• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MultiJhonny

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Haha also kudos to whoever called the Apex Legends group stream - looks like it's officially on the docket. Has some potential for fun so long as they swap out and don't let Huber steal all the glory. Although, maybe not tonight, but how sick would it be if Ben brought his PS4 and they hooked it up in the green room for some co-op action. I know they have machinations on LAN parties in the future, but it could also work with something like this so long as the bandwidth didn't get crushed with two PS4s running at the same time.

That would be cool. Probably gonna be a pretty engaging night with chat then tbh.

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
It would be nice if they could add another metal beam to make it symmetrical and they could then have more options in regards to the framing. It wouldn't be anywhere near as distracting if it matched

RugoUniverse

May 15, 2018
Really like Apex Legends to play but unless they pass off the controller I might be out on the group stream. Found Blackout and most of the Fortnite streams pretty dull.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I wish gimmick streams happened more often. We've already had multiple group streams of people watching Huber play a game. I don't know. I just don't see that as a super engaging stream.

Giever

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, unless it's multiple allies in the same squad (and even then..) I'm not super interested in the battle royale streams.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
Apex and stuff like that are good for random 2-3 person streams, main group streams though.. just feels like a waste of a stream.

Szeth

Oct 25, 2017
I wish gimmick streams happened more often. We've already had multiple group streams of people watching Huber play a game. I don't know. I just don't see that as a super engaging stream.
Yeah, really missing the fun streams from when patrons picked stuff. At least they threw in a twist last week with the piranha plant. Hope tonight also has something more than just the 8 of them watching Huber play yet another BR. The launch stream with Huber and Ian was enough, you covered it, move on.

demu

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
People were bitching too much about too many gimmicky streams. Now we're getting boring stream after boring stream (as in, I'm not even interested in watching) with an occasional Hall of Greats in between. Where my Design Challenges at? Fancy Fifteens? Just something that isn't being streamed by everyone and their mothers at that moment. This and the lack of big betting outcomes (Nutrition Raps, Songs for Brad, Dinorama Extravaganza, The Trial of Kyle Bosman etc.) make the group streams really uninteresting for me.

Oct 25, 2017
I wish they'd go back to the Group Stream Selection Committee idea but only in cases where there isn't an obvious game to play that week. Might help eliminate "let's just play Fortnite/Apex" streams. Like have Kyle be like "okay Patrons, we can't come up with a game for this week, so throw one at us." Doesn't need to be once a month thing or anything like that. But on a "as needed" basis.

I'd also like to make a case for them to maybe not try and showcase the hot new game of the week on the group stream, especially if it's just a single-player thing, but do that on another night with maybe just one or two Allies. Play fun group games on Tuesday.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
My idea when back in the day was:
One patreon pick per month and I still think that can work. They can still do whatever they want the other streams and there will still be room for HoG or other types of streams.

That said, I don't really mind them picking it themselves. I usually put it on in the background if I don't find it interesting and play a game myself.
I just switch back if there are presents or if something interesting seems to happen.

I honestly don't mind that at all. I always loved the groupstreams more for the banter than for the actual games.

I actually think it makes sense for them to play Apex. It's not my type of game, but I will probably watch it at least for a little while.
I enjoyed watching it on Hubers stream, so it should be fine.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
I definitely like the gimmick streams. Didn't know people had been complaining about them.
Some people complained that there were gimmick streams every week. I was tired of the gimmick streams winning every week as well and I think EZA was tired of them, which is why they cut the voting system.

Doing a Don's Design Challenge without Don was a bit weird imo and it was losing it's magic for me. I don't have anything against the gimmick stream ideas, it was just getting a bit too often for me personally. It's a bit like doing a HoG every 2 weeks. It would kill the whole thing imo.

