• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloodworth

Oct 28, 2017
Jolly stream

Edit: It kinda blows my mind every single time, when Kyle knows about German things, like "Game One" and other stuff.
Game One was actually connected to GT back in the day, about 12 years ago. I wasn't really involved, but before GTTV, we were producing a Game One TV show hosted by Daniel Kayser and Amanda MacKay. Geoff was producing Game Head at the same time, and then they decided to combine both shows to make GTTV.

Ddalgi

Aug 7, 2019
Game One was actually connected to GT back in the day, about 12 years ago. I wasn't really involved, but before GTTV, we were producing a Game One TV show hosted by Daniel Kayser and Amanda MacKay. Geoff was producing Game Head at the same time, and then they decided to combine both shows to make GTTV.

Oh wow, I didn't know about this. That's really interesting.

Oct 27, 2017
Insert post here complaining about how they don't promote streams on the EZA twitter account
Yeah.. Blood is sick, but i dont get how this is not an automatic thing the streamer do. 1h before a stream, the person streaming tweets about it on the official EZA twitter. They should have some basic rules around these things

Last edited:

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
It's also super easy to forget when you're setting up a bunch of little details trying to get the stream started, particularly if you're not in the habit of it. "Mandating it" doesn't do anything for your memory.
I mean this in the nicest possible way but that's a terrible excuse.

These things should be standard practice, I appreciate getting set up is time consuming but making sure you actually advertise things should be one of the first things you check off.

Again no disrespect but regularly not doing stuff like this comes across as amateur when none of you are.

Bloodworth

Oct 28, 2017
I mean this in the nicest possible way but that's a terrible excuse.

These things should be standard practice, I appreciate getting set up is time consuming but making sure you actually advertise things should be one of the first things you check off.

Again no disrespect but regularly not doing stuff like this comes across as amateur when none of you are.
It's not a "regular" problem and most of the viewers that are going to tune in are coming from Twitch notifications. I get that it should be done, and I tweeted out about it when I noticed, but it's probably going to amount to like 15 more viewers.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
It's not a "regular" problem and most of the viewers that are going to tune in are coming from Twitch notifications. I get that it should be done, and I tweeted out about it when I noticed, but it's probably going to amount to like 15 more viewers.
Well that's entirely up to you and your free to run the business however you feel is best.

Just don't be surprised if others think it's a glaring oversight that any modern business, especially one that's online focused, shouldn't be making.

Oct 27, 2017
It's also super easy to forget when you're setting up a bunch of little details trying to get the stream started, particularly if you're not in the habit of it. "Mandating it" doesn't do anything for your memory.
Not a joke: put something obstructing the cam (a sign or something) that says 'tweet/post about coming event' maybe?
It could also be an A4 paper you put on the couch when noone sits on it. I dunno. After a month, you wont even need it anymore as this will become a habit

Oct 27, 2017
It's not a "regular" problem and most of the viewers that are going to tune in are coming from Twitch notifications.

'and most of the viewers that are going to tune in are coming from Twitch notifications.'

That's kinda the problem tbh.. You guys are not trying very hard to reach a new audience..
What would do wonders is a weekly visual representation of the streaming calendar (something like you did for EZ Livin'). Its easy to share and retweet whenever.

Bloodworth

Oct 28, 2017
Well that's entirely up to you and your free to run the business however you feel is best.

Just don't be surprised if others think it's a glaring oversight that any modern business, especially one that's online focused, shouldn't be making.
It's just the severity that you treat the issue. Ok, we forgot to tweet. Just kindly remind whoever's streaming from chat.
I grab it most of the time for group stream, but I wasn't around when they started.

Bloodworth

Oct 28, 2017
'and most of the viewers that are going to tune in are coming from Twitch notifications.'

That's kinda the problem tbh.. You guys are not trying very hard to reach a new audience..
What would do wonders is a weekly visual representation of the streaming calendar (something like you did for EZ Livin'). Its easy to share and retweet whenever.
Sure, I've done that sort of thing at times in the past, but a lot of the games weren't locked in yet this week. I also think with time, people will just get used to Huber and Damiani having this slot every week.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
It's just the severity that you treat the issue. Ok, we forgot to tweet. Just kindly remind whoever's streaming from chat.
I grab it most of the time for group stream, but I wasn't around when they started.
I have said that I appreciate how hard it is to work and said you can run the business how you see fit, not sure exactly how I'm being 'severe'?

