• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Joker is in Persona Q2 on 3DS which will release in june in the west. Also a spin-off Persona game on Switch can still have to do with Joker.
Snake and Cloud are also in Smash and aren't on any Nintendo system as far as I know.

edit: Forgot that FF VII is now on Switch, but Cloud has been in Smash for a while now.

I'm pretty sure cloud is in the FF theatrythem games. Metal gear is on a ton of Nintendo systems. The latest game being snake eater 3d on the 3ds.

Oct 25, 2017
Joker is in Persona Q2 on 3DS which will release in june in the west. Also a spin-off Persona game on Switch can still have to do with Joker.
Oh I know, but they're clearly borrowing more from P5 than Persona Q2 for Joker's stuff, which is a bit of a tease honestly, given how much chatter has existed since P5's release about a handheld version.

And I have to say: I also think it's lame that Cloud was added to Smash and we only just got FFVII on a Nintendo system for the first time. Truthfully, I wish Smash wasn't a catch-all but rather a carefully chosen group of Nintendo-related combatants. Like Steve from Minecraft or Banjo-Kazooie would work, but not Master Chief. It sets up too many expectations, breaks a bit of the narrative, etc.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
The Twin Snakes? Ghost Babel? Metal Gear?
I'm pretty sure cloud is in the FF theatrythem games. Metal gear is on a ton of Nintendo systems. The latest game being snake eater 3d on the 3ds.
Should have checked it more carefully before posting it ;). I wasn't sure about Snake because I didn't really follow Nintendo consoles that much over the years and I knew there was a chance that it was released on Gamecube at some point. That said, I am actually surprised that there were so many of them.

I didn't think about Theatrythm either for Cloud. I was almost positive that FF VII on Switch was the first time Cloud was on a Nintendo console. I stand corrected then.

Oh I know, but they're clearly borrowing more from P5 than Persona Q2 for Joker's stuff, which is a bit of a tease honestly, given how much chatter has existed since P5's release about a handheld version.

And I have to say: I also think it's lame that Cloud was added to Smash and we only just got FFVII on a Nintendo system for the first time. Truthfully, I wish Smash wasn't a catch-all but rather a carefully chosen group of Nintendo-related combatants. Like Steve from Minecraft or Banjo-Kazooie would work, but not Master Chief. It sets up too many expectations, breaks a bit of the narrative, etc.
I personally don't care too much if characters show in Smash that don't have games on a Nintendo system, but I do understand where you are coming from. It is for sure somewhat weird to do. Especially as the first DLC character with the crazy reveal video.

We will see what Persona 5 S brings.

I am still not convinced the S isn't going to be a spin-off (I think it would be weird to release the base game on Switch after showing of Persona 5 R), but who knows. I am sure it would sell well. I just am not convinced the deal they had with Sony/Nintendo doesn't prohibit them from releasing a numbered Persona game on anything but a Sony machine just as SMT can not be released on anything but a Nintendo machine.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
P3P is by far my favorite Persona game. It's quick and painless to get through compared to FES. I've definitely put the most hours into it out of any game in the series because it actively encourages replay. The female protagonist dramatically changes many of the interactions you have throughout the game, and it was fun to try to figure out how to max all social links in one run for both protagonists. It also has the combat improvements from Persona 4 and cuts out a lot of the more frustrating aspects of vanilla P3/FES (characters bailing from being tired, reverse social links, etc.).

The only cons for me are the low-res 2D graphics, which look great on the PSP's screen but rough if you are upscaling it through emulation or TV-out, and the lack of in-engine and FMV/anime cutscenes (I end up watching them on YouTube if I want to see them). It is also missing The Answer, however that's really not much of a loss for me...it's a pretty poorly written, grindy, and tacked on feeling addition to FES that I can do without. If that is something you want to play, you can play The Answer on its own in FES, which is available for download on PS3 if you still have one.

