• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly feel like Smash is the worst game to watch on a stream if you've watched or played it at all.
Its just a couple characters flipping around the screen over and over trying to do the same stuff every match for hours, imo.

Love playing Smash, can't stand watching it.

It's definitely a bit chaotic to watch, does have some cool moments though.
Smash streams do usually deliver on the banter though, which is 80% of the reason why i watch the group streams.

DangerMan

Oct 29, 2017
I don't get Daminai's dissappointment, he only cares about SP either way in TF2, and most people care about MP.

That's the point though - some of us are really disappointed in the MP only focus that 1st person shooters have taken since Battle Royale became the king of making money. TF2 is one of my favourite games of the past few years, I hardly touched the MP though. This years Call of Duty is the first one I've ever skipped, because it didn't have a campaign. The first COD since 2003 that has nothing for me.

I understand that games as a service is where the money is, and that MP has been more popular and a bigger earner for a long time, but I'm not looking at this as a shareholder. I'm looking at this as a person who really, really enjoys 1st person shooter SP campaigns - and one who sees the writing on the wall. It's disappointing.

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
I get Damiani's disappointment for sure - it's easy to hope that the studio who developed a game you cherish is hard at work on the sequel, especially one as refreshing as Titanfall was to an overcrowded FPS genre. Any time spent away from that series is a waste of their efforts, especially if they're testing the waters of the accurately described "fickle" battle-royale market. But at the end of the day, the best projects are the ones the studios are passionate about, and if Respawn had an idea for a battle royale and they felt good that they could deliver on it, then all the power to them. I think Titanfall will be back if not this gen, as a showpiece for next gen consoles and it will get its day in the sun, instead of playing second fiddle to Call of Duty or Battlefield.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Good Spoiler Mode, but I wanted to hear what Damiani had to say there at the end. Video's already an hour and twenty, what's another 10 minutes?

Oct 25, 2017
Patreon spoiler modes are smart.

People bitching are people who just want free shit because they hit subscribe.

I mean, the numbers speak for themselves. 60 patrons, most likely all driven from the re2 spoiler mode?

At the end of the day, if you are upset that you can't watch it for free, unsub and peace out.
If you want to talk about the business aspect of it, then that's cool.

RugoUniverse

May 15, 2018
I usually have the vast majority of streams as background noise for my own gaming time. Makes no difference to me what they play, I'm in it for the banter. The only exceptions are the gimmicky streams, which they don't do as much anymore anyway (Piranha Plant puppet excepted).

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
The only thing I don't like about the Smash streams is how often some of them will Up+B in the middle of the stage for seemingly no reason. Don't they know how vulnerable you are after using your recovery move?!

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I don't really watch the Allies play a lot of multiplayer games and usually just tune in for the gift/announcement parts for the Tuesday streams.

I do love their single player streams and watch so much of their content in general.

Link Gray

Oct 27, 2017
omg in the community showcase, Damiani doing the dub for the little girl in Shenmue while Brandon is trying his hardest not to lose his shit is freaking hilarious

Oct 25, 2017
What is going on with Pro Strats Only? Will this week be the last time the segment airs?

It was... largely just a rehash of the week before. I honestly didn't mind the segment initially. But this weird parody/half acknowledgment of the segments unpopularity isn't funny, and just isn't working at all. Either stick with the segment as it originally was or kill it off.

ShadyK54

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
What is going on with Pro Strats Only? Will this week be the last time the segment airs?

It was... largely just a rehash of the week before. I honestly didn't mind the segment initially. But this weird parody/half acknowledgment of the segments unpopularity isn't funny, and just isn't working at all. Either stick with the segment as it originally was or kill it off.

It's Kyle.

Just...it's Kyle.

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018
It'll continue until Kyle is bored or people stop raging out about it. This is essentially like the Shrek/Princess Bride bit.

Solobbos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Surprisingly often during the new studio the Allies have run out of time and had to stop early, for example the latest RE2 Spoiler Mode. I understand they have other shows to shoot, but shouldn't their own studio optimally allow them to shoot for as long as they like?

Oct 26, 2017
Surprisingly often during the new studio the Allies have run out of time and had to stop early, for example the latest RE2 Spoiler Mode. I understand they have other shows to shoot, but shouldn't their own studio optimally allow them to shoot for as long as they like?

It's time....

We need... a SECOND studio.

90k goal, let's go.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Time is one of the things humans always have a lack of unfortunately.
There's only so much time in a day.

I am sure they will get better over time with planning the shoots, but especially stuff like a Spoiler Mode or the podcasts can fluctuate heavily for the amount of time they take and my guess is those are very difficult to schedule (something like CoJ and community showcase as well).

Then you have scheduled streams for one of the people involved (in the other room) and stuff like that as well.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017

You gotta learn to just go with the flow. A new segment will come, it'll probably be good. Time is relative. Life is meaningless. Kyle is gonna Kyle.

Nov 8, 2017
4vPc7SX.gif

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
I'm sure the scheduling will get better over time. It's been a week since they moved into the new studio and it's a huge change. I'd give them a little time to get back in the flow.

Deleted member 42641

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 25, 2018

It reminds me a lot of Red Dead 2s story

It just keeps repeating the same message over and over again, when the audience caught on the first time it was delivered (dont hate me I love arthur morgan, just not a fan of the games length)

In all seriousness, it is really weird. When the bit failed and then it turned into a joke of itself and how everyone hates it, it has always made my eyes roll and the constant delivering that same joke for how many weeks in a row now has to be one of kyles worst jokes Ive witnessed to try to see him pull off.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
It reminds me a lot of Red Dead 2s story

It just keeps repeating the same message over and over again, when the audience caught on the first time it was delivered (dont hate me I love arthur morgan, just not a fan of the games length)

In all seriousness, it is really weird. When the bit failed and then it turned into a joke of itself and how everyone hates it, it has always made my eyes roll and the constant delivering that same joke for how many weeks in a row now has to be one of kyles worst jokes Ive witnessed to try to see him pull off.
It's because people keep complaining about it. It will stop when nobody cares anymore.
It seems to me that Kyle thrives on reactions like the ones on ProStrats. He just loves to ruffle feathers.

I honestly don't mind it at all. It's a short segment and the podcast needs to start somewhere anyway.
I actually liked it more when they were doing the intended bit (I like the idea behind it), but what can you do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.