And to be fair, it isn't the viewers role to remind you that you aren't doing a standard piece of online work that seems to happen quite frequently.

Again, it's no skin off my nose so it's totally up to the group on how they handle this but it is something that keeps getting brought up so maybe it needs to be looked at internally instead of asking the audience to do it for you or coming down on fans who are just surprised that this is happening.

Deleted member 28523

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
so there's a bunch of gamescom trailers? any word on trailer jones? I know we're still waiting on the Cats trailer review with Amanda.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, just saw they have Ashly and Elyse on the new Mysterious Monsters? That's hype lol.

Also pumped for the next LiS 2 Spoiler Mode!

Cannon_Fodder

Oct 27, 2017
I have said that I appreciate how hard it is to work and said you can run the business how you see fit, not sure exactly how I'm being 'severe'?
I assume this was a hypothetical question, but even as a lurker I thought your tone was confrontational (though I would have used the phrase "passive aggressive" rather than "severe"). Especially the bolded bit.

Regardless of how valid your point may or may not be, I certainly wouldn't have appreciated that phrasing. I mean, calling a missed tweet for a silly stream a "glaring oversight that any modern business" would avoid? Seriously?
Just my two cents though.

Bloodworth

Oct 28, 2017

And to be fair, it isn't the viewers role to remind you that you aren't doing a standard piece of online work that seems to happen quite frequently.

Again, it's no skin off my nose so it's totally up to the group on how they handle this but it is something that keeps getting brought up so maybe it needs to be looked at internally instead of asking the audience to do it for you or coming down on fans who are just surprised that this is happening.
I'm not trying to come down on you. It's just that no matter what efforts we take, people are gonna make mistakes. Opening Night Live misspelled gamescom in their intro. I think it's largely a consequence of you following us so closely that you see every one of them, and so invested that you don't just dismiss or forget about them as you would with someone else. In any case, I think Damiani will be fine with covering the tweets for their regular streams, but I'll try to keep it in mind.

Ddalgi

Aug 7, 2019
We live in a timeline where Kyle watched an episode of "Gute Zeiten, Schlechte Zeiten". Truly the craziest timeline.

Oct 27, 2017
Good lord, check the schedule and set up Twitch notifications for app and email.

The shit people whine about sometimes.
Its not whining, but i do get frustrated sometimes myself when the allies miss opportunities to advertise themselves. Another example: Phase 4 introduced a new tier 'Stream Team' and i dont think they talked about it once since their Phase 4 announcement stream. They could have a tweet about just that new tier, or talk about it during the podcast or groupstream or something.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I assume this was a hypothetical question, but even as a lurker I thought your tone was confrontational (though I would have used the phrase "passive aggressive" rather than "severe"). Especially the bolded bit.

Regardless of how valid your point may or may not be, I certainly wouldn't have appreciated that phrasing. I mean, calling a missed tweet for a silly stream a "glaring oversight that any modern business" would avoid? Seriously?
Just my two cents though.
Honestly I wasn't trying to be aggressive, it's just that this isn't the first time this has been an issue and people in this thread have continually brought it up only to be told that it's not worth it or its not a big deal when continued standard practice is important for brand building and awareness.
I'm not trying to come down on you. It's just that no matter what efforts we take, people are gonna make mistakes. Opening Night Live misspelled gamescom in their intro. I think it's largely a consequence of you following us so closely that you see every one of them, and so invested that you don't just dismiss or forget about them as you would with someone else. In any case, I think Damiani will be fine with covering the tweets for their regular streams, but I'll try to keep it in mind.
That's all fair enough and again ultimately for me it's not an issue but as someone in digital marketing it always sticks out to me 😁

Maybe try to get a social management account that you can all access for scheduling or at least for immediate posting have everyone log in the main channels as well as their own personal. I personally have three seperate twitter accounts (1 personal, 2 work) that I can easily switch to without having to log in each time and just post as any of them to make things super easy.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't watch streams so I don't know if Twitter is important for them. But Twitter does seem like something a digital media company would have a set practice for, rather than leaving it up to memory, which is something a normal company would never do. Since I don't use Twitter much though, maybe it really is inconsequential, and of course EZA isn't a normal company.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Its not whining, but i do get frustrated sometimes myself when the allies miss opportunities to advertise themselves. Another example: Phase 4 introduced a new tier 'Stream Team' and i dont think they talked about it once since their Phase 4 announcement stream. They could have a tweet about just that new tier, or talk about it during the podcast or groupstream or something.

