• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
Damiani's comments on Apex Legends are incredibly bizarre.

I finally got around to watching and he makes no sense. Has he even seen or played Apex Legends? Or even heard the buzz around it?

Because if he saw how great it is he'd be singing a different tune. It's not going to be a flash in the pan with 10 million players in 3 days and being the most watched game on Twitch this week. The game is fantastic, the movement and gunplay is fluid, the team mechanics are innovative and all signs point to it being a surprise smash hit. We've seen it here and all over the internet, people who don't even like the idea of the BR genre are playing it and loving it.

As for it not being Titanfall, the alternative is worse - that the game is announced as "Titanfall Legends" or whatever but doesn't actually have any titans. The fans would rightfully be pissed. If there's any chance of Titanfall 3 it lies with the success of Respawn as a whole, and that includes Apex Legends.

As for Titans being added into the game? Nope. Terrible idea.

Oct 26, 2017
I finally got around to watching and he makes no sense. Has he even seen or played Apex Legends? Or even heard the buzz around it?

Because if he saw how great it is he'd be singing a different tune. It's not going to be a flash in the pan with 10 million players in 3 days and being the most watched game on Twitch this week. The game is fantastic, the movement and gunplay is fluid, the team mechanics are innovative and all signs point to it being a surprise smash hit. We've seen it here and all over the internet, people who don't even like the idea of the BR genre are playing it and loving it.

As for it not being Titanfall, the alternative is worse - that the game is announced as "Titanfall Legends" or whatever but doesn't actually have any titans. The fans would rightfully be pissed. If there's any chance of Titanfall 3 it lies with the success of Respawn as a whole, and that includes Apex Legends.

As for Titans being added into the game? Nope. Terrible idea.

To be fair the podcast was recorded Tuesday, one day after release.

But I do think he was overly pessimistic even for this timeframe.

Parenegade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean it didn't sound like Ian or Brad thought it was anything more than your standard Battle Royale. Damiani isn't the only one in the wrong. It's not just on him.

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
People get really riled up whenever Damiani voices a strong opinion. He doesn't seem to be into multiplayer games at all, which I get because I'm the same. Apex Legends is not interesting to me in the least.

Thinking that the success of this multiplayer endeavour will push EA to turn Respawn into a multiplayer driven studio isn't crazy at all, and since he likes Titanfall 2 SP so much (I personally just thought it was decent) I totally get the fear.

He has strong opinions and voices them without fear or attempt to soften the blow, and that annoys a lot of people. But really, we all do exactly the same on this very forum and even thread. It's just a point of view and a delivery style, and I actually think he's been trying to be more polite about it lately.

Xenoboy

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
People get really riled up whenever Damiani voices a strong opinion. He doesn't seem to be into multiplayer games at all, which I get because I'm the same. Apex Legends is not interesting to me in the least.

Thinking that the success of this multiplayer endeavour will push EA to turn Respawn into a multiplayer driven studio isn't crazy at all, and since he likes Titanfall 2 SP so much (I personally just thought it was decent) I totally get the fear.

He has strong opinions and voices them without fear or attempt to soften the blow, and that annoys a lot of people. But really, we all do exactly the same on this very forum and even thread. It's just a point of view and a delivery style, and I actually think he's been trying to be more polite about it lately.
You make it sound that Respawn wasn't a multiplayer driven studio to begin with lol. TF2 SP was like a couple hours long, and the first one didn't even have a SP.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
That's one of my issues with this whole thing. You kind of got to jump through weird hoops to know what they're up to. Sure, you could enable notifications, but of their 50k+ followers on Twitch, how many are doing that? You could check the website daily, but how many know Easy Allies have a website even? Basically, they should make it as easy as possible for everyone to know what they're up to as it directly benefits them when more people tune it. And firing off a 5-second tweet on a platform that has 26k+ followers and many have open much of the day seems like such an easy thing to do.
Twitch notifications for Twitch streams and their official website which converts the schedule to the viewers timezone are "weird hoops"? To me it's Twitter which is the "odd one out" in this if anything. Not that I would think they shouldn't promote in Twitter too, just seems very silly to describe Twitch notifications and official website like you just did.

