• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Can't say I understand why all the allies think the PS5 will be revealed this year. The PS4 was announced and revealed on the year it was released.

Well a March 2020 release date is possible. So that would still be a year or less between reveal and release.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Watch the stream and then never play KH3.

I like the improv opportunity in Pro Strats compared to Recruit Me. The allies are funnier than the patrons.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
PS5 won't be revealed until early next year, and then released later in the year. There's no benefit to them announcing earlier.

They also seemed a bit off on some of the Nintendo predictions. It's like they kept forgetting Pokemon is a thing this year. Brandon saying Nintendo's E3 booth will focus on Animal Crossing? Nah, I bet Animal Crossing releases in the summer. E3 is all Pokemon. I bet we don't even hear much about Metroid until the end of year Direct. This year will have Yoshi, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Pokemon, Luigi's Mansion, potentially Bayonetta, Ultimate Alliance 3, and others we don't know of (including probably one or two more Wii U ports).

Metroid isn't needed this year, Animal Crossing and Pokemon can do the heavy lifting, everything else will pad them out. If Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Pokemon, and Metroid all release this year, there's almost nothing left haha

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Can't say I understand why all the allies think the PS5 will be revealed this year. The PS4 was announced and revealed on the year it was released.
Not to mention the Pro, which was announced just 2 months before it released.

The only way I see Sony announcing the PS5 this year is if they bring forward PSX a couple months and then host a PS Meeting in December to line it up with PlayStation's 25th Anniversary. Otherwise I think they'll repeat the PS4 strategy as closely as possible, with an Early 2020 announcement, E3 blowout and Late 2020 release.

As for all the RDR2 talk, I'm only up to chapter 3 but to me it feels like a last gen game that's been delayed for half a decade to make it bigger and prettier. The awful controls, mechanics and mission design are so fucking archaic. I can only assume the Houser's are stuck so far up their own asses with the billions GTAV has brought in that they have no interest actually improving their jank messes like the rest of the industry has.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda Funny premiered their own game show today, bit of unfortunate timing there. Very different from EZA's though.

HypedBulborb

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I just randomly thought of a groupstream moment, but I can't remember specifically which stream this happened.

They were laughing at something and Ben said something along the lines of "This is the best groupstream ever" and Cold Blooded reacted to that like "No it's not". I remember completely losing it at that moment but I can't remember when that happened :(

Anyone knows?

Felmek

Oct 31, 2017
I just randomly thought of a groupstream moment, but I can't remember specifically which stream this happened.

They were laughing at something and Ben said something along the lines of "This is the best groupstream ever" and Cold Blooded reacted to that like "No it's not". I remember completely losing it at that moment but I can't remember when that happened :(

Anyone knows?

I got you. 1:28:40

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
As for all the RDR2 talk, I'm only up to chapter 3 but to me it feels like a last gen game that's been delayed for half a decade to make it bigger and prettier. The awful controls, mechanics and mission design are so fucking archaic. I can only assume the Houser's are stuck so far up their own asses with the billions GTAV has brought in that they have no interest actually improving their jank messes like the rest of the industry has.
Yeah, it's weird how much tastes can differ. I have always loved their mission design and the way their worlds work, and I still do. To me it felt like a new game for sure, but it's for sure grounded in their type of open world. I am somewhat surprised how people are shocked by this as they use a similar formula since GTA III (they obviously refined it over the years, but they way you get missions is still similar). It still feels good to me honestly. As far as the controls go, I honestly only had trouble the first couple of hours except for a couple of missions later down the line with some bigger action parts (but I always had that in all GTA's as well, especially with on rails shooting missions, which is despise, but which you can find in plenty of other games as well). It doesn't bother me in the long run because it doesn't happen a lot in each game, but it's for sure not perfect. I think I had problems with the controls about 5 - 10 times during the 80+ hours or so that I played the game and most of those were during the first few hours when I was adapting to them.

It did take a while for me to be able to play it for hours straight though. For some reason I only played it 1 or 2 missions at a time in the beginning with just exploring and hunting and stuff next to that. It was only a couple of chapters in that I began to play it for longer. I am still not 100% why that was because I was really enjoying the game and I personally never was bothered by the slower pace as I usually play all my open world games or RPGs at a slow pace. I usually played it in stints of 1 or 2 hours with breaks in between. I did the same thing with TLOU actually, I am still not sure why I did it with that one either.

The weird thing is that I had the exact same opinion about TLG (which you like if I remember correctly) than you have about RDR2. I couldn't stand the controls and camera in that game, which made it almost unplayable for me and made me quit the game. It felt like a PS1 or PS2 game to me control wise, where they were still figuring out 3D games. I did enjoy the world and characters though, not sure if you do in RDR2.