They talked about it last night after the Erica game was done.
I just double checked the VOD.

Oct 27, 2017
That's all fair enough and again ultimately for me it's not an issue but as someone in digital marketing it always sticks out to me 😁

Yeah i work in marketing too so maybe thats why we see all these things.

Again this is not an attack to Blood or the allies, just constructive criticism we hope they appreciate.

It's definitely not my intention to be all negative. I post a lot when i like something aswell.

By the way, the past few weeks i feel that their twitter was actually way more active. Its still missing some small highlight vids and interactions though.

Bloodworth

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe try to get a social management account that you can all access for scheduling or at least for immediate posting have everyone log in the main channels as well as their own personal. I personally have three seperate twitter accounts (1 personal, 2 work) that I can easily switch to without having to log in each time and just post as any of them to make things super easy.
Yeah, I can swap accounts without a problem. It's not an access issue, just a step that was missed.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
I personally don't care too much about Twitter.
I check it every now and again for EZA stuff, but I honestly don't understand how it can be a thing "that absolutely can't be missed".

It's a social media platform. It's not an important thing. It does make the world a worse place though with how much people think it's important or how much people care what gets posted on it and it probably creates wars (only slightly joking).

There is no real difference between posting something on Twitter (or facebook or whatever) and setting up Twitch notifications. Only people subbed will see it.
People not setting up Twitch notifications probably don't care about watching EZA on Twitch. So I don't see the point either.

I understand why people want them to post stuff like that on Twitter, I really do.
But calling it "important" seems weird to me.

It's not going to make a lot of difference as far as viewers go.
It might be my age talking (and that I'm probably way too cynical), but I still don't understand how people can put so much importance into social media.
It's just a website to get (steal) people's information so they can make money from that information.

I understand this is a problem for some people, but my guess is that the majority doesn't care if they post it on Twitter or not (but it might be 50/50 I guess).

Edit:
Just saw both of you are in digital marketing. Sure, I can get why you both think it's so important. That makes sense.

Last edited:

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
Good lord, check the schedule and set up Twitch notifications for app and email.

The shit people whine about sometimes.
Other people might not have worded it well but I don't think a valid suggestion should be dismissed as whining when it's something that takes no time/effort and there is no reason not to do it.

I don't use the Twitch app because I watch on PC and I turned off email notifications a while ago because having to delete them from my inbox every time started to annoy me, but I do keep an eye on the schedule and follow the EZA twitter account so I would expect that if a stream happens I will probably hear about it.
But take Damiani's Three Houses stream a few weeks ago as an example, it wasn't a scheduled stream so it wasn't on the schedule as far as I remember while he posted about it on his personal twitter account (which is great but at the time I wasn't following him) it wasn't posted or retweeted on the main EZA twitter. The first time I found out about it was when I saw the recording get uploaded on the Easy Allies Plays youtube channel.

I'm an EZA patron and fan of Fire Emblem so I'm basically in the target audience for a stream like this, but if I wasn't subscribed to EZA's secondary youtube channel I would not know this stream ever happened.

Urbannomad123

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rugby, England

I missed the start of the stream (couldn't stop playing the Dragon Quest demo on Switch) but joined just before you tweeted when there 360 viewers. I checked a few minutes later and there 435 viewers. I wondered what was responsible for the jump and checked twitter to see if there was anything promoting the stream finally: there it was.

I have noticed that other streamers often have whiteboards on the wall where they write things to remember. Perhaps you could have one behind the monitors as an aide to memory.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
I love that the Don't Skip intro sounds like an educational video, like some PBS infomercial or "The More You Know"

Ddalgi

Aug 7, 2019
check it every now and again for EZA stuff, but I honestly don't understand how it can be a thing "that absolutely can't be missed".

I think you are seriously underestimating how important this is, especially when keeping in mind how easy it is. It's not just a coincidence, that so many Youtuber, Companies or any Business really, relies on Social Media. It's the best way to Advertise for free, to connect with your audience, to keep them updated and to give them extra content. And you achieve all of this with relatively low effort.

