• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Urbannomad123

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rugby, England
Thought the idea of the show was that the community and the allies would watch through a show together as the episodes go out. If a show has already been released in its entirity then I am not sure how that works anymore.

I knew Damiani was going to stream Turok earlier from his Twitter but didn't know that he was also going to play Sekiro. May watch some of this later to maybe get some ideas to help me with my own troubled playthrough.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Damiani said on his Turok stream that the anime show has changed from One Punch Man to Mob Psycho 100.

Apparently there was a lot of people commenting that One Punch Man isn't a good choice because there have been creative changes on the show and it is not expected to be good.

Looks like it'll be Damiani, Ben and Huber on the panel. They had reached out to 3 guests but schedule conflicts were preventing commitments

This is definitely not a good decision considering MP100 has already finished. Going with OPM S2 was a smart decision.

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Yea while OPM season 2 looks real shaky, picking a show already done messes up the hook of the whole show.

When does My hero return? Maybe just wait for that

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I think letting Damiani know which show you'd prefer he do will help him better understand what the community would rather see out of the Anime Show. I doubt the decision is set in stone at this point, so there's still time for him to change his mind, since it seems there's quite a bit of dissent here.

For me, from a total outsider perspective, I think it'd be far more interesting to watch a "sketchy" show that's currently airing as a community rather than a show that's already a known quantity. I mean, imagine if the show ends up being terrific despite the current fan hesitation? Or imagine if it becomes a group hate-watch and the fun is in joking about all the things that are bad? I don't know, but picking a show that's already aired seems to be not too dissimilar to the EZAnime podcast, except slower.

Oct 25, 2017
I think letting Damiani know which show you'd prefer he do will help him better understand what the community would rather see out of the Anime Show. I doubt the decision is set in stone at this point, so there's still time for him to change his mind, since it seems there's quite a bit of dissent here.

For me, from a total outsider perspective, I think it'd be far more interesting to watch a "sketchy" show that's currently airing as a community rather than a show that's already a known quantity. I mean, imagine if the show ends up being terrific despite the current fan hesitation? Or imagine if it becomes a group hate-watch and the fun is in joking about all the things that are bad? I don't know, but picking a show that's already aired seems to be not too dissimilar to the EZAnime podcast, except slower.

Yeah, I was initially excited for the show because it was episode by episode, watching it with everyone, speculating what would happen next episode.

Watching something that is already completed?

Ehhhh..............

that would be the worst one imo

Ohhh why?

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
I think the anime show would be better if it was a new show as it airs rather than the second season of something.
Having it be another season of a show means there's a level of investment needed to watch the EZA show. This series sounds like something that I would enjoy, but I haven't watched OPM or Mob and don't have time to watch the first seasons, so I'll just be skipping the series until/if they get to a new show or something I have watched.

Chuck

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure what the new anime show is, but as I've said before, $1000 is on the table if they watch and discuss Yuri on Ice.

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
I would actually be more interested in the show if it was looking at less visible shows. This season for example, the most popular shows are obviously season 2 of One Punch Man and season 3 of Attack on Titan. But there's also other shows that IMO would be more interesting as a topic of a discussion like this. For action shows there's Kimetsu no Yaiba and Fairy Gone, that would be more in the style of the more popular shows. But there's also stuff that would be a bit more "out there", not the usual, that would be interesting to follow as well, such as Carole & Tuesday (tho Netflix picking this up would kill the weekly format), Fruits Basket, Hitoribocchi no Marumaru Seikatsu, MIX and Sarazanmai.

Mind you, Mob Psycho 100 is a fantastic show and much better than OPM, but I agree that a airing show would be better, and one of these shows I mention would be even more interesting.

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
It's times like these when they should produce a video that goes to both Patreon and YouTube saying "We Need Your Help!" - they pitch the show, and offer three options of anime, briefly explaining the pros and cons of each choice. "Tell us in the comments which would you prefer!" Then after a week, they read all the comments and come to a consensus internally on how to proceed. Then they release a quick update video a week after explaining their pick, and to stay tuned for a future season where they pick a different show.

Ben Moore

Nov 30, 2017
This seems to have understandably caused a lot of confusion, but although Mob was something we were considering, we are doing One Punch Man season 2 as we originally intended in the same way that we originally intended it.

Keith Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Hah, I love EZA, but it's funny they are debuting a weekly watch along show in the same month that perhaps the most anticipated season ever of a tv show is coming out and that is not the subject. Instead of a layup they go for the halfcourt three pointer with a show they've already had internal consternation about (to be clear, I'm not even up to date on Game of Thrones, so I apologize if that came off as sour grapes as I'd likely not watch the GOT version of this as well).

Hope this show goes well for them as I think it's a great idea and I like that it gets them in the studio more often.

Oct 25, 2017
Hah, I love EZA, but it's funny they are debuting a weekly watch along show in the same month that perhaps the most anticipated season ever of a tv show is coming out and that is not the subject. Instead of a layup they go for the halfcourt three pointer with a show they've already had internal consternation about (to be clear, I'm not even up to date on Game of Thrones, so I apologize if that came off as sour grapes as I'd likely not watch the GOT version of this as well).

Hope this show goes well for them as I think it's a great idea and I like that it gets them in the studio more often.
Agree completely, but then there's also this, which sometimes seems to be the unofficial EZA theme song*:
Mama Cass - Make Your Own Kind of Music (YouTube)

EDIT: *I say that with love. I like that they march to their own beat.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017

I agree.