I can totally understand that it can be hard for people to enjoy RDR2 if they hate the controls and/or mission structure. I don't really get how they expected it to be different, but what do I know. It's a shame as it's a great game story wise imo, but it's possible it won't be for you if everything else bothers you so much. It's probably the same with me and TLG. I honestly think it's a bummer because I wanted to love that game so much, but I just couldn't. I still want to go back, but the longer it takes, the less chance I give to see it happening.

Last edited:

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Late but the EZA 2019 prediction thread is one of, if not my favorite EZA stream ever
That Wild Ones section was GOLD
And now I'm on board with The Busted Trifecta

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Outside of Kyle who is crazy and still thinks ps5 is coming out in 2019 the rest seem to think it's getting a spring 2020 launch with a fall 2019 reveal.

I'm not really buying it myself. I see Sony repeating the timeline of the ps4. Spring 2020 reveal, launch fall 2020. We'll have to see

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Outside of Kyle who is crazy and still thinks ps5 is coming out in 2019 the rest seem to think it's getting a spring 2020 launch with a fall 2019 reveal.

I'm not really buying it myself. I see Sony repeating the timeline of the ps4. Spring 2020 reveal, launch fall 2020. We'll have to see

Obviously it's just speculation but it does seem like Sony are gearing up for an announcement this year. (No E3 etc). And so it follows on that if they announce something this year we probably get it early next year.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Obviously it's just speculation but it does seem like Sony are gearing up for an announcement this year. (No E3 etc). And so it follows on that if they announce something this year we probably get it early next year.
Except if they announce it early this year, then we will probably get it in November this year. That said, even though I always said they would release this year, it would probably not be a smart move with the way the PS4 is still selling. I think Sony is realizing this. I just hope that their hardware won't be underpowered when it releases.

I think Microsoft has more reason for an earlier release then Sony has as far as console sales go (even though I suspect their Xbox One X is doing ok), but they have to make sure they have some exclusives on launch, so they probably go to 2020 as well.

I honestly jumped off the 2019 bandwagon even though I was on it for a couple of years now. The current consoles are still doing well (Xbox One isn't a flop by even though we don't know the actual sales numbers because Microsoft stopped giving them years ago). And I don't think they really need to release their new consoles (especially Sony). Sony does stop PS3 and Vita games in March for PS+, so they are clearly making space for something new, but my guess is that it will be PS4 only until PS5 launches somewhere next year.

I still think Sony is still going to do a February/March reveal and November release, but it's probably going to be 2020 (maybe they are going to do a big PSX this year with the announcement in October/November). Microsoft is more difficult to predict because their backs are somewhat against the wall for next gen. I think they announce it properly before Sony (maybe E3 or so), with a release next year. Not sure if they are also going to do November. Maybe March like Switch did. I guess it depends on when most of the studios they have bought will be ready with their games.

Last edited:

Chuck

Oct 25, 2017

I'm with you. Just because it worked for the switch doesn't mean it's automatically in the cards for MS and Sony.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Why would Sony announce a PS5 this year if they wont release it until 2020? That would impact ps4 sales in the fall.
Wii U sold like he crap to begin with so it didn't really matter that they revealed Switch so early.

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017

I don't expect it to get a nod, but the Gameplay Trailer for IX that doubles as a Music video for A7X's 'Mad Hatter' is one of the best gameplay trailers ever made.

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Yea I can see it going that way too. It's only Kyles take that I think is crazy. The earlier we start getting the new console spec rumors from the usual outlets the sooner the announcement of the system becomes.

I think they did ps4 in Jan/feb? I could see a Dec psx reveal be a thing.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can't see them revealing in December (or doing PSX) just because it could impact their Christmas PS4 sales.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I was looking forward to them mentioning Dirt Rally 2.0 on the podcast when the date came up but they didn't even add the game Lol. Blood was even on the podcast was hoping to hear his thoughts on the game. Can't imagine it's a good look for codemasters who I guess are utterly failing marketing the game, I mean, EZA didnt even mention it for their pop tart /strudel talk! I get that it's a racing game and most folk don't care but still.

Also I can't understand why there's any hype for Left Alive. There's some prominent folks involved for sure, but damn, the gameplay looks rough as hell.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
I was looking forward to them mentioning Dirt Rally 2.0 on the podcast when the date came up but they didn't even add the game Lol. Blood was even on the podcast was hoping to hear his thoughts on the game. Can't imagine it's a good look for codemasters who I guess are utterly failing marketing the game, I mean, EZA didnt even mention it for their pop tart /strudel talk! I get that it's a racing game and most folk don't care but still.

