• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I have 350mbit down and even though I never have issues that would be enough to make YouTube's buffer stutter, Giant Bomb and Twitch VOD's will occasionally stutter at peak times.

Nov 5, 2017
I haven't gone through the reports in detail from that wiki page, but I suspect that they also include WISP/mobile broadband. These services are often capped and higher latency, so not much use for something like streaming high bitrate gameplay in real time. I suspect fiber/copper based deployment rates with the required bandwidth/speed are much lower.

Yeah, but the dream of having fiber available to consumers is all but a pipe dream here in USA. Google was trying to do something about it until the major ISPs shut it down.

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018
Yeah, but the dream of having fiber available to consumers is all but a pipe dream here in USA. Google was trying to do something about it until the major ISPs shut it down.
Yeah, the ISP I work for is finally deploying a lot of fiber to residential areas, but only in areas where it's too costly to maintain the existing older plant facilities, high density areas, or new developments where we can install at a lower cost.

Nov 5, 2017
Yeah, the ISP I work for is finally deploying a lot of fiber to residential areas, but only in areas where it's too costly to maintain the existing older plant facilities, high density areas, or new developments where we can install at a lower cost.

I live in Silicon Valley. You would think that in all places of the world, the capital of the tech boom would be ground zero for the fastest internet in the country! But no, even here, the ISPs have a firm hold of internet speeds.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
Idea for a mini-series: Mockumentary in which the Allies design a new games console, and host a press conference revealing it. First episodes deal with watching them plan it out, final episode is the fake press conference.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Idea for a mini-series: Mockumentary in which the Allies design a new games console, and host a press conference revealing it. First episodes deal with watching them plan it out, final episode is the fake press conference.
For the Patron exclusive show?
Sounds like Rob McElhenny's new show for Apple haha

demu

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I hope we're getting live reactions for the PlayStation thing. Should be interesting, even though Zhuge lowered expectations.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I hope we're getting live reactions for the PlayStation thing. Should be interesting, even though Zhuge lowered expectations.

This is very much going to be an Inside XBox level event and while I wouldn't mind reactions just for the sake of getting more content, it's probably not something people should go out of their way to see.

Oct 25, 2017
This is very much going to be an Inside XBox level event and while I wouldn't mind reactions just for the sake of getting more content, it's probably not something people should go out of their way to see.
Blog post said to expect new game announcements and new gameplay footage, so it's not quite at the "glorified Game Pass commercial" level that Inside Xbox is. Sure, it could be as awful and awkward to watch, but I think it's in their best interest to react to at least this first one, since it's still an unknown quantity. Who knows? it could end up being a "must-react" kind of event in the future.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Blog post said to expect new game announcements and new gameplay footage, so it's not quite at the "glorified Game Pass commercial" level that Inside Xbox is. Sure, it could be as awful and awkward to watch, but I think it's in their best interest to react to at least this first one, since it's still an unknown quantity. Who knows? it could end up being a "must-react" kind of event in the future.

I'm just saying, the Inside XBox before last had 3 new game announcements and plenty of new footage. It sounds like it's from the social team too, so expect the pre-E3 Sony panel with the similar to Inside XBox fake sounding excitement about the tiniest thing.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Mysterious Monsters is a lot of fun and I'm very happy with the work that was put into it. Also it's format could work as a trivia video game which I would totally buy if they ever released it on Steam or something.

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
I'm just saying, the Inside XBox before last had 3 new game announcements and plenty of new footage. It sounds like it's from the social team too, so expect the pre-E3 Sony panel with the similar to Inside XBox fake sounding excitement about the tiniest thing.
Well, Sony's not going to E3, so they need somewhere to showcase upcoming PS4 games. It's not like they're going to show PS4 trailers at the PS5 reveal event, so they must be putting them here.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well, Sony's not going to E3, so they need somewhere to showcase upcoming PS4 games. It's not like they're going to show PS4 trailers at the PS5 reveal event, so they must be putting them here.

