• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
The Recruit Me Special was brutal. I felt bad for the antagonists by the end, Merrick was maniacal throughout the entire thing, getting mad with power. Loved it. Sadistic laughs were had. I hope they continue and do it this year as well.

Jords

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2018
New Zealand
Waiting to see what the new studio Looks like is the most I am looking forward to anything at the moment

I don't know if that makes me a very depressing man or pretty fucking awesome.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
If I'm being sincere, I am just genuinely disappointed. I'm disappointed that I was the only one here to call the two of them out for that crap, too. I am just super disappointed because I thought that this was a more welcoming community than that. I am sure I came off as aggressive, because I do find it pretty upsetting, but I didn't say anything inaccurate.
I have to be honest that it seemed fake to me as well this time. I didn't bat an eye the previous times stories about her playing games where sent and I always love listening to those type stories/reviews. I still do, it didn't take away from that experience at all, but for some reason it felt fake this time.

Not because of the scores or whatever, not because she is a 70+ old women who plays games. It just felt off for some reason and I am not sure why. I think it's the way they were written combined with the type of games. And yes, I understand the games part can be seen as prejudice, I see it more as a surprise to me, I am not saying it's impossible. It felt to me like a Kyle bit for some reason.

I understand where you are coming from (and I almost posted it before I went to bed as well, so you would have attacked me as well), but I am sure it's not meant as any harm (at least not for me). Your reaction to it seemed somewhat strong, but I get if you felt it was prejudice how you can react like that. I hope it's all real and I am not saying it's impossible (because of course it's not), it just felt off.

Btw, if this was your L&R post (which wouldn't surprise me with how strong you reacted), you have a cool mom (I am very sorry I forgot and said grandma). Maybe otherwise as well, but you know what I'm saying.

Edit:
I'm also sorry to bring this up again, it's just because I almost added to it yesterday that I had to let if off my chest.
I honestly didn't see anything wrong with those 2 other comments because I don't think it was because of prejudice (but again, I can see why that can be upsetting if you do feel it is).

Also, I want to apologize if my reasoning upsets you. I can assure you that it wasn't meant as any prejudice or disrespect against the ally who sent that L&R post or their mom or all gamers that don't fit the "norm" with their age (I am sure almost anybody nowadays knows that people of all genders play videogames, at least, I hope they do).

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
If by "continued A Way Out" you mean that they'd streamed it a second time then that's not it, that's the first part of the game. As far as I'm aware they haven't played it a second time and at this point, who knows if they will.

Ohh right, yeah just noticed.

Because on the podcast, Kyle was talking about some Zelda Easter egg in a way out.
Then Ian was wondering when they streamed it again and seemed just as confused as I was.

Kyle said he and damiani did stream it a second time and they got that Easter egg.

arkon

Nov 6, 2017
Ohh right, yeah just noticed.

Because on the podcast, Kyle was talking about some Zelda Easter egg in a way out.
Then Ian was wondering when they streamed it again and seemed just as confused as I was.

Kyle said he and damiani did stream it a second time and they got that Easter egg.
I don't know if they streamed it again but I remember seeing them find a Zelda easter egg. It was near the end of the stream if I remember correctly.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
I was contacted by the person who sent in the love and respect question about there mom and I believe they are being sincere and have went back and removed my posts about the subject.

Love and respect.

Last edited:

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
I was contacted by the person who sent in the love and respect question about there mom and I believe they are being sincere and have went back and removed my posts about the subject.

Love and respect.
To start, I am very sorry that I wrote grandma (I watched it before going to bed and it was late, so I couldn't remember if it was mom or grandma, I hope I didn't offend or hurt anybody with that). I am also sorry to have some doubt if it was true or not.

It was never my intention to offend or hurt anybody, so I hope I didn't (my apologies if I did). I guess the internet made me more cynical to the point where I don't easily believe people any more (and I already had trouble with that to begin with).

I also hope they don't stop sending those type of updates because (like I said in my first post), I do enjoy listening to updates like this.

Last edited:

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Blood's definition of the toaster strudel was excellent and very, very true. Sometimes things that have a lot of promise end up being undercooked... that's when you get frozen strawberry filling.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Blood's definition of the toaster strudel was excellent and very, very true. Sometimes things that have a lot of promise end up being undercooked... that's when you get frozen strawberry filling.

I'll go a step further with a nice cool Thursday hotake. When he described how sometimes they are burnt on the outside but still frozen on the inside I thought of rdr2. A game that imo, was over designed with a long dev time (burnt) and yet the core concepts were still half baked (frozen center.)

That was the only reasonable part of the request.

It wasnt meant to be a serious request lol.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
I'll go a step further with a nice cool Thursday hotake. When he described how sometimes they are burnt on the outside but still frozen on the inside I thought of rdr2. A game that imo, was over designed with a long dev time (burnt) and yet the core concepts were still half baked (frozen center.)
I don't agree as far as RDR2 goes. It is my personal GOTY, but I completely understand that there are lot of people who don't think it is and there are for sure other games that deserve it as well. I can see where you are coming from and how this game is not for everybody even though I do think that half-baked is somewhat strong for RDR2. It's weird because RDR2 plays more-or-less as I expected it to play. The controls took a couple of hours to get used to, but the actual gameplay is what I expected it to be (and that's a good thing imo, but I am somewhat of a R* open world game fan).

