• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Dang, that Kyle tidbit is a bummer, but it is expected. Until Box Peek is done he's probably not going to commit to anything else. With that said...he should really get Box Peek done. Crazy by the time it is all done it will likely be a 30 month or so endeavor. While I thoroughly enjoy Box Peek, it's a shame to think of all the things we might have missed out on because of it.

About streams: Easy Allies does so, so many things well, but solo streams and everything they do around them just aren't it at all. They're largely empty calories that hardly excite anyone but the most "ride or die" EZA hardcore. They also seemingly don't have a consistent schedule besides Kyle who starts at the most absolute lunatic time of all-time (9pm Pacific time on a Friday, which means for probably a large majority it starts after midnight). They also are terrible at social media and tweeting about anything they do. Like, I don't want to get into this once again, but on all 9 of their individual Twitter accounts (which some have tens of thousands of followers), not one of them tweeted once that they were playing games for 50 hours straight from a beach house for Easy Livin'. That's just bonkers behavior from a group that makes their livelihood by people knowing about what they are doing.

I can say a lot about group streams and having a consistent schedule, but I'll just let it be for right now.

Here's a hope/dream that I think might be somewhat realistic - evolve Frame Trap to a weekly show that also covers the news. I love Frame Trap, but it's a bummer sometimes going a few months without hearing what they are all playing due to their rotation schedule. This also allows more timely news to be covered and complement the EZA podcast. I adore the EZA podcast, but often they're wayyy late on news (recording on a new day isn't going to fix this) and It's their nature to usually cover a small amount of topics.

Jan 4, 2018
This definitely lessened my hype.

I really hope they'll announce something cool for $5 patrons, because with the podcast change I can see myself dropping to $1. I just don't listen to podcasts on weekends. Getting the podcast midweek was pretty much the only reason why I supported on that level.
Just to be clear, Kyle was only talking about himself in terms of not having a lot to announce. He also made it clear we should be excited for the other Allies/Phase 4 in general (although I'd still keep expectations realistic, but that's just a me thing).

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Here's a hope/dream that I think might be somewhat realistic - evolve Frame Trap to a weekly show that also covers the news. I love Frame Trap, but it's a bummer sometimes going a few months without hearing what they are all playing due to their rotation schedule. This also allows more timely news to be covered and complement the EZA podcast. I adore the EZA podcast, but often they're wayyy late on news (recording on a new day isn't going to fix this) and It's their nature to usually cover a small amount of topics.
I think the long rotations are kind of necessary to allow them to play games other than whatever they're reviewing. If they were on once a month for instance they may just not have enough to say.

Kinda Funny has this issue since they have so many shows. Greg and Tim are too busy to play many games, yet they still have a weekly show plus daily news shows, so they usually just talk about the same two games every single week.

Keith Stat

Oct 25, 2017
I think the long rotations are kind of necessary to allow them to play games other than whatever they're reviewing. If they were on once a month for instance they may just not have enough to say.

Kinda Funny has this issue since they have so many shows. Greg and Tim are too busy to play many games, yet they still have a weekly show plus daily news shows, so they usually just talk about the same two games every single week.

Ehh, I'm not really buying that if they were all on once per month or so they'd struggle to say what they were playing. If they don't have any "meat," no biggie as someone else could probably pick up the slack. Besides Ben, this wouldn't be a weekly "thing" for them and I've heard other podcasts do the weekly thing well without a rotating crew.

But to be clear, I'm with you wholeheartedly on what should be the goal of every Frame Trap and that is to constantly be expanding what formerly might have felt as the threshold of hearing them talk about games, but then constantly be wrong as longer is better. Just think that assisting with the news would help accomplish that and also make the EZA pod a more timely thing as well.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Back to 4 people

Weekly

4 hours per episode

Done
I love Frame Trap, but I hope it won't be weekly (or even longer). It will be nigh on impossible to fit it in each week for me.
Except if weekly Frame Traps mean shorter Frame Traps if they have less to talk about (but probably even if that's the case).

I really enjoyed it being 4 people, but my guess to go to 3 people is because it's not as easy to plan in their schedule if it's going for 4+ hours each time.
I honestly don't even notice it being 3 people any more.

