• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Great work with the DMC Retro, Ben (and Don). You did a great job covering each game in the series and the differences between them. I do think it's a bit soft on DmC, since Ninja Theory themselves did a lot to rile up fans and Capcom clearly weren't happy with its sales at launch but oh well.

One thing I would've liked to see is the RE3 -> RE4 -> DMC development story because I find it really interesting the way things changed in those 2-3 years but I can understand why you wouldn't want to spend too long talking about RE instead of DMC. I also remember hearing that DMC2 was originally a completely different game but was turned into DMC2 when DMC1 turned out to be a hit. It'd explain how they managed to finish it only 18 months after DMC1 even with its development troubles and why Kamiya had no clue it was in development but I'm not sure if it's true or not.

Oct 25, 2017
I for one applaud the final season of BBT. Took some real risks. I'm sure the books will be better, but it was a fun ride nonetheless. #bazinga

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
what do y'all think about GOTY this year for EZA?

It's obviously too early but I think it could make for interesting debate.

There's no absolutely clear clear frontrunner (at least imo) right now.

And there are games you feel could be brought by anyone.
Huber RE2, or supporting sekiro if RE2 gets cut
Brad could be a surprise KH3
Ian and Don could be MM2 depending if it's good.
Would Ben try a DMC5 run?

Have no idea about Kyle, Jones, Damiani, Bloodworth at the moment.

Will Dreams release this year
Will one of Sony's Blockbusters release this year. TLOU2 would throw everything into a tailspin
FF7R releasing this year would throw everything into a tailspin too, but being episodic would hurt.

And then the everpresent Nintendo question if there's a surprise GOTY announced somehow. (spoiler, it's Town )

gonna be crazy.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
If GOTYs were right now I'd expect RE2 to take it easily. Huber, Jones and Damiani love it and everyone else likes it a lot too. Also, as much as Brad loves KH, I'm guessing he'd support Sekiro over it.

TBH I think Animal Crossing will be NIntendo's big contender this year, not Mario Maker 2.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can't imagine Mario Maker 2 not being my own GOTY with how everything is lined up. I think with all the additions, it's got a shot.

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
The only game that had a chance to derail RE2: Remake's campaign was Sekiro - now that that has come and gone without captivating the Allies in the same vain as Bloodborne or Dark Souls, the die has been cast. Jones can start editing the GOTY video now to free up some time around the holidays for his son.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
I think judgment has a solid chance at being the allies goty considering the general love they give yakuza and judgment being a clean break from those games so everyone can jump in and check it out.

My dark horse pick is astral chain.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
No idea, but there is a space next to 3D World, which would mean something a bit more radical like maybe SML or SMB2.

1534450657481.gif

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
Huber gave RE2 Remake "only" 9/10 (and seems to still prefer the original) and in Hall of Greats said Sekiro was his favorite FROM Software game ever, so I'm not sure his GOTY vote is set in stone.

Mario Maker 2 has no chance as most of the allies won't play it.

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
Huber gave RE2 Remake "only" 9/10 (and seems to still prefer the original) and in Hall of Greats said Sekiro was his favorite FROM Software game ever, so I'm not sure his GOTY vote is set in stone.

Mario Maker 2 has no chance as most of the allies won't play it.

Damiani, Don, Ian and Kyle will play it (at least). That's a strong voting block right there!

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
Don isn't much of a debater. Do we expect MM2 to be Damiani's favorite of the year?

Also what about Link's Awakening? Isn't that 2019?

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Completely agree with this. Sony is going to release at least one of their three monsters this year - can't discount any of them.
I am not convinced that's true (although I wouldn't be surprised if they do launch either). They might hold off to have a killer launch lineup for next gen (although it's probably not smart to release all 3 at the same time).

It all depends on how finished they are. I can't help but feeling that they would keep at least one for PS5 launch. Probably the one that is the farthest away or has most performance issues on PS4.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
I think Sony would very much like to get TLOU2 out this year, but it will likely not happen.

If it does happen, though, yeah it will destroy everything awards wise.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
One of the things I like about Sony and part of the reason why I moved from Xbox to Playstation this gen is that they'll support their console with exclusives even up to their next console launch and past that, so I wouldn't put it past them to release it this year
Industry peeps in the know like Alanah Pearce and Jason Schreier expect it out this year as well

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
One of the things I like about Sony and part of the reason why I moved from Xbox to Playstation this gen is that they'll support their console with exclusives even up to their next console launch and past that, so I wouldn't put it past them to release it this year
Industry peeps in the know like Alanah Pearce and Jason Schreier expect it out this year as well

With BC and PS5 having it's own boost mode type thing, it could be both PS4 and ready for next gen release.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
i'll eat a hat if Sekiro isn't their GOTY.
individually they will like other games more but Sekiro is a group lock.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Last of us 2 will get a 2019 release date at some point this year. The game will inevitably get delayed into early 2020.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Yeah surprised people think sekiro is out of goty running. I think Huber is higher on sekiro than re2 Ben and Brad obviously love it. I know Ian wasn't as keen but I think its definitely liked more than re2 overall

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think I know exactly why Ian is not so keen on sekiro, it might be the same reason why I, despite liking it a hell lot, am not in love with it as much as Bloodborne.

The game doesn't have such a huge twist as BB or even DS and certainly doesn't have as deep lore or a deeper message to the game, it's... a game, it tells a story, and that's it, it's weird we expect something different from a game, but From has made such incredible jobs on their game that it's hard to forget that

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
PSA: Everyone interested in E3 news from the Allies make sure you check out today's Cup of Jones! Holdontoyourbutts.jpg

May 30, 2018
xWKDT0f.png

What do y'all think? If I use the
TE82t0N.png
and
8dwYneE.png
buttons instead of Yes and No on the bets form, is that easy to understand?

EDIT: Or is this better using the Checkmark and X as Yes and No:

7lsKAFY.png

Last edited:

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Gah, I hate having to wait for hours after the show has aired before I can even begin watching it.
It depends, only if he goes over 2 hours (which is usually the case the last couple of months and happened again at this moment).
I have the same problem. It's crazy that youtube still hasn't fixed that issue.
It's also strange how variable the wait is. Sometimes it's an hour or so, sometimes it takes half a day.

BradGrenz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there something about the Mario Maker Stylus drama I'm missing? It's just a bog standard capacitive stylus. It doesn't add anything you can't do with a finger or fish sausage, or any of a thousand two dollar equivalents on Amazon.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
It depends, only if he goes over 2 hours (which is usually the case the last couple of months and happened again at this moment).
I have the same problem. It's crazy that youtube still hasn't fixed that issue.
It's also strange how variable the wait is. Sometimes it's an hour or so, sometimes it takes half a day.

I think it was last weeks that was up shortly afterwards but yeah, there was one time I had to wait until the next day to watch because it took that long to get uploaded.

Elfforkusu

Oct 25, 2017
Checkmark + X is the way to go for sure
Is there something about the Mario Maker Stylus drama I'm missing? It's just a bog standard capacitive stylus. It doesn't add anything you can't do with a finger or fish sausage, or any of a thousand two dollar equivalents on Amazon.
I think it's just lack of communication from nintendo (and assumption that no official stylus == no stylus as a result). That they're not selling more than a few collector's editions is a pretty strong signal that it's not anything special technology wise, but unless the allies on stream were super familiar with that tech (evidently not), that wouldn't have been obvious

Status
Not open for further replies.