• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Ugh. Gonna get real nit-picky here, so ignore me if you don't care: Both Frame Trap and now the podcast are overexposed. It's not SO overexposed to look unwatchable, but it's overexposed enough to look not-great. Brandon's forehead alone could light up a room, it's so bright. Not sure if it's because the lighting setup/positioning in the grid changed for Mysterious Monsters (or something else) or if it's just in-camera and they didn't adjust the f-stop.

EXAMPLES:
Screen%20Shot%202019-04-03%20at%2012.52.24%20PM.png

Looking at Ben and Brandon's forehead will give you an idea of what I mean. You should see some reflection of the light, but not so much as to start to lose detail in the face, and Brandon's forehead in the bottom right shot would for sure be peaking if they had scopes to look at. Not to mention the loss of contrast in the background, where you can't distinguish between the wall and the LED light on the wall, unlike in the shot above it where you can clearly see the color difference. And the shot just looks washed out. The colors don't pop. Not a great look.

(Also like to note that while I put "normal" on the top right, that shot is slightly underexposed as Kyle looks a bit too dark)

After making this, it seems the problem is mostly on the left side, which makes me think the lighting setup got altered and was never fixed. I have to think adjusting for Brandon's forehead in-camera would make Bosman too dark (as in the top right shot). But overall, yeah, the difference in lighting from the left to the right is very apparent.

I don't know why I'm bringing this up. Not like any of you non-Allies can fix it. But maybe highlighting it (ha! get it? sorry, bad joke) somewhere will get it seen by Blood or Ian and they can do something about it. I know you all have a lot to worry about, but my hope is that making your shows look great is as much a priority to you as is making your content great. To me, they go hand-in-hand.
I'm the same as you dude. I see this stuff immediately and it bothers me so much. The table has been crooked too since last week. You can see it in your examples as well.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm the same as you dude. I see this stuff immediately and it bothers me so much. The table has been crooked too since last week. You can see it in your examples as well.
Hahaha! Yeah, someone complained last week about the framing of the podcast and blamed the headroom, but I was thinking it was the desk/camera placement being off more than anything. *shrug*. I get that the studio needs to be changeable for things like Mysterious Monsters and other stuff, but I hope they put down spikes for the desk and camera placement (if they haven't already, but obviously aren't using them) to keep things more consistent in the future. And that desk placement could be why the lights are off. I didn't consider that until just now. It's all connected.

Oct 25, 2017
It seems to me that some of the issues can be fixed in their grading of the footage. Their skin tones and the overall color saturation seems to be a bit on the hot side, but that can also be from the quality of lights they use.
That could totally fix it, but I also think they should do as much as they can to get the captured image to look properly exposed and white-balanced before going into post. You really don't need a full-time camera person to even do this; just take ten minutes before the shoot and have one person sit in (in each chair) while another sets exposure and does a white balance. I have to think Ian's absence is what's affecting this, so I honestly don't want to stress it too much. This is the first time it's ever really been noticeable, so I'll chalk it up to that for the time being.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
I am not convinced it is a movable desk, but who knows.
It doesn't look movable to me and if it is it won't be easy, especially with all the wiring for the LEDs.

I think the camera placement moved (and my guess is because they need all the space they can get for Mysterious Monsters).

Oct 25, 2017
I am not convinced it is a movable desk, but who knows.
It doesn't look movable to me and if it is it won't be easy, especially with all the wiring for the LEDs.

I think the camera placement moved (and my guess is because they need all the space they can get for Mysterious Monsters).
No, it's moveable. If you look at the first episode Mysterious Monsters, you can see the black tape they put down on the ground to mark where the desk goes.

But yeah, your point still stands: the camera is probably in the wrong place, unless they decided to rearrange the desk and not put it back where they marked it.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium

kamen_tater

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think Ian is back next week either. I do remember Huber getting a (RE?) board game as a gift on a group stream. It would be a great replacement for a week, and they can test a board game set up.

Deleted member 42641

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 25, 2018
Do we have any idea as to why Ian is out ? Is he sick like Huber or dealing with personal stuff, that includes being out of state ?

The outro on the podcast... I was expecting the blood sneeze comment and wow that was amazing

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Do we have any idea as to why Ian is out ? Is he sick like Huber or dealing with personal stuff, that includes being out of state ?

The outro on the podcast... I was expecting the blood sneeze comment and wow that was amazing
They haven't given details, but he's out of town dealing with whatever it is, so it's not the EZ Virus.

Oct 25, 2017
Man alive, Kyle streamed on Sunday? Why is Twitch so studious about informing me about streams I probably won't watch, and yet for the ones I do want to see, it shuts up and doesn't say a thing??

Also, I wish they'd always tweet when they streamed. If Twitch is unreliable, my only recourse now is to accidentally stumble on it by mistaking the Twitch logo for ResetERA on my bookmark bar...

MangoUltz

Mar 24, 2019
Just finished this weeks Cup of Jones and that is an amazing T2 rant at the end. Very much agree with him too. Fun but flawed movie

Nov 5, 2017
So I was just curious when the Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Reveal will happen during Star Wars Celebration next week and upon visiting the official Star Wars Celebration, I discovered that the panel will happen on 4/13/19 from 11 am - 12 pm. Since the event is taking place in Chicago, IL, I am guessing this is 11 am Central Time. Does this mean the Allies will stream their reactions starting at 8:30 am Pacific Time (for pre-stream thoughts)?

