• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LJKO

Nov 16, 2017
Really hoping that next week's stream for Mario Maker is a Don's Design Challenge, they are some of the best things they have ever done and I'd be crushed if we don't get another with the new game. Likewise really hope SamSho is the EZ Livin' tournament!
In general I want Don Design Lab comeback, Bring some guess back like Elyse would be great fun.

Last edited:

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious, is there not a way to use this new twitch feature so that it can be restricted to Patrons (similar to what happens with Cup Of Jones on youtube)?

Because if not, that seems like something Twitch should also look into doing.

kamen_tater

Oct 27, 2017
It's unlikely that Twitch is remotely interested in letting subscriptions other sites dictate what you can access on Twitch since they don't see a single penny of that. Even if Twitch were to allow something like that, they would need to work out a deal with Patreon and that means Twitch taking a cut from Patreon subs which in turn means EZA taking the hit and getting less money from their primary source of income.

grmltr

Oct 25, 2017
That late night lounge set is too good to be used once. I expect EZA comedy night, live theatre, interpretive dance, etc.

HylianScribe

Oct 27, 2017
I know it's been a busy month, but is there a Spoiler Mode for June?

We had some ideas but I think a few things fell through. In tomorrow's monthly meeting we'll go over this, I know that I very passionately will want to do Stranger Things S3 for July (even if it's only one other person will do it), and possibly Spider-Man Far From Home.

EarthPainting

Oct 26, 2017
Town adjacent to Silent Hill
Essentially. Right before Mario Odyssey came out a 3DS game was pirated and leaked before launch. America was restricted on receiving codes as a result. There wasn't really a clear official reasoning for why that change happened, but the two are almost definitely related.

We went from getting everything well ahead of launch whether we asked for it or not to having to wait until launch day to get most of our codes, with a few exceptions like Xenoblade. That won't likely be permanent, but it's the situation we're in for now.
Indeed. I recall it happening for both Pokémon Ultra Sun/Moon and Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga in only a matter of weeks. I don't really blame them for tightening the screws as a result. Unfortunately it makes a reviewer's job harder, especially if they rely on launch-traffic.

RugoUniverse

May 15, 2018
Does anyone else ever go on the subreddit? IMO it is getting kinda disturbing with its constant attacking of Damiani. There's ribbing and criticism but then there's that. I hope he doesn't go there, because it can't be good for someone to be that singled out.

This is kinda difficult as I know he's active here but I wanted to bring it up somewhere as it's getting out of hand in my opinion. I don't know if anyone can do anything about it but I thought it worth flagging up somewhere rather than letting it go on unchallenged.

Urbannomad123

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rugby, England
I wouldn't care if they did a sub only stream, I imagine they won't though

Damiani trialed a sub only stream last night so it must be something they are thinking about. I wonder if they are any non Twitch subscribing Patrons who would be upset about such streams (I do both so, naturally, don't mind). As a Patron my main wish is to see EZA grow and I am not convinced their Patreon will grow much more. Twitch provides a not insubstantial part of their income and utilising the possibilities there seem quite sensible to me.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Thanks to Kyle and the panel for taking a moment at the top of the podcast to acknowledge Etika and suicide. Small gestures don't go unnoticed.

Does anyone else ever go on the subreddit? IMO it is getting kinda disturbing with its constant attacking of Damiani. There's ribbing and criticism but then there's that. I hope he doesn't go there, because it can't be good for someone to be that singled out.

I don't frequent reddit but I just took a look after your post. Yikes. The YouTube comments under an EZA podcasts make for more pleasant reading. Luckily I'm pretty sure Damiani knows that the opinions of someone who calls resetera "a radical Marxist message board" don't count for a lot.

I wonder if they are any non Twitch subscribing Patrons who would be upset about such streams (I do both so, naturally, don't mind).

I only do Patreon. I believe the Allies get a bigger cut from Patreon than from Twitch, so whenever I wanted to give them more money, I'd raise my pledge rather than subscribe.

