• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
Kyle can do whatever he wants for the podcast opening but this has to be genuinely the most confusing and bizarre opening to "someone's first time listening to the podcast". It doesn't bother me much, but I am ready for whatever is next.

jbluzb

Jan 7, 2018
Yeah, I'm sure most people bitching could afford $1/month for EZA. However, I have to agree that Spoiler Mode just doesn't feel right as a Patreon exclusive. Spoiler discussions are very popular on YouTube and they could draw a lot of attention to EZA (which could then lead to new subs/patrons). Pretty much nobody who doesn't follow EZA already will see these announcement videos, so they're not bringing NEW people in with Spoiler Modes.
Patreon exclusives are perfect for stuff like CoJ ("business meetings") and fun little things like And For That Reason/Fancy Fifteen, not for meaty spoiler discussions, which feel like an essential part for a channel like EZA.

Just my two cents. I get to see all of that, anywway.

For me spoiler mode is the perfect carrot stick to get that $1 patron.

Last edited:

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
The way they've been growing recently, I think it shows how much of a minority those people really are.
I agree and I am usually not really worried about any EZA patrons gaming the system as it doesn't generally seem to be a problem for EZA.
But it can be in this case if some of the new patrons only want to watch one specific Spoilermode and don't care about the rest.

But I agree that it's probably no problem at all.

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I agree and I am usually not really worried about any EZA patrons gaming the system as it doesn't generally seem to be a problem for EZA.
But it can be in this case if some of the new patrons only want to watch one specific Spoilermode and don't care about the rest.

But I agree that it's probably no problem at all.
Were this the first exclusive spoiler mode, I'd say that maybe this might be a concern, but it's been several videos now so I don't think its been shown to be anything but a small minority of people.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Were this the first exclusive spoiler mode, I'd say that maybe this might be a concern, but it's been several videos now so I don't think its been shown to be anything but a small minority of people.
Sure, I can see that. It's just because it's RE2 and I didn't check the comments in the previous promo videos.

I can't say I was surprised that people were complaining, but still. I usually don't read youtube comments in general (they probably only make me angry anyway), so maybe that's why it made me think that people possibly would game the system for this.

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
I can't wait for the KH3 spoiler mode. Hopefully they dive into the epilogue and secret ending and get some speculation going too.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I'm all for trolling and bits

But I also want to actually enjoy their content, lol

Yeah but it's like what, five minutes at the absolute maximum. I think people have spent more time typing and reading messages about it here than all of the pro strats segments combined. I always think that, before I say something (regarding the content and people I'm a fan of), do they REALLY need me to personally tell them I don't care for a two minute podcast segment. The answer is usually no. If I had the thought then there's already thousands who had the same thought and blasted out a tweet or comment saying the same thing but in a worse way. I don't need to add to the pile.

This isn't targeted at you or anything, more of what I've noticed with the internet giving people a more direct link to the people they are fans of and how negativity just seems to grow and grow. It's what burns people out.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I can't wait for the KH3 spoiler mode. Hopefully they dive into the epilogue and secret ending and get some speculation going too.
I want them to actually discuss and break down the story. In the RE2 one, it seemed like Damiani was actively trying to avoid spoiling Fourth Survivor, in the SPOILER Mode.

RetroPS4

Oct 30, 2017
Reaction Shots this month was just Huber and Ian...but they totally went off the rails, especially at the end. There were some actual clip-worthy moments this time.

Too bad it's not elligable for clipping. Genuinely the funniest RS they have done. (And usually the show isn't funny, or really intended to be). I'm gonna say it's the studio. It just makes everything better.

Many people in the RE2 stream were bringing up comparisons to Gametrailers what with Jones popping up at the end, and just that great relaxed 2 person vibe. There were definitely many insane clippable moments there:)

It seems like the people who were downplaying the studio, or thought it would only change the appearance of shows/group stream, were dead wrong. Infact, I bet we are not far from seeing the return of pre-produced sketches like in the GT days.

I can see Piranha Plant as a legit replacement for Buttons when E3 rolls around (they could even play it like PP ate him or something silly like that!) Anyway, I'm more optimistic now than ever for the Allies future, and proud of what our community has done to enable this dream return to glory for them.

Maybe Kyle will even rethink his stance on an editorial show.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
I'm actually a big fan of Kyle poking fun at both the segment and the people who dislike it. It's very funny.

The podcast is looking and sounding even better this week. All they gotta do is take care of that light in the back that occasionally flickers.

Deleted member 42641

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 25, 2018
It's because people keep complaining about it. It will stop when nobody cares anymore.
It seems to me that Kyle thrives on reactions like the ones on ProStrats. He just loves to ruffle feathers.

I honestly don't mind it at all. It's a short segment and the podcast needs to start somewhere anyway.
I actually liked it more when they were doing the intended bit (I like the idea behind it), but what can you do.