Bloodworth

Oct 28, 2017
They also are terrible at social media and tweeting about anything they do. Like, I don't want to get into this once again, but on all 9 of their individual Twitter accounts (which some have tens of thousands of followers), not one of them tweeted once that they were playing games for 50 hours straight from a beach house for Easy Livin'. That's just bonkers behavior from a group that makes their livelihood by people knowing about what they are doing.
The official account was very active throughout the weekend, and much of the team doesn't spend a lot of time posting on social media in general. I don't see what the point is of telling people what to do with their personal accounts. Not every part of our lives has to exist for the purpose of maximizing the business.

Keith Stat

Oct 25, 2017
The official account was very active throughout the weekend, and much of the team doesn't spend a lot of time posting on social media in general. I don't see what the point is of telling people what to do with their personal accounts. Not every part of our lives has to exist for the purpose of maximizing the business.

I struggle to respond to this because I can tell there's a fundamental philosophical difference here, but I'll just say that I don't think you need to "tell people what to do" with their accounts, it's more that they should inherently know it raises awareness and promotes the event and it is fun! An event that is not private in nature and only serves to benefit by people knowing about it. Also, you guys are all pretty public with your twitter handles.

The community art was a nice touch, but there were no highlights or anecdotes and basically the only sliver of personality shown the entire weekend on social media looking back at it was Shrek in the garbage can. That was funny! It's strange there's basically no behind the scenes of anything Easy Livin' or Easy Allies (besides a few clips in Ian/Don 3) and you're the only group that doesn't have an Instagram to show things like that off.

I don't know. It's just this weird disconnect where EZA in all things they do oozes charisma and creativity and the fact that their social media presence is so dry is kind of glaring when it's a free way to promote everything that you do. I know it's difficult having 9 members and one main account and it being passed around, but that seems like something Phase 4 can hopefully improve upon.

Bloodworth

Oct 28, 2017
I struggle to respond to this because I can tell there's a fundamental philosophical difference here, but I'll just say that I don't think you need to "tell people what to do" with their accounts, it's more that they should inherently know it raises awareness and promotes the event and it is fun! An event that is not private in nature and only serves to benefit by people knowing about it. Also, you guys are all pretty public with your twitter handles.

The community art was a nice touch, but there were no highlights or anecdotes and basically the only sliver of personality shown the entire weekend on social media looking back at it was Shrek in the garbage can. That was funny! It's strange there's basically no behind the scenes of anything Easy Livin' or Easy Allies (besides a few clips in Ian/Don 3) and you're the only group that doesn't have an Instagram to show things like that off.

I don't know. It's just this weird disconnect where EZA in all things they do oozes charisma and creativity and the fact that their social media presence is so dry is kind of glaring when it's a free way to promote everything that you do. I know it's difficult having 9 members and one main account and it being passed around, but that seems like something Phase 4 can hopefully improve upon.
I don't think it should be all that surprising when you actually look at our accounts. Most of us aren't even posting once per day. I'll comment on things I think are interesting, but I'm certainly not posting photos of myself everywhere I go. What you think should be inherent or natural, I'd argue comes from someone who spends a lot of their time on social media. If you don't, none of that is even a passing thought. I saw Shrek in the garbage, and that moment struck me as being immediately postable, but even looking back on it, there wasn't a whole lot happening off camera that seemed worth sharing.

TK-421

Nov 30, 2017
Death Star
Brandon said today on CoJ there will be a reaction stream on the 19th for at least Gamescom opening night live. We'll see if they do anything for Inside Xbox or Stadia Connect as well.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be interested (dreading) to see if Stadia tries to snatch up some exclusives. Announcements like Baldur's Gate 3 are nice but I can just as easily play it on my PC instead of streaming on Stadia.

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Are they gonna present Phase 4 with a chart like Marvel does it every time?
hawk1-828x435.jpg

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus christ. Listening to the comments about HoG that Jones has to read. This community can really suck sometimes.

I hope Ian takes it to 11 and fucks y'all up next HoG

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
About streams: Easy Allies does so, so many things well, but solo streams and everything they do around them just aren't it at all. They're largely empty calories that hardly excite anyone but the most "ride or die" EZA hardcore.

i recently saw a twitch statistics thing and i don't know how accurate they are but the view numbers they get are abysmal and viewer counts on EZA plays aren't exactly high either. I always wonder why they stream so much if nobody is watching but i guess they must have their data.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Jesus christ. Listening to the comments about HoG that Jones has to read. This community can really suck sometimes.