Not everyone likes using Social Media, in fact I know several Youtuber who were against using platforms like Twitter, as they didn't like it and thought "it's not that important and won't make much of a difference", but all of them started using Twitter at some point and keep it very active as well. It's because it doesn't make sense not to use it in every way possible. It just has advantages. A place like Twitter is also one of the best ways, to get a new audience and new viewers. Someone just has to like or retweet a Tweet, and this will show up in someone else's Timeline. If this person interacts as well, it will appear on their friend's Timeline and this (potentially) starts a chain reaction.

Another thing that people need to keep in mind, the majority of Youtube Viewers do not have accounts. Most of the time, the majority of people who have watched a video, are people who are not subscribed to you. So just relying on Youtube/Twitch Notification is not enough. Social Media accounts are always more common, and thus a great way to remind those people that something is happening. I can see your viewpoint, and I'm personally also not that into Twitter, but trust me, we are the minority.

So yes, it is indeed quite important and the difference that it makes, can (!) make quite a difference. And the more you use it, the more rewarding it will be.

You can't tell me young Bosman wasn't a total Heiko.

How to unsee.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
I think you are seriously underestimating how important this is, especially when keeping in mind how easy it is. It's not just a coincidence, that so many Youtuber, Companies or any Business really, relies on Social Media. It's the best way to Advertise for free, to connect with your audience, to keep them updated and to give them extra content. And you achieve all of this with relatively low effort.

Not everyone likes using Social Media, in fact I know several Youtuber who were against using platforms like Twitter, as they didn't like it and thought "it's not that important and won't make much of a difference", but all of them started using Twitter at some point and keep it very active as well. It's because it doesn't make sense not to use it in every way possible. It just has advantages. A place like Twitter is also one of the best ways, to get a new audience and new viewers. Someone just has to like or retweet a Tweet, and this will show up in someone else's Timeline. If this person interacts as well, it will appear on their friend's Timeline and this (potentially) starts a chain reaction.

Another thing that people need to keep in mind, the majority of Youtube Viewers do not have accounts. Most of the time, the majority of people who have watched a video, are people who are not subscribed to you. So just relying on Youtube/Twitch Notification is not enough. Social Media accounts are always more common, and thus a great way to remind those people that something is happening. I can see your viewpoint, and I'm personally also not that into Twitter, but trust me, we are the minority.

So yes, it is indeed quite important and the difference that it makes, can (!) make quite a difference. And the more you use it, the more rewarding it will be.
I think you are seriously overestimating the importance, but I can see your point.

I just don't think forcing people to use social media who don't like to use it or for whom it isn't a "normal" thing to do is the way to go (I didn't grow up with twitter and facebook and I'm close to how old most Allies are).

I work in IT and I think those big social media websites are good spying websites (for the companies who created them), but they aren't that important for most other uses. I understand the importance of them for huge companies to make statements, but I'm not convinced it moves the needle as much for smaller entities like EZA. But I might be wrong, you know more about it than I do.

I follow a large amount of people on Twitter, but the last year or 2 I just noticed that I made a separate feed for EZA stuff and that I hardly ever read any of the other tweets any more (it's just impossible to keep up). But I guess if the only thing you do day in and day out is checking your phone (which I hardly ever touch).
I just don't feel like spending hours a day on reading what people ate today.

I think it's just a generational difference (not saying that there aren't people my age using a lot of twitter btw).
You can't expect a 10 year old to understand why people loved playing an original game boy either.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but some people find it way easier to remember using twitter since they use it constantly, while I wouldn't think about using it either. I apparently have my twitter account since the end of 2013 and I apparently tweeted 23 times (mostly to complain about my internet or mobile provider if something was screwed up).

Last edited:

Bloodworth

Oct 28, 2017
I missed the start of the stream (couldn't stop playing the Dragon Quest demo on Switch) but joined just before you tweeted when there 360 viewers. I checked a few minutes later and there 435 viewers. I wondered what was responsible for the jump and checked twitter to see if there was anything promoting the stream finally: there it was.

I have noticed that other streamers often have whiteboards on the wall where they write things to remember. Perhaps you could have one behind the monitors as an aide to memory.
I checked the stats on this. Clear gain of about 70 viewers after the tweet. I stand corrected. (The irony being that without the tweet being late, the data wouldn't be clear enough to back it up.)

