• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I'm obviously the minority in this so I'll leave things be after this post but Jones said on cup of Jones that the goal is to have 4 games slueths a year and one new retro. In 2018 we got 3 slueths and no new retro series soo... they are receiving money to complete those shows so it's not unreasonable to expect them with some amount of consistancy.
They are technically getting paid for those, but they don't officially state the frequency in their Patreon. But, that being said, I do agree that it would be nice if we got them more often than we do.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'd be cool with just a monthly update like Kyle does with Box Peek.
"Retro is being worked on by so and so. Currently waiting on response for GS"
Just to show that they are coming. We've heard more about Huber's Game show and that's still a couple thousand away.

Oct 26, 2017
I'd be cool with just a monthly update like Kyle does with Box Peek.
"Retro is being worked on by so and so. Currently waiting on response for GS"
Just to show that they are coming. We've heard more about Huber's Game show and that's still a couple thousand away.

After the Souls Retrospective having a big gap between announcement and release (and also between episodes) they're being more wary of announcing stuff without it being 100% ready.

If I had to guess they'll only announce the next retro with it being all edited.

Dec 6, 2017
I'm looking to get my colleague a Kingdom Hearts related gift in order to celebrate the upcoming release. Does anyone have any suggestions on what would make a good gift? Are there any particular collectibles I should be looking for? Thanks!

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking to get my colleague a Kingdom Hearts related gift in order to celebrate the upcoming release. Does anyone have any suggestions on what would make a good gift? Are there any particular collectibles I should be looking for? Thanks!

I've never even played a Kingdom Hearts game, but at my local Walgreens' I noticed they had some figures from the game for surprisingly cheap. They looked to be a good size - not sure that's what you're after, but maybe worth checking out if you have a Walgreens nearby.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
After the Souls Retrospective having a big gap between announcement and release (and also between episodes) they're being more wary of announcing stuff without it being 100% ready.

If I had to guess they'll only announce the next retro with it being all edited.

Kinda hope they don't make the next one episodic but one big video, you could see the views just drop off on each episode of the souls retro and it sucked. Long form retro videos get 100s of thousands of views too so it's not like releasing a video that's 1 hour 30 mins would deter viewers.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
When Ian says "the vagina is sweetest in the middle" and Kyle says "I have a lot to say about this but I'm not going to".....

just say it Kyle

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
QUICK. SOMEONE TELL KYLE IF THEY DIDN'T RECORD THE PODCAST. JONES' FAVORITE GAME HAS A RELEASE DATE.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
I hope they dont stream resident evil 2 out of the new studio before the proper reveal in the group stream. I want to see the new studio but I dont want to watch someone play a game I'm going to be playing myself.

The studio still seems unreal to me, putting a date on it makes me so excited.

noah rayne

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
I had to step away from the stream. Did they give dates for the final garage streams?
-Next week (15th) is a stream (?) of the prerecorded GOTY deliberation video & awards, then they're live with their personal GOTY lists + maaaybe Onimusha or Smash (but the times for when the deliberations drop are still TBA depending on how long that ends up being)

-22nd is Hall of Greats and the final studio stream

-29th will likely be the first stream in the studio, if everything goes according to plan!

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
-Next week (15th) is a stream (?) of the prerecorded GOTY deliberation video & awards, then they're live with their personal GOTY lists + maaaybe Onimusha or Smash (but the times for when the deliberations drop are still TBA depending on how long that ends up being)

-22nd is Hall of Greats and the final studio stream

-29th will likely be the first stream in the studio, if everything goes according to plan!

Thanks, Noah!

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I want the RE2 playthrough to be in the new studio, but I also think everybody should be there for the studio reveal. That's why I feel like the best course of action would be to do a Studio Reveal Stream - separate from the Tuesday Group Stream - on Friday (Jan 25) or Saturday (Jan 26).

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
Sometimes I wonder why Jones has to constantly field all these questions, especially projects he isn't directly involved in. They have a flat hierarchy where no one really answers to anyone yet Jones always has to answer stuff about what other Allies are up to. I guess we can't expect a Cup of Jones style show from every ally.

Having a flat hierarchy does not mean that no one answers to anyone. In general it means the opposite, everyone answers to everyone, because everyone has equal responsibility to make sure work gets done and the company maintains a constant output. Having a flat hierarchy also doesn't mean that their aren't roles or main responsibilties. As I understand, Jones still has the role of Editor-In-Chief, he's the main spokesperson of the Company and handles the 'big stuff', and part of that is communicating with their main source of funding, Patrons, through Cup of Jones. Obviously not sure what they do behind the scenes, but as I understand, Blood and Jones maintained roughly the same role because they wanted the transition from GT to EZA to be as smooth as possible for their relationships with Third Parties.

Last edited:

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Glad to have Frame Trap back. I think about all my normal podcasts and other shows were on a holiday break. Things were getting dire.

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
That was such a great stream last night. The "Wild Ones" bit was executed to perfection! *chef kissing fingers*

Not trying to stir up any trouble, but Bloodworth, any consideration to putting the stream on the main channel this year? Even as a comparison against last year's stream which resides on Easy Allies Plays?

Status
Not open for further replies.