• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Szeth

Oct 25, 2017
Super late but unbelievably happy for them and the new studio. Even more excited for it after the CoJ today. Sounds like it's going to exceed everyone's expectations like with most things they do :)

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Just beat the missing a couple hours ago. Wish I would have played it earlier so I could have voted for it in games for an impact.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
I'm here

edit:
well maybe I'm not here if it doesn't come on before 7:30 lol

Last edited:

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Monster Hunter devs like
maxresdefault.jpg

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
"And thus begins the sweep" lmao

Those awards can be weird yeah. It's like when they gave Best Direction to Zelda

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Keighley literally speaking directly to Ben Moore through the camera after Devil Trigger

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
I really think teams TIME better suits their skillset and how they play. And would make for fun combinations and groupings.

3 Stock?
makes guys like Ian die early and have to sit for 5 minutes.

A smaller stage is better though.

squad strike tho....would be cool with 7 ppl

Last edited:

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This was by far the best iteration of the Keighley Awards. Very well-produced, well-paced, well-shot, and a surprisingly good balance of awards and reveals. Actually classy and professional. Helped that it had good reveals too of course. But really, a very solid show all around. This is the template they have to follow and build upon going forward.

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018
Great show last night. I was surprised and pleased by the GOTY winner. I was also happy to see Monster Hunter finally get some love (I think the last nomination for the series was for "best mobile game" with MH4U, which it did not win). Sonicfox made me smile and my girlfriend actually laugh out loud. What a genuine reaction. =)

RugoUniverse

May 15, 2018
Smash is always a great time with the Allies, but last night's stream with Huber sat on the floor was especially jolly. Christmas morning vibes.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
My only complaint about the awards show was all of the famous presenters. I thought we were past throwing random actors and musicians on the stage to make lame fortnite jokes.

Last edited:

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I preferred last year's looser vibes. This year felt just a little too produced. I also don't care for the celebrity appearances in the least. They don't want to be there and say the things on the prompter and I don't want them there either.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
This was by far the best iteration of the Keighley Awards. Very well-produced, well-paced, well-shot, and a surprisingly good balance of awards and reveals. Actually classy and professional. Helped that it had good reveals too of course. But really, a very solid show all around. This is the template they have to follow and build upon going forward.
It's fun as an event but I still feel like it's a bit of a joke as an awards show. Just seems like they rush through them so they can get to the stuff people actually want to see. GDC Awards and DICE Awards are still the game awards with actual prestige.

Anyway, on a completely different note, nothing stops the Bibi train:
Bibi & Tina: The Movie Game
PS4 — Digital (Out 12/14)

Ride as Bibi or Tina over hill and dale through the glorious countryside around Martinshof. Face numerous challenges and demonstrate your sporting prowess in the decisive race in the maize maze!

Bibi Blocksberg: The Great Witch Broom Race 3
PS4 — Digital (Out 12/14)

A wild witch rally begins: Bibi and her friends leap onto their broomsticks and explore exciting worlds. With mysterious witches' potions and turbulent aerial maneuvers, they zoom through the age of the dinosaurs, the Orient, and Transylvania.
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/12/07/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-december-11-2018/

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
heh where's Kyle getting his sales for Zelda games
OoT not a big seller compared to other Zelda games?

uhhh....might need someone to link him to Celine's thread

I won't take this Pokemon Stadium slander.
goat tier animations for all those monsters that were just sprites. Making a full 3D rpg adventure would cost like FF7 budget or more.
or DK64 slander. Not everything needs to be 100% if you don't want . Just go play the multiplayer modes.

Too much slander 40 minutes in lol

Last edited:

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised by the lack of Fire Emblem characters, there are three characters that are essentially just variations of Marth.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
They're straight asking for incredibly heated responses this time around, lol.

Chrom should've been #1. He's Marth v3.0. And just another Man with a Sword.

Status
Not open for further replies.