I mean its past the point of getting a reaction from me, its just waiting for it to be over. It seems past kyle to stoop this low

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018
I got a pretty good chuckle out of Damiani and Brad's comments about the Pro Strats segment. I know, I'm a horrible person.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Pro strats is fine, but I think it would be better as straight-faced, serious answers to increasingly absurd questions, than every week being the panel giving Kyle grief over it.

Yasai

Dec 23, 2017
The podcast is looking and sounding even better this week. All they gotta do is take care of that light in the back that occasionally flickers.

That sliver of life that is trying to emerge from the sterile stage? Let's kill it immediately :)

Im kidding of course - there's enough going in the faces of the guests for now at least. I'm sure they're gonne come up with something in the future to make it more cozy. Just gotta remember the gametrailers stage for that although the 'cozy' is probably gonna be the streaming room

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That sliver of life that is trying to emerge from the sterile stage? Let's kill it immediately :)

Im kidding of course - there's enough going in the faces of the guests for now at least. I'm sure they're gonne come up with something in the future to make it more cozy. Just gotta remember the gametrailers stage for that although the 'cozy' is probably gonna be the streaming room

The GameTrailers stage was never cosy, but it was professional and I loved it. Just need some monitors in there.

I think the main complaint on the 4 person podcasts so far is the zoom, but judging by the videos, I don't think they can solve that with the space they have, unless they mounted those awesome flat Black Magic cameras, but then it would be less flexible.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I know people have an aversion to seeing the metal thing in the back, but this week on the podcast the desk took up half of the image lol. I guess I'm in the minority here, but I'd prefer if the allies were more centered, like they used to be at the garage.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
I know people have an aversion to seeing the metal thing in the back, but this week on the podcast the desk took up half of the image lol. I guess I'm in the minority here, but I'd prefer if the allies were more centered, like they used to be at the garage.
I don't think that either way of framing has been great, tbh. I did find the horizontal truss more distracting than the high table, though. What they did with the newest Tabletop kind of strikes a balance between the two, and should probably be their frame of reference when it comes to, well, framing their shots in the future.

The lighting in the two studio EZ Pods has also been a bit of a mixed bag, IMO. Some Allies were perhaps a bit dimly lit in the first episode, but I think the set itself looked much better with the stronger reds and blues. I personally prefer how the whole thing looked the first time, but I have a feeling I might be in the minority in that one.

RetroPS4

Oct 30, 2017
The GameTrailers stage was never cosy, but it was professional and I loved it. Just need some monitors in there.

I think the main complaint on the 4 person podcasts so far is the zoom, but judging by the videos, I don't think they can solve that with the space they have, unless they mounted those awesome flat Black Magic cameras, but then it would

To my eye they nailed it with the second podcast:

Last edited:

Rezbit

Oct 26, 2017
Apparently they are not changing the main logo... its just for the podcast and groupstreams..

It doesnt make sense

Yeah with everything going SO well at the moment that is the only critique I have - I know that logo has served them well but I feel like entering a sort of "2.0" era it's time to update them all. The old ones aren't bad, but keeping the same branding style throughout would be a good thing I think.

Yasai

Dec 23, 2017

You're completely right.

What they did have though was the cozy corner opposite to the stage, where they did developer interviews and which at other times worked as their substitute bench for people who wanted to be in the room but not on stage, lol

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can't believe how off the mark Damiani was on this week's podcast regarding Apex Legends. That thing will bring in more revenue for Respawn than TiFa 1 and 2 combined!

I absolutely love the Titanfall series but I think it's delusional to expect Respawn to somehow find CoD-like success on the third entry in the series. I mean when has that ever happened in any franchise? I can't think of one in any case. They were both amazing shooters but struggled with player retention for a multitude of reasons and while it's a shame we might not get another sequel Respawn have only just gotten started and I'm just glad we're going to get even more fantastic games from them.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe how off the mark Damiani was on this week's podcast regarding Apex Legends. That thing will bring in more revenue for Respawn than TiFa 1 and 2 combined!

I absolutely love the Titanfall series but I think it's delusional to expect Respawn to somehow find CoD-like success on the third entry in the series. I mean when has that ever happened in any franchise? I can't think of one in any case. They were both amazing shooters but struggled with player retention for a multitude of reasons and while it's a shame we might not get another sequel Respawn have only just gotten started and I'm just glad we're going to get even more fantastic games from them.
His arguments seemed really misguided. If you're a big fan of Respawn and Titanfall, you'd think you'd be happy with them finding success with Apex.

Ragnar

Oct 28, 2017
Most recent podcast looks perfect to me, camera angle wise.
The only thing I feel could be improved is tilting the camera slightly upwards to have more space above their heads and less of the desk at the bottom.
As it stands their eyes are pretty high in the frame. But maybe there's some sort of limitation there; I'm not going to assume.

Status
Not open for further replies.