Oct 25, 2017
If they did sub only streams, I'd likely switch my patreon pledge to a twitch sub. That's a far more tangible benefit to me then early podcasts, which I usually listen to late.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think they would ever do a a sub only stream, that would alienate a good portion of their patreon because not all have a twitch sub, I do happen to have one, but if I didn't I would be pretty mad if they did that when I'm paying on patreon.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Been subbed for 33 months now, I'm ready :p

I don't think they would ever do a a sub only stream, that would alienate a good portion of their patreon because not all have a twitch sub, I do happen to have one, but if I didn't I would be pretty mad if they did that when I'm paying on patreon.

Disagree so much. You can't have everything, just like some Twitch Subs aren't Patreons. They don't get those shows, early access etc.
You're OK with getting Patreon exclusives yet would be mad Twitch subs get something too? People are not entitled to all of their content.
They already put out so much free (non Patreon ) content so this is just a bonus for people who support them on Twitch.

Last edited:

Wiggy

Oct 26, 2017
I sub through twitch prime, so guess I can't judge. Don't think it would bother me tho. They could always post the archive on patreon for 5 dollar (the cost of a twitch sub ) Patrons.
But Like I say I don't think it'll be something they do seriously

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I sub on both Twitch Prime and Patreon so it wouldn't bother me, but I don't think it would be a good move or something they would do anyway

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
Can you switch from a sub-only stream to a "normal" steam? If so it might be cool for quick behind the scenes things before an actual steam.
Thanks to Kyle and the panel for taking a moment at the top of the podcast to acknowledge Etika and suicide. Small gestures don't go unnoticed.
This. I didn't know how to say it without it feeling forced.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who can give what they can to them through patreon I'd be kinda bummed to see twitch sub only streams if they're multiple person streams.

Szeth

Oct 25, 2017
As a patron since day 1 I'd be pretty upset if I was all of a sudden locked out of some of their content.

Urbannomad123

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rugby, England
Can you switch from a sub-only stream to a "normal" steam? If so it might be cool for quick behind the scenes things before an actual steam.
This is the sort of thing that I was thinking of. Something that is just a little extra for twitch subscribers that might encourage a few more subscriptions. Perhaps this could be uploaded to to YouTube at a later date only for Patron's to be able to watch.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Would is be plausible to air the early access videos for Subs only and leave the VoD up until the video goes live on Twitch? And do the same for the Exclusive shows, but only leave them for a week?

Oct 25, 2017
Sub-only streams seem tailor-made for people who are only on Twitch and that's their main revenue source, namely full-time streamers who want to get their sub counts up.

If EZA wants to do them, whatever. I don't care since I have Twitch Prime, but seems like a bad move when their free Twitch channel can be used as a means to get paid Patreons... which I would rather have over Twitch subs, since Twitch subs won't get us to Full Playthrough Fundays.

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

This is kinda difficult as I know he's active here but I wanted to bring it up somewhere as it's getting out of hand in my opinion. I don't know if anyone can do anything about it but I thought it worth flagging up somewhere rather than letting it go on unchallenged.

Reddit is trash. There's no benefit to discussing this here.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah it's absolutely going against the mantra of love and respect.

Edit: Holy shit, just went to the subreddit for the first time in a long time and man they hate us there.

Edit 2: Since it looks like they're analyzing us in this thread, note that I might spend more time on the reddit just to get a more nuanced view of things than see things through an "Era" lens if such a thing exists.

Last edited:

HylianScribe

Oct 27, 2017
Can't promise we will never do a sub only steam at some point between now and the end of time, but we currently don't see a real use for it that makes sense to us. Twitch integration with Patreon would be what we want for Patron only streams, but I think it's safe to say that's not likely going to happen anytime soon.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can't promise we will never do a sub only steam at some point between now and the end of time, but we currently don't see a real use for it that makes sense to us. Twitch integration with Patreon would be what we want for Patron only streams, but I think it's safe to say that's not likely going to happen anytime soon.

Thanks Damiani! Appreciate the update.