FES is still a great way to play the game, and I won't say no to a remake with added QoL improvements, but a straight port with no improvements would be rough...it's quite frustrating to not have fast travel, direct party control, limited dungeon crawling time, etc.
I have read a lot of threads about the difference of P3P and P3 FES and that's why I am unsure if I want to play it or not. I would probably play it on my Vita TV. I assume it wouldn't look the greatest, but I prefer to play my games on a TV instead of a handheld.

It's mainly the missing cutscenes that "bother" me and that you apparently can't run around in the world.
I also found P3 FES with a hacked in P4 fighting system for emulators, but I usually don't like to play on PC/emulators.

I am just hoping for an updated version even though I know it probably will never happen. Maybe I will give it a shot eventually (I do own P3P on Vita, I just never bit the bullet).

Btw, it's funny to read which version people prefer. I have seen al kinds of reactions, but I think it's close to 50/50 of which version people prefer. Some just love P3P while others can't look past the missing videos and the cutbacks because of the PSP.

I recently talked with my sister about P3 FES as she has played it (but not finished it) and she talked about the reversing social links and I couldn't believe it actually. I also knew about the characters being tired from her. It sounded really bothersome for sure.

Oct 25, 2017
I was holding out hope that maybe we'd get a definite answer to a Mk 11 full playthrough or not.
Injustice 2 one was awesome. But yeah, I'll wait till the end of the week, and just watch Max doods.

Oct 26, 2017
I was holding out hope that maybe we'd get a definite answer to a Mk 11 full playthrough or not.
Injustice 2 one was awesome. But yeah, I'll wait till the end of the week, and just watch Max doods.

Most full playthrought were Huber showing Kyle the full game.

But Kyle is already playing MK's story mode... So they proooobably won't do one.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Oof, NetherRealm really sabotaged their review scores with that screwed up progression system. At least they're fixing it, but the core game itself would have earned them 9s and 10s across the board had the progression not been so bad.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
I know EZA are all about positivity and hype, but getting excited at the possibility of Sony announcing something at Xbox event is a little crazy!
That's just Huber being Huber. It was clear that the rest thought it was an insane idea.
There is just no way. Sony doesn't even want to allow cross-play, let alone give MS one of their exclusives.

Huber just wants Sony to be at E3 and obviously still can't 100% believe they won't be there.
It's just innocent/childlike optimism (I mean that in the best possible way, it makes Huber Huber and I actually like that about him).

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Who else in here is already on the other side of Endgame?
Filthy non-US people! My friend in Australia saw it and of course hasn't said a peep, but I'm so jealous. Wasn't even aware it was releasing early outside the US until her Facebook post. Still a good 24 hours before I lay eyes on it. I've been Hubering it pretty hard, so I know very little.

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
Not a lot of hype in the EZA community for Days Gone it feels like, BUT, Jones added a nice few paragraphs about the game on his Patreon post for the review. Paraphrasing, but if you were already interested in the game he thinks you'll like it and he is hopeful himself for a sequel.

THAT BEING SAID...I grabbed this game back in Februrary as part of a Target B2G1 deal, and they sent an e-mail this morning saying it was backordered until May 9th or later. Sooooo, I cancelled it. Now I need to decide whether to wait for Rage 2 and hope for the best, or dive into the backlog for something like Uncharted 4 or Horizon Zero Dawn.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm going to wait on Days Gone now, to be honest. I think it still looks great, but I really want to play a patched version where a lot of the immersion breaking bugs like the calls happening in the middle of conversations with other characters stop happening.

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
maybe sony will do a state of play during e3, i would expect that

If they do that, I think it would come off worse than skipping E3 altogether. With their track record, they cannot announce dates for games or show anything and not have anything playable for press. That would be very weird.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If they do that, I think it would come off worse than skipping E3 altogether. With their track record, they cannot announce dates for games or show anything and not have anything playable for press. That would be very weird.
they could make the demos available for everyone on the psstore (if the game is ready for a demo), that would be cool, but this is my optimistic side talking, i think they will do just a state of play and say GG.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
maybe sony will do a state of play during e3, i would expect that
I'm almost positive they said they wouldn't do an event during E3.

