• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
Listened to the last Frame Trap, it's something I've noticed before but it seemed emphasized here but Ben is really hard on himself over minor things. It's okay, don't beat yourself up over everything! You're doing a good job!

I wish I had a friend like Huber in my life. His contagious exuberance would have me up for playing something like Kane and Lynch or Army of Two on request.

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
Finished the Damiani and Huber stream of RE2 and it was really fun. Love when they get together to play a single player game through and through.

I prefer it when it's more about the story and commenting on what's happening (like the first stream with Kyle), than when they are trying to beat a high difficulty, but it was still very fun.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
personally i think friend code needs an overhaul. i'm a huge nintendo fan and basically only play nintendo games yet it's the one podcast i don't listen to. there isn't enough nintendo news to justify the current format and the analysis is not good. the panel usually feels like the person who had nothing better to do than come on the show and so they are rarely prepared and have anything of value to say. i'm sure most here will disagree but this is my assessment.

just to clarify i'm not against a damiani led nintendo show but i think there are better formats than the one they have now.

Prompto

Oct 25, 2017
Kingdom Hearts 3 Spoiler Mode, Podcast, and Nintendo Direct reactions all possibly happening today. Nice

Oct 25, 2017
personally i think friend code needs an overhaul. i'm a huge nintendo fan and basically only play nintendo games yet it's the one podcast i don't listen to. there isn't enough nintendo news to justify the current format and the analysis is not good. the panel usually feels like the person who had nothing better to do than come on the show and so they are rarely prepared and have anything of value to say. i'm sure most here will disagree but this is my assessment.

just to clarify i'm not against a damiani led nintendo show but i think there are better formats than the one they have now.
I am 100% with you. Their mobile game discussion was way too much speculation based on zero evidence and I stopped listening at the point; it was empty analysis that was more time-filler or fun lunchtime chatter than good listening. For me, a permanent co-host might help a ton, honestly. Right now it feels like Damiani is throwing this party that he was so excited to have, but his invited guests just aren't as into it. Don't get me wrong, the discussion sounds spirited, but it feels shallow overall. Honestly, the show needs a Kyle: someone who also loves Nintendo but can be a foil to Damiani's enthusiasm/criticism. So that's my suggestion: get Kyle on as a permanent co-host. The two biggest Nintendo fans at EZA. Or whoever (Brad seems like the third biggest after those two, right?). Then maybe a rotating third chair. I know it'll never happen, but I think just rotating through the Allies isn't working, especially since this is more of an enthusiast podcast and not a news/what're you playing one.

Xenoboy

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
I am 100% with you. Their mobile game discussion was way too much speculation based on zero evidence and I stopped listening at the point; it was empty analysis that was more time-filler or fun lunchtime chatter than good listening. For me, a permanent co-host might help a ton, honestly. Right now it feels like Damiani is throwing this party that he was so excited to have, but his invited guests just aren't as into it. Don't get me wrong, the discussion sounds spirited, but it feels shallow overall. Honestly, the show needs a Kyle: someone who also loves Nintendo but can be a foil to Damiani's enthusiasm/criticism. So that's my suggestion: get Kyle on as a permanent co-host. The two biggest Nintendo fans at EZA. Or whoever (Brad seems like the third biggest after those two, right?). Then maybe a rotating third chair. I know it'll never happen, but I think just rotating through the Allies isn't working, especially since this is more of an enthusiast podcast and not a news/what're you playing one.
Blood would be a good co-host :D
And I'd say he's a bigger fan than Kyle tbh

Oct 26, 2017
Damiani already said that the first Friend Code on the studio would be allies-only because of the occasion.

But I hope he (and I think he intends to) gets more guests now that they're at the studio. Good difference to the other podcasts and can get people more linked to Nintendo.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Damiani already said that the first Friend Code on the studio would be allies-only because of the occasion.

But I hope he (and I think he intends to) gets more guests now that they're at the studio. Good difference to the other podcasts and can get people more linked to Nintendo.

