• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
fair enough, it might not be dipping but it's certainly stagnating which is almost as bad.
I don't agree that stagnation is almost as bad, it seems normal to me that there are periods of stagnation over time. It's impossible to only grow without stagnation or decline here and there. I'm sure they got a good view on why people stopped being a patron through the exit survey.

I would agree if it was happening for a full year, but their number of patrons is still close to the highest it ever was and moneywise they are still relatively close as there are still plenty of sponsor slots open which weren't open on their highest peak.

I don't think there is anything to worry about.

Karu

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That's one way to get me to re-subscribe... one day after cancelling... @survey :D :D

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I have two things to say:

Thanks to Bloodworth for always coming in here with his perspectives on EZA.

I've had enough RE2. :P

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
Don't worry gang, there's still another 45+ hours of games to complain about yet to be revealed! 😂

Kidding, kidding. Looking forward to that list next Tuesday though!

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
Probably was a bit of a faux pas, but I did throw in a few show pitches for new goals. Stuff like a tabletop show, and more short-run series.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
I love RE2make but yeah, I'm not sure I want to see them play it again this soon.

What I do want to see is the fucking Damiani RE3 redemption stream. It's been an entire bloody year and I really don't understand why it hasn't happened yet.

chirt

Oct 25, 2017
I might just be really dumb, but I don't see the difference between these two questions;

Is there a new Easy Allies Patreon goal you would like to see?

and

Is there a Patreon reward tier you would like to see?

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I might just be really dumb, but I don't see the difference between these two questions;

Is there a new Easy Allies Patreon goal you would like to see?

and

Is there a Patreon reward tier you would like to see?
I believe a patreon goal would be like the studio or full playthrough funday, a dollar amount that when reached enables them to produce the content promised at that tier. A patreon reward tier would be for the individual backer, like $5 for early access or $7 for the film club.

chirt

Oct 25, 2017
I believe a patreon goal would be like the studio or full playthrough funday, a dollar amount that when reached enables them to produce the content promised at that tier. A patreon reward tier would be for the individual backer, like $5 for early access or $7 for the film club.

Yup I'm really dumb.

That makes sense ha

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
While I think the survey is a good idea, I don't think it's been very well thought out. It's going to be a lot tougher to get any sense of a consensus from 5 free form text fields. Adding in some simple introductory questions like "What shows do you currently watch as they come out"? "What category of our shows do you most enjoy"? "What's your current Patreon pledge"?. All they're going to get at the moment is a smorgasboard of feedback with the ability to maybe quantify how much a certain term comes up.

Wasted opportunity imo.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
While I think the survey is a good idea, I don't think it's been very well thought out. It's going to be a lot tougher to get any sense of a consensus from 5 free form text fields. Adding in some simple introductory questions like "What shows do you currently watch as they come out"? "What category of our shows do you most enjoy"? "What's your current Patreon pledge"?. All they're going to get at the moment is a smorgasboard of feedback with the ability to maybe quantify how much a certain term comes up.

Wasted opportunity imo.

No reason why it can't be refined after this if needs be. A lot of user research on the website I work for works like this

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017

Wasted opportunity imo.

I don't think this was meant to derive any kind of consensus - it is just a good means to get Patron involvement and collect real opinions from your most regular viewers. I would suspect we may see other surveys in the future, but this is a good first step IMO.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017

Wasted opportunity imo.

Yeah the questions we have to answer are fine but they really should have had some actual polling in there about shows so they could see the real numbers for how popular things are.

Also I added in that they need to bring back "I love last gen!" next year.

Oct 25, 2017
A survey is better than no survey. Sure, more data is always nice? But sometimes, it's not always for the best. You can get too granular and obsessed with the data and lose focus. I also super-duper hate surveys that ask me to rate stuff or whatever, so I'm glad this was just writing. Because I like writing.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
I want HARD DATA

I'd looooove if they did something just like the Nerdfighteria Census (It's the community for vlogbrothers/john and hank green; here is the link https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/5S9C52R)
I get you as I do agree that it's probably not going to be easy to filter out what people want with the poll EZA have set up. That said, 50+ questions is a bit much. A lot of people won't take the 30+ minutes (probably closer to an hour) it takes to fill that out.

I guess a happy medium is probably the best option.
I honestly think EZA's poll is fine.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Fully expecting this to play in the series finale in Jordy's final battle.

But seriously, this is great. Love that Ian took part in it.

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
Really good Reaction Shots this month (still making my way through it). Not sure who all here watches them, but when it goes public I would highly recommend this one - the topic is movie scores (musical scores). Nice job Ian!

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't necessarily be a big fan of seeing it again either, and it is probably my game of the year (it is between that and Sekiro).

Yeah. RE2 remake is great, but 2 full playthroughs in half a year is enough.

I mentioned this before, but I'd still like to see a full playthrough of Sonic Adventure 1 (or 2, I think either is good though beginning of 1 has more of a beach vibe to it I think)

giphy.gif

They have a ton of cheesy dialogue and is about 10 hours long.

Last edited:

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else hoping for a Mario Odyssey playthrough?

Damiani's blind Odyssey playthrough at launch is one of my all-time favs...I still go back and watch the Twitch VOD because it was broken into three long parts...not sure it ever made it to YouTube. He eventually played it again right after in a speed-run essentially and I think that was uploaded.

Hikari_Ryu

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
Anyone else thinks Kyle should play megaman legends to show the allies why it deserves to be one of the greats?

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
Them Russian hackers gonna get you!

I get what people mean about too many questions scaring people off surveys. But I can't help but feel something as simple as knowing what the persons current pledge is would be really helpful for them as part of that data.

For example, it's probably wise to value the opinions of the $1 patrons on what new reward tier they would like a bit more, because there's more room for increasing the pledge, and there's clearly nothing there currently that entices them enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.