My guess would be that they do something a couple of weeks before E3 or a couple of weeks/months later (for more PS5 info).
They just don't have a lot to show and they don't really need to either.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
I have not played Days Gone myself but apparently reviewers played the 1.02 version of the game and there have already been 1.03 and 1.04 patches released pre-launch that address some of the technical issues.

Last edited:

Deleted member 721

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm almost positive they said they wouldn't do an event during E3.

My guess would be that they do something a couple of weeks before E3 or a couple of weeks/months later (for more PS5 info).
They just don't have a lot to show and they don't really need to either.
they said this:
"When asked if Sony would push its event off-site, similar to how Electronic Arts provides a show adjacent to E3, PlayStation senior vice president of communications Jennifer Clark elaborated further saying, "We will not activate or hold a press conference around E3.""
i think state of play is not included as a press conference, imo

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
they said this:
"When asked if Sony would push its event off-site, similar to how Electronic Arts provides a show adjacent to E3, PlayStation senior vice president of communications Jennifer Clark elaborated further saying, "We will not activate or hold a press conference around E3.""
i think state of play is not included as a press conference, imo
I guess not. But I don't think Sony is going to risk the possible bad press of doing a State Of Play during E3 after saying they won't do a press conference.
I agree that it's not a press conference, but it's close to it and some people will probably feel it is the same thing.

I would do one a week or 2 before E3 (or a week or 2 after if you want to wait on some MS info).

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pleasantly surprised to see proper subtitles in the MK11 review video. Is that new for EZA?

Deleted member 721

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess not. But I don't think Sony is going to risk the possible bad press of doing a State Of Play during E3 after saying they won't do a press conference.
I agree that it's not a press conference, but it's close to it and some people will probably feel it is the same thing.

I would do one a week or 2 before E3 (or a week or 2 after if you want to wait on some MS info).
yeah i agree after or before makes more sense i think

klastical

Oct 29, 2017

What bad press? Nobody is going to be mad if Sony decides to put out a video around E3 highlighting some games.

"How dare they put out a video! I'm so mad. I trusted them when they said they wernt going to give me news about video games but they went ahead and did it anyways! Fuck them, lying bastards..." like, what? The five people who react that way should just be blocked and ignored.

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
What bad press? Nobody is going to be mad if Sony decides to put out a video around E3 highlighting some games.

"How dare they put out a video! I'm so mad. I trusted them when they said they wernt going to give me news about video games but they went ahead and did it anyways! Fuck them, lying bastards..." like, what? The five people who react that way should just be blocked and ignored.
Yeah, that makes very little sense.

People would most likely be very happy about some kind of presence from Sony during E3. A Direct around that time is obviously not the worst idea, as Nintendo has shown.

But Square taking Sony's slot really sucks because it means I can't watch it. I was hoping to catch the Avengers and FF7R presentation live.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium

Yeah, that makes very little sense.

People would most likely be very happy about some kind of presence from Sony during E3. A Direct around that time is obviously not the worst idea, as Nintendo has shown.

But Square taking Sony's slot really sucks because it means I can't watch it. I was hoping to catch the Avengers and FF7R presentation live.
I wouldn't be, but "the internet" gets pissed about a lot of stuff that I don't get. I wouldn't be surprised if they would get pissed about that.
I do believe they should have been present at E3 if they want to do stuff around that time.

I don't think they should do a real press conference as it's probably a waste of money (even though I love watching them), but they probably should at least have some games to show on the floor. If they don't, they shouldn't do a video/direct type thing either imo during E3.

I understand they can't show next gen games and I totally understand why they won't show at E3, but releasing a video during E3 would be somewhat weird imo (It would be fine with me, but it's a weird thing to do after they said they have nothing to show).

