• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
I don't know anything about DND alignments, but Kyle is anything but Lawful. I would put him as Chaotic Evil and switch him with Ultima Brad. Ultima Brad isn't really chaotic at all, he's actually pretty chill most of the time.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Exactly. See:

C9FoScpUMAAe4bO.jpg

Soruce
I would swap brandon and blood as well as swap damiani and Brad. Damiani is more of a troll and I feel like if push came to shove brandon would be willing to break the law way before blood would. No offense meant by that.

RugoUniverse

May 15, 2018
I don't know anything about DND alignments, but Kyle is anything but Lawful. I would put him as Chaotic Evil and switch him with Ultima Brad. Ultima Brad isn't really chaotic at all, he's actually pretty chill most of the time.

Kyle is 100% Lawful Evil. He is all about manipulating the rules to enacts his evil plans.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kyle is very lawful. Everything is about adhering to the weird rules he sets up.

That said I don't think Brad really fits with Chaotic Evil either. Maybe I'd switch him and Damiani

Tsosie

Oct 28, 2017
Buffalo, New York

Lawful Evil and Chaotic Evil are best described as the difference between Devils and Demons. Devils use contracts and hierarchy whereas Demons have no rule of law (this is all in the world of D&D of course). So Bosman' s loophole for the betting special and HoG contracts are all versions of lawful evil.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Got that astro bot platinum! My only very minor complaint is
that theres no ultra hard level that you unlock by collecting everything. I would have enjoyed one last foray after beating the final boss besides the challenge level of beating it again without being hit.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
I agree, I loved the review.
I also agree with the score (I would give the same score or possibly half a point less) even though I wish there was a bit more single player content.

There is a bit less compared to FH3 and the last week I am sometimes aimlessly driving around because I more-or-less have done everything there is to do after 10 days or so (but I played the game a lot over these 2 weeks). It took quite a bit less time (around 60h or so to do so compared to the +- 100 for FH3) because there aren't championships in FH4. That said, I do feel like I got my money's worth as I played a lot (around 70 hours at the moment according to Xbox) and they are apparently going to implement a track creator (in which you can select your own roads for a track) in a couple of weeks which is going to give an unlimited amount of hours to FH4.

I am still going to play a lot of FH4 over the next year and will probably keep playing it until Red Dead Redemption 2. I probably also keep playing it for the Forzathons each Friday like I did with FH3 and Forza 7 and there is still DLC coming during the year. It's again a masterful racinggame, even though there are some bugs that need to be addressed (like not getting credit for a win in some co-op races).

Last edited:

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I hope one of the things EZA can do with a new studio is bring some visual variety to the podcasts. I want Frame Trap to LOOK different than the EZA Podcast. At least a little bit. A little of its own visual identity.

I don't want there to be that one room/set where pretty much every video or at least every podcast takes place.

As an aside: Super bummed that they only talked about AC Odyssey for 16 minutes on the new Frame Trap. I was ready and pumped to settle in for a deep dive, 30+ minutes, since Huber played all of it, Ben has been playing it, and I know Brandon loves open world games. Instead Black Ops 4 gets 45 minutes and AC Odyssey gets 16. :'(

Last edited:

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
I hope one of the things EZA can do with a new studio is bring some visual variety to the podcasts. I want Frame Trap to LOOK different than the EZA Podcast. At least a little bit. A little of its own visual identity.

I don't want there to be that one room/set where pretty much every video or at least every podcast takes place.
Depends what you mean by one room/set. If you're talking about rearranging their studio every time they do a different show then no thanks, one of the big draws of a studio is it lets them have a single, consistent setup that they don't have to fiddle around with every single time they do something. But if you're talking about having different set dressing (like a green screen background or TV that displays the different logos) then that's kinda what I expect from it.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Depends what you mean by one room/set. If you're talking about rearranging their studio every time they do a different show then no thanks, one of the big draws of a studio is it lets them have a single, consistent setup that they don't have to fiddle around with every single time they do something. But if you're talking about having different set dressing (like a green screen background or TV that displays the different logos) then that's kinda what I expect from it.
Exactly, different set dressing. Something to give it its own visual identity/flair, which each show is sorely lacking now. I don't think they have to literally have different sets or completely rearrange them every time. Just a few things that can make each show look like its own thing.

Something that would be cool is if they have some RGB lighting for the background of the set, so that EZA Podcast could maybe have blue or white (or whatever) tinted background lighting, and then maybe Frame Trap has a red-tinted background. Or something. I don't know.

