• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jords

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2018
New Zealand
Saw this news coming from Ian, does not weaken the blow

Thoughts with you and your family Ian! L&R x3000 :(

Oct 26, 2017
My condolences to Ian...

I'm glad crowdfunding and the alies made it possible for him to spend that time with his dad without major financial worries.

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
Man. It is simply unfair to have to go through what Ian has had to endure with his parents. I am very grateful for all Ian does. I hope having the months with his dad helped with his grief

I've had 3 family members pass away in recent years and, while it's obviously never good, two of them had an extended period of falling ill and whatnot. In hindsight, I'm grateful for having that period to come to terms and spend time with my loved ones before they move on.

Allowing Ian to just disappear for months without explanation is without a doubt the best thing that could have happened. He'll treasure this time that he got to have for the rest of his life.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
Oh, Ian. My deepest condolences, man. Losing both parents is so tough. My thoughts are with you, buddy. You've got a massive family here that loves and supports you.

I heard he's doing stuff at Fanbyte now. Source: I'm him.

Great to see you here, Ryan. I've been a fan of your writing from all the way back to your Dark Souls review on GT. Good to know where I can find you.

LJKO

Nov 16, 2017
My Condolences to Ian, Family, and Friends. R.I.P

I know it's not the time to ask this but Pokemon Conference 6PMPT/9PMEST during Tuesday Group Stream?

Last edited:

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My Condolences to Ian, Family, and Friends. R.I.P

I know it's not the time to ask this but Pokemon Conference 6PMPT/9PMEST during Tuesday Group Stream?

On Cup of Jones, they said they're doing it.

Much rather than than playing a game, so I'm glad. Then Team Sonic Racing after.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They were refused access to E3, yet are judges and have appointments with publishers. They're having to buy public tickets and then go to the appointments anyway. How fucking dumb.

No wonder it's dying. ESA being idiots.

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They were refused access to E3, yet are judges and have appointments with publishers. They're having to buy public tickets and then go to the appointments anyway. How fucking dumb.

Well that's quite the shocker. Not listening to CoJ atm so hopefully we can get a full explanation for the refusal

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well that's quite the shocker. Not listening to CoJ atm so hopefully we can get a full explanation for the refusal

The full explanation is that the ESA said no and they gave no further information to them. Whatever metric they look at that EZA aren't hitting, they're not saying and their website just says "eligibility criteria changes each year".

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018
My condolences to Ian. Losing a parent is very hard...I remember him talking about losing his mother and how difficult that was for him. Hope he takes all the time he needs before coming back. I'm glad he has a lot of support.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Bloodworth clarified during CoJ that they did get a small group of badges, but they didn't think them worthy enough to give everyone a badge, so they're buying the rest

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia

I'm willing to help out any way I can in order to ease the expenses but...the fucking ESA man...
EZA's coverage of E3 is my favorite part of the event, if they fuck that up...

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany

Good thing E3 has public days or the press wouldn't be able to cover it! Hah, that'll be a fun wrinkle the next time the topic of whether E3 should be a public event at all comes up on the podcast.

Oct 25, 2017
Those E3 tickets are not cheap....

Thats gonna take a bite out of their savings for sure.

On the other hand, E3 is really important for EZA so they are between a rock and a hard place.

Oct 25, 2017
E3 was fine as an industry-only event. Turning it into Gamescom or PAX is what seems to have diluted its appeal to folks like EA and Sony. If giving up public access is what is needed to save E3, then so be it. Guaranteed they're pulling badges from smaller outlets in order to sell more tickets, which is what makes the whole thing so gross. Ugh.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Another Blood clarification is that the tickkets they're getting are Media Badges, just having to pay for it. So I imagine that's more expensive AND seeing them worthy of media access anyway... As long as they pay up.

E3 was fine as an industry-only event. Turning it into Gamescom or PAX is what seems to have diluted its appeal to folks like EA and Sony. If giving up public access is what is needed to save E3, then so be it. Guaranteed they're pulling badges from smaller outlets in order to sell more tickets, which is what makes the whole thing so gross. Ugh.

EA left when it was industry only and their reasoning was "to let players get their hands on our latest games" at their EA Play in LA and London at the same time, so they actually want the public.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I guess there is a readon why E3 has been declining a lot on the recent years..

this organization just keep pushing everyone away, I'm really sad about it, they smugness might end what is one of the best shows of gaming in the world.

Nov 5, 2017
I just noticed that there is going to be a Pokemon Press Conference tomorrow night at 6pm. This is the exact same time when the EZA Group Stream begins. Does this mean the Allies aren't going to cover the Pokemon Press Conference, then?

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
I played around on the E3 website now just to see the language regarding how they determine who gets badges, and it seems pretty subjective. They don't factor in any social media numbers and rely solely on some traffic metric tool. Also, I tried to "register" as a media member and it indicated some sort of pro pass was $995... so uh...hopefully there was a group rate, because that is insane. Might need a Post E3 fundraiser stream to refill the coffers!

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
I played around on the E3 website now just to see the language regarding how they determine who gets badges, and it seems pretty subjective. They don't factor in any social media numbers and rely solely on some traffic metric tool. Also, I tried to "register" as a media member and it indicated some sort of pro pass was $995... so uh...hopefully there was a group rate, because that is insane. Might need a Post E3 fundraiser stream to refill the coffers!

Hopefully they wernt looking at traffic to easyallies.com cause that seems like a bad way to go about things.

Nov 5, 2017
So when is the EZA E3 1st official stream? Will it be on Sat for EA's EA Play event or will it be on Sunday during Microsoft's E3 Event?

Status
Not open for further replies.