I totally understand the concept of a direct/state of play (which is imo very smart), but Nintendo always had games on the show floor while they did their direct.
Sony basically said they are not showing at E3 because they don't have anything to show. I don't think that's the same thing as Nintendo did.

That said, I do agree that there probably won't be any "bad press" if they do show something. I was somewhat exaggerating.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
My bet is Sony will do another State of Play in the month of June. I feel like they'll still want to make themselves a part of the conversation around E3, but without spending the ridiculous amounts of money to actually be there.

Bloodworth

Oct 28, 2017
Pleasantly surprised to see proper subtitles in the MK11 review video. Is that new for EZA?
No, we've had volunteers doing them with reviews for a while. Alexander Zyryanov has been the most consistent and he does them in English and Russian for every review, and even went back and submitted them for all the reviews he missed so every review has them now.

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm, I wonder what score days gone would have gotten if all the bugs and tech issues were not there.

An 8?

Like, it's hard for me to gauge how much of a damper on the game do the bugs make.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
No, we've had volunteers doing them with reviews for a while. Alexander Zyryanov has been the most consistent and he does them in English and Russian for every review, and even went back and submitted them for all the reviews he missed so every review has them now.
Really impressive work by that guy.

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017

I don't think it would be bad press exactly, just bad from a company perspective. People on this forum would be excited for sure, but as a company, you can't have a PR message of "we won't be at E3" for months, only to release a "direct" during that time. No one would be mad they did it, but there would be wildly more effective ways of generating buzz for their games at E3 - ways in which Sony is already well-versed.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
Hmmm, I wonder what score days gone would have gotten if all the bugs and tech issues were not there.

An 8?

Like, it's hard for me to gauge how much of a damper on the game do the bugs make.

Based on how positive Jones was throughout most of the review, seems like it could have easily been an 8 or even 8.5 with fewer technical issues. Hopefully further patches will get it there.

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018
The port report concept is interesting. I'm not sure if it compares favorably to something like Digital Foundry's content, but it's cool to see the team trying out some new ideas. I do like how there was more of a focus on the gameplay benefits and features of the port.

I think leaning into that where possible is a good way to differentiate from a more technical review. The only concern I'd have is that outside of late Switch and PC ports, there might not be a lot of differences to point to, and the differences that are there might start to feel samey from game to game (i.e. 'having this game on the go is a welcome change').

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
The port report concept is interesting. I'm not sure if it compares favorably to something like Digital Foundry's content, but it's cool to see the team trying out some new ideas. I do like how there was more of a focus on the gameplay benefits and features of the port.

I think leaning into that where possible is a good way to differentiate from a more technical review. The only concern I'd have is that outside of late Switch and PC ports, there might not be a lot of differences to point to, and the differences that are there might start to feel samey from game to game (i.e. 'having this game on the go is a welcome change').

For me it seems like a great evolution of TotalBiscuit's old Port Reports. I'd love to see them try and bring some of these ideas into their main reviews. They already talk about performance when it's suitable (like in Days Gone), some multi-plat coverage about the general performance between versions would be really cool, especially when, unless I'm mistaken, a large portion of the audience owns multiple platforms and so would benefit from that kind of information.

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
Happy to see Port Report make a come back - there have been reports for Doom, Skyrim, Rime, and now Final Fantasy X-X2. Would be cool to get a few more of these as time permits throughout the year.

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018
Happy to see Port Report make a come back - there have been reports for Doom, Skyrim, Rime, and now Final Fantasy X-X2. Would be cool to get a few more of these as time permits throughout the year.

Port Report has been a thing since 2017
Ah, yeah I completely forgot about those earlier episodes. It would be nice if they found success with it, and if it's content they want to create they can do whatever they want. I still have mixed feelings about this kind of coverage coming from EZA though. For me so far they have been quite literally forgettable. =\

Status
Not open for further replies.