Last edited:

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Exactly, different set dressing. Something to give it its own visual identity/flair, which each show is sorely lacking now. I don't think they have to literally have different sets or completely rearrange them every time. Just a few things that can make each show look like its own thing.
Cool, I agree then. Ever since they got the big desk last year, all their shows kinda look the same, which is fine for now but they definitely need to differentiate them once they get the studio.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
They should just steal the kinda funny led screen setup where you can have whatever you want in the background it's honestly just a good general setup and adaptable to whatever you want it to be, with that it would be trivial to make the shows look different.

Jords

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2018
New Zealand
Would love for frame trap and some other previews to return to the cosy couch set up once studio is up and running. Just a little casual variety. Frame trap always reminded me of a laid back talk show segment.

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly i'm not gettin my hopes up for them to make Frametrap visually more attractive. Its been 3 years and they still have this ugly thing for a logo lol:
avatars-000217263290-rbrj96-original.jpg

This is easily the ugliest thing from EZA. The font, the animation,... it's really bad.

Love the show of course..

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished watching the Mario Party group stream and holy shit that last turn was a rollercoaster. On Damiani's turn alone there's like 5 different twists.

RugoUniverse

May 15, 2018
They should just steal the kinda funny led screen setup where you can have whatever you want in the background it's honestly just a good general setup and adaptable to whatever you want it to be, with that it would be trivial to make the shows look different.

Would love if they could but that thing cost serious money. I imagine it will be like GT with a bunch of TV monitors.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, there's not a chance they can afford a screen like that, unless they get lucky and find a studio with something like that already in place.

Remember there's 9 of them with the current Patron money compared to Kinda Funny, and they don't have Rooster Teeth backing.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Awesome, that's my Sunday morning all set.

Unless I'm missing one, Ian hasn't been on Frame Trap since E3 Noodles and Broth and a standard episode since the end of May(!). Hope he pops up before the end of the year, I always enjoy hearing about some of the unusual games he's been playing.
As long as he keeps the Dark souls/bb mentions to a minimum. I like Ian but sometimes he can be a chore to listen to.
Kyle Bosman also brings unique games but does it in a way that's more enjoyable.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
As an aside: Super bummed that they only talked about AC Odyssey for 16 minutes on the new Frame Trap. I was ready and pumped to settle in for a deep dive, 30+ minutes, since Huber played all of it, Ben has been playing it, and I know Brandon loves open world games. Instead Black Ops 4 gets 45 minutes and AC Odyssey gets 16. :'(

At least the conversation wasn't as dumb as the one on ERA has been in the many threads that have been posted about the game.

For all the crying about games not being games anymore, nobody here seems to actually want to play a game instead of simply completing it in a short manner.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There's two of them that have played Black Ops 4, so it's more of a two way conversation than the rest, so it makes sense

ShadyK54

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I'm interested in the Black Ops 4 deep dive. Really curious to hear Huber's take on Blackout (I'm assuming he hopped in on that).

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have no interest in playing CoD, but it was a great conversation.

Now I'll never think about BLOPS again for a while, but it was worth listening to.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
I'm interested in the Black Ops 4 deep dive. Really curious to hear Huber's take on Blackout (I'm assuming he hopped in on that).
They did touch on a lot of different things. I remember someone on here (I forgot who it was) who was dissapointed last time that they didn't talk about Zombie mode.
Well they did touch on that a little bit as well.

I don't really play CoD (and FPS in general), but I did enjoy the conversation about it.
It won't make me play the game, but I didn't mind them taking some time to talk about it.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Dang, that Frame Trap makes it seem like Celeste is really going to be forgotten :(

We'll know the true GOTY though

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
I remember the allies being very dismissive of skyrim vr but man, this is one cool experience. I played for over an hour and haven't even left that first starting cave because I've been having so much fun experimenting with magic.

Rezbit

Oct 26, 2017
I remember the allies being very dismissive of skyrim vr but man, this is one cool experience. I played for over an hour and haven't even left that first starting cave because I've been having so much fun experimenting with magic.

From what I heard it was quite rough at launch and was fixed up quite a bit with patches.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Yeah, 45 minutes is way to long for 1 game. Especially if you are not interested in particular game.

It's really not. You're just not interested in 45 minutes of that specific game. That's why the videos have time stamps.

The entire point of Frame Trap is that they often have long conversations about specific games. Like it or not, CoD is one of the biggest games every year and the current game is the most interesting to discuss (for positive and negative reasons) in a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.