• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wish Ben had streamed more of his time with FO:76, I wanna see how he gets when he's super upset that the game is just broken.

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
HoG pushing to January just means we get GotY discussions, Hall of Greats, Resident Evil 2 Huber freakouts, and Kingdom Heart 3 hot takes from Brad, all in one month! Great way to start 2019.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Cool, late review thread from EZA and it gets locked and directed to the review thread. Late review from Angry Joe? Go right ahead and keep posting.

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
Cool, late review thread from EZA and it gets locked and directed to the review thread. Late review from Angry Joe? Go right ahead and keep posting.

Angry Joe is more than a review really...it's like a whole produced segment. They are often 20+ minutes long. EZA has a much more concise review format. As much as I want to expose EZA to a wider audience, I think it's best to keep solo EZA threads to things that really set them apart like betting specials or features.

Nov 5, 2017
So I just looked at the upcoming week's schedule and I see that Kyle Bosman is streaming something called Pokemon Channel from 9pm to 12am on Friday night?

What's that about?

0STXj2Q.png

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
Serious question - Resident Evil 2, from what we've seen, looks incredible. I think there's a very high likelihood it will review very well. Huber will be reviewing the game. Do you already expect a 10/10 from Huber, or, will he have the reverse effect and be extra critical since the original is his absolute favorite game of all time? I know he reviewed God of War, and I genuinely loved that review, and I'm sure he was extremely glad that game was as incredible as it was to have no regrets giving it a 10.

EDIT: Not to call Huber's journalistic integrity into question at all! Just a unique circumstance for a highly anticipated game.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Serious question - Resident Evil 2, from what we've seen, looks incredible. I think there's a very high likelihood it will review very well. Huber will be reviewing the game. Do you already expect a 10/10 from Huber, or, will he have the reverse effect and be extra critical since the original is his absolute favorite game of all time? I know he reviewed God of War, and I genuinely loved that review, and I'm sure he was extremely glad that game was as incredible as it was to have no regrets giving it a 10.

EDIT: Not to call Huber's journalistic integrity into question at all! Just a unique circumstance for a highly anticipated game.

I think enthusiast press does their job well: super excited and enthused and hype for upcoming games, but can also set that apart and break down a game to review. Look at Ben's Fallout review: dude was hyped for that game and came down hard on it because it couldn't get basic shit right. Hype can work for or against a game going into for review, same with movies, but I don't think Huber is going to go hog-wild like some vlogger youtube hypeman because he's been doing this for years and knows what is expected for a AAA game.

Nesther

Oct 27, 2017
Switzerland
So I just watched Fiasconauts for the first time, the newest one that takes place at high school, and loved it, it was so much fun. Death on Paradise Island', to me, is not that enjoyable in comparison. What are some other episodes that are as funny as Fiasco High?

ShadyK54

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
So I just watched Fiasconauts for the first time, the newest one that takes place at high school, and loved it, it was so much fun. Death on Paradise Island', to me, is not that enjoyable in comparison. What are some other episodes that are as funny as Fiasco High?

Regina's Wedding & Heist are some of my favorites. Both feature the cast of Kyle, Huber, Jones, and Ian.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I'm pretty much expecting a 9+ from Huber's review. The game looks like it deserves it though.

I'd think it would be interesting to see Damiani review it.

RugoUniverse

May 15, 2018

Any that have Kyle on are always gold. Big fan of the Pen Show, Dragonslayers, Heist and The Tallest Christmas Tree in the Nation myself. There's also a really great High School one from the GT days that features Ian, Kyle, Huber and Elyse Willems.

ShadyK54

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Any that have Kyle on are always gold. Big fan of the Pen Show, Dragonslayers, Heist and The Tallest Christmas Tree in the Nation myself. There's also a really great High School one from the GT days that features Ian, Kyle, Huber and Elyse Willems.

If we're adding the GT ones, then I'D throw in Suburban Hell. Gold from the opening lines.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
We do NOT have Smash yet or any idea when it will come.

Yeah, I think that's the general embargo.

Nintendo still doing their withholding of copies of certain games to "YouTubers" thing? Considering the entire thing is out there, you'd think they'd just send you a code by this point.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Yikes, sucks to hear you guys wont hit the embargo. As mentioned above the game has been leaked for so long now, whats the point of withholding

It's because of those leaks that Nintendo started to do stuff like this.

It's idiotic imo and it clearly doesn't work, but it's probably still because somebody made a copy of a game before release and put it online (I forgot which game it was, I believe it was a 3DS title a couple of years ago). It's possible that it's a Nintendo America thing only.

What happened with Smash this time isn't going to help matters at all.

Deleted member 42641

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 25, 2018
It's because of those leaks that Nintendo started to do stuff like this.

It's idiotic imo and it clearly doesn't work, but it's probably still because somebody made a copy of a game before release and put it online (I forgot which game it was, I believe it was a 3DS title a couple of years ago). It's possible that it's a Nintendo America thing only.

What happened with Smash this time isn't going to help matters at all.

I feel like it was fire emblem warriors, it was something that like wasnt a huge release I remember.

Just dumb in this situation cause like it already leaked, what is it gonna hurt to just throw it out there so reviewers with a known base can review it

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
I feel like it was fire emblem warriors, it was something that like wasnt a huge release I remember.

Just dumb in this situation cause like it already leaked, what is it gonna hurt to just throw it out there so reviewers with a known base can review it
I agree, but Nintendo always thinks they know everything better.
Stuff like this always reminds me of Kyle's Big Elephant comparison on the Final Bosman back in the day (I remember being in tears from laughter at that one, but he was 100% correct).

Last edited:

Deleted member 28523

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017

I wrote the King of the Ring one so be sure to watch that one! (Queen of the Ring coming next year????)

Also congrats on the studio!

Status
Not open for further replies.