That said, I would say the same thing (that it's half baked with a burnt outside (it's almost charcoal with how long that one took)) about The Last Guardian (like Ian more-or-less did, even though it was a different topic) and I know there are a lot of people who don't agree with that either, so there is that :).

Last edited:

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017

This is clearly a dynamic, nimble review system that needs to be implemented universally. You can have a strudel that spent a little too long in the toaster, which usually have a pretty satisfying filling, but unfortunately the flaky outside has been severely compromised. You can also have a strudel that was cooked perfectly, but you are missing the icing (falling a little short, despite promise). Or severely botched icing implementation, making it too sweet on one side, and too plain on the other (the quintessential uneven experience).

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I don't expect grandmas to love Bloodborne. Guess I may as well go join The_Donald.

Honestly, despite not being a fan of that take, I am not sure if calling people out on it has been particularly helpful. So I am going to take it down a few notches.

Grandmas don't typically play video games (it is essentially a cultural thing), but when they do there is nothing stopping them from enjoying a game like Bloodborne. It is a game enjoyed by many. So, you doubting her existence based on her being a grandma isn't exactly open-minded or inclusive. The only thing you questioning her existence could ever possibly do is make her feel excluded. You do you, man.

I don't agree as far as RDR2 goes. It is my personal GOTY, but I completely understand that there are lot of people who don't think it is and there are for sure other games that deserve it as well. I can see where you are coming from and how this game is not for everybody even though I do think that half-baked is somewhat strong for RDR2. It's weird because RDR2 plays more-or-less as I expected it to play. The controls took a couple of hours to get used to, but the actual gameplay is what I expected it to be (and that's a good thing imo, but I am somewhat of a R* open world game fan).

That said, I would say the same thing (that it's half baked with a burnt outside (it's almost charcoal with how long that one took)) about The Last Guardian (like Ian more-or-less did, even though it was a different topic) and I know there are a lot of people who don't agree with that either, so there is that :).

They are both super divisive games. People will be praising them, and condemning them, until the end of time. It is going to be difficult to really get a solid appraisal of how good either are until you play them (I would argue that this isn't usually the case and that you can often get a general sense of a game's quality through reviews and word of mouth). Up until the moment where you play either game, they act as a perfect example of Schrodinger's Toaster Strudel. Quite simply, it is impossible to know what state that strudel is in while it is in the toaster.

Last edited:

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Can't say I understand why all the allies think the PS5 will be revealed this year. The PS4 was announced and revealed on the year it was released.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Can't say I understand why all the allies think the PS5 will be revealed this year. The PS4 was announced and revealed on the year it was released.

Don't we usually have a little more information the year before, though? I feel like we had more substantial information about the PS2 and PS3 the year before they launched.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
On Frame Trap Huber argued that Sony skipping PSX 2018 and E3 2019 was a sign for TOLU2 being closer to release than we think. And Kyle bought it. We're observing a highly contagious case of hypeful thinking here.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
This is clearly a dynamic, nimble review system that needs to be implemented universally. You can have a strudel that spent a little too long in the toaster, which usually have a pretty satisfying filling, but unfortunately the flaky outside has been severely compromised. You can also have a strudel that was cooked perfectly, but you are missing the icing (falling a little short, despite promise). Or severely botched icing implementation, making it too sweet on one side, and too plain on the other (the quintessential uneven experience).

If easy update nights ever comes back this has to be the cornerstone of there scoring system. It's too perfect.

The last guardian is like you put the struddle in the toaster but you forgot to plug it in and you were running so far behind you just said fuck it and ate it anyways lol.

I'll stop shitting on games now though. Rdr 2 was my 8th favorite game from last year so it's not like I hated it or anything. I dont have much nice to say about the last guardian though.

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
Honestly, despite not being a fan of that take, I am not sure if calling people out on it has been particularly helpful. So I am going to take it down a few notches.

Grandmas don't typically play video games (it is essentially a cultural thing), but when they do there is nothing stopping them from enjoying a game like Bloodborne. It is a game enjoyed by many. So, you doubting her existence based on her being a grandma isn't exactly open-minded or inclusive. The only thing you questioning her existence could ever possibly do is make her feel excluded.

Right?! I mean, Shirley Curry is a person that exists. I don't see how it's that big of a step from there to believe there is a 70 year old in the world that enjoys Bloodborne or other games privately.

https://youtu.be/k4O7UgYmvGM

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Pro Strats Only is a poor replacement for Recruit Me. Maybe it'll get better as it goes on but Recruit Me was god tier. Hard to beat.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Just catching up on the predictions stream and had to make this:

41iph9E.gif

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This year wouldn't have started right without some huge news right after the podcast came out lol(Bungie/Activision divorce). Though in this case I'm happy cause that means there was less to intrude on the Q1 preview. I hope Huber can somehow be on the podcast next week cause I'm really interested to get his thoughts on this. Or at least have him discuss it on another show.
New Studio Stream, or Kingdom Hearts? Hmmm....
Well the answer's obvious. One is literally years in the making...and the other is one is KH3.
(Jk I'm playing KH3. Though I never watch the streams live anyway)
KH3 on the t.v and the group stream on the laptop, sorted

Woah woah woah woah...yo put some respect on the CULMINATION!!
(Jk with RPGs I totally get it lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.