I watched One Punch Man for the first time a few days ago.

Like, the animation is great for sure, and the fights are awesome.

But I'm still not sure what is there to discuss for each episode????

Seems like the standard "monster of the week" kind of show. No real plot moving forward. Each episode seems generally stand alone? Like, you can jump to any episode, and you wouldn't lose much? Like, Imagine they did this for season 1. "On this episode, Saitama punched a guy real good. Fin."

I feel like GOT or Attack on Titan would be much more exciting personally.

Oct 25, 2017
"On this episode, <Character> betrayed <Character> and <Character> died."

Yeah? And?

I honestly don't think I'm wrong. OPM, from the 12 episodes I saw, doesn't feel like there is some grand story to it. Just a monster comes in from somewhere, some side characters come to try and fight it, Saitama comes and hits it once and the episode is over.

I honestly don't know what there is to discuss in some of those episodes.

edit: Its a great show. But doesn't leave me hankering to find out what happens on the next episode and I'm not sure that is really conducive to making a great show where you discuss the episode every week.

Dunno, we'll see I guess.

MangoUltz

Mar 24, 2019
Happy to hear its back to OPM! Time to rewatch season 1

But first time to watch this weeks podcast, I normally just listen on my commute during the week but I need to see Damiani's face when Kyle cuts him off for Podcast Halftime

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
I think OPM is cool even if the show is worse than s1. That's also not bad for discussion.
I will say that I expect Kimetsu no Yaiba being a pretty hot anime this season just because of the studio and the manga is decent(not amazing). But I feel like that show can have its vibes amplified a lot by good music and animation.

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018
Yeah? And?

I honestly don't think I'm wrong. OPM, from the 12 episodes I saw, doesn't feel like there is some grand story to it. Just a monster comes in from somewhere, some side characters come to try and fight it, Saitama comes and hits it once and the episode is over.

I honestly don't know what there is to discuss in some of those episodes.

edit: Its a great show. But doesn't leave me hankering to find out what happens on the next episode and I'm not sure that is really conducive to making a great show where you discuss the episode every week.

Dunno, we'll see I guess.
It's definitely more of an exploration of Saitama in an episodic format rather than a grand narrative. I think the interesting things to discuss are more related to what we learn about the characters in each episode instead of the overarching plot.

Like, for me, one of the coolest things about the first season was how the animation of the Boros fight reused some choreography from Saitama's dream in episode one to convey how Boros was achieving something that Saitama will never experience. There's ample room for discussion depending on how deep they are willing to look and how observant they are (and also depending on how effective the adaptation is...).

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, calling the anime show "It's OK to Like Anime" is a stroke of meme-alicious genius.

Plus, they've already got the merch for it.

Brilliant.

Szeth

Oct 25, 2017
Count me in among those who thinks it's weird they're not doing a show like this for GoT S8 instead, especially since the ones doing it are all huge fans. I think they really just wanted to have a show named "It's OK to Like Anime" lol

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Count me in among those who thinks it's weird they're not doing a show like this for GoT S8 instead, especially since the ones doing it are all huge fans. I think they really just wanted to have a show named "It's OK to Like Anime" lol

If you aren't currently caught up, getting caught up would be quite the task with GoT. One Punch Man, on the other hand, is very brief. You could be caught up in a night.

Bloodworth

Oct 28, 2017
Are we getting 2 spoiler modes this month? Cause we had non in March unless I missed something.
We had four in February, but correct, none in March. For April, we're hoping to do DMC5, Sekiro, and Avengers. (Days Gone comes out too late to hope for a Spoiler Mode before May if there are even enough people who want to do one.)

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
wow, weird that Kyle brought up TRNDSTTR on the q&a lol.

That's been one of my more played songs for the past few years. It has a really nice drop.

Les Twins danced to it was when I first heard it.

Didn't know he would like that song too.

He didn't remember the song or artist so this was it.

Last edited:

Scuttlefluff

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kinda sad at hearing the Allies rip into Team Sonic Racing so much this week after much more positive recent press showings. Game has had a real uphill struggle since going Sonic-only. What, y'all REALLY need Ulala in an SC5 car to take it seriously? We did the Sega All-Stars thing before and ended up with Football Manager in a car, and some podcast guy.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda sad at hearing the Allies rip into Team Sonic Racing so much this week after much more positive recent press showings. Game has had a real uphill struggle since going Sonic-only. What, y'all REALLY need Ulala in an SC5 car to take it seriously? We did the Sega All-Stars thing before and ended up with Football Manager in a car, and some podcast guy.

The allies were mirroring my opinion on that matter here. I really enjoyed the previous games in the series, but I don't care about Sonic. So, this feels like such a huge, and unfortunate downgrade. That being said, like the allies, I also acknowledge that it is probably a smart move. I'm sure the game will be more successful as a direct result. Unfortunately, in the process they are jettisoning all the fans that love the classic Sega franchises (but are indifferent towards Sonic).

I'm sure it will still be fun. I will also probably dig in after it gets a few heavy discounts, as I still love how these games feel. I doubt Sega will miss my sale as they very deliberately took the series in a very different direction from the one I am invested in (so I am an expected casualty of the new direction).

Deimo5

Oct 25, 2017
Sonic Racing looked way better in the last trailer they made, didn't feel like toaster strudels across the board

Status
Not open for further replies.