I was expecting something much worse from the podcast, because of how I saw it described here. Yeah it was clear that the game was disappointing to Damiani, but there was no ill will towards it. What surprised me that Damiani likes the campaign in TF2 so much, I had no idea it's up there with Metroid Prime for him (from Damiani I take this as a huge praise). Need to play it myself too at some point. And how people even on this website shit on games and actually hope games/studios to fail, isn't even comparable to what Damiani expressed. Damiani was just really bummed that there's no TF3, atleast yet.

Also for the Damiani's fears that the game will quickly drop in popularity, I don't think that fear was completely unfounded. Just like with MOBA:s there's two that dominate the market. Smaller games can of course live alongside them, but this is an EA game. What kind of success/profit EA expects is in completely another league. As we can see with them considering their multimillion sellers to be underperforming. Damiani said Respawn was taking a risk with hopping into the Battle Royale genre, Zampella himself also said as much in a blogpost. I don't think Damiani is sad if the game can continue and grow it's current success.

Last edited:

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Nah, it wasn't the opinion of not liking it, it was the idea that that Apex was going to be a flash in the pan. That idea seemed wrong already when they recorded Tuesday, crazy by Wednesday podcast release and by the Friday release, just straight up ludicrous.

It's still doing close to double Fortnites numbers on Twitch.

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
You make it sound that Respawn wasn't a multiplayer driven studio to begin with lol. TF2 SP was like a couple hours long, and the first one didn't even have a SP.
I was just trying to see it like he sees it (or how I understood it). I personally didn't think that the single player of TF2 was that amazing, so I don't have any opinions on Respawn at all. But he seemed to absolutely love it, so it matters to him.

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, it wasn't the opinion of not liking it, it was the idea that that Apex was going to be a flash in the pan. That idea seemed wrong already when they recorded Tuesday, crazy by Wednesday podcast release and by the Friday release, just straight up ludicrous.

It's still doing close to double Fortnites numbers on Twitch.

Apex Legends still could be a flash in the pan though...it's been out for a week. Damiani is completely right to say that most BR games and the entire BR market is very fickle. Eventually all roads lead back to Fortnite - the new game comes out, it is a worthwhile diversion for X amount of time, and then eventually the big streamers get tired and Fortnite prevails. Apex Legends certainly could buck the trend, but it doesn't erase the trend of the past year or more.

To this point, I don't know if Respawn knew what they had with that campaign, or if they knew how wildly positive it would be received. I agree with Damiani that it is one of the best FPS campaigns of all time, if not THE best - it just differentiates itself so much from its predecessors and the rest of the genre. Not to mention, the game ends with some...unfinished business, so it would be nice to see what comes next. I think it's only fair to hope that Respawn would take all this praise to heart and build an even more robust SP campaign for Titanfall 3, not to mention continuing the already fantastic multiplayer options available.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Apex Legends still could be a flash in the pan though...it's been out for a week. Damiani is completely right to say that most BR games and the entire BR market is very fickle. Eventually all roads lead back to Fortnite - the new game comes out, it is a worthwhile diversion for X amount of time, and then eventually the big streamers get tired and Fortnite prevails. Apex Legends certainly could buck the trend, but it doesn't erase the trend of the past year or more.

Nah, PUBG was big, then Fortnites came out and nothing got close to viewership or player base until Blackout and even that feels like a mod compared to the polish of Apex. Hell, Fortnite still feels like a hack in a lot of ways.

I'm not saying it's going to be bigger than Fortnite in the long run, I'm saying it's not going to disappear like Realm Royale or the like, which is what Daniani is saying.

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, PUBG was big, then Fortnites came out and nothing got close to viewership or player base until Blackout and even that feels like a mod compared to the polish of Apex. Hell, Fortnite still feels like a hack in a lot of ways.