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I work in IT and I think those big social media websites are good spying websites (for the companies who created them), but they aren't that important for most other uses. I understand the importance of them for huge companies to make statements, but I'm not convinced it moves the needle as much for smaller entities like EZA. But I might be wrong, you know more about it than I do.

Look at it this way.. Easy Allies is very known for their Reviews, Previews and Reactions. Why do you think these are the most popular? Mainly for their uniqueness but also cause these are the type of videos that get shared the most. You can still find new tweets of Huber freaking out on Shenmue , FFVII, RE7 every now and then across Reddit, Twitter, Facebook. The CyberPunk devs retweeted their Keanu Reeves Reaction etc. Social Media is way more powerful then you think.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Look at it this way.. Easy Allies is very known for their Reviews, Previews and Reactions. Why do you think these are the most popular? Mainly for their uniqueness but also cause these are the type of videos that get shared the most. You can still find new tweets of Huber freaking out on Shenmue , FFVII, RE7 every now and then across Reddit, Twitter, Facebook. The CyberPunk devs retweeted their Keanu Reeves Reaction etc. Social Media is way more powerful then you think.
Yes, but those are usually way bigger companies retweeting one of their videos, which for sure makes more of an impact.
It's companies like Sony/Playstation or CD Project Red and such that do those tweets and I completely understand why they use twitter and I do think it's important to them to do so. I'm just not convinced it makes as much of a difference for EZA.

But it's not much use for me to keep pushing back as I'm sure you both know way more about these things than I do.
The only thing I wanted to make clear is that it's not as logical or easy for everybody to just tweet since not everybody has grown up with social media.

I don't think that everybody does use twitter as much (or is addicted to in some cases) as teens or people in their 20's (I'm not counting big companies, but I might be way off on this). It might be just me ;).

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, but those are usually way bigger companies retweeting one of their videos, which for sure makes more of an impact.
It's companies like Sony/Playstation or CD Project Red and such that do those tweets and I completely understand why they use twitter and I do think it's important to them to do so. I'm just not convinced it makes as much of a difference for EZA.

But it's not much use for me to keep pushing back as I'm sure you both know way more about these things than I do.
The only thing I wanted to make clear is that it's not as logical or easy for everybody to just tweet since not everybody has grown up with social media.

I don't think that everybody does use twitter as much (or is addicted to in some cases) as teens or people in their 20's (I'm not counting big companies, but I might be way off on this). It might be just me ;).
I understand, but Twitter is just an example to be honest. I kinda hoped Phase 4 would have also brought better marketing iniatives from them. Not just social media but also video announcements, visual representations of their schedules (for patreon, forums and social media), paid ads, etc

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
I don't think paid ads are a good idea as it would probably push their Patreon down (although I guess nothing is connected to that any more). Some of their sponsors will use those ads instead (I can see Viewsonic move that way for example).

It's also questionable (imo) for people who use Patreon as a funding platform. A lot of people wouldn't care, but some would.
I don't mind the podcast ads, but adding ads in front of each video is probably a bridge too far (although I would get used to it).

You would also need a full time person managing all that stuff. I have seen Linus from Linus Tech Tips talk about marketing on their channel (which is way bigger, but still) and they have multiple people working on that full time. Especially with those bigger advertisement firms. You would probably also need an MCN and I really hope they stay away from those as far as possible. They are mobsters.

The rest isn't a bad idea (a visual schedule would probably make sense for example), but none of them has a marketing background, so it's probably not as easy to do those things. It also changes each week, which makes it more labor intensive.

Having a video announcement for each show will probably drive me insane and probably won't do too well as far as comments go, but who knows.
I do like their announcements for Spoiler Mode or Easy Livin, but I don't think it's a good idea to have half of your videos be announcements.

I personally don't feel like they need it, but I get where you are coming from.

Last edited:

Urbannomad123

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rugby, England
I checked the stats on this. Clear gain of about 70 viewers after the tweet. I stand corrected. (The irony being that without the tweet being late, the data wouldn't be clear enough to back it up.)

Thank you for checking Blood. Cool to see that the data backs up what I sensed in real time. I have to say that these studio streams are very well timed for a European audience. Looking forward to seeing you and your fellow RPG crew members in action tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.