• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

weebro

Banned
Nov 7, 2018
Since the Allies decided to cancel Retrospectives (or was it Game Sleuth?) due to how resource intensive it was, maybe they should consider doing the same for their concerts?

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Since the Allies decided to cancel Retrospectives (or was it Game Sleuth?) due to how resource intensive it was, maybe they should consider doing the same for their concerts?
The concert doesn't have to be worked on off and all throughout the whole year. According to Jones, last year it was a breeze. They just told the venue what they wanted and the venue got it all sorted out. This year there was unforseen complications, which I'm sure will make them adjust accordingly for next year.

And they didn't cancel Retros. They took it off the goals list so that they don't have to be beholden to a schedule that they can't keep anymore.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
I learned about the hold and tap thing last night just before bed so I haven't gotten a chance to play around with it. Would have been nice for the game to teach me about it but whatevs.

I feel like I'm pretty far into the game at this point in in the area just past the
bull boss
I hope that I feel differently about the game soon. I'm just so tired of butting heads against strong enemies constantly. Bloodborne felt like it had a buildup in its areas. There were always tougher enemies around but I never had to spend 2+ hours just trying to beat one enemy in bloodborne. I know I can skip the samurai guys but I will just be screwing myself in the long run.

It honestly sounds to me like you're playing it wrong. Slow down and practice with the regular samurai dudes until you perfect the timing of the deflects. If you approach every boss/mini boss as an enemy that needs to be deflected, instead of like Bloodborne/Souls, you'll have a far more pleasant time.

I adore this game because I can feel myself getting better, whereas with Soulsborne I feel like you can blunder/cheese your way through pretty easily.

lovecatt

Nov 12, 2017
I feel like it's been months since the last time the allies played something on the Tuesday night stream that wasn't whatever the new release was that week.

RugoUniverse

May 15, 2018
Looking back at the archive and I don't think there's been a tournament since Smash at the start of December. Didn't realise it was that long.

Hall of Greats should be in April though. Hope they do a MK11 tournament...

lovecatt

Nov 12, 2017
I think their logic is that playing the new game of the week gets them exposed to more twitch viewers.

Might be wrong.

Which is fine cause i'm sure that's true for a lot of new titles

But like is Battlefield really going to bring in the numbers when it's new mode just launched & is currently sitting at #17 on twitch?

Heid

Jan 7, 2018
We're in dire need of another Don Tournament in a game with a creative mode. I've just skipped through the past who knows how many group streams, using time codes in comments or eza clips.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
We're in dire need of another Don Tournament in a game with a creative mode. I've just skipped through the past who knows how many group streams, using time codes in comments or eza clips.
While the group stream committee came up with some dumb choices and I don't think it's a good idea to always have the patrons select what to play, ever since they've only played the games they feel like playing, it's been boring more often than not. I hate seeing new release games so often.

Last edited:

Axass

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Much, much, much, much more boring. All new games, almost no gimmicks, pretty much stopped doing tournaments.

Let's not forget they played Metal Gear Survive willingly. It was one of their worst streams ever.

In comparison the latest Clips stream was a nice breath of fresh air.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I love the post-game section of the group streams, especially whenever they have a lot of gifts to open. Just such a jolly time. This week was a big'n.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017

It's not as if there's a dirth of choices, either. Minecraft, Portal 2, Trials Rising. Heck, Smash Ultimate will have a stage builder soon enough.

FWIW I think Hypnospace Outlaw would be a phenomenal group stream.

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Hey! I'm keen to finally grab some EZA merch. Does anyone know if there's still a place I can buy these designs?

oBS4WIi.gif

And Blood's one here:

8UQ8d7X.gif

I checked the spreadshirt page and didn't see them there. Did I miss out? Why would they be timed exclusives? ;-;

demu

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Hey! I'm keen to finally grab some EZA merch. Does anyone know if there's still a place I can buy these designs?

oBS4WIi.gif

And Blood's one here:

8UQ8d7X.gif

I checked the spreadshirt page and didn't see them there. Did I miss out? Why would they be timed exclusives? ;-;
AFAIK, Blood's shirt was an exclusive design for people who attended the one year anniversary. I don't think they ever sold the first one.

Oct 25, 2017

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
any spoiler modes on the horizon?
I'm hoping that they're not going to drop the Captain Marvel spoiler mode because "that window has passed" or something, like they did with the Spider-Man DLC. I feel like it's a bit silly because that's part of a backlog they're building and I'm not sure if newcomers to their Patreon really care if a spoiler mode was done a month after release or something.

MangoUltz

Mar 24, 2019
Podcast has been dropping earlier and earlier the last few weeks. Its great. Could listen on my way home from work today. They've been a lot more EU friendly lately I think.

weebro

Banned
Nov 7, 2018
I'm hoping that they're not going to drop the Captain Marvel spoiler mode because "that window has passed" or something, like they did with the Spider-Man DLC. I feel like it's a bit silly because that's part of a backlog they're building and I'm not sure if newcomers to their Patreon really care if a spoiler mode was done a month after release or something.

The window hasn't passed until Endgame releases. They could easily fill the back half of the spoiler mode with speculations of how Captain Marvel will fit into Endgame.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I'm fine with them skipping Captain Marvel spoiler mode if they think it's too late, instead they can put effort into making an Avengers: Endgame SM that's TWICE as long as the rest!

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
I liked Borderlands and was excited for Borderlands 2 until I saw all the discussion about the writing.

Speaking of which, the conversation on Borderlands 2 in this video will always be a defining moment in me clicking with GT literal weeks before it shut down.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I liked Borderlands and was excited for Borderlands 2 until I saw all the discussion about the writing.

Speaking of which, the conversation on Borderlands 2 in this video will always be a defining moment in me clicking with GT literal weeks before it shut down.

So many f-bombs. Feels weird now, lol.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Sekiro is so darn good. I've never felt more free in a game before. I don't feel like I'm on a predefined path at all. If you're struggling in one area, you can go to like four or five others at any given time and they don't necessarily feel more difficult or any easier. I feel like I'm always making progress, something that was missing in Souls and Bloodborne, which featured fewer open routes at each point in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.