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
Ian and Don hit Mario Maker 2 tonight! Super hyped. SMM2 is an evergreen title for the Allies, can't wait for all the future streams to come from that game.

KraytarJ

Nov 14, 2017
There are some great subreddits out there, not all of Reddit is garbage.
r/metalcore is one of the best communities I've been too and have helped me get through some hard times.

but god damn yea uneasyalliance is ....wow
Definitely. Reddit gets a bad rap around here sometimes on the whole but that subreddit in particular is ridiculously negative. It was quite the surprise to go there a few weeks back and see what people were saying.

Oct 25, 2017

Little off topic, but Damiani, is EZ to like Anime going to continue after OPM ends? Just wondering if EZAnime will only return when OPM Season 3 returns, or are you planning another anime watch in the meantime?

Been really enjoying them.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
We had some ideas but I think a few things fell through. In tomorrow's monthly meeting we'll go over this, I know that I very passionately will want to do Stranger Things S3 for July (even if it's only one other person will do it), and possibly Spider-Man Far From Home.

Also wanted to point out I'd love BOTH of those. Always enjoy the spoiler modes.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
I decided to do watch the full groupstream (in a couple of parts) and I enjoyed most of it.
The monologues weren't really my thing (I knew that going in). I did feel like they all spend time and effort in the though and I loved the atmosphere of the podium with the lights.

As far as the rest goes, I still don't agree with how Huber and Kyle see their decision, but whatever. I get where they are coming from, but I just feel like it's incorrect. I enjoyed the Trial by battle and loved CTR.

I did feel rather bad though when Kyle commented on something chat said about Doom as I know I was one of the idiots who had bad comments on him specifically (about the betting special results show, not about Doom). I always try to not rant on people's personal opinions or go straight at the person even though they have differing opinions, but I goofed this time which shouldn't have happend.

While I expected him to not care too much (they all probably hardened somewhat by working in this industry for a while), I believe he has done some therapy in the past (I just realised that) and I really hope he was able to brush my comments off as I would feel terrible if that wasn't the case (not sure if he read it, but I know he has commented on here in the past).

So I enjoyed the stream all in all for what it was. I probably enjoyed the monologues the least, but that's not because of the quality of those monologues but just because something like that just isn't for me (even though they all did a great job).

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
I decided to do watch the full groupstream (in a couple of parts) and I enjoyed most of it.
The monologues weren't really my thing (I knew that going in). I did feel like they all spend time and effort in the though and I loved the atmosphere of the podium with the lights.

As far as the rest goes, I still don't agree with how Huber and Kyle see their decision, but whatever. I get where they are coming from, but I just feel like it's incorrect. I enjoyed the Trial by battle and loved CTR.

I did feel rather bad though when Kyle commented on something chat said about Doom as I know I was one of the idiots who had bad comments on him specifically (about the betting special results show, not about Doom). I always try to not rant on people's personal opinions or go straight at the person even though they have differing opinions, but I goofed this time which shouldn't have happend.

While I expected him to not care too much (they all probably hardened somewhat by working in this industry for a while), I believe he has done some therapy in the past (I just realised that) and I really hope he was able to brush my comments off as I would feel terrible if that wasn't the case (not sure if he read it, but I know he has commented on here in the past).

So I enjoyed the stream all in all for what it was. I probably enjoyed the monologues the least, but that's not because of the quality of those monologues but just because something like that just isn't for me (even though they all did a great job).

Hopefully you'll still join in on the fun next year. Glad to hear you've calmed down a bit, haha.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Hopefully you'll still join in on the fun next year. Glad to hear you've calmed down a bit, haha.
I probably will. I knew this wouldn't last a full year anyway as I always loved the betting specials.
Don's monologue was amazing. Blood and Kyle's were very good too.
I completely agree. Me not being the biggest fan of something like this doesn't mean I don't think they did a fantastic job.

I wouldn't even come close to the monologues they did as I always sucked at remembering things by heart.
I could usually tell you what a poem was about, but I was never good at remembering the specific lines, let alone remembering a 5 minute monologue.

Status
Not open for further replies.