I'm not saying it's going to be bigger than Fortnite in the long run, I'm saying it's not going to disappear like Realm Royale or the like, which is what Daniani is saying.

I'm just saying I think it's fair for him to be skeptical. And who knows, he may change his opinion in a month and say "wow, I tried Apex Legends and it's actually pretty great, kudos to Respawn", but I think it's totally fair for him to roll his eyes at another Battle Royale entry. Maybe I'm looking at it differently because I share the love of TF2 and am largely not a fan of BR games (although I get their appeal), but when one of your favorite studios is radio silent, and you're hoping that means "Well I know they have Jedi Fallen Order later this year, but maybe, just maybe there's time for Titanfall 3 in the pipeline", only to find out the years you had hoped were going into that sequel went to a Battle Royale game - which by and large have been marred by lootboxes, mtx, and general cash grabs - it can be deflating. I personally would be hyped as hell for TF3, although I am not expecting that series to ever return - maybe on next gen consoles though. I don't think Damiani meant any ill-will toward Respawn (and he sort of clarified his position in the final word).

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
The area where I disagreed with Damiani is he came out of the gate and (this is off memory) with a one two punch of:
"I hate everything about this game"
"It'll be Dead in 2 weeks"

I get him preferring a SP campaign. But his opinion even when recording it on tues afternoon seemed crazy to think it would be dead in 2 weeks. That was his preferences clouding his opinions of the data up to that part and current market trends.

I do think as the podcast went on he caught himself on how he was coming across and started to soften his stance (See the final word)

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Apex Legends is going to be a mainstay and I say that as someone who really doesn't like first person games very much. I've already put 20 hours into it this weekend alone. The high TTK makes the encounters just feel really good and allows for a lot of strategy and good team play. Tactical respawns mean you stay invested even when you're dead. Hero abilities give you something to do besides shoot. Movement is incredibly smooth.

Now that just need to have a a good GaaS plan with a decent battle pass like Fortnite.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Which one of you goobers wrote the email about Arrogant Sony?
Not me, but it's very close to my thoughts about it.

I am afraid of how arrogant Sony has become this generation (compare their stance on cross-play to the beginning where they made that funny video about sharing games) and I compare it to PS2 -> PS3, Wii -> Wii U and Xbox 360 -> Xbox One for a while now. I hope I'm wrong, but it has proven over the last few gens that the one that's on top the gen before usually is a bit too arrogant and starts doing stupid stuff thinking nothing can happen to them.

Let's hope the top dog finally understands that they need to keep appeasing fans. Some people are fanboys who only buy one or two systems from the same company, but some people will go to the best/most user friendly system. I was mainly Xbox 360 last gen and PS4 this gen. I'm open to either of them for next gen depending on what they offer (just like I was last gen). If I can't play my large PS4 backlog on my PS5, I will probably switch to what Xbox has to offer (if their systems are comparable). Being able to play it on next gen systems adds a lot more value to the purchase of my games.

I will probably buy both again, but being my main system makes a big difference in how many games I buy/play on that system.

Last edited:

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
The area where I disagreed with Damiani is he came out of the gate and (this is off memory) with a one two punch of:
"I hate everything about this game"
"It'll be Dead in 2 weeks"

I get him preferring a SP campaign. But his opinion even when recording it on tues afternoon seemed crazy to think it would be dead in 2 weeks. That was his preferences clouding his opinions of the data up to that part and current market trends.

I do think as the podcast went on he caught himself on how he was coming across and started to soften his stance (See the final word)
It wasn't that crazy to be honest. Radical Heights started really strong too and died down fast after. At the surface it's not that far fetched too assume that Apex could be similar it's only if we get into the differences that might showcase a different future for Apex.