I couldn't stand the sound either to be honest (which made it hard to watch/listen to his video) and I complained about it enough on here. I even missed his video after I just saw some quotes he read and just listened to it with the sound dialed down (I missed the spiders and stuff like that). That being said, I do agree with you that the reactions in CoJ went somewhat over the top. Asking for repercussions is somewhat weird to me. Also, complaining to Jones about stuff that happens on other shows is such a weird thing, it doesn't make sense to me at all.

I really hope it's a one-off thing as I do believe it would be better if they try to get a game in the HoG (I don't agree with Jones that he tried to get FF VII into the HoG), but it's not the end of the world either (punishing someone over this seems rather extreme as he didn't do anything wrong except that he killed off some enjoyment for some people (me included)). I am just somewhat afraid that he doesn't feel like participating in the HoG any more and that this is the start of slowly killing off HoG.

It is what it is to me. I'm not going to look differently at Ian for that video. I usually love his weird videos, but I couldn't enjoy this one at all as it hurted my ears too much. I probably would have been ok with it if it didn't have the distorted voice (although I would still think it's a type of video for Easy Update and not for HoG).

That being said, hoping for him to kill the enjoyment for people is somewhat weird to me (and actually kind of disgusting in it's own right), but I'll play with you. Let's hope he finds a way to do the same for you next time (I honestly hope this doesn't happen again in the near future).

You are basically asking for people to stop watching HoG. That's going to do wonders for EZA and HoG. Just take into account that if people stumbled upon that stream or VOD they will probably not return.

Last edited:

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
i recently saw a twitch statistics thing and i don't know how accurate they are but the view numbers they get are abysmal and viewer counts on EZA plays aren't exactly high either. I always wonder why they stream so much if nobody is watching but i guess they must have their data.
As fun as streams are, only a handful of diehard fans will ever watch a full stream because most people just simply dont have the time to spend watching that much content. Most people have work, family and other commitments so adding long streams becomes a chore.

Maybe an idea would be that if they are dead set on streaming long play throughs, dont just upload them to YouTube but make shorter condensed videos that are like 15-20 minutes long and can be consumed not only by hardcore people but also to catch those who arent as aware of EA as we all are. Would give them extra exposure and allow more people to keep up to date and in the loop with whats going on.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
As fun as streams are, only a handful of diehard fans will ever watch a full stream because most people just simply dont have the time to spend watching that much content. Most people have work, family and other commitments so adding long streams becomes a chore.
yeah, i simply can't watch streams and they are honestly not even that good most of the times. I watch a few minutes of Kyle's here and there because he has the personality to carry a solo stream.

The EZA audience feels older to me than many gaming outlets but they seem to cater mostly to teenagers that have time watching streams on twitch.

eko

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Maybe an idea would be that if they are dead set on streaming long play throughs, dont just upload them to YouTube but make shorter condensed videos that are like 15-20 minutes long and can be consumed not only by hardcore people but also to catch those who arent as aware of EA as we all are. Would give them extra exposure and allow more people to keep up to date and in the loop with whats going on.

I think a format similar to the one used on TTE would work wonders. Each 2 or 3 weeks they could privately record a long gaming session, split it on episodes of 45 or 60 minutes max and release them weekly on their main youtube channel.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
I think a format similar to the one used on TTE would work wonders. Each 2 or 3 weeks they could privately record a long gaming session, split it on episodes of 45 or 60 minutes max and release them weekly on their main youtube channel.
The reason why Easy Allies Plays exists is because some people complained about putting the streams on the main channel and being spammed by streams they weren't interested in. I personally wouldn't care either way as I am subbed to both (even though I hardly ever watch the streams) and I just don't watch the things I don't have time for, but I suspect they would get the same reaction if it was a weekly thing (but who knows).
Really hyped for the podcast time change! Works perfect for me.
I'm glad you are and that it seems to be split about people who don't like it as much (like myself) and people who are happy with the change.
That makes me at least feel a bit better about it.

