.

I'd also want Brandon plays Mass Effect!

This sounds magical. Throw in Brandon as well.

Yeah it'd be cool for others to drop in, i just said ben, brad and kyle cause they streamed ff7 together haha.

Brandon plays mass effect would be awesome, have others who've played it before sit in too, be cool to hear what banter comes out of that.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The thing that came out recently was that the Titanfall 2 release date was chosen by Respawn entirely. They wanted to go head to head with CoD.

Battlefield got an annoying delay when the date was already locked in, but yeah, Respawn thought they could go toe to toe with CoD.

Battlefield 1 was never delayed. It was announced as October 21st, 2016 on it's reveal trailer. Titanfall 2 was announced as October 28th during EA's E3 2016 conference.

Keith Stat

Oct 25, 2017
I'd also want Brandon plays Mass Effect!

Yep! That's my hope! Really i'd take any of them who are unexperienced playing it through with a vet who enjoyed the series.

Also, Brandon/Kyle/any other Yakuza newbie plays through a few of the games with one of the fanatics of that series.

Currently enjoying Giant Bomb slooowwllly make their way through Mass Effect (they also did Yakuza 0 somewhat recently as well) and i'd love a cozy EZA playthrough as well.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
First order of business when the FPF goal is met should be making it right by doing Super Mario RPG.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
I don't listen to the EZA podcast for breaking news, I listen to it for their take on the weeks news.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
First order of business when the FPF goal is met should be making it right by doing Super Mario RPG.

It's probably not going to happen from what Brandon has said about the goal. Monthly and shorter games so there's no commitment to do it over multiple months.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any reason why the audio version of Cup of Jones isn't up yet?

Nothing posted, Tweet him to give him a nudge. I'm guessing that re-building the garage, getting a proper PC setup for streams/editing in there, Trailer Jones slipping and the fact it was 3 hours and 40 minutes long have all contributed!

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
Nothing posted, Tweet him to give him a nudge. I'm guessing that re-building the garage, getting a proper PC setup for streams/editing in there, Trailer Jones slipping and the fact it was 3 hours and 40 minutes long have all contributed!
I don't want to get on his nerves. I was just curious if I missed something.

Otakukidd

The cutest v-tuber
Oct 25, 2017
Watching damiani do blue mage stuff has been making me want to resub to 14. Is there an eza free company and if so what server. Been thinking about changing servers when they allow free world transfers soon cause of the data center changes.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Watching damiani do blue mage stuff has been making me want to resub to 14. Is there an eza free company and if so what server. Been thinking about changing servers when they allow free world transfers soon cause of the data center changes.

Don't know if there's an EZA one now, but Damiani was on Ultros as part of the Era free company at one point.

MultiJhonny

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I am resubbing to FFXIV as well and will be switching from my world over to Ultros since Era is on that one too but I don't believe EZA has a FC anymore because I think that is part of the reason why he stopped his FFXIV series.

Gambit

Oct 27, 2017
Don't think it's confirmed yet but I'd be surprised if Damiani isn't up for a reaction stream.

Guesses for others? Bosman and Ian possibly?

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
It's probably not going to happen from what Brandon has said about the goal. Monthly and shorter games so there's no commitment to do it over multiple months.

I hope they just do it outside of the official "full playthrough fridays" goal, and just do a few hours every week or two. It'd be so annoying to not get those streams again just because the patreon goal is locked to "one short game every 4 weeks".

Gambit

Oct 27, 2017
It's 7 am in California at the moment. They probably are still sleeping and don't know the news yet.
I hope they can get a crew together for this for sure.

I assume so and there's no rush to announce it. Irrespective of that, based on the evidence in this thread, I do not think Blood actually ever sleeps. He's always up and working.

Oct 25, 2017
Usually skip the personal questions section of Cup of Jones because I kinda hate Jones' personal opinions on things (he may be the nicest guy in the business, but he's also super opinionated in the "ugh, this guy sure does have OPINIONS" kind of way), but I kept hearing about his "food" rant and had to listen and now I think I will continue to skip the personal questions section.

Sometimes, you just want to continue believing someone's a nice, handsome Disney prince and not learn about their weird opinions that just don't paint them in a good light.