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
It wasn't that crazy to be honest. Radical Heights started really strong too and died down fast after. At the surface it's not that far fetched too assume that Apex could be similar it's only if we get into the differences that might showcase a different future for Apex.
Outside the genre it was in there is nothing remotely similar between Apex and Radical Heights. From the roll out, pedigree of developers, to how complete it feels at the start, the gameplay foundation, to the public reception of the announcement. That's like using Bubsy as a guide for a new platformer release. Damiani sighted Sea of thieves but again I thought it was a bad comparison given the objectives and goals each game strives to do. Sea of thieves when it launched, like anthem, its easy to see it's got rocky patches on the horizon. Apex can easily cool off down the road if they don't nail the long term support and updates. But to me it'll take longer than 2 weeks for that to happen because the foundation already in place is so strong.

Last edited:

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Outside the genre it was in there is nothing remotely similar between Apex and Radical Heights. From the roll out, pedigree of developers, to how complete it feels at the start, the gameplay foundation, to the public reception of the announcement. That's like using Bubsy as a guide for a new platformer release. Damiani sighted Sea of thieves but again I thought it was a bad comparison given the objectives and goals each game strives to do. Sea of thieves when it launched, like anthem, its easy to see it's got rocky patches on the horizon. Apex can easily cool off down the road if they don't nail the long term support and updates. But to me it'll take longer than 2 weeks for that to happen because the foundation already in place is so strong.
You're arguing very specific differences here even based on actually playing the game. I'm merely saying it's pretty far saying he was crazy. Did he even play Apex already at that point? They recorded it only 2 days after the release too, it seems to me very feasible to make the surface assumption that it might be just another radical heights. Also don't get the Bubsy comparison again Radical Heights had a lot of buzz on twitch a good few days, it's only when you dig in and look at the retention of streamers beyond their paid promotion streams that it becomes more apparent that Apex is a different beast. But sure if Bubsy somehow gets as much mindshare as a new mario game for 3-4 days maybe then that comparison might work.

Last edited:

Deleted member 42641

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 25, 2018
I dont see anything crazy about damani's opinion especially in the timeframe that it was given and do not think in anyway he would be someone that wouldnt admit that he was wrong when given time to show the games long term success.

It had been out for what not even 48 hours at that point ? Of course people are going to be wondering if the game is really truly a success at that point and thankfully we had someone on the podcast to drive the discussion like that. Its doing super well but games can fall pretty hard and quick at one wrong turn

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Lol, it's kind of funny how this is such a popular opinion now all due to crossplay. It's more about fanboy ammo than actually being something that matters much.
It depends per player. I have an large backlog on PS4 and it would be fantastic if I will be able to play it on PS5.
I hardly ever play multiplayer games, so actual crossplay isn't as important for me personally, but I do think it makes sense to enable it for as many games as possible.

I do think it's weird that people are forgetting that MS did the same thing last gen when Sony wanted to go Crossplay for a couple of games and MS didn't want to have anything to do with it. That said, times have changed and I don't think they can hold of any longer for next gen. I totally understand why a lot of players would love being able to play their games crossplatform. My friends are spread over PS4 and Xbox One, so it would suck if I would play a lot of multiplayer games.

I really enjoy playing on my Xbox One, but the fact that I needed to import it because they refused to release it in more than 13 countries in the beginning (even though they were originally planning to release it world-wide) made my choice for the PS4 as my main system very easy this gen. I think Phil Spencer did a great job since he took over, so I expect it will be closer next gen.

I actually hope both of them will be closer again next gen as tighter competition will help consumers in the end.

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018
Regarding Twitch notifications vs Twitter and other forms of social media notifications, I'd just like to see them be consistent with communicating on every platform that they have a following on that might benefit from seeing those notifications. It would be the most considerate way to communicate to their audience that they are going live and also has the potential to get new eyeballs on the feed. As someone who tried (and failed, lol) to be a streamer, sending out a tweet before going live was probably the easiest part of the whole ordeal. Just put a "TWEET BEFORE GOING LIVE" post-it note on the monitor and be done with it.

I think it might be frowned upon by the YouTube TOS now, but streamers used to post short "going live!" videos on their YouTube channels (I know Max used to do this, for example), and that actually made me aware that they were streaming more often than seeing a Twitch notification email. That might be more work than it's worth, but I guess I'm just mentioning it to say that people catch these notifications in different ways depending on their browsing habits, so consistently leveraging every option is probably the best practice.