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
So I was just curious when the Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Reveal will happen during Star Wars Celebration next week and upon visiting the official Star Wars Celebration, I discovered that the panel will happen on 4/13/19 from 11 am - 12 pm. Since the event is taking place in Chicago, IL, I am guessing this is 11 am Central Time. Does this mean the Allies will stream their reactions starting at 8:30 am Pacific Time (for pre-stream thoughts)?

Are the allies even streaming it? If it's just a panel of people talking i don't think it'd make for a good reaction stream.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
It's a bummer that the new Patreon show is Switch games only.
Another Nintendo exclusive stuff, yayy.
It wouldn't make a lot of sense on other systems though, as they do already have achievements/trophies (hell, even Steam and GOG have them, as does Uplay as far as I know). I understand that you can still make up other achievements/trophies on those systems, but it makes the most sense on Switch. It was also born out of something that happened on Friend Code.

I also don't see it at all as a Nintendo exclusive show. It's just a fun limited (exclusive) show (at least, that's how I read the patreon post).
I don't think you will need to own a Switch to enjoy it.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
PS4 and Xbox only players should be happy about the new show because it gives them a reason to partake in the joys of Switch port-begging, too. Have a great idea for a Halo achievement? Always wanted to torture the Allies with impossible tasks in Witcher 3? PUT 'EM ON THE SWITCH!

Wrynnax

Oct 29, 2017
Ow man, tabletop on hiatus, nooooooooo! But seriously, I hope Ian is doing fine, he always seems like he's doing way too much stuff, just because he loves the allies so much.
Don't know if he reads era, but I wish him good luck and hope everything is ok with him

LaydinJinn

Oct 31, 2017
Holy crap Kyle picked my submission for Glinny's Cauldron this week, and my inspiration was exactly what Damiani said!

Oct 25, 2017
The switch thing is fine honestly. It has no achievements, so the point of it is to make them up for the games.

I can't participate because I don't have a switch or games, so I don't even know what kind of achievement to make?

If it was open to other platforms, then I could actually participate.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
The switch thing is fine honestly. It has no achievements, so the point of it is to make them up for the games.

I can't participate because I don't have a switch or games, so I don't even know what kind of achievement to make?

It's a bit weird because 99% of the games on switch already have achievements, they just are not available on switch. Even Mario odyssey already has achievements (sort of.)

demu

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I made up my own achievement for a multiplat that already has achievements on other systems. I don't know if it's eligible, but it's worth a shot.

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017

Kyle said in the comments they named the show the way they did to leave room for the possibility to open it up to other systems down the road

MangoUltz

Mar 24, 2019
Damiani said on his Turok stream that the anime show has changed from One Punch Man to Mob Psycho 100.

Apparently there was a lot of people commenting that One Punch Man isn't a good choice because there have been creative changes on the show and it is not expected to be good.

Looks like it'll be Damiani, Ben and Huber on the panel. They had reached out to 3 guests but schedule conflicts were preventing commitments

Xenoboy

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Damiani said on his Turok stream that the anime show has changed from One Punch Man to Mob Psycho 100.

Apparently there was a lot of people commenting that One Punch Man isn't a good choice because there have been creative changes on the show and it is not expected to be good.

Looks like it'll be Damiani, Ben and Huber on the panel. They had reached out to 3 guests but schedule conflicts were preventing commitments
Weird... Mob Psycho S2 is already finished

MangoUltz

Mar 24, 2019
Weird... Mob Psycho S2 is already finished
In Japan only maybe? Or at least not on crunchyroll?

Damiani seemed to think they'd only have to make up a single episode, possibly doing the first episode of the new show as a double bill for the first two episodes of Mob Psycho

I'm a little disappointed as I'm personally much more interested in One Punch Man

RugoUniverse

May 15, 2018

Damiani seemed to think they'd only have to make up a single episode, possibly doing the first episode of the new show as a double bill for the first two episodes of Mob Psycho

I'm a little disappointed as I'm personally much more interested in One Punch Man

I'm also quite disappointed. I haven't watched Mob Psycho 100 at all and don't really have time to catch up. However I enjoyed One Punch Man S1 and would have the time to watch an episode a week as was previously said.

Xenoboy

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden

no it's already subbed on Crunchyroll. The whole season

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I hate opm, but I think this change is a mistake. Not because I think mob would make for a bad show, but because it really seems like Damiani and the gang have no real concrete idea of how to run this anime show.

A weekly anime show makes sense if you're just watching the new hotness as it releases weekly, or if you're doing a 10+ year old show that a good chunk of the audience hasn't seen. I'd guess most people interested in an eza podcast just finished watching mob s2 so what is the point?

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018

Yeah, I'm a little conflicted about this. One Punch Man did get handed off to a different studio (likely due to scheduling conflicts) and it does look a little off and definitely less impressive animation-wise, but there's so much more to a series than how it looks and who made it. Let's not forget that JoJo's Part 1/2 were basically motion comics at points, and David Production was not especially well regarded before they started adapting it.

I think the guys should have stuck with One Punch Man. Their impressions and critiques are just as valuable regardless of the quality of the thing they are discussing. They may actually be more valuable if there are things they can be critical about.

Mattersnotnow

Jan 15, 2018
As someone that prefers Mob rather than OPM (dropped it after 4 EPs) I'm way more excited to see the allies "recap" the season.

demu

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
So, they posted a video on Patreon explaining the new show in detail and in some random Damiani stream with 200 viewers at best, he casually announces that they're ditching the original idea. EZA doing EZA things. It's ridiculous.

Oct 25, 2017

Ughhhhhhhhh

I just watched opm s1 for this exact reason....

The fuck is psycho 100 or whatever?

I'm not watching another series again.

Peace to this.

They should put the anime one on hiatus and do game of thrones.

Status
Not open for further replies.