• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadyK54

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
For maximum emotion, watch one then the other.

giphy.gif

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
EZA E3 streams haven't had a garage vibe but they were still cozy. I wouldn't worry about it. I think it's just this group of people that makes it cozy.

Deleted member 42641

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 25, 2018
I remember coming home from the work and seeing that GT was shut down

Remember being late for class in my high school parking lot signing up for the patreon

What a beautiful thing to hear that they finally got a studio, really didnt think it was possible

Oct 25, 2017
Obviously theyll probably do a big Mega stream as a celebration, right?

If they do, they should totally incorporate hog into it.
It is some of their best content.

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
What an awesome news before the christmas season. Congrats Allies!
2019 will be packed with more great content for sure :D

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Congrats to EZA. I am glad that this offer stuck.
I am sure they will create a lot of wonderful content in the new studio.

I am also glad for Amanda & Jones (and I guess the neighbours) because having the other Allies in that garage all the time for sure impacted their lives.

Gambit

Oct 27, 2017
Fantastic news about the studio! Congratulations to the Allies

I am also glad for Amanda & Jones (and I guess the neighbours) because having the other Allies in that garage all the time for sure impacted their lives.

For sure. Though I imagine Amanda, in particular, had a lot more interaction with Jones' friends/colleagues than ever before and good things like Box Peek were born from that. Also, I always loved their interactions as well.

Always felt that Amanda with, for example, Ian or Kyle had great chemistry.

So I am happy they had the period in Jones' garage for the cozy vibes and for getting Amanda acquainted with all of them.

arkon

Nov 6, 2017
Awesome news to wake up to. So happy for the allies, they deserve it. Can't wait to see what it looks like.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Fantastic news about the studio! Congratulations to the Allies

For sure. Though I imagine Amanda, in particular, had a lot more interaction with Jones' friends/colleagues than ever before and good things like Box Peek were born from that. Also, I always loved their interactions as well.

Always felt that Amanda with, for example, Ian or Kyle had great chemistry.

So I am happy they had the period in Jones' garage for the cozy vibes and for getting Amanda acquainted with all of them.
It always looked to me like Amanda enjoyed being on their streams from time to time and I do think they do have great chemistry, but there I am sure the noise and light still had some impact. It's fantastic to have friends at your place, but sometimes you need a bit of alone time as well.

It's also possible that Jones will be keep doing Cup Of Jones from the garage, so Amanda can still pop in now and then + she can still stream with Jones from time to time.

Gambit

Oct 27, 2017
It always looked to me like Amanda enjoyed being on their streams from time to time and I do think they do have great chemistry, but there I am sure the noise and light still had some impact. It's fantastic to have friends at your place, but sometimes you need a bit of alone time as well.

Absolutely. They really deserve having their place back, but I'm glad they had this garage period because Amanda's relationship to the others might continue now. She might drive by the studio from time to time.

It's also possible that Jones will be keep doing Cup Of Jones from the garage, so Amanda can still pop in now and then + she can still stream with Jones from time to time.

I hops she does, and Dragon Quest Builders 2 is probably a given.

Oct 25, 2017
What are the chances of an lcd wall like kinda funny?

Anyone know how much something like that costs?

Could be a good investment. Would really give each show its own flavour.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Costs a lot and I believe that not even Kinda Funny themselves paid for it if I remember right.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017

I think KF paid 40k back then on theirs. Or at least that was the prize that was floating around.
It's very cool but my personal opinion you would probably be able to emulate most of that for faaaaaaaaaar cheaper with some creative greenscreen.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
40k isn't worth it for a screen like that imo (I understand why it costs that much btw). I would probably just put a TV behind them or in front of the desk (like they had on GT) or a greenscreen.

It looks nice and it's a cool thing to have, but I don't think it adds all that much and people are sitting in front of it (granted, I have only seen KF a couple of times when an EZA member was on). It's a waste of money imo.

Last edited:

RugoUniverse

May 15, 2018
40k isn't worth it for a screen like that imo (I understand why it costs that much btw). I would probably just put a TV behind them or in front of the desk (like they had on GT) or a greenscreen.

It looks nice and it's a cool thing to have, but I don't think it adds all that much and people are sitting in front of it (granted, I have only seen KF a couple of times when an EZA member was on). It's a waste of money imo.

For KF it definitely wasn't a waste of money. Just having that thing added such a huge amount of slick polish to their production and look that they're reaping the benefits now. There's no way they could do the kind of things they're doing now without that set, and the screen is central to it (along with a show-wide rebrand of their logos).

EZA don't need it as they should differentiate themselves anyway - KF don't really stream games like EZA do for instance - but there is a level of polish that can come from investing in a slick set and a soft reboot of their shows, imo.