Xenoboy

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Let's be honest, who casually checks their email in favour of Twitter, if you have both of course. Twitter you're gonna have a tab open, your mail I don't thin so :backseatbosman

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Let's be honest, who casually checks their email in favour of Twitter, if you have both of course. Twitter you're gonna have a tab open, your mail I don't thin so :backseatbosman
Not true for me, but ok.
I always have my mailclient open and I don't check twitter a lot.

I honestly think everybody is different in how they use their computers and services. It's very difficult to do the best possible thing for everybody.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Lol, it's kind of funny how this is such a popular opinion now all due to crossplay. It's more about fanboy ammo than actually being something that matters much.

Sony is playing it smart. They will announce that the "beta period" for cross play is over with the launch of the ps5 and every game will support it. Other than that there is there stance on backwards compatability which I'm hopeful will be addressed as well.

They still put out games that are leaps and bounds above 95% of the games Microsoft creates.

Keith Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Twitch notifications for Twitch streams and their official website which converts the schedule to the viewers timezone are "weird hoops"? To me it's Twitter which is the "odd one out" in this if anything. Not that I would think they shouldn't promote in Twitter too, just seems very silly to describe Twitch notifications and official website like you just did.

Personally, I find email notifications kind of intrusive, but that's not neither here nor there as I'm not advocating one over the other as everyone has different preferences. I got nothing to support this, but I'd imagine a vast majority of their Twitch followers do not have notifications enabled. When I'm talking about Twitter and whatnot, I'm mostly talking about a way for them to reach out to their much more casual fans. If you check this thread often and you routinely stay to the end of each group stream, you're probably relatively informed what they're up to, but that is a vast, vast minority of people who consistently do that. Twitter is also non-intrusive in comparison. Also, like Kyle says (but doesn't practice), it's good to get your "crunches in" (sending out tweets) as it's completely beneficial to have a larger presence everywhere as possible as it directly benefits them.

About the "weird hoops" comment, what I mostly mean is that to know what they are up to you need to be checking their website every day (what % of their 200k+ youtube subs even know they have a website?) as things are added or changed on a whim (such as Don/Ian stream) or have email notifications enabled (which I'd guess would be a low #) and which will often be a surprise. It's about a 50/50 crapshoot if they'll tweet about it.

And yeah, basically cosign everything Gaming Groove said. Consistency is key and it's such an easy and beneficial thing to do.

Edit: This is a whole new bag of worms, but I think even having a website that they expect people to consistently go to is a poor choice. Everything they do exists on Youtube, Twitch or Patreon first and their is no "unique" content they create that exists there. Literally the only reason for me to click on their website is the schedule, which is convenient, but there is no reason for it to be "exclusive" to the website.

Last edited:

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Personally, I find email notifications kind of intrusive, but that's not neither here nor there as I'm not advocating one over the other as everyone has different preferences. I got nothing to support this, but I'd imagine a vast majority of their Twitch followers do not have notifications enabled. When I'm talking about Twitter and whatnot, I'm mostly talking about a way for them to reach out to their much more casual fans. If you check this thread often and you routinely stay to the end of each group stream, you're probably relatively informed what they're up to, but that is a vast, vast minority of people who consistently do that. Twitter is also non-intrusive in comparison. Also, like Kyle says (but doesn't practice), it's good to get your "crunches in" (sending out tweets) as it's completely beneficial to have a larger presence everywhere as possible as it directly benefits them.

About the "weird hoops" comment, what I mostly mean is that to know what they are up to you need to be checking their website every day (what % of their 200k+ youtube subs even know they have a website?) as things are added or changed on a whim (such as Don/Ian stream) or have email notifications enabled (which I'd guess would be a low #) and which will often be a surprise. It's about a 50/50 crapshoot if they'll tweet about it.

And yeah, basically cosign everything Gaming Groove said. Consistency is key and it's such an easy and beneficial thing to do.