Oh yeah, potential new trailers for known games. I'm just saying, don't expect any AAA announcements here or even release dates for their current first party stuff. Will happily eat crow if I'm wrong though.

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
Oh yeah, potential new trailers for known games. I'm just saying, don't expect any AAA announcements here or even release dates for their current first party stuff. Will happily eat crow if I'm wrong though.
I'm totally fine with new trailers for games we already know about, we know so little about so many of the upcoming ones that the updates are appreciated. I think as long as EZA goes with that mindset into this event, their expectations will be in check. I think they should at least react to this one since it's the first.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017

I bet we get a dreams early access date. Other than that I'm not expecting much. Maybe a release window for a late summer game.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
I bet we get a dreams early access date. Other than that I'm not expecting much. Maybe a release window for a late summer game.
Yeah, I can see that for sure. My guess would be that Sony will do an other one of these closer to E3 with some bigger announcements.
I would honestly be OK with all of them doing a couple of Direct Style presentations during the year instead of a real conference at E3.

At first I though Nintendo was crazy, but they usually do a good job with their Directs (they are actually getting better at them) and it makes a lot of sense to have multiple updates during the year instead of 1 big update.

I love E3 and it's a shame there will be less press conferences at E3, but it just makes a lot of sense as far as cost goes and because their presentations can be more focussed this way. You have multiple spotlights during the year instead of one big spotlight, so it can be spread out over multiple games. People also get updated about the games during the year instead of forgetting about those smaller games that got announced 2 years ago.

Last edited:
May 1, 2018
Reaction streams get some of their highest view counts. I think the more they do them, even if it's just 2-3 allies, the more people will discover them. Especially through the YT archive.

Oct 25, 2017
I could also see a Concrete Genie trailer/gameplay/release date being a part of this. Haven't heard much from that game since E3 last year when they had a demo on their live stream. Not a big game, sure, but definitely fitting for a show like this.

Axass

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sweet 92 on Open Critic for Sekiro, mwahahahah, the Resetera's fantasy league will be mine!

flare

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweet 92 on Open Critic for Sekiro, mwahahahah, the Resetera's fantasy league will be mine!
Yep, Sekiro doing god's work:
z1hzOxQ.png

Unfortunately, I... uh... yea:
M5f6d65.png

And I got 10p from Trials.
So I'm sitting at 0 right now. Rip.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Hm? We already did this month's top 10 and I don't think trailer jones is behind.
Saw the Top 10 listed on the site calendar, I read the wrong date.
And I thought I heard Jones say that the last Trailer Jones say the last one was recorded for February, but didn't get released until March, I probably misunderstood.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Do they talk about anything beyond the first 2 hours in the Sekiro stream? I've been playing for about 4 curious if it's safe to check out

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
You guys have no chance. The worst that can happen is that Silksong doesn't release, but if it does it's a 90+. Shovel Knight is also another 90+ for sure.

Might as well give me the prize already.

Luigis mansion 3, steamworld quest, astral chain and hollowknight could all easily slip into next year. Plus I dont think yoshi is going to review that well. If all of those games release this year then yeah, it's probably going to be a bloodbath.

Axass

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Silksong is most likely 2020, but I just decided to risk it, because HK has become one of my favourite games ever. Astral Chain has an August release date and was announced very close to release, so I doubt it's going to be delayed. The SteamWorld devs have never delayed a game as far as I know and they release a new game every two years (also: https://nintendoeverything.com/steamworld-quest-release-date-to-be-announced-next-week/). Good-Feel's worst Nintendo game score has been a 78, which is still 8 points. Luigi's Mansion 3 is perfect for Halloween and Next Level have had 3 years of dev time.

omae.jpeg

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
The fantasy stuff sounds so fun. I'd go the safe route with the annual franchises (COD/Madden/Fifa/Assassins Creed/Pokemon), not going to risk picks on something like TLOU2.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
With all the anniversary stuff, Ian being away and now Jones being sick, feels like spoiler mode has fallen by the wayside a little. Ben mentioned a DMC5 one again during the Sekiro stream, so I'm guessing it'll be that next week

Status
Not open for further replies.