It depends on how and when you usually watch the podcast and where you live, what your job is and so on.

I do think Europeans (and probably people from Asia and Australia as well) are getting the short hand of the stick with this change in general.

If they are used to watch/listen to the podcast during the weekends, especially if they aren't patrons it means the podcast will probably drop during the night/morning from Sunday on Monday. You might get a couple of patrons out non-US people who are used to consume the podcast during weekends.

If they are used to watch/listen to it during work, it's even worse.
I am just somewhat afraid that some people will drop from $5 to $1 because there are not a lot of reasons to go to or stay at to the $5 tier if they are used to listen to the podcast during work. The podcast drops during the weekend anyway (or even on Monday for Europeans and Asians/Australians), which makes it even less enticing as they can listen to the podcast during work on Monday without having to be at the $5 tier.

But even though I have complained enough about this, I know there is probably a good reason for this change (clearing up time schedule wise).
So we will see.

Last edited:

Urbannomad123

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rugby, England

My big hope tonight is that they show some improvements in the game-playing part of their content. Streaming on Twitch then dumping the streams on EasyAllies Plays doesn't feel sufficient anymore. On this I want to see them follow the example of other channels (like Eurogamer) and make more of a show out of game-play, edit the contents and put a viewer friendly video on the main channel that isn't too long too watch.

Oct 27, 2017
But the Allies are hyping this one up. They are making a big deal out of it (first ever survey, 10+ hours meeting, reveal stream, "Phase 4"), so yes, of course I'm expecting big announcements.
lol reveal stream? It's just during their regular group stream. And their 10+ hours meeting doesn't mean so much, they do long ass meeting just for a Top 10 lol. The only hype they did is a couple of tweets. Don't expect too much i think. There will be new stuff and probably new visuals (CoJ teased it if i understood that correctly) but don't expect a complete overhaul of everything.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
I also don't believe this has been posted here (or I missed it)

I think they are going to announce something about Mysterious Monsters during the stream.
This one seemed very specifically targeted at new audiences participating in the game (but I might have read that wrong).

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2019
Hey guys, finally decided to join! English isn't my first language so try to bare with me :) I've been following this group of guys since college. So about eight years. And obviously been a patron since day one.

I'm also very hyped for Phase 4. I would like to see less individual streams and more edited short form content (EZA Clips, Dont Skip, Don's Design Lab, making Achieve It Yourself a regular thing). Also hoping for weekly Full Playthrough Friday episodes, about 2-3 hours in length, at least 2-3 Allies present. And since it would be a show, they should post in on their main channel. Not bury it to Easy Allies Plays.

And what should they get rid of? Hard to say. But personally I could live without Reaction Shots, Game Sleuth and long seasons of TTE.

Aside from that "possible repercussions" line, those questions were fine. There is nothing wrong with patrons sending COJ their concerns and presenting them in a polite way. I also haven't always agreed with EZA community, but that's life I guess.
Probably wouldn't be a good business move...

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
The reason why Easy Allies Plays exists is because some people complained about putting the streams on the main channel and being spammed by streams they weren't interested in. I personally wouldn't care either way as I am subbed to both (even though I hardly ever watch the streams) and I just don't watch the things I don't have time for, but I suspect they would get the same reaction if it was a weekly thing (but who knows).

I'm glad you are and that it seems to be split about people who don't like it as much (like myself) and people who are happy with the change.
That makes me at least feel a bit better about it.

It depends on how and when you usually watch the podcast and where you live, what your job is and so on.

I do think Europeans (and probably people from Asia and Australia as well) are getting the short hand of the stick with this change in general.

If they are used to watch/listen to the podcast during the weekends, especially if they aren't patrons it means the podcast will probably drop during the night/morning from Sunday on Monday. You might get a couple of patrons out non-US people who are used to consume the podcast during weekends.

If they are used to watch/listen to it during work, it's even worse.
I am just somewhat afraid that some people will drop from $5 to $1 because there are not a lot of reasons to go to or stay at to the $5 tier if they are used to listen to the podcast during work. The podcast drops during the weekend anyway (or even on Monday for Europeans and Asians/Australians), which makes it even less enticing as they can listen to the podcast during work on Monday without having to be at the $5 tier.