Very occasional guests are fine with me, but I watch EZA for the Allies and how they bounce off each other. Hopefully they're kept to like 1 every 2 months or something. I'd hate to lose a third person from EZA when there something more juicy to talk about.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

While guests will fix the enthusiasm situation it doesn't feel like a good solution to me. As the poster above said i watch easy allies for the guys at easy allies and i rarely care about a guest i never heard of.

I think friend code should be a little more flexible than it is now. If there's nothing big in a month damiani could prepare something that isn't a panel podcast.

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
I have no interest in multiplayer games so I don't watch 99% of the Allies' streams. The only streams I watch are gimmick streams like Hall of Greats or Predictions, because they're just so engrossing, or streams of single player games that I'm interested in.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Still can't help but feel spoiler mode would be better as a free show, that's a real audience draw they have right there...but I've still to start KH3, so it'll be a while before i'll be tuning in. Nearly finished RE2 though, looking forward to listening to Huber on that one.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Still can't help but feel spoiler mode would be better as a free show, that's a real audience draw they have right there...but I've still to start KH3, so it'll be a while before i'll be tuning in. Nearly finished RE2 though, looking forward to listening to Huber on that one.

Tge Patron numbers go up without fail after every promo video, whereas the subscriptions barely moved when they were free (bar Cory for GoW).

The only way the YouTube numbers go up enough to notice are when the algorithm picks something up, and spoiler modes are just enough outside the zeitgeist of people searching to cause much of a bump.

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
Still can't help but feel spoiler mode would be better as a free show, that's a real audience draw they have right there...

I agree but I also think that it's a good draw for Patrons at the $1 mark.

I've wondered if they would consider having the one guaranteed Spoiler Mode being the main paid for one and then anything extra being free.

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
Does anyone know if they are doing a review for Metro Exodus? Understand its a very busy time for the whole team with the new studio and amount of games being released recently, just couldn't see anywhere if they were planning to review (or a Don't Skip) it or not.

Bloodworth

Oct 28, 2017
I agree but I also think that it's a good draw for Patrons at the $1 mark.

I've wondered if they would consider having the one guaranteed Spoiler Mode being the main paid for one and then anything extra being free.
The thing about Spoiler Mode is that it's different from any other series in that each episode is basically standalone. Someone may not care about one game or might not have a chance to play a game by the time it comes out, but then they'll be all over the next episode. The show is pretty self-explanatory as well so it's not like people really need to see more to know what they're getting.

Gotta wonder how many of those people plan on absuing the system once they've finished with the video though?
I've never seen any evidence of people abusing the system. The numbers are consistently hitting new records.

Does anyone know if they are doing a review for Metro Exodus? Understand its a very busy time for the whole team with the new studio and amount of games being released recently, just couldn't see anywhere if they were planning to review (or a Don't Skip) it or not.
Something went wrong with the publisher's logistics and we ended up getting it later than even they expected. Ben's working on it.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Apex group stream is so good, especially for the banter.
It was fun, but they spent way too much time looting than being in action. The stream was more enjoyable when there were gunfights, especially seeing them work together in a competitive shooter. Ian was doing work! lol

The banter was good, but like Jones joked all the time was spent looking for loot that they lost in seconds with one gunfight. Better for viewers to see multiple matches of action than a few long, dragged out matches with so much downtime.

I hope they play more aggressively if they do another Apex or Fortnite stream.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they sort their schedule's out a bit better soon, these spoiler modes feel way too rushed imo

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And Jones even says he just doesn't like Fire Emblem so it's really just for Ian and Damiani RN.

I'm still with it if we get some Animal Crossing to make Jones happy, but NGL I'm pretty bummed there's no Ben Moore for the most weebish of all the Nintendo Directs.

Not sure if it was the only reason, but if you look up, Ben got Metro late and has been ploughing through it to try and get a review up in a timely fashion.
Ah you know that's probably a good reason.

Still bummed.

Lexad

Nov 4, 2017
That was such a fun spoiler mode and couldn't wait to hear their thoughts on the secret ending and epilogue. So jolly

Status
Not open for further replies.