Also I can't understand why there's any hype for Left Alive. There's some prominent folks involved for sure, but damn, the gameplay looks rough as hell.
I really enjoyed Dirt Rally, but I didn't even know 2.0 came out this soon. Not sure if I'm going to buy it for full price either even though I do want to play it in the end. I remember seeing it on a website some time ago, but I totally forgot already. I think they are going to have a tough time selling this one actually. It feels like they didn't market this one at all.

This doesn't look good for Codemasters. It's not like OnRush did great either (I bought it in sale and enjoyed it for the time that I played it, but I only played single player).

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I really enjoyed Dirt Rally, but I didn't even know 2.0 came out this soon. Not sure if I'm going to buy it for full price either even though I do want to play it in the end. I remember seeing it on a website some time ago, but I totally forgot already. I think they are going to have a tough time selling this one actually. It feels like they didn't market this one at all.

This doesn't look good for Codemasters. It's not like OnRush did great either (I bought it in sale and enjoyed it for the time that I played it, but I only played single player).
probably didn't help that for whatever reason, they titled it 2.0 instead of just 2. Seems like a patch rather than a whole new game. Lol.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
probably didn't help that for whatever reason, they titled it 2.0 instead of just 2. Seems like a patch rather than a whole new game. Lol.
Yeah, I don't really get that either. Especially because Dirt Rally was a serious sim and to me 2.0 doesn't look as serious as 2 for some reason.
I also just noticed that Trials Rising releases on the same day. I know it's a completely different game and that Trials isn't the biggest series (and I don't know how much overlap there is in players), but it for sure doesn't help for me as I love the Trials series.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
There will be a psx this year in december. It will end with the ps5 logo and shawn layden will say "look forward to hearing more information early next year." He will then clamp his hands and walk off stage to a roar of applause.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
There will be a psx this year in december. It will end with the ps5 logo and shawn layden will say "look forward to hearing more information early next year." He will then clamp his hands and walk off stage to a roar of applause.
That actually sounds really plausible and I wouldn't mind that at all, but I do think it could get some negative feedback as well (depending on how much later the actual announcement will be). I am personally not a big fan of announcing an announcement (but I would be fine with it because they also would show other Playstation stuff).

Last edited:

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
I hope the PS5 comes out soon because I'm not going to play The Last of Us 2 on the PS4. It's a Pro model but I still want the best possible experience for this game.

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018
Sorry that I'm out of the loop, but what is the deal with GOTYs this year? I heard Brandon mention deliberations on Cup of Jones. Is that today and will we be able to watch it?

ShadyK54

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Sorry that I'm out of the loop, but what is the deal with GOTYs this year? I heard Brandon mention deliberations on Cup of Jones. Is that today and will we be able to watch it?

They're having deliberations today that are being recorded & will be uploaded, not streamed.

The only GOTY's stuff they'll be doing on stream is their Personal Top 10's/GOTY's lists.

I think Jones might have mentioned showing the video on twitch so it'll end as that nights group stream starts to go live as well.

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018
It's on the schedule next Tuesday as "The 2018 Easy Allies Awards" premiering on youtube, 3 hours before the normal group stream.
They're having deliberations today that are being recorded & will be uploaded, not streamed.

The only GOTY's stuff they'll be doing on stream is their Personal Top 10's/GOTY's lists.

I think Jones might have mentioned showing the video on twitch so it'll end as that nights group stream starts to go live as well.
OK, thanks, I was a little confused about it since I seem to remember them streaming deliberations live last year. Didn't want to miss it if it was going to be a stream today.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Yeah, its normally fixed around 2.5-3 hours after it ends in my experience.
Yeah, it usually is. I have seen the Easy Allies account (I guess Blood) mention in the comments on the patreon post that they mentioned it to youtube, but I'm not sure if it's going to be/can be fixed. I hope it will be as I didn't watch it yet because of this. Especially because the stuff about their studio is usually at the beginning of the stream.

Last edited:

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018
I have to say, I really appreciate Kyle mentioning the Kenshin/Watsuki situation on the podcast. I wrote a longer comment on YouTube and have talked about it in other places on this forum, so I won't go into it too much here, but I think it's good to bring it up and hopefully communicate to more people how effed it is that Shueisha is OK with continuing to support Watsuki. Last I checked, the US Viz branch refused to continue publication. Good on them if that's still the case.

RugoUniverse

May 15, 2018

Honestly I'm still confused. Not sure what the group stream is - why cant personal Top 10s be a part of the GOTY deliberations? They're giving up a final gaming group stream in the garage for that? Hmm. Also will the deliberations be uploaded on Youtube when they're live on Twitch? I can't watch them live so I hope so.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Last time I took a look at Left Alive it looked really bad, like some long lost budget PS3 game.

Status
Not open for further replies.