But even though I have complained enough about this, I know there is probably a good reason for this change (clearing up time schedule wise).
So we will see.

I live in Austria, I listen to the podcasts during commute or when I go to the gym.

I only listen to podcast, rarely watch them but I can understand where you are coming from.
I will also confess that I am not a patron, I don't listen/watch every show they make but I do enjoy the EZA Podcast and Frametrap the most and I just recently discovered reaction shots in podcast format.

What I want to say is that I feel like I have no real right to critique any change as I am not contributing in any way, just gotta roll with it.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
yeah, i simply can't watch streams and they are honestly not even that good most of the times. I watch a few minutes of Kyle's here and there because he has the personality to carry a solo stream.

The EZA audience feels older to me than many gaming outlets but they seem to cater mostly to teenagers that have time watching streams on twitch.
Honestly I think the way EA have decided to run the channel can be quite counter productive and hap hazard at times.

I appreciate that they have their analytics and want to work a certain way but they do need to start treating it more like an actual business instead of just something they do. That doesnt mean content has to dramatically change or anything but just certain things would greatly help them.

Using Social media more to promote themselves. As another poster pointed out, members not promoting their own streams or group streams shouldnt happen and could easily be implemented. I appreciate Blood feels like its not worth it or that they dont want to impose on peoples personal twitter accounts but your business is the people in the group so that is all part and parcel with promotion. It would would also be really easy to sort out, hell just set up a Hootsuite account, link everyones social accounts and schedule in tweets would be better than nothing. The excuse of 'well i dont use social so whats the point' simply isnt good enough when implementing a simply change of 'if you are going to stream give at least 1 hours notice before on social' isnt a big deal and should be standard practice.

More structured, shorter shows. Long streams can be fun but most people dont have time for them all and when you arent engaging with most of the content being produced it can easily start to feel like you are detached from the channel instead of fully engaged. Other than special occasions (interviews, awards, HOG etc) the only long videos that should go on the main channel is the podcasts. Any long streams that are done need to have condensed videos uploaded to the main channel so you are promoting them and also allowing others who dont have the time to engage, Thats how many of the big YouTube streamers do it, spend hours streaming with your hardcore audience and then upload 10-20 videos for the masses to consume. Much more engaging and easily accessible.

Again I appreciate that there are many factors in play, not everyone being full time and not everyone having the same drive for certain aspects but at the end of the day if you want to make the business sustainable you need to have some structure and minimum requirements put in place. Easy Allies are one of the most successful Patreons yet in many ways it still feels like an upstart in comparison to how well oiled some of the other machines are running.

Lastly i dont want people thinking that im being overly critical because i do love the Allies, support them on Patreon and want whats best for them all. Its just that there are certain things they could be doing much better and help them continue to grow and have security and who knows, eventually get everyone full time and dedicated to coming in more often to do more stuff then is currently possible.

eko

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

Well, I'm imagining it more like a full feature show rather than a regular solo streaming, so I'd personally place it on the main channel

Anyway, I hope you are all ready for the announcement of the new Sex & Politics podcast hosted by Bosman

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
I live in Austria, I listen to the podcasts during commute or when I go to the gym.

I only listen to podcast, rarely watch them but I can understand where you are coming from.
I will also confess that I am not a patron, I don't listen/watch every show they make but I do enjoy the EZA Podcast and Frametrap the most and I just recently discovered reaction shots in podcast format.

What I want to say is that I feel like I have no real right to critique any change as I am not contributing in any way, just gotta roll with it.
I can totally understand that it's a better schedule for you if you listen during commute and you live in Europe and aren't a patron (which isn't a problem btw, no need to feel guilty about that). For non-US fans that aren't a patron or are at the $1 tier the new podcast schedule is probably a better deal except if they want to consume it during the weekend.

But I totally understand that this change all depends on how and when you watch or listen to the podcast. It will be great for some and worse for others.
That's how it goes. It also doesn't matter too much as long as they don't lose too much funding over it.

I'm sure I will get used to it.
Well, I'm imagining it more like a full feature show rather than a regular solo streaming, so I'd personally place it on the main channel

Anyway, I hope you are all ready for the announcement of the new Sex & Politics podcast hosted by Bosman
I'm subscribed to Eurogamer, but don't have time to watch their stuff, so I never caught that show.
I guess it should work if it's more of a show, but again I never complained about the streams being on the main channel to begin with (even though I do get why it can be a good idea to split them up).

