• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
It's also more likely for new patrons to start at the lowest tier as they either were not as easily pushed towards supporting people on patreon or just want to test out the waters. I think that a higher number of patrons is always a good thing. It's also possible some of them will up their tier after a while.

I started at $1 as well as I wasn't super fond of Patreon before I knew EZA started one and while I am still not on a super high tier, I moved on to the $5 tier after a year because I wanted to support them more and I loved what I was getting from them.

More support is better. It doesn't matter which tier that support is going to.

Last edited:

grmltr

Oct 25, 2017
A whole bunch of low tier contributors is sustainable, whereas a few high tiers is a gamble.

Also, is the commentary audio a bit low in the EA show and now the tournament coverage? Maybe just me, but when you have the Allies commenting with the show audio, it gets muddled. I'd expect the Allies commentary to take forefront.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
A whole bunch of low tier contributors is sustainable, whereas a few high tiers is a gamble.

Also, is the commentary audio a bit low in the EA show and now the tournament coverage? Maybe just me, but when you have the Allies commenting with the show audio, it gets muddled. I'd expect the Allies commentary to take forefront.

I thought it was great. I could focus on whatever voice I wanted to hear.

Szeth

Oct 25, 2017
They were too quiet for the first half of EA but once Ian tweaked it it was perfect to me.

Mattersnotnow

Jan 15, 2018
I've just got to the part of the stream Damiani did, rewatching the betting special and after he starts waxing poetic about press conferences and how a better final bet would be the return of Konami with reveangence 2...
I was laughing out loud when he started describing how he would Naruto run and zandatsu the whole studio. Damiani is lowkey one of the funniest allies.

Konami... Do the right thing.

Rezbit

Oct 26, 2017
The setup definitely looks good. Keep those monitors permanently I reckon, fills the space nicely on that back wall. Probably a bit of a blessing that it was a low-key start, they managed to iron out some of the sound kinks throughout the day, especially the volume which seemed to be better during the Mario Maker stream.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, those tv's behind them permanent?

Wonder what everyone thinks about their inclusion in regular content?

I like them. Could give each podcast/whatever more of an identity.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
about changes, someone talked about the column in the middle when they moved to the studio, and now sometimes watching the podcast i think what i would do with it, like try to hide it or decor it with vines and get plushies of the entire dk family climbing it, or i would get an overcoat, sunglasses dress the column and call it the new ally column-kun, a very shy member but always present.

Greysif

Oct 25, 2017
about changes, someone talked about the column in the middle when they moved to the studio, and now sometimes watching the podcast i think what i would do with it, like try to hide it or decor it with vines and get plushies of the entire dk family climbing it, or i would get an overcoat, sunglasses dress the column and call it the new ally column-kun, a very shy member but always present.

That DK plushies idea is genius.

Bloodworth

Oct 28, 2017
Yep, awesome!

Not sure. Blood would probably be able to give a little more insight into that.

Having said that, # of Patrons is also important too. Remember, your asking people to log onto a website, make a whole new account, put in all your info including your credit card, and then pledge on a website that they probably aren't very familiar with. If you're lazy, thats probably asking a lot from people, haha.
Also, the more Patrons, the less fluctuations on total income.

But I would say they have definitely hit a soft cap right now.
Not sure I have time to spell out all my thoughts on the matter, but to put it briefly, there are a lot of factors here that make the current numbers make total sense to me. Not only am I not worried, I think the Patreon is in really good shape. We've just hit a new patron record today, and the pledge amount has increased a lot this week. It's a strong, stable upward trend overall, even if the dollar amount isn't at its highest.

Wiggy

Oct 26, 2017
catching up on yesterday's stream, great hosting by blood. Its probably happened but cant remember seeing him lead one of these before

Designer_Fake

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Those monitors are looking so good. I honestly think the studio is looking better than the GT one did by now.

CyReN

Oct 25, 2017
Heads up, Frame Trap is also up on Patreon if you're looking to kill time until E3 this afternoon.

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure I have time to spell out all my thoughts on the matter, but to put it briefly, there are a lot of factors here that make the current numbers make total sense to me. Not only am I not worried, I think the Patreon is in really good shape. We've just hit a new patron record today, and the pledge amount has increased a lot this week. It's a strong, stable upward trend overall, even if the dollar amount isn't at its highest.

Thanks Blood. Every day will be a new Patron record until the end of June.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Can Geoff stop taking Kyle during E3 :/
I don't a see a problem with it.
I think Kyle likes doing it and I suspect it's a nice extra thing for Kyle to do moneywise as well.

It's clear Geoff trusts Kyle in what he does, which is great.
You can also bet that "Easy Allies" will be mentioned or shown (probably brief), so it's not bad for EZA either.

Designer_Fake

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm ready for E3. 😂

OU6w7Ok.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.