• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 42641

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 25, 2018
Kyle clearly did not vet the site he got the translation from. It's Game Awards week so I'll cut him some slack :P

Didn't really like Jones' joke making light of 'softening cream'. I get the joke but the ridiculous objectification of women in video games absolutely plays into how a lot of male gamers view women irl. The uproar about including women in games like Battlefield V and Total War from certain parts of the gaming community has its roots in stupid shit like softening cream, imo.

Obviously Jones wasn't thinking of all that when he made the joke, but it again highlights their need for other perspectives in the group.

Come on bud it was a very harmless joke. Especially in the pure fact that its talking about how sex & the human body is censored when we have games of extreme violence. In no way should it even be considered to be linked to the misgony in the gaming community

I think the terrible bigotry against women in the industry and just the world in general stems from parents, people around a person, and just overall culture. The terrible treatment of women has been around a lot longer than making girls boobs diggly around in hilarious unrealstic ways.

I mean if youre a women then this is a lot different discussion as I cant be one to tell you what you take offensively

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
Next mini-series after Fancy Fifteen please: Bosman & Hinck's Video Game Detective Agency

Love the jokes about BDG on the latest Fiasconauts.
Frame Trap needs to be styled as a late night show. Have Ben be in a suit behind the desk, and the allies on chairs/couch to the side.

BDG? Brian David Gilbert?! :O

Also, yes, fantastic idea on Frame Trap, Ben could bring the guests on one-by-one!

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yep. I had to double check if I got the joke right and sure enough Ian does follow him.

I don't remember the second one. But the first one was about how Polygon is doing the Final Bosman now.
After Kyle said his school had Funniest Student and Class Clown and that Bosman won the Class Clown award, Ian said "Ah, you went to the same school as the Polygon guy?"

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
BDG surely did kill all my desire for a new Final Bosman run and I'm grateful for that. I still had this awful nagging voice in my head that kept asking "bu bu bu but what if Kyle did Final Bosman instead??!!!". Kyle's comment on the Box Peek Ep. 5 Q&A killed that sentiment once and for all and BDG filled that hole it left. You can't really compare the two shows because Brian doesn't seem to do commentaries or editorials, but I'm still much happier. Brian's videos are a little like if Ian did Final Bosman instead and that's super awesome. It's definitely the kind of short-form gaming content I've been longing for a while now.

BDG x EZA is the dream <3
Brian on Easy Update would be fantastic.

issa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
I really don't see how BDG's current content is comparable to The Final Bosman, it's just the suit. The Scrundler bits were similar but he retired them when Week in Revue ended.

After Kyle said his school had Funniest Student and Class Clown and that Bosman won the Class Clown award, Ian said "Ah, you went to the same school as the Polygon guy?"
That was it.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Man, Geoff is great. You can tell he puts his heart and soul into The Game Awards. Finding that balance between "I want this to be taken seriously" and "but it still needs to be entertaining" is not an easy task.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I don't really care for awards in any industry, but you can tell he does and that it's not just a vehicle for the Geoff Keighey brand, but something he actually wants to do right.

ByteSizeRick

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not putting up all of these in this thread (this is #5), but people seem particularly interested in this one. In short, 2 Milly will have a difficult case to make due to the way Copyright works.

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not putting up all of these in this thread (this is #5), but people seem particularly interested in this one. In short, 2 Milly will have a difficult case to make due to the way Copyright works.

This is really good Rick! I like the format, and you're very clear in expressing the legalese in a digestible way to the audience, or at least in my estimation.

ByteSizeRick

Oct 27, 2017
This is really good Rick! I like the format, and you're very clear in expressing the legalese in a digestible way to the audience, or at least in my estimation.

Hey, thanks! I'm continuing to work out a few of the kinks, but I think it's coming together. Wanted something I could keep to a short pipeline! I appreciate your checking it out!

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
The Huber DK64 moment in latest podcast made me laugh so much. This might be my favorite podcast of the year.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Followed Hubers plea from a while back and gave ac odyssey a chance(~20 hours in) haven't played one since black flag and it's very comfy to play. As someone that has grown up on certain eurojank rpgs(like two worlds, gothic, etc) I'm amused and surprised by how reminiscent the game has been of that. But more in the sense of this is what those rpgs would be if they had the resources for polish and the manpower to build these huuuuuuge environments.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Happy birthday Blood, thanks for always looking out to keep the communication to the fans up in bad and good times. Cheers.

doodlebob

Mar 11, 2018
Tbh, it does kinda suck that Kyle lost his own brand because he sat on not continuing The Final Bosman until he felt comfortable. It was his choice but the allure of returning to that is probably much lower now.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Come on bud it was a very harmless joke. Especially in the pure fact that its talking about how sex & the human body is censored when we have games of extreme violence. In no way should it even be considered to be linked to the misgony in the gaming community

I think the terrible bigotry against women in the industry and just the world in general stems from parents, people around a person, and just overall culture. The terrible treatment of women has been around a lot longer than making girls boobs diggly around in hilarious unrealstic ways.

I mean if youre a women then this is a lot different discussion as I cant be one to tell you what you take offensively

I literally acknowledged the fact it was a harmless joke in my post but you go off my friend. I disagree with all your other points. If you can't see that "overall culture" includes shit like boob jiggle and sexualised character designs I don't know what to tell you.

Ryan Bates

Jun 21, 2018
Tbh, it does kinda suck that Kyle lost his own brand because he sat on not continuing The Final Bosman until he felt comfortable. It was his choice but the allure of returning to that is probably much lower now.

I think you haven't fully considered what you are implying with this take. Firstly, the brand The Final Bosman was lost because Gametrailers was shut down, the option to continue the Final Bosman did not exist because he was fired from that job. Secondly, he then did not sit on the general "Bosman at a desk" brand, as he did Bosman at Home and Dear Bosman, which both ended for different reasons. I think it is safe to assume from the fact that he is not doing a Bosman at a desk show, and that he explicitly and repeatedly states that he has no desire to do one of those shows, that he was not satisfied with his attempts to continue The Final Bosman, or is at least ready to move on. Thirdly, your post implies in some way that Kyle would not be successful if he created a new similar show. I can't say outright that this is incorrect, but judging by the growing audience of Easy Allies and the never ending discussion about the Final Bosman returning (your post being an example of this), I highly doubt it would be poorly received.

It also might be worth considering that if you were Kyle and just spent 1-2 years on Box Peek, a completely unique and original show that you are the sole creator of, it probably is disheartening reading comments saying you are simply sitting on your own brand.

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Maybe he should change the show's title to "Kyle Bosman's Box Peek" instead of just Box Peek. Sid Meier's it up.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Already back over $50k on Patreon, so I went to take a look at the graph. It's crazy at the patron growth since the GoW Spoilermode. January - March, and half of April, were just repeats of each other, and since then, they've just kept growing.

fdceJL9.png

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
New patron supporter here.

I'm super noob with Patreon and Twitch so forgive me: are those EZA stickers on Twitch and the "A" tag available only for Twitch Prime users?

Status
Not open for further replies.