That said, I wouldn't be opposed to doing a patreon pick every month (which basically means a gimmick stream almost every month).
Maybe that's even a bit too often. And it depends on the ideas. You have a problem if the streamers don't enjoy doing their stream.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
People were bitching too much about too many gimmicky streams. Now we're getting boring stream after boring stream (as in, I'm not even interested in watching) with an occasional Hall of Greats in between. Where my Design Challenges at? Fancy Fifteens? Just something that isn't being streamed by everyone and their mothers at that moment. This and the lack of big betting outcomes (Nutrition Raps, Songs for Brad, Dinorama Extravaganza, The Trial of Kyle Bosman etc.) make the group streams really uninteresting for me.
Yeah, I hope they go back to some of the weirder stuff. I imagine the studio move combined with coming off of the big holiday game season has pushed their priorities elsewhere, so hopefully they can settle in soon and maybe get more creative. I think I'd also like it if they didn't do monthly tournaments. They've become SUPER uninteresting to me, because it seems the same four Allies always win (Brad, Ben, Huber or Damiani). Make those quarterly and make everyone aware of the game to be played so they can prep and actually hype it up like an event. I almost dread the tournaments now because they always end the same.
That said, I don't really mind them picking it themselves. I usually put it on in the background if I don't find it interesting and play a game myself.
I just switch back if there are presents or if something interesting seems to happen.

I honestly don't mind that at all. I always loved the groupstreams more for the banter than for the actual games.
I get not minding the group streams as they are, as they're often background noise for me too, but I wish they weren't. And they almost always get bigger numbers on the more "novel" streams, so I feel like it would behoove them to make the effort to think outside the bun a little.
I definitely like the gimmick streams. Didn't know people had been complaining about them.
I loved them, but I also wanted them to have a mix of things instead of just doing gimmick streams. You could tell they weren't always on-board with what they were doing, and that's not very fun to watch sometimes.

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
I did because the patrons ran them into the freaking ground. And you could tell the crew was getting tired of them. They are fun on occasion but moderation couldn't be done with that crowd

When your tournament becomes a dons design lab far cry 5 level editor then changes need to be made

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
Some people complained that there were gimmick streams every week. I was tired of the gimmick streams winning every week as well and I think EZA was tired of them, which is why they cut the voting system.

Doing a Don's Design Challenge without Don was a bit weird imo and it was losing it's magic for me. I don't have anything against the gimmick stream ideas, it was just getting a bit too often for me personally. It's a bit like doing a HoG every 2 weeks. It would kill the whole thing imo.

That said, I wouldn't be opposed to doing a patreon pick every month (which basically means a gimmick streams almost every month).
I loved them, but I also wanted them to have a mix of things instead of just doing gimmick streams. You could tell they weren't always on-board with what they were doing, and that's not very fun to watch sometimes.
I did because the patrons ran them into the freaking ground. And you could tell the crew was getting tired of them. They are fun on occasion but moderation couldn't be done with that crowd

When your tournament becomes a dons design lab far cry 5 level editor then changes need to be made

Sounds like the balance was off, that's fair for sure. And certainly you want them to be into their streams, I wouldn't want to watch the ones where they weren't on-board either.

The thing is I've been unable to watch the majority of their group streams, so it must have been less noticeable to me. I noticed the voting system complains though, so I guess I just didn't pick up on the specifics.

Anyway, I've been able to watch more lately and I do feel like they're a bit too rare now. The recent picks have been rather unappealing to me, though I personally do like their Smash streams. Haha.

Oct 25, 2017
But really, we all know the thing the Allies aren't doing enough of is finding a way to get Damiani or Kyle into a short but passionate relationship with an on-the-rise pop star so they can raise EZA's streaming profile and get a slice of that Ninja money on Twitch. We'd hit 52K in no time!

RugoUniverse

May 15, 2018

Sorry, DarkKnight, but that was a top tier group stream. Kyle's team made the ultimate toilet in videogames.

Keith Stat

Oct 25, 2017
I pretty much don't have a strong opinion about the group stream selections and process and whatnot, but I always thought a nice middle ground would be putting up a post once or so a month that just brainstormed community ideas. No obligation to pick anything and no votes, but the community can still lightly participate.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
All of that looting and planning then they just get killed in seconds by the first people they come across.
That's why i will never play BR games lol.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
By far my favorite stream in awhile. Could be because i am completely biased since i love Apex but i wish they played more online games together on stream.

Status
Not open for further replies.