Brotherhood93

Oct 28, 2017
I think one of the benefits of the wall for Kinda Funny was it allowed them to make their shows feel distinct without much effort. They were never much good at the technical side of things and it provides a pretty simple way to change their set. Unless it's changed in the last year or so since I stopped watching their stuff they only use that room too where as it sounds like the EZA studio will be bigger. With Ian and more hands on deck I suspect EZA will be able to do more with a studio space than Kinda Funny did.

Having said that I personally feel like the studio did very little for KF's content anyway. It made it look more professional, sure, but ultimately I don't think it increased the quality. Spending a lot of money on a video wall seems excessive when there are cheaper alternatives like green screen if necessary.

Oxyrain

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they decide to record the setup and move into the new studio. It's good to see the behind the scenes stuff. For example I like the stuff that LRR put together showing them moving studios.

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018
Moving vlogs would be awesome. Linustechtips did a whole series of them that were a lot of fun and interesting to watch. Something like that would be cool.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they decide to record the setup and move into the new studio. It's good to see the behind the scenes stuff. For example I like the stuff that LRR put together showing them moving studios.

They did that when they installed their new equipment, so it's easy to assume they will do the same for the studio.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
For KF it definitely wasn't a waste of money. Just having that thing added such a huge amount of slick polish to their production and look that they're reaping the benefits now. There's no way they could do the kind of things they're doing now without that set, and the screen is central to it (along with a show-wide rebrand of their logos).

EZA don't need it as they should differentiate themselves anyway - KF don't really stream games like EZA do for instance - but there is a level of polish that can come from investing in a slick set and a soft reboot of their shows, imo.
I think one of the benefits of the wall for Kinda Funny was it allowed them to make their shows feel distinct without much effort. They were never much good at the technical side of things and it provides a pretty simple way to change their set. Unless it's changed in the last year or so since I stopped watching their stuff they only use that room too where as it sounds like the EZA studio will be bigger. With Ian and more hands on deck I suspect EZA will be able to do more with a studio space than Kinda Funny did.

Having said that I personally feel like the studio did very little for KF's content anyway. It made it look more professional, sure, but ultimately I don't think it increased the quality. Spending a lot of money on a video wall seems excessive when there are cheaper alternatives like green screen if necessary.
To be clear, I do think it would be a good idea for EZA to include a screen in their set (at least the table/podcast set) like they did at GT. But I don't see a lot of benefits for a screenwall compared to a "simple" TV.

I am sure KF finds great ways to use that screen, but I can't think of good uses that you can't do on a normal TV except for some coloured backgrounds.
I don't want to say that KF shouldn't have bought it. I don't watch enough of their content to make that assumption and I liked the stuff I did watch (the podcasts with EZA members). I just don't see why you wouldn't just mount a TV to the desk again as I thought it worked well at GT. Maybe add some extra TV in the back.

I think you can do most of the things KF does with their wall with that setup. That said, it looked like Jones fell in love with KF's wall, so who knows.

Last edited:

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
The forum acted weird, so it made me make a double post (it didn't show my first post) and I can't find a way to delete this one.

Nesther

Oct 27, 2017
Switzerland
Yeah in the latest Cup of Jones it seemed like he was talking about a behind the scenes of stuff they shot during the move, which airs after everything's been set up.

To be clear, I do think it would be a good idea for EZA to include a screen in their set (at least the table/podcast set) like they did at GT. But I don't see a lot of benefits for a big screen compared to a "simple" TV.

I am sure KF finds great ways to use that screen, but I can't think of good uses that you can't do on a normal TV except for some coloured backgrounds.
I don't want to say that KF shouldn't have bought it. I don't watch enough of their content to make that assumption and I liked the stuff I did watch (the podcasts with EZA members). I just don't see why you wouldn't just mount a TV to the desk again as I thought it worked well at GT. Maybe add some extra TV in the back.

I think you can do most of the things KF does with their wall with that setup. That said, it looked like Jones fell in love with KF's wall, so who knows.

The great thing the KF screen does is change the set up completely, so KF Daily and Gamescast look radically different. EZA have so many shows, and most of them end up looking basically the same which is a shame. A 40k screen might be overkill for them, but I like the greenscreen idea. Just something that gives each show an aesthetic individuality.

Last edited:

Deleted member 22649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
$40K for a video wall, plus electricity costs... no way. We need to come up with some more economical wall solutions.

How about we copy the thing they do at Cracker Barrel and just hang random old-timey shit on a lattice wood frame?

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
"Smashin' your dreams like they're made of wet paper
Least I don't have to rely on memes for real flavor"
9LNq.gif

Ben killed it

Rezbit

Oct 26, 2017
I think Jones said they'll be working pretty closely with a set designer to get what they want. I'm expecting one slick looking room for the podcasts and a cozy garage-like room for streaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.