Edit: This is a whole new bag of worms, but I think even having a website that they expect people to consistently go to is a poor choice. Everything they do exists on Youtube, Twitch or Patreon first and their is no "unique" content they create that exists there. Literally the only reason for me to click on their website is the schedule, which is convenient, but there is no reason for it to be "exclusive" to the website.
I have their calendar imported in my mailclient's calendar/google calendar (there is a link on their website), so I don't always have to go to their website.
But again, I can see people not really using calendars, so it's probably not a good solution for everybody.

They have a couple of ways for us to know about their schedule, but it's obviously impossible to use every possible notification system.
I am not saying it wouldn't be a good idea to put more of those notifications on twitter, it's just something you need to thing about while the schedule on the website (and thus the calendar link) are filled out by Blood, so the only thing they need to do is message him beforehand on slack when they are going to stream (or however they do this). It looks to me like they do this on a per week basis.

Oct 26, 2017
Feel free. Doesn't mean it'll be dead in 2 weeks though.

Yup. People are conflating opinion ("wish I had TF3 instead of this") with analysis ("game will be dead in 2 weeks").

One should't affect the other.

Edit: Also, no one is obligated to make correct analysis, they have to be free to make mistakes. Some things seem like a sure bet and don't work out that way. I just think Damiani's opinion clouded his analysis but as thedarkknight said he did seem to have softened his stance at the end.

Last edited:

Bloodworth

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not sure why there's such a big conversation about Tweeting before streams. Sure there are times we forget or times when someone just turns on the stream to do something more casual, but the vast majority of the times people stream, they're tweeting about it. Sounds like Ian and Don didn't this week, but they also never stream, so it's not like they've had a chance to develop that as a habit. Don in particular doesn't use Twitter very often at all.

We're each doing streams on our own, and I really have no interest in going back through to see who all did or didn't tweet this week. I just know that I do it pretty much every time, and I see others doing it regularly as well. Group streams are the main thing I forget just because of the associated chaos going on before we go live. If you notice someone forgets to tweet, you can just let us know in a kind way or maybe even write a tweet that you're looking forward to it that I can retweet if I happen to see it.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
People asking for Titanfall 3 are asking for Respawn to be in serious trouble. They tried twice, the second time they nailed it by all accounts, and it didn't work commercially. Why would the third time magically be the one? If anything the market for AAA multiplayer shooters is even tougher than when 2 released, Battlefield V has all the trouble in the world to have a place, even Black Ops has problems with player retention. It's extremely hard to compete with these F2P games like Fortnite or the 30 dollars ones like PUBG, games who are long established, don't release yearly, and keep most of their audience for themselves. In this context, Titanfall 3 would have probably been even worse off than 2, and it's not a better than average 4 hours campaign that'll change that.

Keith Stat

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure why there's such a big conversation about Tweeting before streams. Sure there are times we forget or times when someone just turns on the stream to do something more casual, but the vast majority of the times people stream, they're tweeting about it. Sounds like Ian and Don didn't this week, but they also never stream, so it's not like they've had a chance to develop that as a habit. Don in particular doesn't use Twitter very often at all.

We're each doing streams on our own, and I really have no interest in going back through to see who all did or didn't tweet this week. I just know that I do it pretty much every time, and I see others doing it regularly as well. Group streams are the main thing I forget just because of the associated chaos going on before we go live. If you notice someone forgets to tweet, you can just let us know in a kind way or maybe even write a tweet that you're looking forward to it that I can retweet if I happen to see it.

Hah, I'm surprised it picked up this much traction as well, but anyways since we are on it...

No tweets went out this week for 1) Brad and Damiani stream, 2) Ian and Don stream Jurassic Park stream, 3) Huber and Damiani RE 2 stream and 4) Kyle's stream.

Updating social media I'm surprised isn't an ironclad rule #1 for anyone deciding to go live. It's simple, quick and informative and doing it with consistency is key. It's a good idea to alert you guys if that information doesn't go out, but like it's difficult to know if we are even missing something in the first place if we aren't actively on Twitch. And like I said, this "concern" probably doesn't apply to much of us here as we are in the "know" compared to the vast, vast majority of more casual EZA fans. It's more about reaching the more casual follower of EZA.