Also, welcome the_finnish_ally!

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
eventually get everyone full time and dedicated to coming in more often to do more stuff then is currently possible.

correct me if i'm wrong but they are all already working full time at easy allies besides obviously Don. Kyle does the occasional Keighley thing 2-3 times a year and iirc Ian does some outside work too but i don't know for sure.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
correct me if i'm wrong but they are all already working full time at easy allies besides obviously Don. Kyle does the occasional Keighley thing 2-3 times a year maybe Ian does some outside work too but i don't know.
Last I heard was that only some were full time but otherwise a few weren't.

Maybe things are different now but would need confirmation from someone on that.

If most are full time then it's an even bigger issue with the content they are putting out.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Last I heard was that only some were full time but otherwise a few weren't.

Maybe things are different now but would need confirmation from someone on that.

If most are full time then it's an even bigger issue with the content they are putting out.
There isn't a "full-time" thing in the sense that they are all working a lot of hours on EZA.

The only person that has an other job is Don (with Funhaus) and maybe Ian is doing some freelance things next to EZA.
Kyle sometimes has a job with Keighley.

I think you can consider everyone but Don as "full-time". At least from what I remember from Jones' answer on one of the CoJ episodes.

But I don't think you can really think of it as "full-time" any more. They are all working their asses off for EZA.
It just isn't a company like GT was in the sense that they don't have an office job. You can't really compare that imo.

I also don't think there is a problem with content output. There is too much for me to consume as is.

DannyVice

Oct 25, 2017
I just wanna shoutout to Damiani and whoever edits Friend Code for putting in gameplay sometimes when games are being discussed, it's such a minor thing for someone but it truly (imo) gives the whole podcast a lift.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
I just wanna shoutout to Damiani and whoever edits Friend Code for putting in gameplay sometimes when games are being discussed, it's such a minor thing for someone but it truly (imo) gives the whole podcast a lift.
I agree. I was a bit bummed that I wasn't able to watch it during the weekends (this one I usually do watch during the weekends) as it released during the night for me on Monday, but it obviously takes a bit more time to edit. It's great that Damiani edits these himself (I believe anyway) and I honestly really enjoyed the endresult with the gameplay running through the video.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
There isn't a "full-time" thing in the sense that they are all working a lot of hours on EZA.

The only person that has an other job is Don (with Funhaus) and maybe Ian is doing some freelance things next to EZA.
Kyle sometimes has a job with Keighley.

I think you can consider everyone but Don as "full-time". At least from what I remember from Jones' answer on one of the CoJ episodes.

But I don't think you can really think of it as "full-time" any more. They are all working their asses off for EZA.
It just isn't a company like GT was in the sense that they don't have an office job. You can't really compare that imo.

I also don't think there is a problem with content output. There is too much for me to consume as is.
Thanks for clarifying.

As for the content comment, I dont think they arent putting out enough but they could easily be focusing their efforts into more fruitful content. Often it feels like other than reviews or podcasts, many allies simply choose to do long streams. Could just be how I see it and backstage things are much different but from my perspective it might be better to reduce the streams to work on other stuff or at least cut them a little and put some work into editing shorter and more accessible videos for the main channel.

Things like that would make a big difference to their output, having more structure and less content that feels a little aimless. Again just my perspective and maybe everyone thinks differently.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Thanks for clarifying.

As for the content comment, I dont think they arent putting out enough but they could easily be focusing their efforts into more fruitful content. Often it feels like other than reviews or podcasts, many allies simply choose to do long streams. Could just be how I see it and backstage things are much different but from my perspective it might be better to reduce the streams to work on other stuff or at least cut them a little and put some work into editing shorter and more accessible videos for the main channel.

Things like that would make a big difference to their output, having more structure and less content that feels a little aimless. Again just my perspective and maybe everyone thinks differently.
I totally agree that this perception and perspective is different for everyone. I think a lot of them choose to do streams because they can do those during their "off-time" from home (talk about "crunch"). I personally don't watch a lot of those either because of a lack of time, but I did enjoy the parts I did watch.