But that's also my weird opinion: I think cooking is essential and that you'll never regret learning how to even make simple meals. His whole rant came across as privileged male and made me kind of uncomfortable. To each their own, I suppose.

Gambit

Oct 27, 2017
Double post, but saw this and figured it was relevant:

Knew we could rely on Damiani!

To be honest, I liked Jones' cooking rant. Everyone has their quirks. Also he is not very demanding of food either so it balances out with his anxiety about cooking. He appreciates it very much but just can't do it himself. (I feel like that when it comes to playing an instrument).

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Usually skip the personal questions section of Cup of Jones because I kinda hate Jones' personal opinions on things (he may be the nicest guy in the business, but he's also super opinionated in the "ugh, this guy sure does have OPINIONS" kind of way), but I kept hearing about his "food" rant and had to listen and now I think I will continue to skip the personal questions section.

Sometimes, you just want to continue believing someone's a nice, handsome Disney prince and not learn about their weird opinions that just don't paint them in a good light.

But that's also my weird opinion: I think cooking is essential and that you'll never regret learning how to even make simple meals. His whole rant came across as privileged male and made me kind of uncomfortable. To each their own, I suppose.
I don't agree with Jones on the food thing either, but different people have different opinions.
I don't mind it that much.

I suspect it's a difference in where we come from as well.
I am not 100% sure on this, but it seems to me like they eat out or get something delivered a lot more in the US compared to Belgium at least (or at least to the people I know). It's just a different mindset on eating I guess, nothing wrong with that (I am not the biggest cook either, by a long shot, I also prefer bread over any warm food).

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
got to say, not wild about the studio so far. the garage was cozy so all the shows using it was fine, but now all these shows with nothing but that ugly metal thing in the background make the whole thing feel sterile.

Oct 26, 2017
The studio is going to change over time, but we are already seeing the benefits of it with impromptu streams with multiple allies. The podcast stage I bet will get some items hung on the wall eventually, but are probably waiting for all of the remaining tweaks to lighting and sound proofing. I think Ian said those things won't come until the end of this month.

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
got to say, not wild about the studio so far. the garage was cozy so all the shows using it was fine, but now all these shows with nothing but that ugly metal thing in the background make the whole thing feel sterile.

Jones recently referred to it as a "blank canvas" - they have many ideas of how to spice up the podcast set, but wanted to get settled first before they implement anything. Also, their studio budget it pretty much tapped at this point, so they will need a few months of savings to fill back up.

Rezbit

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, going forward they can pretty much go anywhere they want with it set-wise. Heck Damiani even tweeted that he was thinking about having some cabinets on rollers to display some stuff during Friend Code.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Not sure what you expected it to be, but it's very similar to GT actually. It's a more professional vibe for sure and I get that you prefer the more cozy vibes (nothing wrong with that). I obviously had no idea how it would look, but it's the vibe I expected it to be. But I get that it can be annoying if that bar is irritating to you. I personally don't mind it (at least not the vertical one).

I honestly like the podcast stage a lot already and I am sure they are going to add some things at a later date. Just adding a screen or something in the background will liven it up a bit. I love what they did with the streaming stage as well. I probably even prefer it over the podcast stage (but only just).

I just love how versatile the studio is with 2 completely different stages for different types of content.

Last edited:

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, they're playing around with camera framing too and locking that in right now. Still very much of the opinion that all it needs is a couple of monitors and have it be a nice, awesome looking studio, not a "cozy" space that happens to film stuff.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
It's possibly a bit more zoomed in to get rid of the iron bar in the top left.
I personally don't mind it, but it can be somewhat close in some shots.

I do like the 3 person set up where they have the host on a separate side. I think it's a clever use of the desk.
The more zoomed in camera works well with that setup imo (as long as everybody is in frame).

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
They will, it's on the schedule.

Haha also kudos to whoever called the Apex Legends group stream - looks like it's officially on the docket. Has some potential for fun so long as they swap out and don't let Huber steal all the glory. Although, maybe not tonight, but how sick would it be if Ben brought his PS4 and they hooked it up in the green room for some co-op action. I know they have machinations on LAN parties in the future, but it could also work with something like this so long as the bandwidth didn't get crushed with two PS4s running at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.