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
People asking for Titanfall 3 are asking for Respawn to be in serious trouble. They tried twice, the second time they nailed it by all accounts, and it didn't work commercially.
Considering that they've got a battle royale thing that people seem to like, them taking a risk on game that A) people want and B) doesn't really have anything else like it in terms of the gameplay loop is less of a studio killer now than it was before. And it's pretty important to remember a lot of Titanfall 2's failure is due to EA's horrific scheduling of its release.

Honestly, they could probably make a single-player only TItanfall 3 and put it out for ~$30, and it would probably do alright/really well if A) EA doesn't screw them over on the release, and B) Respawn nails the gameplay again.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Considering that they've got a battle royale thing that people seem to like, them taking a risk on game that A) people want and B) doesn't really have anything else like it in terms of the gameplay loop is less of a studio killer now than it was before. And it's pretty important to remember a lot of Titanfall 2's failure is due to EA's horrific scheduling of its release.

Honestly, they could probably make a single-player only TItanfall 3 and put it out for ~$30, and it would probably do alright/really well if A) EA doesn't screw them over on the release, and B) Respawn nails the gameplay again.
Titanfall 3 as a bigger single player game could work, kind of like Doom did, but then EA would need to lower their expectation significantly I'm guessing. With Apex being the money maker, they could do it.

But they also would need to compete with games like Rage or even Far Cry, and that's a whole other issue.

Bloodworth

Oct 28, 2017
Hah, I'm surprised it picked up this much traction as well, but anyways since we are on it...

No tweets went out this week for 1) Brad and Damiani stream, 2) Ian and Don stream Jurassic Park stream, 3) Huber and Damiani RE 2 stream and 4) Kyle's stream.

Updating social media I'm surprised isn't an ironclad rule #1 for anyone deciding to go live. It's simple, quick and informative and doing it with consistency is key. It's a good idea to alert you guys if that information doesn't go out, but like it's difficult to know if we are even missing something in the first place if we aren't actively on Twitch. And like I said, this "concern" probably doesn't apply to much of us here as we are in the "know" compared to the vast, vast majority of more casual EZA fans. It's more about reaching the more casual follower of EZA.

I'm guessing you're more concerned with the main account, but it did happen, and it looks like the stream got good views. "Ironclad rules" though is pretty funny. It's something that can be mentioned, but I'm not sure which one of us is supposed to be the cop about this. And while I agree that it's standard practice, I'm not losing sleep over it if it's missed. I'm skeptical that it makes that big of a difference overall. We have twice as many followers on Twitch for one, and they tend to flow in immediately when we're live, even before I shoot out a Tweet.

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018

I'm guessing you're more concerned with the main account, but it did happen, and it looks like the stream got good views. "Ironclad rules" though is pretty funny. It's something that can be mentioned, but I'm not sure which one of us is supposed to be the cop about this. And while I agree that it's standard practice, I'm not losing sleep over it if it's missed. I'm skeptical that it makes that big of a difference overall. We have twice as many followers on Twitch for one, and they tend to flow in immediately when we're live, even before I shoot out a Tweet.

I don't think anyone needs to "be the cop," just a reminder posted somewhere in the stream set would probably go a long way. Obviously there will be missed opportunities, and that's fine, but you all have quite a few followers on the EZA account, and if even 1% of them might see that communication it's probably mutually beneficial to EZA and its audience to take advantage of the platform at every opportunity.

I want to be clear, I appreciate how hard you all work and I don't mean it as a harsh criticism or anything. No ill will intended. I just want to see you all be as successful as possible. Again, for what it's worth I'm a complete failure as a streamer, so my opinion is probably worth less than anyone's. I won't take any offense if you disagree with anything I've said here.

Thanks for posting here Bloodworth. I do appreciate the willingness to engage.

Status
Not open for further replies.