We will have to wait what changes they will bring to the table with the phase 4 changes. I hope they can find a way to at least make everybody happy with some of the changes.

Also keep in mind that they missed a couple of people over the last half a year or so. That for sure didn't help.

Ddalgi

Aug 7, 2019
I have to agree with the Social Media aspect. I absolutely get what Blood is saying, I also often have a hard time with Social Media and don't engage at all, especially on Twitter/Facebook/Instagram etc. But I think that in the current time, it's just a waste to not use Social Media in every way possible.

The official "Easy Allies" account on Twitter is posting about streams that they do, which is wonderful, but I do believe there needs to be more from the other Allies. Ben and Damiani do post about streams that they do, which is great. That should be something everyone does, especially when they are doing solo streams. I get that not everyone likes posting stuff, but if you think about it rationally, how long does it take ? Doing a Tweet might take 1-3 minutes and considering the result being more views, comments and engagement in general, it's absolutely worth it. Especially when the alternative is, well, having absolutley no presence for weeks.

I also think sharing BTS footage through the official account or a separate account (Instagram) is a great way to connect with the audience. It doesn't have to be anything spectacular. Blood is saying that he can't think of any moments worth sharing during Easy Living, you'd be surprised how many fans would enjoy the simplest things. Someone sitting on the couch, someone eating, just a picture of someone playing, a picture of the beach etc. These are just some examples, because honestly, everything would work.

Want to have (more) private space and not post everything? Fair point. But then you can do that during work in the studio. Just a picture taken with the phone of the Allies shooting a Podcast saying "Recording our Podcast" can do wonders. It's really simple, but so effective.

I know, at the end of the day it's the Allies decision on how they want to handle their Social Media presence, but there is a reason why (almost) every company is so active on Instagram and Twitter.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I have to agree with the Social Media aspect. I absolutely get what Blood is saying, I also often have a hard time with Social Media and don't engage at all, especially on Twitter/Facebook/Instagram etc. But I think that in the current time, it's just a waste to not use Social Media in every way possible.

The official "Easy Allies" account on Twitter is posting about streams that they do, which is wonderful, but I do believe there needs to be more from the other Allies. Ben and Damiani do post about streams that they do, which is great. That should be something everyone does, especially when they are doing solo streams. I get that not everyone likes posting stuff, but if you think about it rationally, how long does it take ? Doing a Tweet might take 1-3 minutes and considering the result being more views, comments and engagement in general, it's absolutely worth it. Especially when the alternative is, well, having absolutley no presence for weeks.

I also think sharing BTS footage through the official account or a separate account (Instagram) is a great way to connect with the audience. It doesn't have to be anything spectacular. Blood is saying that he can't think of any moments worth sharing during Easy Living, you'd be surprised how many fans would enjoy the simplest things. Someone sitting on the couch, someone eating, just a picture of someone playing, a picture of the beach etc. These are just some examples, because honestly, everything would work.

Want to have (more) private space and not post everything? Fair point. But then you can do that during work in the studio. Just a picture taken with the phone of the Allies shooting a Podcast saying "Recording our Podcast" can do wonders. It's really simple, but so effective.

I know, at the end of the day it's the Allies decision on how they want to handle their Social Media presence, but there is a reason why (almost) every company is so active on Instagram and Twitter.
Yep, exactly what i was getting at.

Im personally not that into social media (other than reset and some twitter) but I do use it for my job and im always learning and trying to evolve what we are doing. Of course my work isnt the same industry so we have to do things slightly differently but for something like the Allies they should be doing things much more thoroughly then they are.

Doesnt take a lot of work, maybe just get them all spending some time in a meeting to think up about ideas on what additional content they could do (you had some good suggestions) and getting a formula put in place for everyone to follow.

Every show - backstage picture/video
Always promote any shows you are involved in ahead of time
Tie in with # and standardised naming conventions to increase the chance of people finding other, connected content.

Just little things like that would help them a lot, not just for attracting people now but also collating a good library of content for people new to them to see. Someone new comes along and finds a humorous post, decides to take a look at the account and gets a good idea of who the person/group is and feels more likely to engage further.

Status
Not open for further replies.