• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 28523

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Bosman - "Poptart are games you want to draw more attention to. A game people aren't paying enough attention to"

Bosman proceeds to pick Death Stranding.

I think I know why people are confused Bosman.

Oct 25, 2017
Bosman - "Poptart are games you want to draw more attention to. A game people aren't paying enough attention to"

Bosman proceeds to pick Death Stranding.

I think I know why people are confused Bosman.
Yeah, it's weird. I always thought a Pop-Tart was just a game you were personally excited for; whereas a Toaster Strudel is one you're interested in, but also have concerns about. To me that tracks with past installments of this segment.

Deleted member 28523

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, it's weird. I always thought a Pop-Tart was just a game you were personally excited for; whereas a Toaster Strudel is one you're interested in, but also have concerns about. To me that tracks with past installments of this segment.

Bosman was correct in his description. Poptarts are game you think are flying under the radar and want to prop up. Toaster Strudels are games that are being hyped up that you want to temper expectations. Couldn't find the first instance of this segment but Podcast #71 is consistent with this.

Bosman and Blood picked the most talked, most hyped game - Death Stranding. Brad's Terminator pick also doesn't really work because no one is hyped for it and not tempering any expectations. You can't let the bit get away from you otherwise it's just anarchy.

Oct 25, 2017
Bosman was correct in his description. Poptarts are game you think are flying under the radar and want to prop up. Toaster Strudels are games that are being hyped up that you want to temper expectations. Couldn't find the first instance of this segment but Podcast #71 is consistent with this.

Bosman and Blood picked the most talked, most hyped game - Death Stranding. Brad's Terminator pick also doesn't really work because no one is hyped for it and not tempering any expectations. You can't let the bit get away from you otherwise it's just anarchy.
See, I've never seen it that way until just this podcast. Every time they've done it, it's always felt like "most anticipated/most worried about."

And I went back to try and find the first one, and Kyle's definitions there seems to track with what I believed it was:

(Starts at 14:30, in case the embed doesn't work)

Not saying it hasn't evolved into what he said this week, but I guess I always still think of it on more simple terms (good vs less good).

Status
Not open for further replies.