• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thores

Oct 25, 2017
You never need to dig through a whole episode for info like this. It's generally addressed in the first 10 minutes or so before he starts answering questions.

Generally, Jones is out of most stuff until at least a month after Milo comes home. He'll still be doing VO, but that's the only thing he'll be doing on a regular basis. He may sneak in a podcast, Cup of Jones, or Trailer Jones here and there, but just if the opportunity makes sense. I'll be "Jones" on the podcast when I get back. Cup of Jones is most likely on for next week.
I appreciate the clarification! I don't watch CoJ super often, so I didn't know that about the structure. That's good to know, thank you.

That's a decent amount of baby time. I hope that Brandon's able to take as much time as he needs to transition into this new leg of his life. He's certainly earned it, and he couldn't have picked a better team to hold the fort while he's away.

Bloodworth

Oct 28, 2017
I appreciate the clarification! I don't watch CoJ super often, so I didn't know that about the structure. That's good to know, thank you.

That's a decent amount of baby time. I hope that Brandon's able to take as much time as he needs to transition into this new leg of his life. He's certainly earned it, and he couldn't have picked a better team to hold the fort while he's away.
Yep, for easy reference Cup of Jones typically goes:
Business Updates
Business Questions
Personal Questions
Baby Questions (NEW!)
Editorial (if any)

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
CTR Review. I would probably rate it similarly.

And that got the CTR music stuck in my head again. I had the same thing when playing the game for the 2 or 3 days that I did.

I still remember so much from playing the original on my PS1 (with a multitap) with my friends or with my sister (although I have clearly gotten worse at the game). A lot of hours went into that one, but that apparently also made a couple of the songs get stuck in my head even if I only hear a couple of seconds of them.

Last edited:

Jeff6851

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After the great news of Brandon and Amanda's baby they have to go through this. Stay strong, Huber, take all the time you need.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Damn. They're struck by tragedy right now. Ian's dad and this. Cancer is just the worst epidemic we have.

Condolences to him and his family. I know he was close with his brother, so he should take all the time he needs.

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely terrible...cancer fucking sucks. Sending thoughts to the Huber family. Such a rough couple of months for the Allies. Ian's Dad and now this...

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
As a brother, Huber's loss brings me to tears. I wish him and his family strength and love, cleansing tears and lasting memories. May the pain subdue but the good times spent together stay forever vibrant.

I must also add the obligatory, heartfelt and very personal: Fuck cancer.

Oct 28, 2017
I've said it before but whenever Huber spoke about him and his brother gaming when growing up it brought back memories of me and my brothers. It always makes me smile when he mentioned his brother.

Horrible news.

RugoUniverse

May 15, 2018
No man deserves love more than Michael Huber. You feel it radiate from him with every single video he's ever been in. Sending everything I can to him and his family. I can't even imagine what they're going and have gone through. Love you, Huber.

flare

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just awful to hear. Hearing Huber talk about his brother when playing games together always brought a smile to my face. Condolences to Huber and his family.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Damn, that sucks.
It sounded to me like his brother had some health issues (I believe cancer was dropped at some point), but after the last time it was mentioned I got the idea it was better (and I actually forgot about it). Awful to hear he couldn't beat his cancer.

It sounded like Huber was very close to his brother (an upbeat/friendly guy like Huber is close to a lot of people). I can't imagine what he is going through now.
My condolences to Huber and his family. I hope he can find a way to deal with this terrible loss.

Edit:
I just realized that this is terrible news for EZA as well as they are down an other reviewer (next to obviously see a friend and colleague in pain which must be devastating). Not that it matters in the end, as life comes first and Huber should obviously take all the time he needs to deal with his loss.

Last edited:

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, just saw Huber's tweet, that's terrible. Major L&R to him and his family.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god. This is too much. Huber had mentioned his brother being sick, but I had hoped he would recover. That is a lot to take. I wish Huber the best. My sincerest condolences.

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
I had honestly thought he was doing well, after it first got brought up we didn't really hear anything.

Let this be a lesson to the Easy Allies community. Anyone, anyone, can develop a life threatening illness. You are not invincible because you are in your 20s. If you think there's something wrong with your body, go to the fucking doctor.

I wish Huber all the healing tears and laughs and sorrow at this terrible time.

FUCK CANCER

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Awful news. Huber always spoke of his brother with such reverance. Love and Respect to him and his family.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Rough man it was beautiful hearing him talk about playing Fortnite with his brother and using that to connect with him more while he was in hospital...this fucking hurts.

Status
Not open for further replies.